Chapter 44

Hot and Cold
"So, what william shakespear's you would like to discuss?" MinHo asked. 
"Hmm, I'll text you later. I have to read thourough it" you said. 
 
You got an english task to present one of the william shakespear's play. Since it was a pair work, you were paired with Minho. Sadly, Jonghyun and JiWoo aren't paired up. "Are you guys a fate?" Jonghyun keep saying that way. 
 
Now the school has dismissed, and everyone burst out from the gate. And today, you're going to visit Donghae again. These past two days, Donghae's condition had been better. You visit him like daily for three days. 
 
"So, I'll pick you up like usual" MinHo said. You can't wait to meet Donghae again. Now these past days, it's no longer awkward. It's even fun. You saw him laughing and gave his best smiles. Those things made you really happy. 
 
"Yep, I'll wait" you said as you pack up some books in to your locker. "Don't forget the assignment! You can't meet hyung if you haven't ready any of it" he sais seriously. 
You pout at his sentence then he laughs instead. "Joking, just be ready" he said and leaving. 
 
Today, he has some works to do before pick you up to the hospital.
 
"Going to see Donghae hyung again?" Taemin asked as you open the door. He is chewing a gum while watching tv. Unfortunately, his favorite movie, spongebob, isn't on air. "Yes, of course. Feel lonely because mr. Spongebob isn't with you?" You said while smirking. 
 
He turn back to glare at you. "I'm not a lonely person" he said firmly. "Yes, whatever. If you want to come also, just say" you said and enter your room. He remain silence, maybe considering your suggestion. 
 
You take some new clothes from your drawer and go to the bathroom for a bath. "Umm..." Taemin said and turn to look at you when you're heading for your bath. You waited for him. "Can I go with you?" He asked. 
 
You gave a smirk and said, "told you" 
 
-
 
"Well, well, an addition visitor I guess" MinHo said to you when you sit on the front seat. He brought a car today since you told him that Taemin will come as well. 
 
Taemin sit behind and looking good. "Hyung" he greets MinHo. Minho said, "Oh, hi! " 
 
As soon as you got there, you head to the nurses desk for an absent. "I'm sorry, you can't visit him for now. The doctor just went to check him up" she said. 
 
And soon, Mr & Mrs. Lee come out from the corridor. Mrs. Lee looking depressed with Mr.Lee beside her. MinHo was shocked there's his parent. 
Mr. Lee then noticed your presence and come over. 
 
"HyunJae, MinHo, Donghae got coma. Doctor said it might be a good thing or might be a good thing". Your jaw dropped and don't know what to say. 
Minho who was shocked as well, have himself controlled. 
 
MinHo turn to look at you, and ask you to sit down. You are looking to the floor, didn't bare to face Mr.Lee, and it just make you cry. 
 
Suddenly, Mrs. Lee appear behind Mr. Lee, storming towards you. "It's because of you, isn't it? I remember now. He ever said he was going with you and it was before he got himself in the hospital! Why don't you tell me?" she yelled, almost angry. She look directly in to your eye, and so do you.
 
Now, your guilt is exposed. You should have told her earlier. MinHo, which also in the mall that day, was also looking at you. As if he just found out a reason. Mr. Lee take a grip to Mrs. Lee to prevent her from another yell. "It's not your fault, Jae. Donghae is already sick before" he said and bringing Mrs. Lee backward.
 
Your body eventually felt weak. Tears are ready to burst. You know it's your fault but you never tell a body. MinHo hold onto your arm and leading you to a seat.
 
Taemin also take a sit beside you. He didn't know what to say or what to do either. He just look blankly on the situation. "It's okay. He will be okay. It's not your fault" MinHo said.
 
And after wait for a several hours, you decided to go home. Taemin also has to go home even though he didn't even visit Donghae once.
 
"Thank you HyunJae for your help, we will tell you anything if there's any progress" Mr. Lee said. You bow to them and heading to MinHo's car.
 
-

You really want to visit Donghae again, but in fact you couldn't. The guilt always surrounds you day by day. And maybe, if you give a visit, you ended up being expelled by Mrs. Lee.  You starring at your phone on the table. No messages, no calls.

Then Taemin said by the door of his room, "I'm going to the market" he said and leave to the front door. It's Saturday 'till now, days past so fast. But you feel like months you are not seeing Donghae. Even you are afraid that someday you forget how he looks. What is worse, you never get to take a photo of him.

"Hmm" you humming uselessly to Taemin who left already. Your phone is still on the table. Then you pick it and text a message to MinHo.

 
How is his condition?
 
Just like yesterday. He hasn't wake up 'till now.
 
okay
 
 
You want to visit him? I can pick you up.
 
Hmm, maybe nope.
 
Well, I can talk to her.
 
No, it's okay. I will visit a few days later, which means he is at a better condition.
 
HyunJae,really, I can talk to mom. It's not your fault totally though.
 
*"not totally....."*
 
If I go, things will just worst. Your mom didn't want to see me. It's okay, I will visit him soon.
 
Okay, just tell me if you want.
 
It's alreayd December, nearly Christmas. And you gotta get some presents to give it to your friends. You manage to wait for Taemin go home then you two will go together to the mall.
 
30 minutes later, Taemincome in with some plastic bags. "What did you bought?" you asked and peeking over to his grip.
 
"Gums as usual, CDs, candies, ramen..." Taemin continues. You stop peeking over, maybe disappointed because there's nothing you can eat?
"Here, you favorite snack" Taemin said, like know what you had in mind. He throws to the snack and caught it in your grip. 
 
"Thankyou" you smile at him. "Oh!" you turn to him again. "We have to go to the mall" you said. And soon, his shoulder weaken. "I just got home. Geez" he said and heading to the kitchen.
 
"I'm going to buy some Christmas presents. Don't you want to give MiSun one?" you said and he stops his step. Maybe he reconsider his decision. In the end, both of you go to the mall.
 
-
 
You entered a big fashion store, which crammed by people even though it's not Christmas yet. You walk in to one aisle and another one, followed by Taemin. Firstly, you wanted to buy your father a present then Taemin's.
"Is this match him?" you pick a shirt and show it to Taemin. "Dad? Not really, he need something more old-fashioned" he said, bluntly. You knoch his head and he shriek, "Aisshhh"
 
"Go there, that way is for the girls'. You better search for MiSun's. And mine" you said. And he just leave to the direction you gave to him.
 
In the end, you ended up bought the shirt you took before for your dad. And a red knitted sweater for Taemin, because he rarely had red color in his closet. You also got MinHo a backpack, which is quite expensive. You bought grey t-shirt for Jonghyun and a simple dress for JiWoo. "Now, Donghae's" you said to yourself.
 
To be honest, it's a lot more difficult to choose him the present. All you do is walking in and out from the aisles. "Excuse me, can I help you?" finally the saleswoman who had been watching you said. "Emm.. I'm looking for a present. For a guy-"
 
"A guy. Boyfriend or best friend?" she cut you. "Emm...Bestfriend" you said nervously. The woman look at you in a teasing way and lead you to theaisles of more clothes, which specify your options for Donghae's present.
 
After thirty minutes, you finally get the most suitable present. You are wondering if Taemin also strugglin to find MiSun's too. "Can you get me this wrapped?" you said to the woman and lend her the black coat that gives an elegant look. After she wrapped it, you gave her the money and looking for Taemin.
 
"Got it?" you asked to him as he coming to you with shopping bags. "Uh-huh, and there's yours too" he said. "Really? What did you got me?" you said curiously. You always find it kinda odd to receive a present form your little borther.
Taemin was going to show you what he bought but then he closed the shopping bag again, as if teasing you. "It's a surprise" he said.
 
 
 
 
New Chapter. Enjoy. And sorry for the boring one. Coming up with next, and currently I'm writing to my new upcoming story. Just wait.
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE