Till Death Comes beside me...

MY VAMPIRE

Like any other days, I prepare myself to school...

Noa has his own college life now but he still takes me on his bike. Our parents are still busy as ever.

"Noa, do you believe in vampires?" I asked stupidly. I was just curious okay? He stopped pedaling.

"No. Those supernatural demons are fiction sis" He said in a straight manner but not facing to me.

"Really? Well, I believe in them and I want to meet one of them one day! hahaha! Just kidding" This time.. I may have crossed the line. Noa looked at me like he discovered mold on his favorite toy. "Stop kidding like that Andy!" now his voice was dead serious.

"Why are you acting like that? I was just saying I wanted to meet one one day! Why are you so mad at me?"

"I'm not mad and you won't understand my reasons even if I tell you"

"How will I understand if you won't tell me Noa?" we're like kids fighting over a toy but this time, it's really a serious matter. He's gone too far with his word and he keeps hiding things from me.

"It's not yet time Andy, please understand." This statement! I've heard this from..... from Saneel!
I stepped out of the bike and went to his face "Noa, tell me honestly. Do you know Saneel?" His face expression changed again. His facial expression tells me he knows a lot of things.

"Ho-how did you know her?"

"You tell me how you know her and I'll tell you what I know about her Noa!"

He took a deep breath..."Fine.. tonight then.."

"Then I'll be going ahead now." I started walking to my path.

"Andy, please take care. I'll die if anything happens to you!"  I heard Noa shout from behind.

DIe? What crap is he talking about now? Wait! If he knows something, does it mean my parents alsoknow something about this?

This is getting ridiculous!

What mysteries are bound in my life! If ever it has a key... tell where it is! I want to be freed from this tangled situation!

I wasn't able to concentrate on m studies. I also realized that Jun has been staring at me in class but it's not the issue for now. I need to know what Noa knows.

Straight after class, I ran home and not minding the things I've passed through. Not caring what people are seeing in me. I just want to get home.

Changing my clothes, Noa entered my room. He jus came home. "Are you ready to speak out Noa?"

"Well I have no other choice, do I?" he sat on my bed and I sat on the floor. "Andy, the two of us are not siblings. We are not the children of this family" "What are you saying Noa? Mom and Dad..." 'they told me when I was 6. You know about the Council, don't you?

"Yes"

"They are part of th councila and they are monitoring all the newborns here. They always use the lie that they're on a business trip but they're actually debating all day and night long." 

"If what you said is true, wh are our real parents?"

he took another deep breathe. "I am a half-vampire half-human Andy. My parents were both killed by a newborn my vampire father killed. Your parents though... were both humans who were killed by a noble vampire clan. From what our present parents told me, your parents are scientists who study vampires and werewolves. But the werewolves all die and the remaining vampires are using the knowldge left by your parents"

No way! I... I'm so startled. My legs twisted. This is so sudden. My body feels numb.

"And about Lady Saneel.." Oh yeah, I forgot about her. "She's the root of all the vampires. She's basically the queen and mother of all vampires. Her blood is fused to all the council and some noble vampire clans. Your classmate Elli is also one of the noble clans. She's the daughter of the Fielgem clan. Her parents killed your parents Andy!"

 

Ta-thump! Ta-thump! Ta-thump!

 

"Please go out for now Noa. I'm tired and I want to be alone for a while" I pushed Noa out of my room. My heartbeat was too fast - it was unbearable!

"Andy, please remember to tell me what you know about Lady Saneel. And I promise you, I'll protect you with my life - especially with that Jun" I shut the door lock and lied on my bed.

The sound of Jun's name made my heartbeat even worse!

Knock! Knock!

This sound came from the window. I went to see and it was Jun.., I opened it.

"Please take me away from here Jun. Take me somewhere peaceful" I saw his startled expression but he asked no question and carried me in his arms.

I wanted to be craddled away from all this stuff for a while... Jun's cold hands and body made it seem like I'm floating in the vast sea. I buried my head in his chest as he leaped from poles and houses...

 

Who do I trust now? Who do I believe now?

--chap end--