Chapter 23

Hot and Cold

Donghae walk you until your house's front gate. Yeah, he's a quiet gentleman but you still have to beg him to walk you home, since it's late already. You open the door and find Taemin sitting on the sofa, you only could see his back.

"uh, you're home" Taemin look back.

At first, you though he was alone. But then you found out MiSun is siting beside him laying down so her head is hided behind the sofa's back. "Oh" you  made the sound. You expect that MiSun has some manner. But instead, she looks away after looking at you. Without you realize, you glare at MiSun until,

"What?" she raises her brow.

You let out a sigh and not looking at her. You just walk into your bedroom. It's useless to wait there waiting for her greeting.*Okay, seems they're close already. Fast attempt, Taemin*

You throw your whole body onto your comfy bed. Feeling exhausted, yet happy without reason. One thing you glad for, Donghae getting nicer to you than the first you met him.

"Taemin, don't sleep too late. You might be late too for school. And tell your FRIEND to go home too. Her family should be worried!" you shout through your door. And put some accentuation in the word 'Friend'.

Taemin doesn't give any reply but you sure he heard it already. Without any hesitation, you fell into your dreamland.

 

- - - - - - - - -  - - - -  - - - -  -  -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Weeks have passed and nothing happened. You still best friend with Minho, JiWoo, and Jonghyun. But these days, you find it awkward when talking with Minho, since you know already his feeling towards you. And you keep trying to not thinking about that.

Donghae, yeah,  You don't talk that much with him these days.

This morning, you do your morning routine as usual. And don't have idea wheter Taemin will wake up or not afte ryou knock on his door.]

 

 

"Don't forget you have a homework to collect, Jae" JiWoo said as she tap your shoulder.

"Omo! Is it Mr. Kyuhyun's?" you just remember and reminded also by Mr. Kyuhyun already.

"Ne!" JiWoo grin, giggling seeing you forget about it.

Minho and Jonghyun also joining in, they also giggling at your forgetfulness. "I think you're lucky today, since he's absent" Jonghyun add then walking towards JiWoo, and pat her head. They two are TOO sweet. Yeah, it's normal, since they really love each other.

"Hey, let's go get some lunch" Minho pull your arm to the canteen, since it's lunch already and notice that JiWoo and Jonghyun need some time together.

"You should try the pancake" Minho said, leading you towards the pancake stand.

"I've tried it actually"

"Oh, really?!"

"yeah, your hyung bought it for me" you take a look at the menu.

"Oh" he pauses for seconds, you couldn't see his face expression since you are busy looking on the menu.

"Then I will buy you one also" he gives you a smile. "Great idea!" you clap cheerfully.

A pancake, still delicious one but different flavor than you have before was served. Minho also giving some compliments to the pancake. A moment later, Donghae come towards your table. Minho noticed him also. Suddenly, Donghae kneel beside you and said, "Are you free this weekend?" and offer you a flower.

Although you confuse,but your cheeks are blushing. Minho also raises a brow towards his hyung, he doesn't seems like it. Donghae gives him a 'sorry' look then he turn back to you again.

"Just accept it!" Donghae mouthed. Onew and Eunhyuk laughing so hard at him from the other table. The girls were staring at you. Donghae mouthed again in rush this time, feeling annoyed. FInally, you accept the flower with a confuse look and seeing him walk back to his seat with his blushing cheeks also. He had his head down, feeling embarrassed.

"Just ignore him" Minho said, and continue with his eating. *Is he really boiled with anger or it's just my feeling?*

 

 

-Days passed-

Tomorrow is Saturday already. *I'm going to call him, I'm not going to call him, i'm going to call him, I'm not going to call him* This is what you've been thinking along the day. If Donghae's offer was real, then tomorrow is the date. You know that maybe the date isn't real, but somehow you want it actually happened.

After some consideration, you decide to text him at home, (red=you, blue=Donghae)

Yaa! tomorrow is really the day?

Yes, tomorrow is Saturday.

*you stupid* I mean... were your offer real?

(Minutes passed)

Oh, you mean that one.

Yes, what else it should be?

Just be ready at 4 p.m.

Where are we going?

(no reply)

I will not go if you don't tell me

(no reply)

Feeling mad because he doesn't give any reply, you give your a phone to your bed, fortunately is landed softly. *What should I wear?* *Uh, why must I prepare, he doesn't tell me where will we be going* Eventhough you decide to throw that thoughts far away, at last you prepare for tomorrow's outfit. *What's got into me?*

 

The next morning, you feel the sunlight hit your face directly. Someone opened the window for you. You though it was Taemin, he rarely care for his sister. Instead, you saw a man figure standing by the window. It's you father. You glad you still remember him because actually what you remember all the time is both your mom and dad has died. Your mom has died already, but since your father is so busy, you have less time to bond together.

"Morning, darling" he smiles to you. It's really manly, that's one of the things you like from him.

"Morning, dad!! I miss you" you hug him tightly. "Did you see Taemin already?" you asks

"Nope, his door was locked. But I did the same thing, I opened the window for him but from the outside" he seems a bit embarrassed of what he did. *He really wants to open the window for him?*

"When did you got here?" "Just now, honey. I have the keys. Let's go get our Taemin. I've bought you breakfast before I got here" 

You walk with your dad towards Taemin's room. As what usually you did, you knock on his door loudly.

"Taemin! Wake up! You have to wake up!" you knock on his door abundantly. Taemin's groan also heard.

When he opens the door, he yawn and groan with his swollen eyes. "What the heck, sis. It's still Saturday, and besides it's still morning. How did you get into my room and let those sunlight hits my face?" He is a bit mumbling and rubbing his eyes trying to wake up fully. Then he notice his father, "Oh, daddy!" he turns into a baby.

"My little boy now become a man! And.. I'm the one who opened the window. By the way, I miss you, son!" he hugs Taemin but his way is too tight. "Uh dad, I can't breath" Taemin said.

"Children, I have a plan to go out today. Together. Where we should go?" Your dad asked cheerfully.

"Uhm, Dad, sorry. But I already have another appointment" Taemin said quickly. You want to refuse too, since you have to go out with Donghae today. After seeing your father disappointed, you will accompany him. Besides, you already told Donghae that you will not come if he doesn't tell where is he going.

Dad drives to a mall. "Okay, just do it in mall. I think you have to go shopping, dear" your dad said to you. Somehow you are happy because you can shops the clothes you like but you also a bit embarrassed because you only wearing plain clothes and that's why your dad asked you to. 

"Okay you just shop everywhere you want. After 30 minutes, come back to here, this is our meeting point. Because I want to buy som tux too" your dad said. After that you split up.

You doesn't take a long time to choose your clothes. After buying some stuff you adore, you come back to the meeting point again but your father haven't finish with his tux maybe. Knowing that it will took long, you sit down on a bench nearby beside a man's back.

After seated, you smell a familiar smell of someone. A man besides you then move backwards so his back hit your head. In a reflect, the man turn around and it's Donghae.

"You said, you will not go if I don't tell you" he smirks