Chapter 45

Hot and Cold

Done shopping for my present?

I'm afraid that I forgot yours

No way, you must have remember me

Why so sure?

I have a faith

Is that so? A present for you if I got one too

Of course, I bought you something

Well, I hope I will not regret to get the present from you

No, you will not. Believe me hahaha

 

You've been texting with MinHo these past days. He cheered you up a bit and make you forget about what happened for real. MinHo had been there for you when you have nobody, how fortunate were you. At least, he promised to take you to the hospital for another visit on Friday. He has a faith that his mother will not accompany Donghae due to her appointment. 

 That night was the night that you feel your bedroom is your sanctuary. To lay your whole body on the bed, no assignment for school and munching snacks. Though deep inside, you always have that worry of losing Donghae.

That Friday that you've been waited has come, it was so fast that you spent your days with your routines. "You are such a fatty" MInHo said sardonically as you get in to the car. "What?!" You sounded offended. "I know I eat much more these days, but I've checked my weight and I didn't gained any" you said and avoid the eye contact with MinHo.

MInHo starred at you for a moment as if you are a silly thing to see. "I'm joking! Don't be so serious, Jae" he said and chuckled. "Yeah, you are funny!" you said sarcastically. "Here, I bought you some pastries. They're still warm, just from the oven. You might like it and it might cool down your current anger" he said, sounded like he didn't take you mad for real and take a bag of pastries on the passenger seat.

He offered you the bag, you hesitate at first but then decide to take it before it gone. "It doesn't mean I forgive you" you stipulates. MinHo didn't respond to your words and said, "You really ate a lot these days" he said and gave you a teasing smile, expecting you to smack him on his face.

-

"That's not the point! If it turned out bad, then it must be your fault" you said to MinHo as both of you come in to the entrance. You were talking about your last pair work. "At least, I tried my best" MinHo defend himself. "Yeah" you said and watching at the desk for the visitors' report. You felt uneasy now, since you haven't talk to Donghae anymore. And you were really really afraid that it would turned out to be awkward. *Let's just assume anything will be alright*

MinHo lead you to Donghae's new room and peeking in first then start entering.

The atmosphere was odd. Donghae is lying there on the bed while the tv is on. You saw him like a dying person even though MinHo had told you that his condition was better. 
 
"Hyung" MinHo greet Donghae. Donghae who is still in comma, couldn't say anything. You as well, couldn't say anything and just starring at him on a distant. You wonder if Donghae knew that you were there. 
 
MinHo unwrap the flower boquet that both of you bought before you headed to the hospital. He is also tidying the plastic bags on the table, probably from another visitors. 
 
You make your steps and sit on the chair beside the bed and put your hand on his arm, squeeze it as if it might brush all your worries. Besides, it might hurt Donghae's arm too. 
 
"He could see, right?" You asked while starring at Donghae's eyes and directed the question to MinHo. "Uh-huh" MinHo agreed. 
 
Then, you think, it will be more awkward to interacr with someone who knew you were there bur that someone was as still as a stone. "I hope you got better" you started. "I bought a boquet of flowers for you and its color was white. I thought it is a beautiful one so that I bought it for you" you said and smile at yourself. Your fingers automatically brush on to Donghae's cheek. 
 
"And by the way, you are still the star in school. Inspite your absents, they're still talking about you as you are a popular one. I believe that you'll recover from the damn disease" you said and doubt yourself after saying those. 
 
"You haven't do much in your life to make people happy, including me, that's why you must still go on with you life. " you said, encouragingly. Maybe you sounded exaggerating, but that was a honest feel from your heart. And after saying those words, it was more like that you doubt he'll revover. 
 
MinHo has been watching you from the back with his concern eyes. "HyunJae, mom said she'll be here anytime soon. You still want to stay?" MinHo asked.
 
You turn to him then back to Donghae. There's nothing you want to say to Donghae either. Even though you still want to stay with him. And besides, his mother will be here soon and you don't want a chaos to happen.
 
For the final glance, you turn to Donghae again who can't reply you anything and starred blankly to the ceiling. Maube he wanted to say something but he couldn't. 
 
"It's better we leave for now" you said to MinHo. At first, you hesitates to kiss him on the cheek because Minho is still watching. But you decided to kiss at the end. "Goodbye, see you" you said and turn to the door. 
 
MinHo close the door behind you, "is that okay that we left him alone there?" You asked. "Yes, the nurse gonna check him up though and mom is on her way" MinHo said. "So? Where to go? You hungry?" MinHo asked. 
 
You grin as a yes.
 
 
"Gosh, that was gross!" You yelled at MinHo who is making fun of his food. You two ended up eating at a noodle restaurant. He chuckled. 
"You got something there" he pointed at the corner of your mouth. You wiped it immediately, but then he chuckled again. 
"You ruined it" he said and stretch his arm  slowly forward. 
 
Suddenly, he dip his finger in to the sauce and stain it on your cheek. You look surprised, "What did you do?" you shrieked and he chuckled. "Me? I made your cheek dirty" he said, satisfied. "Why?" but he only laugh even more. "It's funny seeing you look confuse-" then you also did the same to him and left a big mess on his face, now your turn to laugh and he was confused. 
 
"HyunJae, that was a lot!" he said, shocked. "Right, stop it now. We are even" you said and wipe the stain on your face with a handkerchief. MinHo never been so cheerful, and you think that you just noticed his new side. He is more cheerful and as always comforting you. He jokes a lot more and made you forget abouth all your problems when you are around him.
 
"Yep, let me pay" he said after both of you finished eating and the waiter came up with a bill. "Full already?" MinHo asked as the waiter gone. "Yep, thanks for the treat" you said. "You'll get used to my treats" MinHo said in a low volume but you barely could hear it. It's either meant for you or for himself, so you just pretend it's not necessary.
 
MinHo drove you until the gate of your block. The road was blocked that no extraneous cars allowed in. "Uh? Road construction?" you said, even you don't know that you block is having a construction. "Let's just walk from here" MInHo said and open the door.
 
You catch up to his steps and walk beside him. Silence overwhelmed two of you, and only the constructions noises could be heard. "It's not your fault" suddenly MInHo said. "Sorry?" you said. "It's actually not your fault though" he said again. "About what?" you asked. "Hyung" he answered without looking at you.
 
It's actually kind out of blue, you even haven't thinking about it for awhile. "It's mine though. Your mother must be so disappointed of me, if just we wouldn't have run from the rooftop and made him exhausted-"
"It's nothing to do with mom. She doesn't know the truth" he cut you.
"What truth?" you asked and he keep silent for a while.
 
He inhaled and begin to explain, "Actually this is just my speculation"
"I think it was Siwon's fomenting" he said and look at you, as if make sure you were still there. Instead, you didn't get any point of what he is talking about. "What is with him?" you asked, and stop your step. As well as MInHo.
 
And another pause. "You know, that day. I saw his car were following hyung's and I began to follow as well. I got the feeling that he is up to something and searched for him in the mall. And there, I ended up meeting Krystal instead" he said. "And you actually worked together with her" you complete his sentence to show your disappoint even though you forgave him already.
 
"No! I'm not on her side. Never. She urged me, but I denied" "It's Krystal and Siwon who had been working together. Krystal loves Donghae, and Siwon...I don't what is up to him but he managed to make you separated from Donghae,...I guess. Maybe he is jealous" MInHo said.
 
"So...Siwon done something to Donghae on that day....." you said, with a shaky voice. "Maybe. But, there's a possibility he is not the person....No one knows what he done on that time" he said. "This is ridiculous. All of this" you said, and teary eyes started to show up.
 
 
 

 

WAAKKKSSS, I KNOW I KNOW. It had been a long time......Here's 45 for all of you. Please forgive me. I don't know when is the next update is, but I'll make it as soon as possible as I could. Tomorrow is the first day of final test actually, and I updated this secretly from my parent. Yep, that was naughty. And besides, I have to study harder start from now on since I'm aiming to get a scholarship hehe, wish me luck guys. However that means I have a little time for making a chap :(  Please mind to wait. I love you :*

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!