Chapter 1

Hot and Cold

It was your first day of school, Summer High School (idk if it did exist). You look around the class and can't find someone interesting to chat with. Some are nerds and some are just annoying students as usual. You only could remember the guy with the blonde hair like a superactive guy and a shy girl beside him. It must be awkward.

So you begin to playing with your pen while the teacher is explaining about the procedures in the school. Extremely you feel bored, because procedures mostly is just the same in all school. But the nerdies in you class is full paying attention. You saw the clock behind you and waiting for the break time. It still half an hour more. Even the ticking could be heard, waiting for a countdown.

Someone in your class is staring at you from the beginning of the class. Actually not really staring but sometimes take a peek. You didn't dare to look at his face or else, so you manage to cover yourself with your smooth hair.

When there's 15 minutes left before break, you heard noises from outside. Girls' cheers. From your seat position, you can see girls bit their lips and cheering lost control by the window of your class. Few girls only, about 4 girls you can see. You wonder what's happening. Then in sudden, a guy walk pass by the window. You can't see him clearly. Even if it's clear, you will not know him. It's your new school though. You don't care. Maybe it's just the popular one.

-

 

*KRRINNNNGGGG* the bell rang to show it's break time already. You walk out of your class to find place to eat. You choose to sit on the corner near the stair, where it's far from the crowd and looks like an antisocial place.Well actually you're not, but since you didn't know anyone here yet. You took out your bread you've bought in the morning. You feel someone is behind you then you look behind. The guy sit behind you and guess that he is the one who was took a peek at you. He's so tall and have a warm-look face. Weirdly, he is alone even though his facial appearance seems like he is popular.

It's just so stupid, you end up starring at him too long and he noticed. "Hi" he waves his hand awkwardly, didn't know what response he should give to you. You smiled him and waved too.

Seeing him so quiet and awkward, you began the conversation, with a little trembled voice, "Are you new here?"

"Nope, I attended the junior highschool here too. Are you new?" he asked back, fortunately. "Oh...yeah, well said. I'm from Blossom High School" you said and the silence came. Luckily he asked something that you should have asked that earlier,

"What's your name?" he said and looking at you directly into the eyes.

"HyunJae...and you?" you said. "I'm MinHo" he gives you a little smile but still over handsome. *Am I going to fall for this guy?*

"So...you haven't make any friends yet before me I guess, since you're new" he gives a bare statement. All you could do is just agree, "Oh yes. How 'bout you? You....didn't have any friends?" you asked, but sounds too harsh. Didn't mean to offense or any else.

"I do. But...I just like it here. Quieter, my favorite place" he said and looking back at you like, 'This is actually my place, and you don't have any friends' Quickly you say, "Oh sorry, is it okay that I'm here?" you began to stand up.

"Oh it's okay, I'm glad" he said politely and giving you a signal to sit again. Then you sit again as well.

Then noises of the girl, AGAIN, break up the silence. Just the same like the one you heard earlier. They're running towards a guy that you thought it's the one you saw in the classroom, popular guy?. He put his both hands into the pocket and walk like nothing happened. His face kinda cute. Your eyes meet his, but then look away. You don't have any idea who is he. But he is surely so damn handsome.

"He's my brother" Minho said, like knew what you're thinking of.

"Why is the girls chasing up behind him?" You ask curiously

"Girls adore him. His name is Donghae. Many girls fell for him" Minho explained and didn't care about his own brother.

"What is he like?"

"He's a cold person, they said"

"Like what?" you ask again, because cold isn't explaining anything.

"Why you keep asking questions of him? Or you're fell for him too? First sight love?" Minho start his first joke.

You give a little punch to his arm, reflectly and unpurposely,  "I will not. I don't like guys which like to acting cool, especially to the girls!"

He's speechless, didn't know whether because of your sudden affection or your statement that may be sounds weird for him.

"Am I saying something wrong? Sorry then"  You apoloqize, but he just smile, brushing your memory. "No, nothing's wrong"

-

The bell rang as it's told us to go back for the class. You come in with Minho. Then, Minho change his seat beside you, which is empty, it's like the two of you is a best friend suddenly. Few girls give a glare on you because of jealousy. It's kinda normal, he is handsome as well.

"Is it okay you seat here?" You asked.

"Sure, why not" he looks like so calm. Maybe he accompany you because you have no friends, you pity yourself.

"Seems like many girls interested in you" You move your head to the direction of the girls which is glaring as a signal.

He laugh, but I don't find something funny there. He didn't care about the girls and just barely sit beside you. Along the session, you get him more well. He likes sports, he is actually charming in his way, he is a great friend to chitchat with, he is caring actually and friendlier than his brother you guess. You also learnt that the blonde guy that at some times are superactive named JongHyun and he keeps teasing the shy girl next to him. That's something you often see in the class

 

Finally! It's the time for dismiss. You and Minho walk together to the gate within the crowd. He offer you to drive you home. But you refuse because your parent will pick you up instead. He take his motorcycle from the parking lot. He said goodbye to you and you wave back.

You saw a black car beside Minho's motorcycle, which is Donghae's. You can see that the siblings aren't that close, or maybe it's just your feeling.