Second Day As A Family

Our Happy Family

The next day I had to go to work at the salon and Jonghyun also had a variety show that he was scheduled to be on today. Jonghyun’s group had broken up about two years ago and now they all did solo activities. Jonghyun had found his calling in musicals and variety shows. Surprisingly he wasn’t just funny looking but could also tell jokes and give good reactions. I chuckled to myself thinking about his reaction if I said that out loud to him.

            Anyway I on the other hand was now the owner of the most popular salon in all of Seoul. Everyone who was anyone wanted to use my salon mainly just for my services. I no longer did washed hair now. Nope I hired people do that for me. Now I was back to doing what I loved most and that was being a stylist.

            MyName’s company, yes MyName is still together, but their company begged to hire me back as their main stylist for the whole company. What did I do? Laughed in their faces and told them to go to hell. It felt good to do it too. They should have never gotten rid of me in the first place. I would still put together outfits for MyName every now and again just out of my love for the boys though.

            The problem now was what were we going to do with Changjo. I didn’t want to leave him with somebody else especially since we’ve only had him for a day. I wanted him to get used to being around us and not being raised by a stranger.

            “Key you’re going to burn the pancakes.” Jonghyun said as he came near me. I quickly flipped the pancakes I was cooking and noticed they were slightly burnt.

            “Damn it.”

            “What has you all spaced out Key? This isn’t like you.” Jonghyun said while picking up a piece of sausage and eating it.

            “We both have work today and I was just trying to think about what we were going to do with Changjo.”

            “Hmm… I can take him.”

            “Wait aren’t you doing a show today? Won’t he just get in the way?”

            “He’ll be fine. I’ll just have one of the stylists watch him.”

            “I don’t want someone else watching our child though.”

            “Then do you want to take him?”

            “I was thinking about it but I’m super busy today and I won’t be able to give him the attention he needs well.”

            “So then just let me take him. Unless you want to have Taemin watch him.”

            “That’s a great idea! Taemin seems like he would be good with kids. Can you call him and see if he’s free.”

            “Sure.”

Soon I heard small footsteps approaching the kitchen and looked down to see Changjo in his footed pajamas that had small yellow stars on them. He was carrying a blue stuffed rabbit in one hand and rubbing his eyes with the other.

            “Appa?” He whispered out in a sleepy voice. I quickly finished up the pancakes and put them on a plate before bending down to pick him up. He wrapped his arms around my neck and snuggled against me.

            “Hey baby. Are you hungry?”

He just nodded his head against my shoulder. I then went to pick up the plate of pancakes from the counter before sitting down with him on my lap. I put a little bit of syrup on the pancakes and cut them up into sizes small enough for him to eat. Then I gave him his baby fork so that he could start feeding himself. He started to dig in immediately and it seemed like he was getting more on his face instead of in his mouth but I just let him keep going. Jonghyun entered the kitchen again and sat down next to us.

            “Hey Changjo. How’s my big boy doing?” He said as he was about to ruffle his hair. I just slapped his hand away.

            “Don’t distract him when he’s eating.”

            “Alright. Jeez you didn’t have to hit me. Anyway Taemin said that he has a day off today and would love to watch Changjo. He’s on his way over now. It seems he’s really excited to meet him.”

            “Perfect.”

            “Appa, milk.” Changjo said and I handed him over to Jonghyun while I went to get him a milk box from the fridge. When I came back I saw Changjo feeding Jonghyun instead of himself.

            “Changjo you’re supposed to eat it not your appa Jjong.”

            “Appa’s hungry.” He said.

            “Did he tell you that?” I asked him and he nodded his head with a smile. He seemed to enjoy feeding his appa. I just let out a sigh and gave him his milk box.

            “Here you go Changjo. Milk.”

He put the fork down and grabbed the box with both hands before he started to drink it thirstily. He even offered his appa Jjong some and Jonghyun took a sip from the box as well. It seemed like they got along really well. Jonghyun and Changjo continued to eat while I started to clean up some of the dirty pans I had used. Right when I finished and Jonghyun had left the table to go and get Changjo ready for the day I heard our doorbell ring. I went to open the door and was quickly pushed aside by Taemin.

            “Ok so where is he?! I want to see the baby!”

            “Well good morning to you too Taemin-ah.”

He turned to face me and gave me a smile. “Morning hyung. Now where is he!”

            As if on cue Jonghyun and Changjo emerged from Changjo’s room with a now fully dressed Changjo.

            “Ah!! There he is!” Taemin said as he ran over to them and grabbed Changjo into his arms. Changjo didn’t seem too fond with Taemin’s enthusiasm towards him and immediately started to stretch his arms out for Jonghyun to take him back. Jonghyun took Changjo back into his arms and Changjo buried his face into Jonghyun’s chest as if trying to hide for Taemin.

            “Changjo there’s no reason to be scared. This is your uncle Taemin. He’s nice and he’s going to watch you while appa Jjong and appa Key go to work.”

Changjo shook his head and clung onto Jonghyun tighter.

            “Appa stay with Changjo!”

It surprised me how fast Changjo grew attached to us but it also made me happy as well to know that he loved and trusted us so much. It was getting late though and Jonghyun and I both had to get going for work. So I walked over to them and placed my hand on Changjo’s back. He looked towards me and I smiled at him.

            “Changjo you like to dance right?”

He nodded his head.

            “Well uncle Taemin is a dancer. He likes to dance all the time too.”

That seemed to spark Changjo’s interest in Taemin as he slowly turned to face him. Taemin started to do some popping moves to show Changjo his dancing skills. Changjo turned back to me with a smile on his face.

            “Changjo better.”

            “You’re a better dancer than uncle Taemin?”

Changjo nodded his head.

            “Well why don’t you show him then.”

Jonghyun placed Changjo on the floor and he started to do little dance moves. Soon Taemin was playing along with Changjo’s dance battle and Changjo seemed to be having fun. I bent down to his level again to see if it would be ok for us to leave now.

            “So will you be good for uncle Taemin while your appas go to work?”

            “Neh!” He said with a smile and I just ruffled his hair.

I told Taemin what he likes to eat and what time we would be back. Right when we were going to go out of the door Changjo ran up to us though. I picked him up and he hugged my neck tightly.

            “What’s wrong Changjo? I thought you were going to have fun with uncle Taemin.”

            “Appas come back?”

            “Are you asking if we’re going to come back?”

He nodded his head. I just planted a kiss on his forehead before hugging him.

            “Of course your appas will come back. We’ll even bring you a toy. How does that sound?”

            “Changjo like toys!”

            “Ok so we’ll get you one. Now go and play with uncle Taemin ok?”

            “Ok.” He kissed my cheek before I placed him back on the floor and he ran into the living room to play with Taemin.

As Jonghyun and I were walking to our respective cars we made small talk about Changjo.

            “It seems like he’s become attached to us fairly quickly.” I pointed out.

            “Yea. He opens up to people easily. I think that’s good. At least we know he doesn’t have an introverted personality.”

            “I’m just hoping he and Taemin will get along well while we’re gone.”

            “They’ll be fine. Now where’s my goodbye kiss?” He said once we reached our cars. I smiled and leaned in to give him a kiss.

            “I’ll see you after work.”       

            “Yep.”

With that we both got into our cars and were on our way to work.  

No One's POV

            Once Key arrived to work he started working immediately. He had plenty of celebrities waiting to see him just so they could get their make-up done and also get their outfit for their planned schedule. It would be pretty hard keeping track of what went to who each day for a normal person but for Kim Kibum it was a piece of cake. He’s been doing it for so long now that he hardly had to think about it anymore. Once he saw the person he knew what to give them that would be stylish and suit their own personal style.

            Jonghyun would usually come in too but today Key gave him an outfit to wear before leaving the house. Jonghyun said he would get his make-up done at the studio so that was all he needed. When Jonghyun arrived to the studio that he would be filming the variety show at he immediately started to go over his script while getting his make-up done. It was a little difficult for him to concentrate though because he kept thinking about Changjo. One of the stylists noticed him spacing out and asked him what’s wrong.

            “It’s nothing. I’m just thinking about my son.”         

            “Oh wow. I didn’t know you had a son!’

            “My husband and I just adopted him yesterday but we both had work today and had to leave him with a friend.”

            “That must be hard to have to leave your son to someone else one day after you get him.”

            “Yea but we need to work to give him the best things.”

            “How old is he?”

            “He will be two soon.”

            “Well it will get easier once he’s in school. I mean then you can at least work during the day and be with him when he comes home.”          

            “That’s true.”

            “Kim Jonghyun you’re needed on set.”

            “Well that’s my cue.” Jonghyun said as he got out of the seat to go and make money for his baby, while he thought about what type of toy Changjo might like.

 

Key’s POV

            I soon finished work for the day and it was only 2:26pm. Luckily all my appointments were early on in the day so I didn’t have to stay too late. I had a manager for the salon that kept it running when I wasn’t there and I left her in charge for the rest of the day because I wanted to go home and see my baby. First things first, I need to buy him a toy like I promised.

            As I arrived to a toy store I started to look around and think about what Changjo would like. My eyes soon landed on a coloring book. Changjo liked to draw and if I brought him this he would be able to sit and color all day long if he wanted to. I brought a box of 64 Crayola crayons for him as well. He would probably end up breaking most of them but it would be fine as long as he had fun with his drawings. I quickly brought the book and crayons and then headed home to see my baby!

            When I got home I found Taemin sleeping on the couch and Changjo sitting down talking to his bunny.

            “Leo Changjo bored and appas at work. Do you like appas Leo?”

I slowly walked near him to hear his imaginary conversation with his bunny Leo.

            “I like appas too. Uncle Taemin too.”

He was silent again and I figured he was done talking until I heard what he said next.

            “Yes. Let draw on uncle Taemin face!”

Changjo then got up and turned around but quickly fell on his when he noticed me behind him. He stood right back up though and ran into my arms.

            “Appa!”

            “Changjo!” I said as I lifted him up and hugged him tight. Taemin started to stir when he heard our exclamations.

            “Oh Key you’re home. I only fell asleep for a second I swear!”

            “Sure. I just saved your from having your face drawn on by Changjo here. You were going to draw on your uncle Taemin’s face weren’t you?” I asked him as I poked his nose. He nodded his head.

            “Funny.”

            “It would have been funny but not nice. I got you something that you can draw on though.”

I took the coloring book out of the bag I had placed down near my feet and handed it to Changjo. He took it and looked at it with wild eyes.

            “Appa mine!”

            “Yep it’s all yours. I got you crayons too to color with.”

            “Color now!”

            “Yes you can color now.”

I placed him back on the floor and opened the box of crayons for him. He immediately started to color on the first page. It was a lot of scribbles but he stayed in the lines sometimes.

            “Are you hungry Changjo?” I asked as I started to walk to the kitchen.

            “Neh!”

            “What would you like to eat?”

            “Pancakes!”

            “You had pancakes for breakfast. How about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?”

            “Ok.” He said in a disappointed voice. I guess he really did like pancakes but he couldn’t only survive on them.

Taemin followed me into the kitchen and sat at the breakfast counter.

            “Can I have a sandwich too umma?” He said as he made puppy dog eyes at me.

            “No because you fell asleep while watching my child.”

            “I didn’t! I just closed my eyes for a second.”

            “And in that second he could have stuck his finger in an electrical outlet or left the house, or God knows what.” I said as I kept peaking out into the living room to make sure he was still sitting and coloring.

            “I’m sorry hyung!”

            “It’s alright. Do you still want a sandwich?”

            “Actually I’m going to go. Onew should be home soon and I want to be there when he gets back.”

            “Alright. I’ll see you later Minnie.”

            “Bye hyung.”

He went into the living room to say bye to Changjo and then he left. I finished up Changjo’s sandwich and brought it to him after cutting it up into fours. I even took the crust off just in case he didn’t like it.

            “Here you go baby.” I said as I placed the plate besides him. He picked up a piece and started to eat it happily.

            “It good appa!”

            “Really?”

He nodded his head.

            “That’s good then.”

            “Where Jjong appa?”

            “He’s at work still baby. He’ll be home soon. Now eat your sandwich and I’ll go and get you some milk. What kind do you want?”

            “Strawberry!” He yelled out.

            “Alright, alright. I’ll go and see if we have some strawberry milk.”

I went into the kitchen to check the fridge for a container of strawberry milk and luckily we had one. I opened it and then brought it to Changjo. He took it from me and drank it happily. He was literally the cutest thing I had ever seen and I was so happy to have him as my son.

            Later on Jonghyun had returned home and he brought a gift for Changjo. It was a CD player for kids that was and it was basically indestructible. He even brought Big Bang’s new CD for him to listen to.

            He went up to Changjo and showed it to him. Changjo was confused at what it was at first though.

            “It plays music Changjo. Here look.” He turned it on and placed the headset over his ears. He made sure it wasn’t too loud since Changjo’s ears were sensitive because he was so young. As soon as Changjo heard the music his eyes lit up and he started bouncing in his seat. He seemed so amazed by the CD player. He didn’t even want to take it off when it was time for dinner. Key had to basically wrestle it out of his hand and deal with tears before he got him to calm down by promising he could have it after dinner.

            Key realized that if there was one thing he hated most in this world it was seeing Changjo’s tears. He felt like such a monster making such a sweet boy cry but he had to get him to eat. He also realized that this probably wasn’t going to be the last time he made him cry because as much as Key wanted to give him everything he also didn’t want his son to grow up spoiled. Yep this was only the beginning there was another 16 years to go in raising Changjo and not all of them would be happy years. 


Out of all my fanfics I think this is the hardest to write. It's not like I can just add a bunch of drama with a baby. I could but that would just be cruel and I don't want to. I am coming to realize that fluff is not my strong point. Anyway Changjo's first birthday with Jonghyun and Key is coming up! That should be a fun celebration for all!

~Side Talk~

Me: Welcome to our Side Talk segment. It's been a while that I've seen the JongKey couple but it looks like they have a new addition with them. *To Changjo* Hello cutie. 

Changjo: *Simply stares at me*

Key: He doesn't like you so stop that.

Me: Of course he likes me. All kids like me. Here Changjo do you want a lollipop?

Changjo: *Nods head*

Key: Don't give him that! You're going to rot his teeth out with sweets.

Me: Calm your it's sugar free. *Hands it over to Changjo*

Changjo: *Eats it happily*

Me: He's so cute. Changjo who do you like better? You Key appa or Jjong appa?

Changjo: *Thinking* Jjong appa!

Key: What?

Jonghyun: *Smiles to himself*

Changjo: Key appa yell at Changjo. He take my toy too.

Key: I gave it back. 

Changjo: Jjong appa always nice to Changjo .He take Changjo on swings.

Key:  He's spoiling you... 

Me: Well we see who Changjo likes best. I'm not surprised considering that you're such a witch. 

Key: *Lets out a relieved breath*  

Me: What did you think I was going to curse in front of your child? Please I have more sense than that. Anyway this segment is over and I hope to see you all next time! Say bye Changjo. 

Changjo: Bye!! *Wave wildly with lollipop in hand* 

Alright some of you asked what Changjo looks like as a baby/toddler. Well there are no pictures of him from that age so I just found the closet picture of the way I see him in my head.

This looks like Leo to me though from MBLAQ Hello Baby. It could be but whatever. I imagine Changjo to be cute like this.