Chapter 38

Hot and Cold

The way Donghae’s lip touch yours, the thrill when his arm wrapping your thigh, his breath that really close to you. Those thoughts still messing your mind. Even though he is right beside you right now. He is now holding on your hand automatically like he often did that. You can’t refuse no matter how much you want to.

You take a look at his profile while he is heading in front and walking. He is just perfect and angelic, exclude his cold look. His cold look somehow make you think negatively and lost. But by the time he did some affection, those thoughts just gone like blown by the wind.

After the kiss, that actually lasted long but for both of you extremely short, both of you walking around the neighbourhood like a lost teenagers. You passed your house and take a walk with Donghae without any destination. Nowhere to go, just wandering. He see his surrounding like a new. Of course.

“Your neighbourhood is friendly” he said suddenly, made you look at him. He knew you’re looking so he just look back. “Is it? I think so. They’re nice people. Many families live here” you said the fact. Then you know that the conversation just bring up the sensitive question. He said, “So, that’s why you move with your family here”.

“Actually I only live with Taemin, my little brother” you said, and expect him not to ask you anymore but you know he will.

“Your father and mother?” he ask again. Hearing the word ‘mother’ just bring up the memories again that never fade but you manage to be firm. “My father is busy, he came home rarely. My mother, she died” you explain and curious about what expression will he gave. But his expression is still, half cold, as usual. He bit his lower lip and come back normal like nothing happened. Like what you said just now can’t be heard by him.

“Why she died?” he suddenly ask. You’re a bit taken back that he actually didn’t feel bad or anything. *What a cold heart* you actually want to scream in front of his face because he didn’t understand the sadness you felt. But you knew if you did something like that, you just make yourself silly and lack of attention person. “Car accident. Terrible story” you said and remember how you called by the teacher and said that your parent is in the hospital. That’s actually when you feel panic and worried. And how you gonna explain to your father because mom died.

“Terrible” he whispers your word for himself. Maybe he think that car accident is a terrible thing. First, it took your mother’s life and second for Donghae, it took his Yoona’s life. “So, there are only the two of you?” he ask again like unsure or maybe something hidden behind his word.

Without any words, because you don’t want to talk anymore, you nods. Not caring whether he saw your nod or not. “How about living in my house?” he offered. You are shock by his sudden question and so bare. Actually you didn’t know what to feel. Feeling offended or happy?

“That’s impossible” you said and unpurposely releases his hand in yours. Then feeling regret after let him go. The two of you then stop in front of someone’s house. “Why?” he ask again like you’ve imagined. “I just can’t. I love my neighbourhood and that’s just odd” you said. “There’s no odd anymore if our family have a marriage relationship” he said, and he shock himself of what he just said but looking calm again in no time. He really knew to controll his facial expression.

It takes seconds for you to know what he would like to say. It can’t be a marriage between Taemin with Donghae or Minho, it must be......you? You marry one of them? Eventually your cheeks blushed.

“Wanna come in?” he said, broking up the awkward silence. He point at the house where the two of you have been standing in front of it. The house is white and quiet luxurious. “We can’t just come to someone’s house. Besides, where are we?” you looking around, feeling unfamiliar and it’s no longer your neighbourhood.

He didn’t take your words and heading to the front door. *How dare he. Is he going to steal* you quickly follow him, feeling a bit panic. “What’re you doing here? Don’t do something silly!” you yell at him while stop him by holding back his hand from the knob. He raises his brow like confuse.

A mailbox happened to be appear beside the door, it said ‘Mr. And Mrs. Lee’. Donghae caught you seeing at those letters and said, “Is it silly to come into my own house?” then he chuckles which made you even more intimidated.

He came in the first and you just standing on front of the door blankly, but actually you want yourself to frown. Donghae turn his head to you and looking at you confusely. “C’mon!” he said, actually it’s like an order. Unsurely, you take a step inside.

First, the living room welcomed you which is so cozy with white sofas. Donghae immediately put his bags and his stuff on that sofa which disturb the beauty. "Have a seat" Donghae said to you, politely, gentle, and purposely. "Donghaee, is MinHo with you?" another voice come from the upstairs, a woman warm voice.

"No, it's HyunJae, mom" Donghae said. By the time he said that, you think that he must be told something about you before. His mom come from upstairs, her look is so bright. She didn't look like Donghae much, but she still is beautiful in her way. You think that she looks like MinHo more than Donghae, MinHo must have her big eyes. You quickly stand up and greet her, "Auntie" you bow.

She greets back with her confuse yet surprise look. She manage to keep her jaw open like amazed, then she turn her eyes to Donghae. And eventually Donghae look to the ground. Then she flash her warm smile to you and say, "Well, you must be my son's friend. You're beautiful!"

"Thankyou. You also are beautiful" you said back and flash your smile too. "Where's MinHo?" Donghae ask his mom. "He is out to buy something" his mom replied then turn her head back to you, "Stay here until dinner, dear" she said warmly. You have to go home actually but you didn't want to refuse her kind invitation. You look at Donghae for an answer and he raises his brow then nod. "Okay" you said to Mrs. Lee. Then she turn to her big kitchen.

"I guess your mom gives her big beautiful eyes to MinHo" you said to Donghae as there's only the two of you there on the living room. Donghae don't say anything for awhile. First one, he feels a bit burden to tell you about his actual family because it's not necessary. Second, he is a feels a weird feeling when you said 'beautiful eyes' which is directed to MinHo.

"She is MinHo's mom.....and also me. But she is MinHo's actual mom" Donghae try to explain. Then he continues, "My parent divorced and so MinHo's parent then myy father marry his mom" Donghae said. You think eventually after he said that.. That means everyone has their own sad story. You didn't give any reply to him, end up both of you sit silently in the living room.

It's more like a cold war. Well, a cold war in your mind. You feel that both of you are talking without any words, telepathy. (red= you, blue= Donghae)

It's so awkward hereeeee

Yes it is

Please talk to me, clear this awkwardness!

Why me

Because this is your house

Is it something that have to do with the awkwardness?

Yeah, well, a little I guess

.

.

.........

.........

.

Hey, why don't you talk

.

 

Then luckily, Ting Tong, the house's bell ring. "I'm homee!"

 

 

Sorry, late update! For info only, Iedited the chapter 1  and maybe will working on to the other chapters up to around chapter 13. Maybe I just changed the way I tell the story, nothing much changed. For old readers, it's fine, you don't have to read it from the beginning again.

Enjoy. COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!