Chapter 47

Hot and Cold

“congratulation, my daughter!” your father said and gave you a warm hug as the gradution ended. “Thanks, dad” you said. “Hm, I guess you are going to hand around with your friend after this. See you at home” he said and leaving home. You are so glad that your dad spare his time to come to your graduation, it was just enough for you.

Minho is still talking with his parent on your right. His parent didn’t even pay a glance at you although you are sure you are on their sight. Especially his mother, who try her best to not looking at you. They avoid any eye contact, and it made you feel bad.

A moment later, Minho approach you as he finished talking. He gave you a smile. “So, ready to hit college?” you asked and give back a smile. “Indeed” he said and both of your exited the auditorium.

“HyunJaeee” a shout from a familiar voice said. As you turn your body, JiWoo already hug you tightly. “Finally we finish high school! I’m gonna miss you like really really miss you!” Jiwoo said and still cirlcling her arm around you. “You even didn’t say you’ll miss me” Jonghyun and acting jealous.

“Ya! She will not be around us anymore! She will go to Canada” Jiwoo said and pouted. “What? You didn’t tell us! Canada....you are going to take the college there?! I thought you’ll continue to the Summer College like us” Jonghyun said.

“Yep. I know I haven’t told you guys anything, I guess I made everyone surprised, didn’t I?” you said. Minho was  a bit surprised and didn’t say anything. “Yes, that was a surprise. It was great! And you have to give us a treat then” Jonghyun added.

“Hyunjae, when will you go there?” Jiwoo asked. “I still have two weeks from now on. And about the treat...for today, of course” you said and Jonghyun cheer the most enthuastically.

Four of you arrived in a small chicken restaurant near the school. Jiwoo and Jonghyun will order it for four of you and there you feel bad when Minho didn’t say anything until “you didn’t tell me about Canada” he suddenly said. Yes, you just didn’t want to make it a big deal for everyone since they didn’t ask.

“Sorry about that. My father had planned it though, no way to cancel it eventhough I thought it will be better in Korea. But it’s not too bad after all” you shrugged. Maybe not too bad for you but for Minho, no one knows.

“In a count of two weeks I will say a farewell. Isn’t it too fast?” he asked and looked unpleasant. “Yeah, it is” you said while looking down. “So here are the chickens” Jiwoo said and put down the tray of foods. It was an exciting late lunch anyway, Jonghyun jokes around and Jiwoo aways made a small quarrel with him. Minho in the other side was quiet and just joing the laughter without saying any. Untypical. He had something else in his mind and you afraid that the food aren’t delicious to him.

“Hyunjae, thank you for the food. We ate well, but we have to go first” Jiwoo said as all of you finished eating. “It’s okay, see you on weekend” you wave a good bye. Jiwoo drag Jonghyun out from the resaturant. And for the hundredth times, you are left again only with Minho.

And there the awkwardness that you had long gone, now came back. “You didn’t like chickens?” you asked him and it was a kind of stupid question after said. Minho turn to look at you from the table, “No, it’s delicious” he said, nonchalance of anything that you’ll come up as a topic.

The silence come again which piss you off since both of you didn’t know what to say. You are afraid that he was mad at you for not telling him about the college. It was sure a surprise for him but you didn’t expect him to act that way, no after you recalled and remember that he had feelings toward you. Maybe it still last till that time, no one knows.

“Hey, let’s go to the place I know” he suddenly said again and his face birghten up. In a sudden, his mood changed for a hundred eighty degrees. Maybe he just realize that he is still on reality. Seeing him brighten up, you fell less awkward. “where?” you asked.

“bed” he said with a serious tone. You feel uneasy and make your mind wondering things. You didn’t realize you frown at your own thoughts and didn’t give a reply to him which made him laugh. “I’m joking! Let’s go” he said and pull you with him. “But.....you haven’t say where are we going” you scold and too late, he already take the control over you, dragging you somewhere.

It turned out to be a lake, not far from the restaurant. You saw it everyday when you were on the way to school, but you never get to see it that close. It was wider than you imagined. The water is just right in front of you and you could touch it anytime if you decided to give your hand forward.

Minho eventually put himself sitted on the grass ground under the tree, didn’t feel any shame that it was a public place. The fact is, many people passing by and none of them are interested to plant their on that place. No people around the edge, just both of you. “Minho...don’t you think it’s a bit....” you didn’t continue since you expect him to understand what you gonna say.

Unexpectedly, he pull you down and made you lost the balance. You ended up laid your back on the cool grass. He joined you laying and both of you laugh like something is funny eventhough there aren’t any. “It’s worth it though” Minho said and began to close his eyes.

The breeze that brought a cool atmosphere and the sun that brings heat made you give in and close your eyes as well. At least, for a moment it gave you peace. Suddenly his fingers interwined to yours. You flinch at first but just let him did and decided to keep your eyes closed. It was glad to have someone by your side in every condition you went through. However still, you couldn’t love the guy.

To be under the tree remind you of many memories. How you sat under it when you foolishly starring at Siwon when he passed by who turned out to be a jerk. Speaking of Siwon, you didn’t get any news from him again. Not after you went to his house. He is done with you.

You also remember when you were on the vacation and you unconcsiously fell asleep with Minho under the tree as well. All you remember is that you were watching the horizon and then it all turned in to a dream land. Another moment is when you have that so called date with Donghae in the park. You sat on the bench with him and how he sent butterflies to your stomach. Both of you were watching fireflies that day, the beautiful scene that couldn’t leave your memory.

The scene didn’t leave, but the person does.

“Hyunjae, he couldnt make it” the sentence that you never forget eventhough you really want to. I feels like it happened so fast. Though his dead made sense. A coma person to be transferred to the other country’s hospital wasn’t a good idea. In the end......he didn’t make it on the way or maybe it was just his time already. How you wish you could turn back the time and know better of Donghae.

“Hey” Minho’s sound wake you up to reality. “Why are you crying?” he asked. You didn’t even realize that you let a tear fall, then you shed it right away. “I just...gonna miss you guys so bad” you lied eventhough the reason made you sad, but it wasn’t the main reason.

“It’s cool though. Canada. You better study hard there” he smile and pat your head. If it’s true, that Minho is still has feeling for you, then you have to blame yourself. Because what you’ve done with him these past years is a bestfriend bond for you. But you have no idea what is in his mind. If he really still has, you gave him too much expectations until now. And it was bad.

“Let’s go home now. My dad must be waiting for me” you said and get up to your feet.

-

Two weeks just passed that fast. You have packed your luggage the night before and now it was just waiting to be dragged beside your door. Your bedroom is nice after you look at it for long, and comfortable. The window let the sun rays to go through. You’ll just miss all of them soon. After a while, you take a look at the watch on your right hand, three hours to department. Knocks on your front door could be heard, your dad is the one who open it.

“Hyunjae, your friend is here” he said as he finished talking to the guy on the door. “Alright” you said and getting up to reach your bedroom’s door.

Minho is standing there in front of the door of your house. Your dad take a leave after you are there. He gave you a smile and you smile him back. He did it often, to smile at a random time. “You still has an hour, right?” he asked. “Yes, and then I have to hit the airport” you said and shrugged, nonchalant of the fact.

“Let’s go” he said and pull your hand. “Wait, where? I have to ask permission to my father” you said and pull back but he was refusing. “I told him already, let’s go” he said and soon both of you are outside of the house. There is no sign of his motorcycle or car either. “You walked?” you said and didn’t believe it to remember the distance.

He nods. “Yes, I was just around here and I think it’s better to give you a stop” he said. “So, where are we going?” you asked, looking up at him. You stuffed your hand on your hoodie pocket as if it was cold. “Just walk. The park isn’t that far from here” he said.

You nod. “Beside, it is good that you spend this left hour with me. You gonna miss me the most, wouldn’t you?” he said and raised his brow. “I doubt that” you joked and continue walk forward. Actually you don’t know where the park is or which park that Minho meant. But since there’s Minho, so you just need to stay by his side.

“Here” he said and pat the seat beside him. You just realized that you arrived already and even Minho took a sit on the bench already. You don’t know how long you’ve been standing there until Minho called. What you just realized, all the way there, is a quiet walk. None of you start a conversation.

You take a sit beside him and the reality hit you. Where have you been? How could you don’t know anything? As you sit and observe the place around you, it’s the too familiar place. It is exactly where Donghae took you before and watching the night’s beauty, fireflies. You screen the place once more, wanting to believe that it is a different place. But it’s not.

“What’s the matter?” Minho asked as he saw your sudden change of attitude. “No-nothing” you said. Your back was stiffen earlier but now it turned back to normal. You stare at the lake in front of you and hoping that fireflies will come out again. It is impossible since the sun has rised hours ago.

Just if it’s possible to turn back time, you want to do it that time before you hit foreigner’s country and the new life begin. The thought of visiting the park for last time didn’t come to your mind earlier. “Hyunjae” Minho called. You look back at him even though your mind is still wondering another matter.

“I want to say something” he said. “Mm” you said as an approvement. Your eyes turned again to the lake and still hoping that magic is real. The memory seems hit your mind once more and Minho’s presence just disappear. “Forget it” Minho’s voice said. You just realized that he just gonna say something and he felt it might bothered you somehow. “What are you going to say?” you asked him, feeling bad as well that you showed no interest.

“No, just forget it” he said again. “No, seriously I’m sorry. What are you going to say?” you asked once more. “I just wanted to say, that all of us here gonna miss you” he said and give a convincing smile. You know it is not the actual thing what he wanted to say, he has something more. “Yeah, me too” you said and ignore the thought.

“Just remember to call me when you are there” he said. “Okay” you nod.

-

“Have you bring your coats?” your father said as all of you coming down from the car. “Yes” you said. The luggages are quite happy that you need a security to help you out. “Thankyou” you said as all of them were carried out from the car.

Your dad look at you while smiling. He throw a hug at you and you hug him back tightly. It feels like you don’t want to let go in fact. “Promise me you’ll spend your time more at home for Taemin” you said. “I will” he said.

Taemin then come up behind him. Since he is not going to hug your first, you hug him first and gladly he hug you back. “Gonna miss you. Be good” you said and he nods. Again, you turn to your father. “Gonna miss you” you said and pull back. “Gonna miss both of you” you said.

After a while, you check you luggages in and turn in to the waiting room. It was still about a hour more until the departure. Your stomach is calling for food. Fortunately, there are many snack sellers. A bread is enough for you and a mineral water.

The waiting room was filled with much more noises when a bunch of teenagers barked in. Maybe they’re on a holiday trip and planning to go with their friends. *How fun* you thought that you may go with Jiwoo, Jonghyun, and Minho as well next time.

“.......passengers with flight number XXX, destination to Canada......” the announcement said.

 It is your call.

 


 

OHMYGOD, I'm so happy I could give an update! I was dying of waiting for my internet to be available. I have to tell you a sorrow news, bad news, and good news.

So, the sorrow one is.....I FREAKED OUT. Seriously. I wrote this story for three times because it was accidentally deleted! Arggghhh the first one piece, it was complete already but when I click "save chapter", all of them just.....GONE. But alright, I can do nothing with it. No time machine :(

The bad news....I got myself braces :'( you know, I mean.....My appearance looked a lot different.

At last, here you go, good news! SM GLOBAL AUDITION WILL COME TO MY COUNTRY! INDONESIA! So happy and I want to give a try (eventhough I have braces....) but yeah I still don't know :( I'm lacking of confidence

Cheer me up okay, by COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE lol