Chapter 39

Hot and Cold
Only to hear the voice, you could guess it must be MinHo for sure. Just in that time, Mrs. Lee come out from the kitchen and told you and Donghae come to the dining first while she will welcome MinHo home. 
 
*God, please save my life!* being in the dining room is a fortunate for you yet exhausting. Exhausting that you can hear MinHo and his mom's conversation by there. 
 
"Oh, you bought what I told already?" His mom said to him and you could imagine that Mrs. Lee help her son to drag the plastic bags. "No eggs. They're sold out" MinHo said as warm as his mother. "Run out of egg? That's rare. Well, just get change and be ready for dinner, a friend just came" her mom told him. Hearing those combersation make the situation even more tense. 
 
"A friend?" Minho ask again. "Yes, I guess she is in your age as well" his mom said. "Who? Is it EunKyung?" Minho ask, still curious. Fortunately, his mom is a little impatient for him, "just get change first!" 
 
Donghae, since both of you enter the dining room, is starring at you like observing actually. He didn't look that panic or else, he is more like can handle things easily or ready for any situations coming. So awkward to be stared by him that way especially when the person sit right on front of you. 
 
Seeing this kind of situation, is like the vacation you had before and he spit out. Ugh, bad memory. "What happened?" Donghae suddenly said, waking you up from the history. 
 
"Nothing" you said and sit silently again, waiting for Mrs. Lee to prepare the foods since the dining table is just plates. "You look frightened" he said and began to stand up. He walk to the glasses cabin and took a mug then fill it with water. "Here, since I haven't serve you yet" he sai and offer you the glass. You take it gently and it helps you a bit somehow. 
 
"Ohh, wait, I will take my special menu" Mrs. Lee said cheerfully as she enter the dining room then to the kitchen. And you two were left again. "Mom, where's dad?" MinHo's voice could be heard from your left side, the living room. "He went abroad, he has a work to do" Mrs. Lee replied and her voice was coming from your right side, the kitchen. 
 
The dining room and the living room was separated by a wall, thin wall. That's why MinHo hasn't recognize you yet. You can imagin in your head how tension it was. While MinHo hasn't notice, you are still between MinHo and his mother's conversation. Right in the middle, included Donghae as well. Weirdly, he looks fine. Super fine. 
 
Or maybe it just you who overhink it. "Come here MinHo, I made a special menu, your favorite" Mrs. Lee yell at MinHo again from the kitchen. MinHo's steps could be heard, it getting closer to your place. *this is it. This is it* but Donghae seems can't hear a thing. Or you are just halusinated! 
"You look pale, are you sick?" He said and walk towards you for checking. 
 
You shook your head and said, "No, I'm really fine" you asured him. Donghae look down on you while he is standing up beside you. "Rarely you cook it, what is spec-" MinHo's voice was cut when he saw you in the dining room. Donghae who is right beside you just now, back away, as surprised as you to see his presence was on. 
 
Maybe Donghae all the time also as panic as you but he manage to calm himself down. You are the one that's a bit paranoid. "HyunJae" MinHo said in a low volume. 
"Hi" you manage to greet him like usual, whether it's the right thing to do or not. MinHo replies you with a small smile awkwardly then he manage to give warm smile afterwards.
 
Donghae get back to his seat and MinHo also sit beside him across your side. "Here here, Donghae's favorite" Mrs. Lee bring a big bowl of soup, the hot smoke are hovering on it. Then she bring another one in, "And here's your favorite" she said to MinHo. She bring a big plate of black pepper beef. *What a dinner*
 
Only after tasted several spoons on both of them, you can admit Mrs. Lee is a really good cooker. "These are really delicious" you said and smile to Mrs. Lee. "Is it? Which one is your favorite then?" she asked. Since there are only two main dishes, it's about soup or the black pepper. In other words, it's about Donghae or MinHo.
 
MinHo look up at his mom then at you. You look back at him then at Donghae. Now, Donghae lower his head to his food. "Both of them are good" you said. Unexpectedly, you keep talking. "They have a different good taste. The black pepper beef is savory and friendly. You can't stop yourself from eating it." you said and taste the black pepper then taste the soup and begin to close your eyes, to help you taste the inner taste.
 
"The soup is so calming. So relaxing and delicious. The soup has two sides. If people didn't taste it really well, they might say it's an original delicious soup. But buy the time you taste it for times, the soup just make the people safe, pleasant" you open your eyes again and see the three of them are staring at you. *Okay, I'm weird*
 
"Sorry" you said while blushing. To distract the awkwardness, you continue eating. You thought, you just embarrassed yourself. Again. Mrs. Lee giggled warmly at you and said, "You are really good at tasting" she said. Donghae smirks while eating his food, but you know it the smirk was meant for you. MinHo keeps eating as usual.
 
-
 
"Thank you Mrs. Lee for the dinner" you bow at Mrs. Lee on the front door. "Yes, anytime, dear. Come here often. Donghae, make sure she is safe until home" Mrs. Lee said. MinHo is standing beside her looking at you in a different way which you couldn't tell. He let a small smile escape his lip while looking at you. You wave at him as well.
 
Donghae open the car's door for you. "Pleasant, safe, calming, relaxing" Donghae repeats your words when both of you are in the car. He said it while smirking then chuckles. *HyunJae, you just embarrassed yourself again*
 
"I just.....being honest. It's the taste!" you said and while he just nods agreeing in a teasing way.
 
You wonder, what is the relationship between you two. You've kissed, but none of you know each other's feelings. Weirldly. It doesn't mean that he kissed you and he loves you. *Be careful, Jae* You also wonder, what would you do about this brothers. It's getting complicated. And what worst is, you just knew that earlier you've walked for a long distance up to Donghae's house and now you just realized it when you're back to your house.
 
*What will happened next? No one knows*
 
 
COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!