Chapter 24

Hot and Cold

Instead of happy, you feel embarrassed seeing Donghae there. *What a great coincidence* 

"Omo! Why are you here?" you said, trying to look as normal as possible. He stare at you and you think he notice your blushing cheeks.

"Date myself" he said and turning away. "So, you wanna go?" he asks you.

"I'm here because of my dad, not you" you gives him a glare. Again, he stares at you. "Really?" he try to tease.

Your cheeks feeling like burn and you couldn't help but reflect fastly. "Yah!"

At the same time, your dad back from his shopping and walking towards you. He look at Donghae then at you continously until you said,

"Stop it, dad" you roll your eyes. Donghae heard you called the man 'dad'. He quickly greet your father and gives your father a warm smile. *He never did that to me before* but somehow his smile make butterflies flying around in your stomach.

"I guess, you two need time. I will have my shopping" your dad rush towards the other direction. "Dad!" you want to reach his hand but too late. You still stand in the same spot with Donghae in front of you. "So, let's date" you flinch a bit after Donghae said that. *so it's a real date?*  your cheeks began to blushing, again. Somehow you feel the thrill. And maybe it's possible for you to become his girlfie. You just realized what you have been thinking and slap your cheeks with your palm. *What am I thinking?!* Luckily, Donghae didn't see you slap yourself. He might think you are insane.

"Hey, you know that this isn't real, right?" he suddenly said when the two of you walking together. Eventhough you wear a plain shirt, but it matches Donghae's. The people will think that the two of you are couple.

"What did you mean?" you ask, curious about his question.

"I mean this date. You must have know about the dare games" he said.

"What?" suddenly you choke without any reason.

"So,this is just a dare?!" The more you think about it the more you feel embarrassed and the more you angry. Siwon ever did the same thing to you, moreover you love himm so much that time. *Hey, but I don't love this Donghae. Why should I care?*

"Yeah, I thought you knew about it by the time my friends are laughing at me" he smirk then leads you to the foodcourt. "C'mon, let's have some mealt" he said

Your mind was telling you to leave him at that time. Because all of this is just a dare, not a real date. But somehow your body telling you to follow him instead.

He beg that he will bought you the meal, eventhough you've refused it. But that's what a guy do. He bought you a fried rice with chicken and he bought himself the same but with beef. You like chicken more than beef, such a coincidence. "I hope you like it" he said and start eating with his food. You eat your food while looking around at the food court. There were quiet number of couples dating. They chatting, laughing, and joking with each other. They even do some sweet things. You look at the quiet, focus-on-eating Donghae. *If you were my boyfriend, I bet we are the most unsweet couple in this world*

At the same time, he had finished with his meal and looking back at you. You are a bit surprised that he suddenly caught you staring at him. Quickly, you turn your head to your food and continue eating. By the tails of your eyes, you can see he is still staring at you. You feel uncomfortable yet afraid to look up. After some seconds, you finally said, "What?" without look up.

"Here" he reach a tissue and bring his arm closer to you. He touches your chin and bring it up, then clean the leftover on your cheek. He smirk a little then chuckle. "You look silly. Thanks to me"

You blushing again. *Beside embarrassing me, this guy always makes me blushing*  "Thankyou"

After eating, Donghae leads you to the arcade. *Other couples may go to the movie, but this guy bring me to the arcade* eventhough you are a bit disappointed, you still enjoy the time you spent eventhough sometimes it's awkward. Besides, Donghae getting more freindly to you. You almost think that he's as the same age as you. "Let's compete" he bring you to the dance machine. You are at dancing actually, but you don't want to give up in front of him, so you accept his challenge. *Donghae may not be good at dancing too*

Both of you standing side by side facing the screen.He chooses the song.  By the time it's start, you hardly follow the steps but Donghae scores much in a short time. *I can't lose!*  you try your best to follow the steps and you felt satisfied when you saw your points beat the opponents. even beat the highscore. It's unbelieveable for you too.  After the song ended, you look at your right side where Donghae must be standing. But he's gone. *Umm..where is he?*  you look around and realized that the people were gathered around you to watch.

Your eyes fall into Donghae who sit on the bench nearby, gasping for air. You walk towards him and he whispers, "You're hot" . It makes your cheek blushing, you could still heard his whisper, and you purposely ask, "What?"

"Nothing" he look away. "Anyway, you are not that bad" he smiles at you. Finally his sincere smile. *Not that bad you said? I'm awesome! I even beat the high score*

"Maybe you could win if you stay up on that stage" you encourage him.

"I don't know. I should train more my body these days" he said. His breath getting normal again.

Suddenly, a guy take a grip on your arm and pulls you to the dancing machine. "Let's compete with me" the guy said. You look back at Donghae and he gives you a wink of good luck. You couldn't see the guy's face, because he covered it with his hoodie. His style seems like a pro dancer, so your confident fell. The people were still there, looking forward for your next competition. You take a gulp of nervousness by the time the song began to play.

"You can do it, Jae" you heard Donghae cheers you by the side.

Your points and the guy's were one after another. Both of you try to keep each point higher han the opponent. When it's the of the song, you try your best to follow the steps and your opponent's point stops. Suddenly, you felt a grip on your waist and a whisper,

"You are still hot, HyunJae" the guy said with his deep voice.

You tilt your head to your back a little to see the guy's face. The guy is no longer wearing cover his face with his hoodie, instead he reveals himself as Siwon. No doubt, you have a shock expression on your face. Siwon's face is leaning on your shoulder and only a little distance with your face. He tighten his grip and turn you, makes you face to face with him.

He lean his face closer to you. You want to refuse but cannot, because your current position only makes you fall down, beside his grip is really tight. He is going to kiss you, and a deja vu come into your mind. You close your eyes, because of afraid, instead happy. You still heard the crowd cheering at both of you.  You turn your head away, not wanting him to kiss you. But he still leaning closer, going to kiss on your neck. You want to shout but it's too late, he is too close. *Oh, please*

You heard a thump suddenly. And your body fall onto the dancing machine. You open your eyes and see Siwon's face is not there anymore. Your arm is aching because of your fell. When you have yourself in a sit down position, Siwon is on the ground and Donghae pull him by the collar. "What the heck you think you are doing?!" Donghae yell at him. The crowd gasp at them.

"Who do you think you are?" Siwon yell back. You felt hopeless because Siwon's body is bigger than Donghae's. It's a relief that Donghae can take him down. But you afraid that Siwon will beat Donghae back. After Siwon asked Donghae, Donghae pauses a bit,

"I'm Donghae. And....I'm his boyfriend!" he finally said confidently. You shock at his answer yet blushing.

You sure that Siwon is glaring at him. *Why Siwon must come here?*

Donghae let Siwon's collar go. Siwon slowly stand up and leaving both of you but still glaring at Donghae. Before he really leaving you, he gives a smirk to you and makes you have a creeps feeling.

Donghae walk towards you, "Are you okay?" He pull you up so you could stand up. His hand is holding onto yours.

"Yes, I'm okay. Thankyou" you said. You want to asks him about the 'boyfriend' think just now. But you don't have any courage to. "Better go home" he said, pick up your bag on the ground and bring it with him. Then you two walking out from the arcade with still holding hands. You could feel his warmth on your palm.

You open a new message on your phone with your other hand. It was from your father, 

Don't be late. I'm home already, go back with your friend

*I guess I have to asks Donghae about this* Unexpectedly, he reads your message and said, "I will drive you home"

"Is it okay?"      "Yeah, okay"      "Thankyou"

Then an awkward silence, you stare at your hand that still holding his. It's been long since you two holding hands and Donghae still doesn't realized. He caught you staring and quickly pull his hand away *NOOO* His cheeks were blushing then. You chuckle a bit, makes him more uncomfortable.

He asks, crack the awkwardness, "So who was that guy?"