Chapter 35

Hot and Cold

It's a morning like usual. People will getting busy since it's Monday. "Taemin, I'm going first! Just remember to wake up, will ya?" You said from outside of his room. As usual, no answer from him. 

 
You walk towards your school with a different spirit. You never felt this way before, rare. This is a rare time since you have a willing to go to school. Even you can't wait to go to school, since you'll meet Donghae. 
You remember those times you spent. Began with a fight on the vacation, dating unpurposely, missing him like crazy then, and just last night you had a quality time. 
 
It's just like a faith, you never expected that you can missing him and close to him this way. Well, you feel happy yet sad because unsure of his feeling towards you. Somehow and sometimes you can admit that you actually like him. That's no doubt just by remembering your heartbeat when you're close to him. 
 
Your heartbeat is going faster as you're closer to the school's gate. Because can't wait of what will happen by today. Of course you are expecting somethin from Donghae, though you thought yourself as silly when you think twice. "Hi, Jae" some of your friend greets you as you pass them by. It's a good sign for a good day you thought. 
 
Seeing MinHo sitting as his usual chair, brush all your memories and your expectations with Donghae. As soon as you saw him, you remember on how you ran away from him and made him look so hurt. You feel guilty yet scared. Scared because can't be friends anymore with him onwards. 
 
"Hi" you manage to greet him first. It's so awkward like unusual. He smiles back at you as his greeting, he also feel the same way. Awkward. But yet feel kinda guilty, because ever confessed to you? He knew that he had ruined the friendship just by saying those words. "I'm sorry" he suddenly said . You look confuse to him but actually you're shock at what he said in sudden. 
 
"It's okay" you said and smile a bit to him. Though you two are still awkward but the tense had decreased. Then you sit beside him like usual. Out if the awkwardness, you manage to think about Donghae again which you have done before. And it helps you a lot to clear the awkwardness. Somehow you sank in that thought. 
 
"Hey, Jae! What smile is that for?" JiWoo's voice waku you up as she caught you on smiling by yourself. She tease you and give a suspicious look. "Uh?? Nothing" you said and try to be as calm as possible because you feel your cheeks like burning. Unfortunately, MinHo has recognized that earlier and he try to not mind the conversation between you and JiWoo. Also not mind that blushing silly looking face on you. 
 
"Someone like youu~~" you, JiWoo, and Jonghyun singing along jokingly along the corridor when it's the rest time. MinHo of course didn't join the three of you singing but he laughing. Students looking at all of you when you pass by because of that silly noises in the corridor. Well, you don't mind except if there's Donghae pass by. Luckily, he is not there. 
 
"Your part, Jae" Jonghyun said to you then you start to sing, "I wish nothing but the best for youuu". Just like an unfortunate, Donghae walk from the opposite direction. All you can hope is he didn't hear you singing that way. You quickly burried yourself behind JiWoo's back. And a fire like burning in your cheeks crazily. He might have humiliated you again and what worst now you are in a crowd. 
 
Hiding behind JiWoo's back isn't helping. Without a doubt, he find you easily like a white dot between the black background. He look at you when you two are getting closer. He greet you with his smile, this time is sincere smile, and you wave a 'hi' to him awkwardly and still feel ashamed. Your heartbeat are getting faster and faster as he getting closer. When he pass you by, you didn't dare to look up to him. "Not a bad one" he said with his low tone just in time he pass you. 
 
You know he is talking about your voice just now, that he had heard. And that's bad. 
Instead of feeling humiliated, you feel embarrassement in you like crazy. You cheeks burning hot and the butterflies in your stomach flying around without any direction. But weirdly, you didn't mad to him or else. 
 
"What was that, Jae?" JiWoo ask suspiciously once more when she heard that Donghae talk to you and that you hid behind her back. "Oh, I see" Jonghyun interrupt in with a cheeky smile on his face. You want to refuse of any things they think about but no words could come out from your mouth. And for the second time in this day, MinHo try to didn't mind what happened around him. He stare at you feeling lost but turn away quickly because he knew if just by looking, it will not help. 
 
Of course you noticed his stare this time and you remember how you two first time met, how he stare at you too. But this time, the meaning behind those stares are different. Eventhough you say it's okay to him, but still you avoid the eyecontact towards him. 
 
Lunch gone so fast, you only take your time with your silly daydreams. About how if you have an uncountable dates with Donghae and never become in a relationship. Mr. Kyuhyun even caught you once more because you didn't pay attention, instead daydreaming. MinHo is really quiet that day, he seems sick or else. JiWoo and Jonghyun is a bit concern to him. "Jae, what's between you and Donghae sunbae??" That question from JiWoo really caught you off guard, again. She asked you in the dismissal where Jonghyun and MinHo had gone home. 
 
"Nothing. What do you expect?" You ask back, not wanting to show anything obvious there. She answered, "well, I fishied you haha. And what weird is, MinHo really quiet today. Is there anything about a love triangle??" She said teasingly. "Ya! Keep your mind up" you said and try so hard to hide the blush on your face. 
 
The feeling of guilt overcome you again. Though you felt guilty but you can't change anything or accept his confession. You even didn't like him, maybe like as best friend not in the other way. You manage to get home first before JiWoo ask you with a bunch of questions again. She is so damn suspective.
 
Donghae, just like a coincidence standing in front of the school gate which where you are heading to. He is standing between the crowd who also dismiss. And the crowd push him everywhere, so chaos. Like there's a concert in front of the school gate. Some boys, the annoying boys which you hate most, are cheering so loudly while they're heading out. Donghae just stood there still, waiting for the place to get fewer people. You smirk seeing him in a difficult and such an uncomfortable situation like that. 
 
Then he turn his head and facing you. He seems relief because he can walk towards you, to freed him from that crowd. You smile as he approach, he also smiles back. But just in time, EunKyung aka Tiffany interrupt that moment. She drag Donghae by his arm and take him somewhere. Donghae is a bit surprise by her act but he can't refuse her force since she is a girl. Donghae wants to look back at you, but he already gone behind the gate. Yes, of course tou're disappointed. You can't meet him that often in the school time since he is twelve grader. 
 
"Jae, wanna go home?" Suddenly Minho's voice come from behind. You notice that he had not gone home yet.  Maybe this is the turning point of the awkwardness they had this day. Minho asking you because he want to clear all the awkward and became like usual again. He is asking you not because he agree at EunKyung's plan. No, he will never agree. You turn to him as well and went home with him. He walk until in front of your house. That's quiet help since you two aren't awkward anymore. Even sometimes you forgot about that incident and you both happy with  it. *maybe that disappointment can be replace by his presence* 
 
But today, when you walk with him is different. You had a super good time along the way. Both of you doing dares and distrub people that passing by. Both of you is like a public disturbance, but that's still so much fun. He did so many silly things and you laugh so hard until you almost can't stop. In MinHo's side, of course he glad to see your laughter. 
 
"Thanks for today!! I had so much fun" you said cheerfully as you walk to you door. He waves you back with a smile and make sure that you go in safely. Taemin arrived already befre you, he raises his brow when saw you came in. "Seriously, how many boys you date?" He said while folding his hand. 
"Yaa, he is my friend" you explain to him but he is not satisfied. "I thought you like Donghae hyung" he said and waiting for your reaction. You can't deny that fact but yet you can't just say that you like him to Taemin. "Whatever" you end up with that and walk into your room then burried your face into the pillow.
 
Taemin's words somehow echoing in your ear. You don't know whether it's true or not that you play in two boats. Which mean that you like that Donghae, you have to admit, but you are so close to MinHo. The problem is, MinHo likes you but you only like him as a best friend. You thought that you might bring a fight between those brothers but also didn't know what to do. 
 
-
Just before you gotta sleep, a text from an unknown number appear on your screen. 
 
How about walking together tomorrow?
 
-DongDong- 
 
*how can he got my number?* then you save his number quickly. 
 
Oh hey stalker, that's a great idea 
 
You reply that soon. You have no purpose to make him guilty because he got your number. Instead you're very happy because he got your number without you ask that out, whatever the way he got it. Then he reply, 
 
Sorry for not telling you before. I got it from MinHo's phone. Seems like you text with him all night, hm?
 
Well, that's quiet right since Minho alsways text you and you reply as well. But not texting for this night, since he just walk you home. 
 
Yeah well I can't deny since you've saw it. 
 
Are you texting with him right now? 
 
No, I just got home with him. There's no way he text me as soon as we are apart. 
 
Oh well I see.
 
Then no text from him again for several minutes. You keep checking your phone in case he text you again. And he did after ten minutes passed. 
 
So how about tomorrow? 
 
He ask again. For awhile you forgot about that IMPORTANT question. 
 
Yeah, well that's great. 
 
You said and get no reply again from him.  Whether he didn't like that you agree his idea or he didn't know what to say. You felt like left and embarrassed when you got him no reply again. So you just get to your sleep, waiting for the next day and waiting for Donghae to be there, in front of your house picking you up. 
 
 
__________________________________
 
Sorry readers, I can't promise you to update a chapter everyday. I got busier as the school is starting. But I will update as soon as I finish make one. Enjoy! 
 
COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE