Chapter 21

Hot and Cold

Longest chapter I ever made! I will make some longer too next time! And yeah, FREEDOM!!! Guess what?! I've finished my final exam *Kiss Donghae* *kiss Minho* * kiss Taemin* *kiss my mirror*

Okay, enough.

Enjoy reading everyone! comment and subscribe!

 

You feel like lack of sleep, even though you remember you went to bed earlier. Hardly you open your eyes, and your alarm ringing. (Well, you know what its sound, right?) *your house is on fire!*

"Ughhh" you mumble and rolling back and forth on the bed.

"I'll leave first, sleepyhead" you heard Taemin's voice by the door. *mm? Why he wake up so early? I don't have to knock on his door again, uh?*

You saw Taemin is ready in his uniform. "What are you up to?" You raise a brow.

"Picking up a friend. Yaa you know...." He start to blush. *it must be MinSu. Howcome a guy who still like spongebob get a girl.....actually I still like spongebob too LOL* Taemin toss a bubblegum onto the air and it get into the mouth. Luckily he didn't choke. Then he leave the house.

Lazily you wake up and do your stuff.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"He's just okay." It's what Minho always say to you when you ask what happen to Donghae. At lunch time JiWoo and Jonghyun having a lunch in their personal place, which you also don't know.

"HyunJae, sorry I can't accompany you. I have to help Mr. Kyuhyun" Minho said You sigh

"okay, it's okay" but you force a smile *okay, now I'm alone*

You sit down on the bench that facing the garden. you don't have any appetite. So you just staring to the garden. Donghae pass by, you can see by your eyes' tail. He is heading to the canteen. You wanna ask of what happen, but it seems like it just make him bothered.

Suddenly, a figure sit on your left. In reflect, you look up to see who it was. It was Donghae. He look at you and then he neared his head towards you. Like a kissing scene. At first, you were surprised of his act. And of course he melted you down. Your heart also getting faster.

 

*siwon...* you remembered the incident happened. You pull yourself back. Donghae then stop when see your reaction. He smirks then laugh.

"Why are you backing away? You think I will kiss you?" He said, still with his smirk.

*uh-oh, almost dude* you blush because embarrassment. Again. You don't mind his question.

"What're you doing here?!" You yell. fortunately no one was there. Everyone is in the canteen.

"Mm...Want buy you some lunch. Did you mind?" He ask without looking at you.

"I don't have any appetite"

"I guess you should try the new store in the canteen. You won't regret" he said, his brow move up and down. You raise your brow too, making a confuse look.

"As a 'thankyou' from me for yesterday" he said with a playful smile. *since when he become playful like this* your head nods. You trail behind him, and try to catch up because his big steps.

 

"What flavor, .....Jae?"

"Hmm....chocolate" it's on the top of the menu.

"Chocolate and vanilla, please. Make it chocolate chips on the top" Donghae ordered. Not long after he ordered, 2 good-looking pancakes are on Donghae's hand with an ice cream on it. He gives you the chocolate one. You take a scoop and it tastes delicious yummy. Both of you search for a seat. But the canteen is full of crowd. Donghae's friends also nowhere on sight.

"Let's get out from this crowd" Donghae said and walk out from the canteen.

The bench where you both were seated was taken by a couple. But Donghae keep walking, while you don't have any idea where is he heading. Then, a playground showed up in your sight. It's such a quiet place. No one was there, not even a child.

"Why do we have a playground?" You ask looking around. The place were filled with tree and with slides on the middle.

"Yeah, once our school have the kindergarten. But then they moved." "My fave place" he said and sit on the swing in front of him.

You join sitting on the other swing. *maybe Donghae like some peace, like this place*

This is what you want to ask for long, "What happen to you yesterday?" You ask, expecting answer from him.

"Small matter. I'm just having a headache" he said in really simple mode. He doesn't seem want to discuss about it, so you stop yourself from asking another bunch of questions. You wonder how he act different day by day. Seems like he is a moody person. Sometimes cold and making you want to punch him on the face but sometimes he is a LITTLE nice too.

Then there....an awkward silence......again...

But he come out with an interesting (interesting?) topic then, "HyunJae, sorry to bother you around with my questions these days. I mean, about Minho" he look at you then look away, take a scoop of pancake.

"What's the point of asking those?"

"..........., I'm a bit over protective, uh? You must have known that he likes you, haven't you?"  *so....he really likes me?*

you don't answer Donghae's question, but he continues,

"Can I count on you?"

"Sure, you can!! "

"Once.....yeah, Minho like a woman, you know a 'crush'. She is a cheerful, lively, and of course beautiful" Donghae just realized that he told too much. You want to laugh at him, but the timing isn't right. Though, you sure want to hear what's next.

"Then I found out that she loves Minho too. One day, Minho gone for a training camp. Minho asked me to take care of her. He said it in a joking mode, but I was sure he is serious. But..something unexpected happened...she gone, gone for forever." "Minho then found out. I know deep inside he lost his trust in me. I....just....."

You remain quiet. *Donghae have a soft-side too. Haha!* *no it's not the time to laugh*

"I told too much, huh?" He smirk, notice your quietness, staring blankly to the ground.

"Ani. I know why you become that overprotective then. You feel sorry for your brother, so you want to 'repay'? By taking care...of me......?" It's weird for you to say those things. He looks a bit surprise on how you quickly understand.

"You got it" he said and turn his smile, really a smile. *omo, is this Donghae? For real?* you stare at his face and you no longer can keep your laugh. Donghae stare you back, confusedly, and giving a look 'you laugh?!'. 

When your laugh getting calmer, you said,

"Sorry. It's just hilarious to think that you become my bodyguard then!" You grin widely. He seems to be bothered,

"I'm not saying I am"

"Uh, indirectly yes, you are" you whisper to yourself.

 

Seeing him pout because just told a sad story (sad story?) , you cheer him up by,.....

"Bodyguard, throw this!" You hand him the plastic wrapper of pancakes when you finished eating it. Instead of happy, Donghae glare at you like....'Seriously?!'

 

 

You spend some more time there. Playing with the swings and slides. It's like flashback to the childhood. At first, Donghae just waiting for you playing while he sit on the swing. You pull him and force him to do a slide. Donghae just sigh, try too refuse,  but you thought, *he actually enjoy it, isn't it?*

You think he should chill up more. He went on top of the slide still refusing but then you push him to go down. You also slide down before he could get up. So you two bump to each other. "Aww! Your fault!"

"We should get back" he quickly stand up.

"Yeah.....right" you said while rubbing at your aching chin. Both of you get out from the playground and there's the garden before, but the couple is no longer there on the bench. The canteen also empty.

*oh, are we late?*