Chapter 28

Hot and Cold

The weekend has come. If you do remember, it's your date with Donghae. Donghae asked you to be ready at 4 p.m. in front if your house. You have no idea where he wants to take you.  Taemin is left by himself alone. You feel a bit worry of him. Not because he can't take care himself, more worried if he date with MiSun.

You quickly clear that kind of thought from your mind.  You dressed up neatly and as beautiful as you can.   Then Donghae's car park in front of your house. You take your shoe and wear it in a flash. But it ends up messily. Your shoe aren't attach to your feet perfectly. So you struggle yourself when you're walking towards Donghae's car. 

Before you could reach his car, Donghae walk out from his car and walk towards you. He stand there by your side while you have a problem with your walking because of your shoe. He just watches you in difficulties. You felt really humiliated and maybe he might think you are super silly. Suddenly he said, 

"Enough already" then he grab your back and knee, and start to lift you in a bridal style. You surprised a bit that made you shout.  You stare at him from your point of view, luckily he is not looking back at you.  You remember how he lifted you in the same way when you're in Bali. And your heart feel like want to pop out. You have no idea whether Donghae could feel your heartbeat by his chest or not. Because your body now is touching with his chest, the fragnance of his body is really fresh. 

He puts you on the front seat gently. You just froze there not knowing what to say.  He shows up on the driver seat and plug the seatbelt. He starts to drive while saying, "You gained weigh and lack of attention" 

You blush and yell at him, embarrassed. You jerk his hair and made him yelling painfuly. 

"stop it, I'm driving" 

"I don't ask you to lift me! And I have to admit it's wrong that I gained weigh!" 

"I'm just saying the truth! No point of lying" 

"Yaahh! Quick apologize!!!" 

"I'm driving, stop it!" 

"So whattt" 

"HyunJerk!" 

"DongDong!" 

And the conversation like that lasts for several minutes until you finally fell asleep.  You're awake when you feel someone pressing your nose tightly until you can't breath. Your eyes opened quickly because of surprise and saw Donghae at your side *you want to kill me, huh?* 

Just before you could explode for the second time, Donghae's innocent face is so near to yours calm your anger a little.

"Yah! What're you doing just now"  You realized that both of you are no longer in the car. Now both of you are sitting on a bench. You feel like you ever come to this place before,  the difference is just the sky is darker. The moon in the sky also begin to showing up. 

"where are we? I'm not sleepwalking, aren't I?" you said, still confuse with the surrounding.  Donghae shook his head, "I lifted you here, and you're not awake"  *Oh, I must be a great sleepyhead*

You look around at the surrounding once more. Then a picture come into your mind. It's the park where you talk with Donghae....... and left by him becaus of Tiffany, that Eunkyung. 

"Isn't it that park?" you ask to Donghae and he nods. It's so awkward between you two since you remember the incident last time. In this park, you have a will that you want to date with your boyfriend someday and he will circled his arm to yours. (remember?) But since Donghae isn't your boyfriend, you think that will not happen.

"I like this place more at night, and I want to show you"  he said. You look around and it feels so different when it was morning. Last time when it was morning, it was peaceful but you could hear the crowd from the far. But this time it's really peaceful, totally peaceful. There's only a silence. And inside the silence there's only the two of you. 

"What are you planning? You gonna left me again?" you ask Donghae sarcastically. 

"Nope, I'm not going to leave you again" Donghae shook and feels guilty after he left you. "Here, I bought you this" Donghae lend you a nicely wrapped box. You open to see what's inside and it looks like a lunchbox, but maybe in this kind of time you could call it dinnerbox. It fills with pizza and pasta, it was set neatly and nicely. You feel kinda weird that the two of you will have a dinner in that park, usually a couple will have a dinner in the reastaurant. But you don't dare to ask him that kind of question. Besides, it's just the same but what matter is with who are we spending our time with. *Ups, I become so wise!*

"5 minutes more" Donghae said while looking to his watch. You don't have idea what he meant by 5 minutes, so you just enjoy the pizza Donghae bought for you. Both of you share the dinner box together while staring blankly to the dark lake in front of you. You take a mouthful of pizza and giggling at yourself at how greedy you are.

In that time, Donghae offer you his handkerchief in front of your face. You look up at his handkerchief, confusely looking at it and Donghae.

"Here" he finally take an action. He wipes the leftover beside your mouth gently. You just realized that he just offered you his handkerchief but you are not taking it. Because of his action, you flinch a bit and stare at his face that is really close to yours. You have no idea how long you've been staring, but it feels like a long time. And when he stares back at you, the time feels stop and the world around you disappeared.

You look deeply inside his eyes and you feel your heart is pounding crazily, but you refuses to look away. Donghae touch your lips with his hand on handkerchief, he touch it softly and leaning closer to you.

Konwing what will he did, you look at your left and saw the fireflies are hovering above the dark lake. The fireflies are more like the audience for the two of you. "Oh look!" You point to the fireflies.

lampyrisnoctiluca02.jpg

Donghae look away from you face and turning back to his position. He clears his throat and said, "Yeah, this is what I want to show you"

*Oh, I just ruined the moment! Darn it!*

"So beautiful" you quickly say while still looking at the fireflies. You felt guilt because you ruined your moment yet amazed by the fireflies.

"Glad you like it" he smiles but still looking at the fireflies.

"How do you know they will show up?" you asked him curiously.

"I often went here, at the same time"

Both of you are staring at those fireflies and keep in silence. It's not an awkward silence, since you two are amazed. Even though Donghae has seen it for many times, but he still looks amazed by the fireflies.

"Can we catch one?" You ask to Donghae, you feel like you wanna pet one.

"Yes you can, but once you catch it, their light will dead" Donghae explained.

You frown disappointed that you can't have one. Donghae saw you frowning, then he continues, "HyunJae, did you know that we can learn from fireflies?"

"Hmm?" you confusely look at him by your side.

"We can learn that we can't keep what we want for forever, or else the lights will out. What we can do is just make them free but still by our side" he said deeply, he had his eyes reflects the fireflies' light.

You don't know what he just said. But he looks sad. You are really concern of what had happened to him. You don't dare to ask, so you are trying to come out with another topic.

Instead of shows up with another topic, you ends up teasing him. You surprise him on his face and make him flinch from his daydream. You laugh at his reaction. But he glares at you coldly, *Ohgod, it's the different Donghae again* he keep glaring while you worried that he will explode soon. So you whispers "Sorry" and gently back to your seat.

Before you can have your seat, Donghae chase you and make you run away. He run after you while you keep running, avoid his grip. You are laughing while running. The two of you are the only one in that park, so you could run freely around. *He had a sudden mood-change*

After a while, he finally stop chasing you and left behind. You walk towards him who is now panting and gasping for air. You laugh at him from distant. "You lose!" you point you finger to him. Donghae now still looking down and panting, he force his laughter a bit but didn't give any reply. As you are in front of him now, he lift up his face and you saw him really pale. *But he is still handsome, hihihi*

You felt guilt when you are still laughing and joking with him. Now his condition is dying. "Are you okay, Donghae?" you feel a thrill all around your body. "Mianhaee, are you okay?" you start to panick because he didn't give any reply. He is still panting and his hand rumples his t-shirt on the chest. He seems painful but he try to calm himself down. You touches his face gently, to know whether it's hot or not.

Then he force to say, "Yes, I'm okay. Just give me some sec"

He tries hard to make his breath come back to normal. *Is he sick? Something must had happened* After he regained his breath, you finally asked, "Are you sick?" because you never saw anyone panting for that long.

"No, I'm just too tired hahaha" he explained. He refuses to talk the truth. "Maybe, we should go home" Donghae told you, he stands up first and pull your hand. 

 

 

(Another present!)

Donghae's POV

I don't have that much preparation for the date with HyunJae. It's not that I don't think any of plans, but I'm too much thinking of what should I do in the date.

I don't know why I asked her out last time. My mind must be blown. What is the point of asking her out?? I want to think it is just a hang out with my buddies, but else I overthinked it.

Until the day had came for me to date with her. While driving, I was thinking too of where should I go. I turn around and around at the same road, not knowing where to go. Luckily that girl was sleeping. Until I have no idea anymore, I stop at the park I usually went. I bought a dinner box of pizza before I parked my car to the park.

Yet I was worried, HyunJae may not like the date. It's as simple as feather. I woke her up, but she just mumbled. So I lifted her up, she is as light as feather. Not too thin, but her weigh is ideal. I stared at her face, she was sleeping all the time, she is a great sleepyhead. I placed her gently on the bench and she start to waking.

I was a bit embarrassed when I was dating. I just wanted to help her out with the lefover beside her lips but I ended up staring at her. She stared to me also, and I'm glad. I don't know what I've done. I look at her soft lip and wanted to kiss her that time. And she ruined my moment.......

I quickly look away when it was ruined, she must not saw me blushing. The fireflies began to show up, I forgot that it's the time for them to show up already. GREAT timing, fireflies!

When I explained to her what we can learn from fireflies, I sank inside my sad feeling. I remembered how that girl was gone. Okay, forget it.

Right at that time, she teased me. I don't know whether I have to laugh or angry. She ruined my moment for the second time, so I ended up glaring. And she felt guilty right away, so funny.

At last, I chase her around the park. She is really happy and joyful by her laughter. I'm glad she is happy with my date. Her hair was swinging around, she is just like a cheerful kid. I keep chasing her until I realized that I can't run any longer.

My breath holds me from running. I felt pain inside my chest, I knew it would become like this. I stop myself before it could getting more worse. HyunJae is still laughing in the distant. I hope she didn't see my super pale face like usual. But she did.

She start to worry and I don't want her to. So I force myself to act as normal as usual. I don't want her to know what happened to me. I was going to tell her what happened to me last time, but the more I think about it, the more I can't tell it to her. After she touched my face, I felt a thrill inside me, an exciting fear. It made my breath become a lot better.

I decided to headed back home before anything worse happen to me again. Both of us walk towards my car while we are laughing, yeah, I cracked some jokes to avoid her asking more questions to me.

From the distant, I saw a man with a motorcycle and a helmet on his head is looking at us in front of a supermarket. I squint my eyes to him and recognized that it was Minho's motorcycle. *Crap. Minho is here*

 

 

So so so so so so sorry for not updating for long. I just had my summer camp and I just have my time to make a chapter. And guess what, I gained weigh AGGGHHHHHH! *super random*

And yeah, please read and subscribe my other story too! Mission Accomplished the characters are exo (Lay, Kris, Luhan) hehehehe. Thanks loyal readers!

I will update another chapters soon! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE !