Getting Advice

Our Happy Family

The weekend passed by unexpectedly peacefully. That’s only because Changjo refused to talk to both Key and Jonghyun. Then on the other hand Key still didn’t know how he would react if he saw his son so he kept his distance from the other as well. While Jonghyun was in the middle of the tension in the house. A part of him wanted to escape to work so that he could breathe easily and another part told him that if he left he might come back to something terrible. So that weekend he decided to simply stay home, even though Key still went to work. Thus making him feel like he should have gone too since Changjo was pissed at him and he couldn’t take his baby boy being mad at him. Jonghyun didn’t understand how Key did it all these years

            It was Monday now though and Ricky was over eating the breakfast that Key had made like nothing happened on Friday. Like Changjo didn’t break his heart into a million pieces without even knowing that he was doing so. Yea, Ricky still came because even though he hated Changjo he didn’t really. He could even sense the uneasiness in the house. Usually Key would be yelling for Changjo to hurry up by now but he remained silent as he ate his plate of food.

            “Jonghyun can you please go and get Changjo. It’s almost time for them to go and he’s going to be late at the rate he’s moving.”

            “Alright.” Jonghyun said as he got up from the table and went to Changjo’s room. He knocked on the door before opening it. “Changjo…Changjo why aren’t you dressed?!” He exclaimed as he saw his son laying in bed still in his pj’s.

            “I’m not going to school.”

            “What do you mean you’re not going? Of course you’re going now come on!” Jonghyun said as he started to pull the covers off of Changjo but Changjo kept a tight grip on them.

            “Stop! I’m not going!” Changjo yelled soon causing Key to come into the room.

            “What’s going on in here and why aren’t you dressed Changjo?” He asked as he stood in the threshold with one hand on his hip.

            “What do you care anyway? You grounded me remember? So this is just me following your rules and one of them is no human contact.”

Key was getting frustrated and decided that now was as good a time as any to finally have a conversation with his son. Or at least start it since he did have school soon.

            “Jonghyun can you please take Changhyun to school. I’ll deal with Changjo.”

            “Are you sure? I mean I can…”

            “Yes I’m sure. Plus we can’t have both of them being late to school now can we?”

Jonghyun nodded his head in agreement before leaving Key and Changjo alone and taking Ricky to school. Key walked over to Changjo’s bed and yanked the covers off of him real quick before tossing them to the floor and sitting on his bed. Changjo simply turned away from him not saying a word.

            “Changjo get up! You’re going to school if I have to take you in your pajamas!” Key said as he started to pull on Changjo’s leg.

            “I’m not going!”

Key let out a sigh before standing up and quickly tossing Changjo over his shoulder. “I guess you’re going like this then.” He said and Changjo started to thrash around trying to get out of his appa’s grasp.

            “If you keep doing that I’m going to drop you. Then I’m going to have to take you to the hospital before taking you to school.”

            “Appa! You can’t do this!! I don’t want him to see like this!!”

Key put Changjo on the ground when he finally started saying something that wasn’t ‘no’ and ‘I’m not going.’ “You don’t want who to see you?”

            “Nobody. It’s nothing.” Changjo said lowering his head. Key knew it obviously wasn’t nothing and after putting the gears in his head to work for a minute he realized that Changjo was probably talking about the guy from Friday that gave him those hickies.

            “Changjo…Are you sure he’ll even remember you?” Key hesitantly asked. He knew what it was like when someone drank too much. They usually didn’t remember what or who they did the night before. He didn’t want to break Changjo’s new love formed heart but he also wanted to let him know that it was probably only a one night stand sort of thing.

            “Of course he’ll remember me!!” Changjo said slightly working himself up. “He can’t just forget kissing another person like that.”

            “Changjo it was probably just a drunken hook-up on his part.”

            “It wasn’t! I know he likes me!” Changjo didn’t really know but he hoped. He really didn’t want what happened Friday night to be left at that.

            “Baby I’m not saying this to discourage you or heart your feelings. I’m just trying to open your eyes to reality.”

            “What would you know?! You’ve probably never been to a party in your life! You don’t know how to have fun because you’re too busy walking around with a stick up your !!”

Key didn’t even think and it seemed as if his body reacted on its own when his hand came in contact with Changjo’s cheek. When he pulled his hand back he and Changjo were both looking at each other with wide eyes. Key couldn’t believe that he had hit his son again and Changjo was in shock from the stinging of his cheek. He placed his hand on his cheek hoping it would subdue the pain but it didn’t.

            “This is child abuse! Are you going to hit me every time I do something you don’t like now?!”

It took Key a minute to come back to his sense before he moved away from Changjo. “J-Just go to your room.” Key stuttered out. He didn’t understand why he was acting like this around his son but he knew that he couldn’t be around him at the moment.

            “Whatever.” Was all Changjo said as he stomped off into his room and plopped down on his bed. He knew he shouldn’t have talked to his dad like that but he was just so pissed off and tired of him telling him what to do. “Whatever, he’ll get over it” Changjo mumbled under his breath as he wrapped himself in his blanket to go back to bed.

            Key on the other hand was still standing in the living room looking towards Changjo’s room and back down to his hand that was shaking slightly. He tightened it into a fist to try and stop the trembling as he closed his eyes.

            Why do I have to be violent in order to deal with him? I should just be able to talk to him and not have to raise a hand to him. Am I really starting to turn into my mother?

Key let out a shaky breath before grabbing his shoes and heading out the door. I just need to clear my head for a little bit. That’s all. He thought as he got in his car and headed over to the one person’s house he knew would be home. Taemin.

            When Key got to Taemin’s place he immediately went up to the apartment and rung the bell. After a minute Taemin came to the door with his hair sticking up here and there and his clothes were disheveled.

            “H-Hyung? What are you doing here so early?”

            “I hope I wasn’t interrupting anything that you and Onew might have been up to but can I come in?” Key asked and Taemin stepped to the side letting Key in. “Onew isn’t even here. He left for work about thirty minutes ago. Anyway you still haven’t told me why you’re here.” Taemin said as he sat on his couch and continued to rub the last bit of sleep from his eyes.  

            “I just needed to clear my head.”

            “And you decided to come here?”

            “Well I figured you would be home.”

            “So what’s going on hyung? Don’t you have work today?”

            “I’m taking the day off today.”

            “Hmm… Ok then. So…”

            “So what?”

            “Why are you here?”

            “Can’t I visit my baby?”

            “Your ‘baby’ is at home hyung. Now come on and spit it out already. I’ll be really upset if you woke me up just to chat.”

Key let out a sigh before placing his head in his hands and saying “I think I’m turning into my mother.”

            “What? Hyung I can’t hear you when you talk into your hands like that.”

            “I said: I think I’m turning into my mother.” Key repeated when he removed his hands from his face.

            “Why would you think something like that?” Taemin asked confused as to what was going through Key’s mind to make him think he was turning into his mother.

            “I…I hit Changjo.”

            “Well did he deserve to get hit?”

            “I don’t know. He just cursed at me and I sort of snapped and slapped him. Jonghyun says that I shouldn’t hit him but it seems like that the only way I know how to discipline him.”

            “Wait. He cursed at you?!”

Key nodded his head and Taemin looked at him with wide eyes. “So you’re telling me that your 14 year old son cursed at you and he’s still breathing?! If I would have cursed at my parents I would have gotten a lot worse than a slap on the cheek.”

            “But I shouldn’t hit him. I don’t want to be like my mother where that’s the only way to discipline him.”

            “Well did you ground him?”

            “Yes.”

            “Did you take away items that he likes?”

            “Yes.”

            “And he still acted out? Well there’s nothing else to do after that. Plus hyung it’s not like you beat him you just gave him a little slap. Hopefully it knocked some sense into him.”

            “Have you ever hit Minji?”

            “When she was a child I would hit her bottom but nowadays she’s really well behaved. Hopefully she won’t start going through this rebellious phase that Changjo seems to be going through. Anyway hyung I wouldn’t think too much into it. You’re not turning into your mother you’re simply disciplining you’re child in the only way you know how.”

            “When did you grow up? It’s weird to have you giving me advice.” Key said as a small smile planted itself onto his face.

            “I grew up a long time ago hyung.”

            “I guess I’ll never see you as anything more than the little boy that came to comfort me in the park that day.”

            “Jeez hyung. That was over 25 years ago! I’m over 30 years old now.”

            “Yet you will always be my baby.” Key said as he let out a small chuckle.

            “Sure, sure. Whatever you say…umma.”


It's been a while hasn't it? Sorry for being almost 3 weeks late with the update. My life has been extremely busy but it's starting to settle down a little bit. (Just wait until midterms.) Anyway this story isn't abandoned and most of you that are subscribed to my other stories know that I've been slowly updating those as well. As you can see I'm trying to add more Key and Jonghyun into the story. It seems like I've been paying attention to only Changjo's life recently. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about Jongkey. I have things planned for them.  Ok  I'm done. See you all next time!

~Lolo