Chapter 32

Hot and Cold

It's a usual morning like always. Today Taemin walks with MiSun to school. "Unnie" MiSun greets you for the first time when she saw you. She seems a bit awkward, but you calm her by giving her a friendly smile. 

 
You aaw Donghae walking up the stairs by the time you want to come into you classroom. Somehow you miss talk to him, you found something missing. But he didn't turn to you anymore. "HyunJae!" Minho calling out from another room. 
 
"Here. Today our class is here" he said. It's another room, and you never go in there. The class is filled with decorations and old photos. Those are the photos from the long ago classes. You saw one by one of the students and have their own name description on below. Your sight stop in one photo, where a boy around your age is laughing with a younger girl beside her in that classroom. The girl is very beautiful and the boy looks handsome yet familiar. It's a candid photo and somehow beautiful. 
 
Your eyes widen when you saw the description, it says, 'Donghae with little sister'. "Little sister?" You whisper to yourself, based on you knowledge you don't know Donghae had a little sister. Minho then shows up behind you "This is Donghae's previous classroom about 3 years ago. And that girl...well" he pauses. 
 
"It's Yoona. Yeah, he treated her like his little sister, though we know actually he loves her. That photo was taken when bud-reads, the first time they met" Minho explained. "Bud-reads?" You ask again to him. 
 
"Oh yes, it's the event where we read a book to our juniors. We'll get it too sooner or later" Minho said. "Oh". Minho told you so much things these days, especially about Donghae. Many things you never find out before from Donghae. Somehow, you feel kinda jealous seeing that photo. People can tell that he is a friendly boy from that photo, no kind of coldness. *that Yoona must had brought a miracle to Donghae*
 
Seeing you staring at the photo, Minho grabs your arm to seat. Because the class is starting, but you didn't realize that the bell had rang. 
And a week you spend your sessions in that class with that photo and still never communicate anymore with Donghae. 
 
 
"Jae, see you tomorrow" Minho said on Friday dismissal. He asked you out on this Saturday. This entire week or even more, you spent most of your time with Minho and so JiWoo with Jonghyun. Donghae also going home, he went to where he park his car and he is still avoiding you, even not look at you no matter how close both of you in distance. *did I did something wrong?*. Somehow you feel sad.
You decide to take a taxi to go home since you brought home so many things in your grab. 
You look at the roads by the window, and it starts to rain. You feel a sudden emptiness, without any reason. "Thankyou, sir" you said to the driver and lend him the money. Because of the little rain, you fast walking to your door which is already opened, maybe Taemin has arrived. 
 
Without any doubt, you sleep earlier and ready for your date with Minho. Not a single time you remember of Donghae when you are on bed.
 
 
 
"Hey, here!" Minho's cpice calling from your left side. You arrived in a huge mall which has a garden in it. The noises of people shopping and the fountain on the middle of the lobby filled your ear but Minho's voice could be heard clearly. "Hi" Minho says a bit awkward and looking at your appearance. You wear a simple dress but for him you are beautiful. 
 
Wondering in the mall like that, it reminds you when you are unpurposely date with Donghae. "Jae, HyunJae" you just realized that Minho has called you for several times. "Daydreaming again" he said. 
 
"Again? How much I ever daydream?" You ask. 
 
"Umm... For many times actually" he said and frown a little. "Did I? Sorry sorry" you apologize to him since you feel bad for him, you never pay fully attention to him these days though you spent your days with him. 
*what happen to me really* 
 
After eating some meals and walking around the mall, finally you sit with Minho on a bench in front of the water fountain. "Hey, you are a great friend" suddenly Minho said. It's really an awkward situation since none of both of you start talking until Minho starts first. "Yeah, you too, you are fun!" You replies. 
 
"But is it okay if I don't feel like you are my friend?" He said which make your heart racing no reason. "Hmm?" 
 
"I mean I feel something more than just a friend" 
 
"Yeah, we are besties, remember??" You chuckles. 
 
"No, even more than that" Minho said and turn his eyes to you. You feel your cheeks are blushing so you look away to the ground. You don't look back to his eyes. But Minho then lift your chin up so you face him like so near.
"I love you, Jae. From the first time I saw you" he said deeply with the most handsome gaze ever. Every girl might have melt right away but not you. You only think him as your bestfriend. 
"I thought we are just best friend" you said as don't know what to say. 
"Yeah....and will you give a chance for us to be more than that?" Minho said. You wish Minho didn't hear how hard your heart thumping. 
 
He pull your chin closer and closer, so close to his lip. You know what's he gonna do, so you quickly said, "sorry, but I can't. I just can't" you said and bring your bag with you. "Oh, okay I see" he said before you leave him there. He looks fine but actually he is really hurt. 
 
You don't know why are you running away from him. You shouldn't left him there but it was too late. You fast walking and turn right at the corner. Someone is standing at that corner and you really surprised to see who it is. It is Donghae. He also looks as surprise as you but he didn't greet or anything. He quickly walking pass beside you and there's enough time for you to grab his wrist.
 
"Wait. What're you doing here?" You give him a confuse glare yet mad, but no reason why are you mad. In the other side of your feeling, you feel relief to have a chance can meet him. Even this kind of chance. "Me? I'm hanging out here. Is that a problem for you?" He gives you a cold glare, reallt cold. But you think, he is right, it shouldn't be your business. But someehow you replies him with a mad glare, you now know why are you mad. Somehow you mad because he always avoids you. 
And there, a glaring contest. Mad glare and cold glare. Each of your glare tries to melt the opponent. Just before he gonna leave, you pull his wrist again, 
"Then why are you avoiding me?" 
 
 
 
MinHo's POV
 
HyunJae is messing up my mind. The first time I met her, she is different. Different from the other girls even 'till now. She might have Yoona's eyes and cheerfullness, but that's not the only factor that made her attractive to me.
 
My heart like thumping by the time her eyes met mine for the first time, though I didn't know her name at that time.
 
I tried my best to become her friend and I did it. She looks comfortable when she is by my side. She is a great best friend, but I love her first before I become friends. One day HyunJae acted different to me, she became so awkward towards me. I don't know what just happened maybe.
 
Not just like that. She is getting closer with my hyung, Donghae. First, I though that two will not get well since they met at Bali. But things change so quick, I'm glad they get along but somehow I got jealous. My hyung will not betray me, of course. I knew he ever loved Yoona too, but not this one again.
 
Even Donghae tried to lie to me, I always knew the truth. I saw them on the park together, and that explained me enough. Not because they went out together, but Donghae's gaze is different. I never saw my hyung have that gaze again. not after Yoona's death.
 
I saw the old Donghae. I don't know that I could be happy or sad. HyunJae is laughing beside him, she enjoy her time with him. Though, she also laugh beside me too. Still, jealousy overcome me nowhere. Things getting harder for me. Siwon showed up out of nowhere and disturb HyunJae. It's just like the old days, where the three of us love the same girl.
 
But this is the second one and different. It's more complicated. HyunJae bring back us to the old days, where Donghae still had his smile. What I'm not sure is, it doesn't mean HyunJae loves me.
 
And she didn't. Well, it proved already.
 
"Hi" a girl tap my shoulder from behind. I'm still on that bench, alone until that girl came. That girl is familiar, I thought I ever saw her at school but I didn't know her name. She always hanging around with Donghae.
 
"Hi, I'm Tiffany"