Chapter 42

Hot and Cold

The crowds were seen in front of a restroom. "Excuse me, excuse me" a man in blue carrying a guy from an alley said. Many people gathered there. "Hey, what's wrong right there?" A girl said to her friend and heading to the crowds, passing you who's backing the crowds.

Hearing those crowds, make your heart thumping even more. *Can it be.....* You take a breath and brace yourself to look what's happening behind your back. And there it was, a crowd that you've predicted by their noises.

"You should call him to the ambulance or else his family" someone said to the man. "I don't know who's the family, i just found him laying in there uncoonciously" the man replied. "Is he still alive?" another one asked. "Yeah, maybe. But he is hardly breathing. Can someone call the ambulance, I don't bring my phone with me" the man said. But no one reach their phone and keep staring at the scene.

You break through the crowds, pushing them aside. "Excuse me,....sorry, sorry" you said as you step more than one foot. There, you saw Donghae in that man's grip unconciously, or even like dead. HIs pale face was just...too abnormal.

Jaw was opened and you let yourself to let out tears. At frist it's just a tear, but then it bursted. "Donghae...." you approach him and the man lower his grip to the ground. "Kid, did you know this guy?" the man asked you. A single word couldn't come out because you feel your throat dried and you just nodded.

"You should call his family or you are?" the man asked again. And again you didn't let a word out from your mouth. Even you feel that nobody's talking to you. Your eyes laying on Donghae's face and his closed-eyes.

Then someone breakthrough the crowd again. "I'm his brother, sir. I'll take care from here. Thankyou" MinHo bow to the man. And eventually, MInHo call an ambulance.

-

MInHo is sitting beside you, try to comfort you. No, you're not crying anymore but you're deep in bad thoughts and you couldn't hide your swollen eyes. Since in the mall and to the hosptial, right now, you haven't talk to MInHo anything.

You've been waiting for half an hour and couldn't bare yourself seeing Donghae didn't get concious yet eventhough machines are helping him. *How if he dead?* that thoughts have been wondering. It causes a burst of tears, not from your eyes, but from your heart.

"Why no one tell me about his disease? You know it, don't you?!" you almost shout to MInHo. "HyunJae, calm down" MInHo said as he tried to comfort you. "What kind of calm I could get?! Tell me, what's he suffering?" you asked again, fiercely and tears from your eyes are rolling down.

"I'm sorry not to tell you this. He was suffering-"

"Oh, MInHo!" a woman called while rushing to both of you. And of course it was Mrs. Lee. Mr.Lee was following behind her still in his work uniform. You were very sure that Mrs.Lee cried. She can't avoid the sad and red color in her eyes.

"How is he?" Mrs. Lee asked. "The doctor have brought him up for the checking. Mom, he will be fine" MinHo said as he tried to calm her. Then, Mrs.Lee sit next to you. You exchanged smile to her and it's just so awkward because none of you are happy enough to comfort the other one.

Mr.Lee gestured MInHo to talk to him. "Is he really okay?" Mr. Lee asked worriedly. "The doctor hasn't shows up. And last time I saw him, he is still unconcious under the doctor's control" MinHo said. Mr. Lee rubs his forehead.

"I should have pay more attention to him" he said to himself. "Did he done anything? Or maybe take the crazy ride again in the park?" Mr.Lee asked. "Nope, I never saw him there anymore, dad" MInHo said, honestly but unhonest to you.

You overheard some conversation and therefore you felt guilty to let him ride with you in a long day. And you regret yourself that you didn't get to know what disesase he is suffering from and up until now.

"HyunJae, I'm always afraid this kind of things to happen" suddenly Mrs. Lee talked to you. You turn your head on her and keep listening. "The doctor ever said that he can't get too tired especially due to his hobbies. And since that day, we really warn him to do so" Mrs. Lee continues while her eyes are on the floor.

"He must be so important to you and so must he. I've been watching him lately, he is just happy and more cheerful. Not like the other days after Yoona died, he really is like a not him. All that could make him happy is just go to the mall's rooftop and as his mom, I still don't know what's on there"

"It just all feel so fast. It's been like yesterday he fall down after several laps of running then me and my husband approach him, worrying him. And he complains sadly at how his chest hurts and how he barely breath. He is hanging on to us and there we found out why"

You keep quiet still and felt more guilty than ever, but even you don't know the disease. FInally you dare to ask, "Sorry, mrs. But if I may know, what kind of disease he had?" shakily. She seems shocked that you didn't know it. "Oh" she pauses. "He has a heart disease. It didn't work really well" Mrs. Lee said and deep in her thoughts again. "Sorry to brought you up to this. I'm sure he will be okay" you said as sure as possible. *......he will be ......okay*

Tears are urging to come out but you can't make Mrs. Lee even more sad. Yes, you were shocked by the fact he has a heart disease. All the things you've been through and you never notice. It's just so foolish.

-

"We've dealed to work together, but it doesn't mean that you can make him die!" Krystal shouts in front of Siwon's face.

"That's just bull. Last time he was just unconcious. If he die, then let him die!" Siwon answered her back. Krystal slap Siwon on the face. "I can't rely on you anymore! This isjust ridiculous" Krystal said and leaving Siwon.

Siwon thought for a while and he is so confused to whether differentiate the right things to do or wrong.

-

"Mr, I think he is just fine because his heart were helped by the machine. But if it worsen, then it's the best to take a heart implantaion" the doctor said to Mr. Lee. Mrs. Lee is relieved yet worry to hear the doctor's says.

"He is concious for now, but only his family is allowed to visit him. He can't get too much visitors beside" the nurse said. And so, you have to wait outside.

"HyunJae, I hope you didn't mind that you can't-" "Yeah, it's okay auntie, I will visit him by the time he getting better" you said and force a smile out from your lip. Eventhough inside, you are really willing to see Donghae concious and you really want to hold his hand and telling him everything is gonna be okay. But in fact, you couldn't.

"I'll just go to home. My brother must be waiting" you said to Mr and Mrs. Lee. "MinHo will drive you home then. It's a late at night. Thankyouofr your help HyunJae, it won't be the same without you" Mr. Lee said.

*Yeah, maybe if it's not me. His condition will not worsen. This is all was just my fault*

"C'mon, next time I'll drive you here whenever you want" mInHo said as the two of you heading outside for his motorcycle. You smile to him, feel thankful that at least there's someone who tried to comfort you in every way.

 

 


Short chapter, everyone. I know, I'm sorry for the short chapter and for.....Donghae. Hehe. And please mind my miss spell or even grammars. And you have to know, that I don't know anything about that 'doctor' thing. So please mind if you, or your parent or borthers or sisters are a doctor.

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE. NEW CHAPTER IS COMING!