Just Let Me Help You

Our Happy Family

“Changjo? Changjo?!!” Key quickly ran over to Changjo and pulled him into his arms. He could tell that his baby had been crying and as soon as Changjo was in his arms he felt him start to cry again. Key pulled away a bit so that he could wipe his tears and tell him it was all going to be all right.

            “Where is he? Where is the guy that did this to Ricky?” Jonghyun said as he looked around the hospital lobby as if Himchan would be there.

            “He’s not here.”

            “And who are you?!” Jonghyun was pissed and he didn’t mean to yell at the stranger but he couldn’t help it. Ricky was like another son to them.

            “It’s ok Jjong appa. That’s Seungho hyung. He’s me and Ricky’s friend. He’s the one that told us something was wrong with Ricky,” Changjo said as kept constantly wiping his tears while he tried to calm himself down again.

            “Changjo where is Ricky’s mother? Does she know what happened yet?” Key asked.

            “Yea, she’s in the room with him now. He can only have one visitor at a time right now but she hasn’t left his bedside since she’s been able to be let in. They say he has a pretty bad concussion and that we just…just have to wait for him to wake up,” Changjo said choking on his words, trying to keep himself from losing it again.

            “It’s ok baby. He’ll be fine. I know he will,” Key said as he hugged Changjo again and Jonghyun looked at his son with sad eyes. They both would’ve never guessed that something like this would’ve happened to Ricky. None of them would. They all thought Himchan was the sweetest guy around and that he really loved Ricky, but it seems like they were all blind to his true nature in the end. They were just lucky enough to have someone like Seungho who cared for Ricky and noticed what was going on soon enough.

            Changjo had really thought that Ricky was dead when he saw him lying on the cold wooden floor not moving. He ran over to his body so fast and just lost when he didn’t notice Ricky’s breathing. Changjo kept yelling at Himchan, telling him that he killed his best friend and at one point even got up and attempted to punch him, but Yongguk stopped him.

            “That’s enough Changjo,” he whispered out.

            “What do you mean that’s enough?! He killed my best friend!! He ing killed him Yongguk!! I at least deserve to beat him to a bloody pulp!!” Changjo screamed trying to get out of Yongguk’s arms until he heard Seungho yell for him to calm down.

            “Changjo! Ricky’s still breathing. We need to get him to a hospital,” Seungho said as he quickly called 119. Changjo freed himself from Yongguk’s grip then and knelt back down next to his friend. He was going to touch him when Seungho said not to move him, that it could make it worse. So all he did was stare at his friend’s lifeless face as they waited for the ambulance to arrive.

            All that could be heard in the room was the sounds of Changjo and Himchan crying as they waited for help. It felt like forever until the EMT’s finally made it there and loaded Ricky onto a stretcher. They watched as they removed him from the room and Seungho and Changjo were ready to follow behind them, but as Changjo started walking out the door he noticed Yongguk didn’t follow him.

            “Hyung are you coming?”

            “You go on ahead Changjo,” he said and Changjo didn’t have time to waste trying to make Yongguk come with him. So he just followed Seungho out to his car as they followed the ambulance to the hospital. Changjo was upset though that Yongguk decided to stay with Himchan instead of coming to comfort him at the hospital while they waited on Ricky’s results but he didn’t dwell on that emotion for long as the only thing he really cared about was knowing if Ricky was going to make it or not.

            After the EMT’s removed Ricky from the apartment a police officer came over to Yongguk and Himchan to question them about what happened. Yongguk hadn’t sat down since arriving to the apartment and he could see his own friend was torn apart by what he did to Ricky and no matter how much he wanted to punch Himchan, he knew he couldn’t do it now, especially not with two police officers in the room.

            “So, I’m just going to ask a few simple questions to try and find out what happened to Mr. Yoo,” the officer started speaking, looking from Himchan to Yongguk. Yongguk could easily tell from the officers’ gaze that he was under the most suspicion at the moment. There he was, standing in the middle of the room, stoic, and not an ounce of emotion on his face, while Himchan stay seated on the floor, soft sobs escaping him throat every now and then. If Yongguk was an officer he would think he was guilty too.

            “It was an accident. They were just…” Yongguk started but soon he was cut off by a loud, no, coming from Himchan.

            “Himchan? What…?”

            “It wasn’t an accident Yongguk!” Himchan said and the police officer glared at Yongguk before crouching down to Himchan’s level to hear what he had to say.

            “If it wasn’t an accident, then what happened? Can you tell us?”

            “I…I pushed him. I didn’t mean to though, I swear!!” Himchan started and Yongguk yelled at him to stop talking.

            “No, I think I want to hear what your friend has to say. Continue,” the officer said.

            “I-I just got so mad. He was talking to that guy and he tried to take the phone from me. We were arguing and I pushed him! He fell and hit his head on the coffee table. I…I thought he would just get up and cry, but he didn’t. He didn’t move…he just laid there and…I’m so sorry,” Himchan repeated again as he looked to the cop, tears still flowing down his cheeks, “I’m really sorry. I honestly love him so much. I never meant to hurt him,” he said and the cop let out a soft sigh before pulling out a pair of handcuffs.

            “What’s your name son?”

            “Kim Himchan.”

            “Kim Himchan, you’re under arrest for the attempted murder of Yoo Changhyun. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say or do can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney…” the cop continued reading Himchan his rights and Yongguk couldn’t stand to see his friend being arrested.

            “Do you seriously have to handcuff him?! He’s not dangerous,” Yongguk said as he finally moved from his spot and walked over to Himchan.

            “I suggest you stay out of it,” the officer said before leading Himchan out of the apartment.

            “Don’t worry Himchan, I’ll get you a lawyer,” Yongguk called out behind him causing Himchan to stop walking.

            “Please don’t Yongguk. Let me just…let me just accept my punishment this time,” was all Himchan said before starting to walk again.

            Yongguk was pissed, he was upset, he was sad and confused. He didn’t know what to do. He wanted to save Himchan because he knew his friend didn’t need to go to prison but he also knew that his friend didn’t want to be saved this time. Yet he couldn’t just let that happen. So he called the lawyer that had settled the previous issues with Himchan and left a voicemail about what happened before heading down to the police station that they had taken Himchan too.

            Once he got there he had to basically bribe a cop so that he could be brought to the cell Himchan was in and talk to him. They didn’t let Himchan out and obviously they wouldn’t let him in so they had to talk through the bars. Himchan was no longer crying but his face had become slightly puffy and was still stained with the tears from earlier.

            “Yongguk…why are you here? I said I didn’t want…”

            “I don’t care what you want Himchan! I’m not going to let you go to jail over this.”

          “I hurt him though Yongguk. He’s in the hospital because of me! Don’t you see?! I don’t deserve to be free!” Himchan exclaimed, slowly working himself up and causing the officers to look towards them.

            “Shh…calm down Himchan. Listen you don’t deserve to be in jail either. You just need help ok and I’m going to help you, but you have to stay in here for tonight. Tomorrow a lawyer will come down here to talk to you, please do not send him away.”

            “Is it the same lawyer from last time?”

            “Yea, so he already knows you and he’s going to help you out. For tonight just try and calm down and be safe ok?” Yongguk said and Himchan nodded his head before reaching his hand out and Yongguk took his hand in his.

            “You know I love you Himchan, right?” Himchan nodded his head and Yongguk kissed the back of his hand causing more tears to fall out of Himchan’s eyes. “Seriously stay safe. I’ll come back tomorrow to see you,” he said before leaving him and leaving the station.

            As he sat in his car he didn’t know if he should go to the hospital or go straight to his apartment and wait for Changjo to come and see him. He thought about maybe texting Changjo to see what he wanted but in the end decided it would just be best if went to the hospital and was there for Changjo. He also wanted to know the condition in which Ricky was in to see how bad it looked for his friend.

            When he arrived at the hospital he had to ask a nurse at the desk where Ricky’s room was but she wouldn’t tell him since he wasn’t family and wasn’t on the list. So he ended up having to text Changjo and soon he saw Changjo and the younger boy ran straight into his arms and started crying all over again. Yongguk rubbed soothing circles on his back and hushed him and once he was calm, Changjo led them to where everyone else was. Yongguk was surprised at first to see Changjo’s parents there but then he realized that they were basically like parent to Ricky too so it would only make sense for them to be there as well. Plus they seemed equally as surprised to see Yongguk there and all comforting to Changjo, but luckily they didn’t seem to question the nature of their relationship at the current moment. Yongguk and Changjo stayed there for another two hours before Changjo’s parents suggested that they all go back to school. Changjo was not happy with that suggestion in the slightest however.

            “How can I just go back to school when Ricky is lying in some hospital bed?!”

            “Changjo please calm down. We know you’re upset but you still need to go to school. Me, your Jjong appa, or Ricky’s mom, will call you if there’s any change, but I don’t want you to completely put your life on hold because of this,” Key said but his words continued to piss Changjo off.

            “Oh I shouldn’t put my life on hold but Ricky’s life has been put on hold because of some and who knows when he’s going to wake up now!!”

            “Exactly! We don’t know when he’ll wake up! It could be tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year, but you can’t sit in this hospital lobby just waiting all the time!” Key yelled back, his emotions also being worn thin since he really did think of Ricky like a son. His heart sank when he got the phone call from Changjo that Ricky was in the hospital and he and Jonghyun raced over as fast as they possibly could so he understood Changjo’s pain but he also knew Changjo couldn’t just stay stagnant because of it.

            Jonghyun gently placed a hand on Key’s shoulder to try and calm him before trying to speak to Changjo himself. “Listen Changjo, we’re not saying don’t be there for Ricky, but we want you to live your life too. You can still come and visit Ricky every day and check and make sure he’s alright, but we want you to still go to school and at least try to focus. We know it won’t be easy, but for us, can you at least try?” Jonghyun said and Changjo slowly nodded his head before getting up and going over to hug his fathers.

            “I’m sorry for yelling. It’s just…”

            “Shh…we understand. Now go back and get some rest ok? You don’t have class for another day right? So you can rest and then come and see how Ricky is doing tomorrow,” Jonghyun said as he looked at Changjo and ruffled his hair slightly to try and cheer him up a bit.

            “I love you Jjong appa, Key appa,” Changjo said as he hugged his fathers again before walking back over to Yongguk.

            “Can you take me back?”

            “Sure,” Yongguk said as he placed an arm over Changjo’s shoulders and led them out of the hospital.

            “So now do you believe me when I say he’s dating someone?” Key said once the other two were gone and Jonghyun let out a soft sigh.

            “Key, this is really not the time.”

            “I know, I know, but I just want to say…I told you so.”

            “Wow…I love how I say this isn’t the time and yet you still said it. Ugh…whatever let’s just go home Key. We can come and check on Ricky tomorrow too,” Jonghyun said before gathering Key’s things and leading them out of the hospital as well, leaving only Seungho in the lobby to wait on Ricky.

 

            “Do you want me to take you to your dorm or…”

            “Just take me to your place hyung…I don’t want to be alone tonight,” Changjo said as Yongguk kept driving towards their campus.

            “Well you wouldn’t be alone at your dorm. I mean your roommate’s there.”

            “Do you not want me to come over anymore?” Changjo asked and Yongguk realized how it must’ve sound by him saying that.

            “No, of course I want you to come over. You know I always want to spend time with you,” Yongguk said trying to smooth over his previous comment, but Changjo didn’t respond and continued to look out of his passenger’s side window.

            When they got to Yongguk’s place, Yongguk showed Changjo where his stuff was and let him take a shower first while started looking through some of his things. He was trying to find anything that could possibly help Himchan out, but to his luck there was nothing, at least nothing he had on him. He knew he could probably get the papers he was looking for by making a few simple phone calls but he would wait until morning to do so, considering that it was so late.

            After Changjo got out of the shower, Yongguk hopped in to take a quick one as well and when he was done he came out and saw Changjo sitting on his bed staring into space. He continued to dry his hair as he walked over to Changjo and slowly sat next to him, trying not to startle the younger male.

            “Changjo? Are you ok?” he asked and Changjo snapped out of his daze and gave him a small sad smile.

            “Ah I didn’t notice you come out of the bathroom,” he said. Yongguk looked at Changjo’s sad face and felt his heart break a little. He didn’t like seeing Changjo looking this down and to know that his best friend is the cause of it hurt him even more. He dropped his towel on the bed and used his hands to take a hold of Changjo’s face before planting a kiss squarely on his lips.

            “Everything’s going to be alright Changjo. Don’t worry so much,” he whispered out against Changjo’s lips. Changjo bit his bottom lip as he pulled away from Yongguk and Yongguk didn’t know what to say to make Changjo feel better.

            “What…What if he never wakes up hyung?” he quietly asked and Yongguk wrapped his arms around his waist pulling him close to him.

            “He’ll wake up. I mean your friend is strong right? Don’t make him out to seem so weak. Plus he’s not going to leave you or his mom behind so easily. So please stop worrying so much. It hurts me to see you hurting like this,” Yongguk said softly as he held Changjo. He slowly moved them so that they could lie down on the bed as he continued to hold Changjo in his arms with Changjo’s head resting against his chest. Changjo grew quiet as Yongguk slowly threaded his fingers through his hair that Yongguk had thought he had fallen asleep and he was about to do the same until Changjo spoke up again. 

            “I just can’t believe it. Himchan…he was always so nice to Ricky. He took care of him and looked out for him and Ricky really loved him you know. I would’ve never thought that he would’ve done something as horrible as this to him…” Changjo trailed off and Yongguk let out a soft sigh.

            “Sometimes people just have trouble expressing their love for others. They become a little too obsessed and end up hurting the ones they hurt the most,” Yongguk said and Changjo raised his head off of Yongguk’s chest and stared at him.

            “Do you think Himchan really loved Ricky?”

            “I know he did and still does love Ricky,” Yongguk said before placing a short kiss on Changjo’s lips once again, “Sleep now Changjo. It won’t make you feel any better to keep thinking about it.”

            “Yea, you’re right,” Changjo said as he snuggled back up against Yongguk and they both slowly fell asleep.

           

            “Did you get my message? Alright and you’re going to see him now? Good, I know there’s a way that we can help Himchan.”

            Hmm…Himchan? Who wants to help Himchan? Changjo thought to himself as the sounds of someone talking slowly roused him from him peaceful slumber.  He slowly opened his eyes, letting them adjust to the light and looked to where the noise was coming from. His eyes landed on Yongguk standing over by his window as he spoke to someone on the phone about Himchan apparently.

            “Yea I know he doesn’t deserve jail time, he needs mental help if anything…but if we bring up the fact that he’s done this before won’t it weaken his case?”

            Wait…what? He’s done this before. Changjo was now sitting up in the bed staring at Yongguk’s back as he tried to make sense of what he was hearing.

            “Fine, fine. You’re the lawyer, but you better know what you’re doing for all the money I’m paying you and…” Yongguk turned around and saw Changjo sitting up in the bed staring at him, “and I’m going to call you back later,” he said quickly ending the phone conversation before walking over to Changjo. Changjo was less than happy with what he had just heard however and didn’t want to be near Yongguk, so he got up out of the bed and started looking for some casual clothes to wear.

            “Changjo? What are you doing? Are you leaving already?”

            Changjo refused to answer him as he focused on getting dressed and gathering his things, but soon he felt a hand on his shoulder and quickly moved away from it.

            “Don’t touch me.”

            “Changjo, what’s wrong? Did I do something? Why are you upset?” Yongguk asked him confused and Changjo couldn’t take it anymore. He threw the stuff he was holding onto the floor before turning around to face Yongguk, tears threatening to leave his eyes.

            “You knew.”

            “I knew what? What are you talking…?”

            “You ing knew that Himchan was violent but you never told me! You never told anyone did you?!” Changjo yelled out and Yongguk took a step back realizing that Changjo heard a lot more of the conversation than he wanted him to hear.

            “Changjo, you don’t understand.”

            “What don’t I understand Yongguk? That Himchan has hurt people before and that instead of getting some ing help he decided to just stay crazy and you let that crazy idiot date my best friend. All while knowing what could happen to him! You basically set Ricky up to be killed!!” Changjo screamed at Yongguk, tears now streaming down his face but he was too upset to wipe them away.

            “Please Changjo, calm down. First of all Himchan is not crazy. He just…he just has a couple of problems. Also I didn’t tell you because honestly it was none of your business and I figured that Himchan would tell Ricky when he felt comfortable enough too, plus he had gotten better and…”

            “Really? He got better?” Changjo said as he crossed his arms across his chest and glared at Yongguk. “If Ricky being unconscious in a hospital bed is him getting better then I don’t want to know what Ricky would be like if he wasn’t “better.” What did he do to the other guys? Kill them?!”

           “That’s enough Changjo!!” Yongguk yelled at him, tired of hearing Changjo speak of Himchan in such a way, “You don’t know anything about Himchan, yet here you are judging him like you’re any better than him!”

            “Oh you’re right. I’m not better than him. I go on mass murdering sprees once a month, you know just for fun,” Changjo said sarcastically.

            “Shut up Changjo. Seriously just shut the up for three seconds, because all you’re doing is spouting nonsense!”

            “At least I didn’t lie to my boyfriend and basically set his best friend up to get hurt! Himchan doesn’t need help; he needs to be put away for a long time! So that he’s not around normal people and can’t hurt people that he so call “loves” anymore,” Changjo said as he started picking up the things he dropped before so that he could leave Yongguk’s apartment, but as he was about to walk away from Yongguk, he was stopped by  a hand on his arm.

            “Let me go Yongguk.”

            “No, I don’t want you to leave while you’re mad,” he said but Changjo refused to turn around and look at him.

            “Well I have nothing else to say to you right now, so let me go.”

            Yongguk let out a soft sigh as he released Changjo’s arm. “Can I at least drive you back to your dorm?”

            “I’ll walk,” he said before walking out of Yongguk’s apartment, leaving the older male alone now trying to solve two problems and leaving Changjo more broken down than when he first found out Ricky was hurt.

            How could he lie to me? How could he not tell me that his friend was dangerous? Then at least I could’ve paid a little bit more attention to Ricky. I could’ve caught it sooner so that maybe…maybe he wouldn’t be in that hospital bed right now.


Ok I decided to give you the chapter to you guys earlier than I planned, be happy, my brain is wiped now though so idk when I will update next. So don't get used to these fast and timely updates lol

~Lolo

PS. Sorry for scaring you guys, not really, I enjoy your pain