Auditions

Our Happy Family

 

It was the day of the dance tryouts and Changjo was literally bouncing in place as he watched other people audition before him. He couldn’t wait until his name was called so that he could show his routine. It was a dance he had been working on for a while and he knew it would blow them away.

            Ricky on the other hand was only here because Changjo begged him to tryout with him. Ricky didn’t have a fabulous routine planned mainly because he didn’t care. There was a theater audition that he really wanted to go to on Tuesday. He hadn’t told Changjo about it yet but planned on telling him after the tryout today.

            “Ok next is Kim Changjo?” The captain of the dance team said and Changjo hopped up and stood in front of the captain and co captain of the team as well as the advisor. He started his routine and everyone seemed to be holding their breath. The way Changjo moved amazed as well as discouraged a lot of people that were still sitting and waiting for their turn. Even Ricky was amazed. He had seen his best friend dance plenty of time but Changjo always seemed to surprise Ricky. Even Ricky was amazed. He had seen his best friend dance plenty of time but Changjo always seemed to surprise Ricky.

            Soon Changjo’s dance was over and everyone started to clap while Changjo stood in his final pose catching his breath. Even the captains and advisor were clapping. Changjo had a huge smile on his face and was happy with his performance. Even though he messed up a couple of parts from the applause coming from everyone he knew that they had enjoyed it.

            “Thank you Changjo-goon. You may take a seat.” The advisor said as he smiled at Changjo. Changjo sat back down next to Ricky who congratulated him on his dance. Ricky was soon called up next and started the music for his routine. After he was done he took his seat next to Changjo and they watched as the last few people performed.

            “Ricky you were really good.”

            “You were better Changjo.”

            “We were both amazing. I know we’re going to get in and it’s just going to be amazing.”

            “Yea…” Ricky said starting to not pay attention to Changjo. Yea he loved him but he sort of wished that he would listen to him sometimes. He really hoped that after this he would agree to come and watch him audition for the theater group at the school. It would be amazing if Changjo would support him.

            “Alright we have decided on who will be added to our dance group. Now all of you were amazing but we only had three spots. For those of you who aren’t seniors we hope you will try out again next year. Now I will read off the names of the people we’ve selected. Choi Junhong, Song Victoria, and Kim Changjo.”

As soon as Changjo’s name was called he became excited but still tried to hold it back as much as he could and let the advisor finish speaking. Once he was done though and told them when practice would start Changjo jumped up from his seat and started to cheer.

            “I made it! I made it Ricky!!” Changjo said as he hugged his best friend tightly. Ricky hugged him back but soon into their embrace Changjo realized that even though he got in Ricky didn’t.

            “Wait Ricky you didn’t make it. I’m sorry.”

            “It’s ok.” Ricky said as he smiled at his best friend. “You were fantastic so as long as you got in I’m happy.”

            “But you were amazing too! They should have accepted you as well! We can’t be together now!” Changjo started whining and Ricky just smiled at how needy his friend was being.

            “Changjo we still have dance lessons after school that we go to together plus we see each other every day. It’s not like we’re going to stop hanging out.” Ricky said as he tried to calm down his friend. Before Changjo could answer though he felt someone jump on his back and he had to steady himself so that he wouldn’t fall over.

            “Changjo we made it!! How amazing is this?!” Zelo exclaimed as he removed some of his weight off of Changjo but continued to have his arm draped around his shoulder. “Oh Ricky…I’m sorry that you didn’t make it. Your performance was good as well though.”

            “It’s ok Zelo. I don’t mind too much. Anyway Changjo…”

            “Changjo. Zelo. Congratulations guys. I knew you two would make it.” Jongup said as he came over and interrupted Ricky.

            “Thanks. I didn’t know you were the co-captain of the dance team though.” Changjo said.

            “Oh I guess I forgot to mention it. Anyway I didn’t just come over here to congratulate you guys but to also invite Changjo to Yongguk hyung’s party tomorrow.”

            “A party?”

            “Yea. It’s a house party. He always throws them every now and again but he doesn’t just let anyone in.”

            “Then how will I get in. I’m just a freshman.”

            “A freshman with some cool dance moves. Don’t worry about it. He won’t even notice you’re there and if he does and wants you out just drop my name and everything will be fine.”

            “Ok cool!” Changjo was so excited to be invited to his first high school party and couldn’t wait for tomorrow. He realized though that Ricky hadn’t been invited. “Umm…”

            “Yes Changjo?”

Changjo just looked over to Ricky and Jongup seemed to have gotten the hint.

            “Oh Ricky. I’m sorry that you didn’t make it but you’re also invited to the party as well.”

            “Thanks but…”

            “We’ll be there!” Changjo said as he draped an arm around Ricky’s shoulder.

            “Cool. Come on Zelo I’ll walk you home. See you guys tomorrow.” Jongup said as he walked away.  

 

Changjo and Ricky started to walk home after the audition and Ricky was sort of upset but Changjo was far from upset. He was so hyped up on adrenaline from being put on the dance team and invited to a party in the same day that he hardly noticed that his friend was upset until he spoke up.

            “Changjo I don’t think I’m going to that party tomorrow.”

            “What?! Why?! It’s going to be so much fun Ricky.”

            “Because I just don’t think it will be my thing. Plus Jongup only invited me because I was your friend.”

            “Still you should come. I don’t want to go without you!”

Ricky was about to tell him no again but he decided that he could get Changjo to come see his audition this way.

            “Ok. If I come to this party with you, then you have to do something for me.”

            “Sure. I’ll do anything!”

            “Then you have to come and watch me audition for the theater club on Tuesday.”

            “Theater? You’re seriously considering acting?” Changjo asked not believing his friend.

            “Yes. I am. So are you going to come?”

            “Of course I’ll come!”

            “Then I guess I’ll come to this party tomorrow.”

            “Yes! This is going to be so great Ricky. We’re going to have so much fun!”

            “Yep.”

They continued to walk to their homes until the both separated. Ricky’s mom actually had the day off so he was going to spend some time with her. Then when Changjo got home he was actually surprised to see his Key appa home already.

            “Key appa you’re home early.”

            “Yep baby. So how did your dance tryout go?”

            “I made it appa! They were only choosing three people and I was one of those three that they chose!”

            “Congratulations baby!! I’m so proud of you!” Key said as he hugged Changjo tightly.

            “Thanks appa. And guess what else?!”

            “What?”

            “I got invited to a party tomorrow by the co-captain of the team!”

            “A party?”

            “Yea! Can I go appa?! Please can I go?!”

            “I don’t know Changjo. I think you might still be a little young for parties.”

            “Appa I’m going to be 15 soon! Plus Ricky’s coming with me!”

            “Did Ricky ask his mother?”

            “Well…he’s going to soon probably. But Zelo will be there as well and…”

            “Will there be any adult supervision?”

Changjo knew that there probably wouldn’t be but he really wanted to go so he decided to fudge the truth just a bit.

            “Of course. This is really just like a welcome back to school party that the co-captain of the dance team throws every year.”

            “Really?”

            “Yep! So please can I go appa?!”

Key let out a sigh. He knew that Changjo was lying to him since Changjo could never really look him in the eyes when he was lying but he wanted his baby to have some fun.

            “Alright you can go but I will drop you off and pick you up at 1am. Ok?”

            “Key appa! You can’t do that. It will embarrass me to death!”

            “Well then I guess you aren’t going to this party.”

            “Fine! You can drop me off and pick me up.”

            “Ok. Now go and start your homework while I make dinner for tonight.”

            “Yes Key appa.” Changjo said as he went to his room.

            “My baby is growing up way too fast.” Key mumbled out to himself as Changjo went into his room. “But I guess he’s still growing up fine. Now all I have to do is keep it that way.”


Ok I gave you two updates and things are soon going to start getting crazy! I hope you're all ready for the wild ride! Lol. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this update and I will see you guys all next Monday!

~Lolo