Chapter 43

Hot and Cold

"HyunJae!!" JiWoo runs to you and hug you in the morning by the time you entered the class. "How is Donghae?" she asks you. "I didn't know his condition now. I didn't get to visit him that day" you said. "Well, that's just so sad" she frowns.

Jonghyun enter the class as well, definitely after parked his car. "Hey!" he waves at you and you wave back. You turn you attention back to JIWoo, "I was planning to go to the hospital today with MInHo. You coming?" you ask her.

"Yeah, maybe. I will come if Jonghyun doesn't have any schedule later" she said and turn her head behind her back to Jonghyun. Jonghyun had noticed your conversation and said, "Hmm, yeah, we will come if it's possible"

"Or you just could go with us, me and MinHo" you whispers to JiWoo secretly so that Jonghyun couldn't hear any. JIWoo giggles.

The whole class just start to burst in when the bell rang. It was kinda odd for you somehow, that everyday you used to spend most of your time with Donghae. But now, it's all just like the old days. And it's gonna winter soon, which is mean December. It feels like time passed by like a wind, we will never know when the wind will come. Just like when Donghae will be in the hospital for weeks like now.

The one who is worried is not just you. It's MinHo, JiWoo, Jonghyun and even the whole class. The whole class knew about what happened to Donghae and it's just made you feel worse to hear those chats about Donghae. Some of the students (esp. girls) are glaring at you. *This is all my fault* you facepalm yourself.

"Hey" MInHo greets you and sit beside you. "Why so sad, Jae?" he asked. "I know it was all my fault! If it's not because of me, it wouldn't be like this!" you said, mumbling under your palm. "Listen, I've told you that it was nobody's fault. Beside we weill visit him later, you should be happy" he said while taking out books from his bag.

"Yeah, and I'm still sad about one thing" you said. "What?"

"Today is a school day!" then you buried your face into your arm.

-

"I save a chicken soup for you, make sure you eat it at dinner." I reminded Taemin. "Yes" "And if daddy give a call, say I'm already went to the hospital and I will call him back later" "Yes, yes. I know. You've said it for two times" Taemin said and frowned.

You smile at him and wave him a goodbye. MinHo is already wiating with his motorcycle in front of your house. "So, is JiWoo coming?" MInHo asked as you get on to the motorcycle. "Yes, maybe they'll catch up" you said.

As you arrived in the hospital, you got the pass for the visit. You couldnt express how happy you are, finally get to visit Donghae. You saw the door has Donghae's name on it. You have bought a boquet of beautiful flowers for him and a box of chocolate. Seems like it was a valentine.

MInHo opened the door for you and peek in before both of you step in. "Hi" Donghae greets you weakly. He is laying on the bed, like dying, and his pale face is still remained. You said "hi" back and to Mr. and Mrs. Lee which currently is waiting for Donghae on the couch. They smile a you and stood up.

Mr. and Mrs. Lee then whispers something to MInHo's ear and said, "We will come back soon". "They have something to do" MinHo explained as they left the room.

Actually you have no idea what to say, what to do or anything. It's been weeks that you haven't talk to him and has been days that he is still unconcious. Donghae look at you and you look back at him and it was like an awkward silence.

Luckily, the door suddenly opened by someone outside. JiWoo is peeking inside and Jonghyun behind her. Jonghyun is holding on her stuffs. "Oh, hi" JiWoo said in a low voice and quickly step inside.

"Hi" they greet Donghae and he reply with a smile. And soon, there are chatters in the room.

-

"I hope you get better soon" JiWoo said to Donghae. "Yes, people are missing you at school" Jonghyun said. "Yes, I will" Donghae said and smiled. He looks better than before, maybe because the situation lighted up since JiWoo came with her bubbly character.

"We have to go for now. Bye" Jonghyun said to the people in the room and led the way to the door. And and awkward silence came again. Earlier, you don't get to say anything or actually don't know what to say.

MInHo looks worried at you and Donghae keep looking at you, made you even more awkward. MinHo maybe feel uneasy as well, "umm..maybe I should go out first" he said. You want to deny it and let MInHo stay with you at that time. But your body was frozen.

As the door was closed, you throw away your look from Donghae, avoiding his eye contact. "Hey, how is school?" he started to make a conversation. "Yeah everything was good, at first it was odd there was no you. But we got used to it" you said. Then he keep silent. "Jae, sit here" he said. And finally you get to sit since you came visiting.

You noticed that he is starring at you. "What's wrong?" he asked. "Nothing, I'm fine and I'm happy that you are concious for now" you said and brace yourself to look at him but quickly gave away.

"No, something's wrong with you? Did I done something wrong? Jae, I'm sorry if I'm not there for you for weeks-"

"No, it's not your fault' you quickly cut. "I don't know how to feel right now. I'm happy that you are concious for now yet sad. And I'm worried. And it's all my fault, we should have not ran like that. I saw your face was getting pale and I'm not even take it as a matter. I'm worried that.....something bad will happen to you" you said and tears started to coming down.

Donghae starred at you again and open his arm, let you to lay in his arms, and you make yourself closer to him. "It's all not your fault. Neither of us" he said, he knew the truth while you don't. 

"I promise, everything will be okay" he said while patted your head. His scent overwhelmed you. Actually you fin dit stupid that you're crying out of blue. "I love you" suddenly that word coming out from your mouth when you get more relax.

Donghae quiet for a while, stop patting your head then said, "I love you too" then he continues.

 


-

 

Donghae's nurse said that he have to get a lot of rest, and so you and MinHo get back home. MinHo doesn't ask you anything during the ride. He knew that you cried and it's not the right time to ask anything.

"Thank you" you said to MinHo and wave a goodbye as you arrived in front of your house. "Bye, see you tomorrow" he said before dashing off. You get in to the house and find that the lamps are still on. Taemin is still awake.

"Taemin?" you called. "I'm here" his voice said from the kitchen. "Dad called, make sure you call him back soon. He sounded furious" Tamein said. "uh-uh?" then you went to see him in the kitchen, making a cup of hot chocolate.

You raises a brow at him and he grin, "I'm hungry" he said. "Want to have some?" he offer. "Well, maybe yes" you said, sit on the chair and lay your head on the table.

 

New Chapter!

I hope you enjoy and I'll be glad if you give comments. Thankyou!
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE