The Talk

Our Happy Family

“Key appa have you seen my dancing sneakers?!” Changjo yelled out to Key from his room as he tore it apart looking for his sneakers.

            “They’re out here in the living room where you left them! Now hurry up and get ready before you’re late for school! Plus Changhyun’s already here!” Key yelled back as he was placing some food on Changhyun’s plate.

            “Thank you Mr. Kim.” He said as he started to dig into the breakfast that Key had made for him.

            “No problem Changhyun and I told you to just call me hyung.”

            “Who is he supposed to call hyung? I know not you. You’re more of an ajusshi.” Jonghyun said as he came out and grabbed a piece of toast.

            “If anyone’s an ajusshi it would be you!” Key teased Jonghyun right back. They were both in their late thirties now and Changjo was 12 in his second year of middle school. Key and Jonghyun hardly looked a day over 25 though. The only thing that gave away their age was the slight eye wrinkles they had but still they were barely noticeable.

            “Come on Ricky let’s go!” Changjo said as he ran out of his room, grabbed his dancing sneakers from the living room and ran to the door.

            “Changjo!!” Key called out when he saw his son run past him and Jonghyun. Changjo came and popped his head into the kitchen real quick.

            “Yes Key appa.”

            “Where’s my goodbye kiss?”

            “Appa I’m too old for that!”

            “Well you’re not leaving until you give me one.”

Changjo rolled his eyes and walked over to his appas. He gave both Key and Jonghyun a kiss on the cheek.

            “Have a good day at school baby.” Key said as he ruffled his hair.

            “Ah! Not the hair and I will. Bye!” He said as he ran out of the kitchen fixing his hair.

            “Can you believe he’s already 12?” Jonghyun asked Key as he wrapped his arms around his waist.

            “No I can’t. I mean it feels like just yesterday we adopted him.”

            “I know. Time flies by too fast. Soon we’re going to have to have the talk with him.”

            “Oh no we’re not. For as long as humanly possible I’m going to make sure he doesn’t know what is.”

            “You know he probably already knows.”

Key spun around and glared at Jonghyun.

            “What do you mean he already knows?”

            “I mean he’s in middle school and all his friends probably talk about it. I mean do you remember how you were in middle school?”

            “I’m trying hard to forget.”

            “The point is you knew what was.” Jonghyun said as he sat down at the table and started to pick at some of the food on it.

            “I was selling my body so yes I knew what was. So maybe I’m not the best example you should be using for your argument. How did you learn about ?”

            “Hmm… I walked in on Onew having with a girl.” He said nonchalantly as he took a bite of a piece of sausage.

            “Wait seriously?” Key asked wondering if Jonghyun was just pulling his leg out not.

            “Yea. I wanted him to play with me so I went into his room and saw it. He somehow managed to tell me to get out without getting distracted as he continued to into her. I had to be about 12 or 13 at the time.”

            “Wow, well I’m still not having the talk with my baby. So I’ll leave that up to you. I mean I know the technicalities of having with a girl but you actually know what having with one is like. It would be better for you to do it anyway.”

            “Whoa! Who said I wanted to do it?! That’s like the most awkward conversation to ever have in life! Why would I want to do it?!”

            “Then I guess we go with my plan and just keep him sheltered until he’s our age.”

            “He’s going to do it whether we tell him about it or not so we should at least tell him how to be safe.”

            “So are you going to do it?” Key asked staring at him with a smile on his face. He already figured Jonghyun would say no so he would be able to keep his baby innocent.

            “Yea. I’ll do it when I get home from work.”

            “Wait?! Seriously?!”

            “Yea. I mean we have to do it someday and today is just as good a day as ever. So I will just do it later tonight after dinner.”

            “But don’t you think he’s too young?”

            “Key he’s 12. He’s going to be 13 this year. If we wait too long the next thing we’ll know is he will be coming home telling us he got a girl pregnant. Do you know how loose girls are nowadays? I mean it was hard for me to get into one girl’s pants back when we were in school but now everyone just spreads their legs. I mean I’ve gotten hit on by 16 year old trainee’s because they want me to put in a good word for them or so that I can give them a lot of lines in their songs when they debut.”

            “What?! Who hit on you?! Don’t make me have to come down there and smack a !”

            “Key calm down. They’re just little girls and I’ve handled it. Anyway point is we have to have the talk.”

            “Fine. You can give our son the talk but I swear next time one of those hit on you, you better tell me so I can teach that a lesson.”     

            “I feel like you care more about that than our son possibly getting a girl pregnant.”

            “I’ll deal with that if it happens. Plus what makes you so sure he will end up with a girl?”

            “I don’t know. You mentioned him dating a girl first.”

            “Hmm… maybe you should give him both talks.”    

            “Let me try and get through one before I try two. How about that?”

            “Alright you big baby. Only the one. Anyway don’t you have to get going?”

            “Yea. I’ll see you tonight baby.” He said as he leaned in to give Key a kiss. Key wasn’t satisfied with just a small peck so he put his hand behind Jonghyun’s neck and pulled him back into a bruising kiss.

            Key didn’t know what set it off but he wanted Jonghyun and he wanted him now. He didn’t care that they both had work in an hour. He needed him. It was probably the talk about Jonghyun getting hit on by girls that were more than half his age that set Key off. Key finally realized that Jonghyun is around good-looking idols or soon to be idols all day. Any of them could take Jonghyun away from him if Key wasn’t careful so Key had to make sure he stayed number one in Jonghyun’s heart.

            Jonghyun was the one to break the kiss first to breathe. He stared at Key breathless but nonetheless with a smile on his face.

            “What was all that for?” He asked straightening out his clothes again.

Key didn’t say anything. Instead he wrapped both his arms around Jonghyun’s neck again and started kissing him again. It wasn’t as desperate as before but it still held the same amount of passion. Key moved as close as he could to Jonghyun so that there was no space between them. When they broke away for air again Key whispered into Jonghyun’s ear “I want you.”

            Hearing those three words made all of Jonghyun’s blood start heading downwards but he was still confused at where all of this was coming from. They still had , you know after they made sure Changjo was sleeping, but Jonghyun hasn’t seen Key act like this in a long time.

            “Why all of the sudden? You know we both have work soon right?”

            “Yea. Let’s just skip work and have right here.” Key said as he gestured to the kitchen table. Now Jonghyun really knew something was wrong. They would have in plenty of places but the kitchen and obviously Changjo’s room was off limits. Mainly the kitchen though, just the thought of doing it in the kitchen would piss Key off.

            “Key are you ok? You never want to have in the kitchen.”

            “Well we have to do something new every now and again right?”

            “Key…”

Key let out a sigh and looked into Jonghyun’s eyes before speaking.

            “Jonghyun do you still find me attractive?”

            “What?”

            “Do you still find me attractive?! Am I still y like I used to be twenty years ago?!”

            “Holy !”

            “What?!” Key asked wondering why Jonghyun just said that.

            “We’ve known each other for twenty years!”

Once Key heard his answer though he just got pissed off and hit him.

            “You can just tell me if you’re tired of me instead of trying to change the subject!” Key yelled as he turned away from Jonghyun and started to throw some dishes into the sink that needed to be washed. Slowly tears started to fall down his face though as he thought that Jonghyun might have actually lost interest in him.

            Jonghyun walked up behind Key and turned him around so that he could see his face. He was surprised to see Key crying and the only thing that he could think of doing was wrapping his arms around him tightly.

            “Key don’t cry. You know that I love you!” Jonghyun said as ended the hug but kept holding Key’s arms. He took his hands and wiped Key’s tears away and kissed him softly on the lips.

            “Key you are just as breathtaking as the first day that I saw you. Sometimes I can’t believe that I’ve married such a beauty. You have such a feminine yet masculine beauty that no one can ever beat you in my book. When you just pointed out that we’ve been together for 20 years it really did blow my mind. I still feel like that high school kid that was chasing you around for those four days.”

            “Did I really start dating you after four days?”

            “Yep. It’s our anniversary remember? September 8th. Our school started on the 4th and I got you to agree to be my boyfriend on the 8th.”

            “Why do you remember all of that?”

            “Because I love you. You and Changjo are my world and I would never give you guys up. Alright? So don’t worry anymore.”

            “You don’t want any of those young girls that flirt with you?”

            “Of course not! Why would I go to them when I have you and Changjo at home?”

            “I don’t know. Maybe because they could actually give you a kid that’s yours.”

            “Stop that Key. I love Changjo because he is my son. He is the son that I have with you and I don’t need anyone else.”

            “But aren’t…”

Jonghyun kissed Key again to shut him up.

            “I said that I love you and only you. There is no one else so please Key stop doubting my love for you.”

Key looked into Jonghyun’s eyes and saw how serious he was and smiled. Jonghyun really did love him and he was just acting stupid for no reason.

            “Alright. I love you too Jonghyun.” Key said as he planted a kiss on Jonghyun’s lips.

            “Good. Now that that’s settled can we go to work?”

            “Yea.”

With that Jonghyun and Key both walked out of their house hand in hand until they went to their respective cars. Key heading to the salon and Jonghyun heading to his company building. Key was still doing what he does best as the best stylist in the industry while Jonghyun had moved more behind the scenes now.

            He was now one of the main songwriters for his company and a vocal coach. Jonghyun has also been thinking about starting up his own company as well but he wants to wait until Changjo graduates school before doing so. That’s because he doesn’t want to always have to be away from home because he’s too busy.  Jonghyun was really big on family and loved being with his. They always had family dinner every night and Changjo’s friend Changhyun somehow became part of the family dinner.

            That’s because his mother worked 12 hour night shifts as a nurse and she was a single mother. Plus Key couldn’t sleep well at night knowing that Changhyun probably had ramen for dinner. So Key started inviting Changhyun over for dinner and even give him some leftovers so that his mom could have some. Changhyun had basically become like their second child and Changjo’s brother. They both took dance classes together too. There didn’t seem to be anything that they didn’t do together.

            Later that day after Key and Jonghyun got off of work they all had dinner as a family like always along with Changhyun. At the moment Jonghyun was helping Key with the dishes and trying to stall for as long as possible before having the talk with his son. Key knew exactly what he was doing because Jonghyun hated cleaning and would never volunteer to help Key clean anything.

            “So Jonghyun I think it’s about time you go and talk to Changjo.”

            “We haven’t finished the dishes yet though.”           

            “I can handle it.”

            “But…”

            “You wanted to give him the talk and you’re going to give it to him. Now go!” Key said as he pointed a soapy finger towards Changjo’s room. Jonghyun let out a sigh and put the towel down that he was using to dry and headed towards Changjo’s room. Jonghyun knocked on the door before slowly opening it to see Changjo and Changhyun sitting on his bed laughing at something on his computer.

            “Changhyun can you go outside for a moment? I have to talk to Changjo about something.”

They both looked at each other before Changhyun got up and left the room. Jonghyun closed the door behind him and went to sit on the bed next to Changjo.

            “Am I in trouble?”

            “No, you’re not in trouble. I just…” Jonghyun took a deep breath. He couldn’t believe that he was so nervous but he had to do it.

            “I just wanted to talk to you about something.”

            “Alright but why did Ricky have to leave?”

            “Who’s Ricky? You said the same thing earlier.”

            “Duh it’s Changhyun appa. Ricky is his nickname.”

            “Why is that his nickname?”

            “Well because he looks so much younger than he is. A couple of girls just decided to give him a cute nickname and I guess it stuck. Plus our names sound too much alike. It makes it easier just to call him Ricky.”

            “Oh well ok. Anyway what I wanted to talk about was…well have you noticed any changes?”

            “Changes?”

            “Yea. Like with your body.”

            “Well I’m getting taller.”

            “Yea that’s true but umm… I mean with your… your p-pen…Forget it I can’t do this!” Jonghyun got up and opened the door about to head out when he heard Key yell “If you haven’t finished with your talk you’re not allowed to come out here!” Leaving Jonghyun to wonder how he even knew that he didn’t finish it. So he sat back down next to Changjo and calmed his nerves.

            “Appa are you ok?”

            “Yea. Like I was saying have you noticed any changes…down there?” Jonghyun decided it would just be easier to point to the area he was talking about.

This time it was Changjo’s turn to sigh.

            “Appa are you trying to have the talk with me?”

            “Yea…”

            “Well you don’t have to. They already told us about it in school.”

            “Really?”

            “Yea. They told us about our body changes and stuff like that. How when we get older we grow hair down there as well as on our faces, under arms and legs.”

            “Did they tell you about condoms?”

            “No but I know what they are. Some kid brought one to school and showed me and Ricky. I also know that I have to wear one when I have so I don’t get a girl pregnant.” Changjo said most of this as he started flipping through a magazine that was on his bed.

            “So you like girls then.”

At that statement Changjo lowered the magazine and looked at his dad.

            “Would you be mad if I liked girls?”

            “What? No! Why would I be mad?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. Maybe because you and Key appa like boys. So I thought you wanted me to like boys too.”

            “No. You can love whomever you want to love. So do you like girls?”

He shrugged again.

            “I don’t know. They’re ok I guess.”

            “Do you like boys?”

            “They’re ok too…”

            “Well you know what it doesn’t matter the gender of the person you fall in love with as long as you feel like you seriously love that person. I mean I used to date girls before I met your Key appa.”

            “Really?!”

            “Yea and don’t tell him this but I really loved one of them. Her name was Shin Sekyung. She was beautiful and really sweet. I actually considered marrying her.”

            “Why didn’t you then?”

            “Well because no matter how much I loved her I still loved your Key appa more. So I broke up with her and got back together with him. He doesn’t know that I dated a girl after we broke up though so don’t tell him.”

            “Why did you guys break up?”

            “Oh Changjo that’s a whole other story that I will tell you when you’re my age, maybe older.”

            “Come on!”

            “Nuh uh. Now start getting ready for bed.”

            “Can Ricky spend the night?”

            “Are you going to actually sleep if Ricky spends the night?”

            “Come on appa it’s Friday!”

            “Alright fine. He basically lives here anyway.”

            “Yes!”

Jonghyun then left the room and walked back to the kitchen to find Key and Changhyun having a little chat.

            “Changhyun if you want I told Changjo that you can spend the night.”

            “Really?”

            “Yea. Your mom already knows that you stay here a lot so there’s no point in disturbing her at work to let her know. You might just want to head down the block for a change of clothes.”

            “No it’s fine. I will just borrow Changjo’s.”

            “Alright. Well you two boys head to bed soon.” Key stated then.

            “We will. Good night Key hyung. Jonghyun ajusshi.”

Changhyun then went into Changjo’s room.

            “Why did he call me ajusshi and you hyung?!”

            “Because you’re an old man duh!” Key said as he stuck his tongue out at Jonghyun.

            “You’re the one that was begging for this old man’s earlier though.”

            “Shh… don’t talk like that when they can walk out here any second. Anyway did you have the talk?”

            “Yea. He already knew everything though. Apparently they taught it to him in school.”

            “What?! What kind of school are we sending him to?! They shouldn’t be teaching in school!”

            “Calm down Key. At least we know that he knows what to do if he has with a girl.”

            “So he told you he likes girls?”

            “No.”

            “So he likes boys?”

            “No. He likes dancing and hanging out with Changhyun. It seems like Changjo isn’t really looking at people for a relationship right now. He’s just enjoying being a kid.”

Key let out a sigh.

            “That’s good then. I’m glad he’s not growing up too fast.”

            “Yep. Now what were you and Changhyun talking about all this time?”

            “Wouldn’t you like to know?”

            “Actually yes I would.”

            “Well let’s get ready for bed first and then I’ll tell you.”

After Jonghyun and Key were both in their PJ’s and in bed Key started to tell Jonghyun about what he talked to Changhyun about.

            Changhyun left the room and went towards the kitchen because he heard noise and wanted to ask Key something. He sat at the table as Key was just finishing up the dishes. Key noticed him and dried his hands before going over to him.

            “Hey Changhyun. What’s up?”

            “Jonghyun-ssi is talking to Changjo.”

            “Oh yea. Well would you like something to drink?”

            “Can I have water?”

            “Sure.”

Key went and got him a bottle of water before setting it down and sitting next to him.

            “You seem to have something on your mind? Anything I can help you with?”

Changhyun played with the bottle in his hands for a little bit before speaking.

            “H-How do you k-know if you’re g-gay?”

            “Do you think you like a boy?”

He nodded his head. Key just let out a soft sigh before speaking.

            “Well I guess it’s just depends on attraction. I mean you can find someone good looking without wanting to kiss and do other things with them right?”

Changhyun nodded his head.

            “Then you can find someone attractive who you would want to kiss and keep all to yourself. Someone that makes you jealous when other people are around them or flirting with them. If you feel this way about that person then that means you like them.”

            “Does it make me gay though since it’s a boy?”

            “Well have you ever liked a girl?”

            “I don’t know.”

            “How about this. Let’s not put labels on it and just say you have a crush ok. Now is it a boy from school.”

            “Yea…”

            “He must be very cute.”

            “Yea he’s the cutest guy I’ve ever seen. I just want to hug him and never let him go.”

            “You totally like this kid.”

            “Key-ssi…”

            “I said call me hyung.”

            “Key hyung.”

            “Yes.”

Changhyun started to fidget with his hands and seemed extremely nervous. Key was wondering what he was so nervous about.

            “It’s ok you can tell me anything.”

            “Umm… would you be m-mad if I told you it was C-Changjo I liked?”

Key was caught off guard when Changhyun said that he liked Changjo but he soon realized it was Changhyun. Out of anyone that Changjo could date he wouldn’t mind if it was Changhyun.

            “No I wouldn’t. I like you Changhyun and I believe you would treat my baby right if you dated.”

            “O-Ok…”

            “That’s when you came in.” Key said ending the story.

            “So Changhyun has a crush on our son?”

            “Yep.”

            “And you don’t mind him spending the night then?”

            “Nope. I mean Changhyun is too sweet to try anything with Changjo. Did you not hear the story? All he wants to do is hug Changjo forever. He didn’t mention kissing or anything. He’s a very pure boy. If Changjo had to date anyone I would want it to be Changhyun. That is if he likes boys.”

            “Let’s just hope Changhyun isn’t the one that ends up with a broken heart in the end.”

            “It will all work out ajusshi.” Key teased Jonghyun.

            “Yah! Who are you calling ajusshi?!” Jonghyun exclaimed as he started to tickle Key.

They played around for a little bit longer before settling down again to actually get ready for bed.

            “We can’t keep playing like we’re kids. Especially you. You’re going to be 40 soon.”

            “Oh god. Please don’t remind me.” Jonghyun said.

            “Don’t worry I will still love you even when all your hair falls off and you get fat.”

            “Same here.”

            “Who said I was getting old?! I have a fountain of youth in my backyard that’s going to keep me young forever.”

            “Sure whatever you say Mr. Delusional.”

            “Alright you doubt me now. Just wait until you’re all old and wrinkly and I still look like this!”

            “I will rue the day. Anyway let’s sleep now.”

            “Fine. Ajusshi is tired so we must sleep.”

Jonghyun felt like messing with Key again but was actually tired. So he just gave Key a kiss on his forehead before going to sleep with Key in his arms. 


New Chapter! It took me about 5 hours to type but it's done! Someone told me not to do too big of a time jump and they said not to do 8 years or more. Well this was only 7! Lol Anyway Changjo is now 12 and Jonghyun had to have the talk with him, Always awkward. I didn't have the talk until I was 18. By then I already knew about but I let my mom have her moment. Anyway Changhyun also has a crush on Changjo. I wonder if he'll persue it. We just have to wait and see.

~Side Talk~

Me: Welcome to another segment of Side Talk! It's been a couple of years but we're here today with the Jongkey couple and their adorable baby Changjo.

Changjo: I'm not a baby anymore. I'm already 12.

Me: I'm sorry. Do you want a lollipop?

Changjo: No. Key appa who is this crazy lady?

Key: She's just as you said. A crazy lady.

Me: Wow Key you're looking a little old there.

Key: You're looking a little lonely there too. Still no boyfriend?

Me: No, no boyfriend. Husband and daughter yes though.

Key: Wait someone actually married your crazy ?!

Me: Yep Hyeongkon oppa loves me and we ever have an adorable daughter together. I mean mixed babies are always the cutest and she's no exception. 

Key: He's probably ugly.

Me: No he's not! Look

Key: He's...alright I guess. 

Changjo: *Staring* He looks like a bad boy.

Key: *Under breath* He can be my bad boy any day.

Me: What?!

Jonghyun: Yea what?!

Key: What? I didn't say anything. He has ugly blonde hair anyway.

Me: Oh that's an old picture. Here's some newer ones.

Me: You see the way he's moving his hips. That's how our daughter was made.

Changjo: *Stares harder* He dances so ily

Key: Yea I wonder...

Jonghyun: You wonder what?! What are you two thinking looking at these pictures?! Changjo you're too young for boys or girls and Key you're married to me!

Key: *Finally takes his eyes off of pictures* Calm your . I'm just looking God. You know I'm not going to leave you.

Me: Plus he's not gay.

Key: Oh he will be when I finish with...

Jonghyun: KEY!!

Key: Alight calm down. It's just a joke.

Me: *Laughs* Anyway that's the end of this side talk.

Key: Wait don't tell me you brought us all the way down here so you could brag about your husband?!

Me: No I also wanted to see Changjo. Now that I have I'm happy.

Key: Are you serious?!

Me: Yep. Oh wait I think I have a picture of Changjo with me too. Let's see. Ah here it is.

Me: Look how cute you were at your school's talent show.

Changjo: How did you get that?! The talent show was yesterday!

Me: I have my ways. Just don't worry about it. 

Changjo: Key appa I feel like she's stalking me.

Key: I told you she's crazy. Don't worry she's not too dangerous.

Me: Wait I have a picture of your friend Ricky too!

Changjo: How do you know his nickname is Ricky?!

Me: What part of 'I have my ways' did you not understand. Anyway here it is

.

Changjo: No seriously where did you get that?! I took that on my phone and never uploaded it anywhere.

Me: Key your son has a hearing problem. He keeps asking the same question after I've answered it twice.

Jonghyun: Just let it go Changjo. This is normal for this show.

Me: Yep. Now do you want that lollipop I offered you earlier?

Changjo: No you're a crazy stalker!

Me: Oh now that hurt my feelings. And now I'm over it. Anyway that's the end of our segment. I hope you all enjoyed and see you next time.

It was so hard to find a bias that I haven't used/plan to use for this story. But I found Hyeongkon to be my husband! Lol. He's been to the army already too! So no military service for him! Anyway I hope you enjoyed the side talk even though it was more on the tame side. And those pictures of Changjo and Ricky are supposed to be what they look like now. That is all!

~Lolo