Running Into People

Our Happy Family

Ok everyone here's the next chapter! Also read everything under the cut at the end of this chapter please. Took me an hour to do all of that. Or at least skim it! Also Lee Michelle released her MV today! Go watch that !!


Jonghyun was currently sitting on the couch watching a drama, while Key was doing the dishes after having just finished clearing the table. The house was unusually quiet and Key wasn’t sure if he liked it or not just yet. After he finished the dishes an idea popped into his head. He quickly dried off his hands and snuck his way over to Jonghyun before plopping himself in Jonghyun’s lap.   

            “HOLY KEY! You scared me!” Jonghyun said as he clutched his chest and Key just laughed at him.

            “I’m sorry. Did I scare the old man? You’re not going to go and have a heart attack are you?” Key said still laughing and Jonghyun pushed him off of his lap onto the couch.

            “Yea, yea. Why did you do that anyway?”

            “I’m bored and I figured that we could do something together that would entertain the both of us,” Key said as he straddled Jonghyun’s lap again before leaning in to place kisses on his neck. Jonghyun pushed him away though and got up from the couch.

            “I’m really not in the mood to have tonight Key. I’m tired and had a long day at work. I was just going to finish this show, shower, and then go to bed,” Jonghyun said as he used the remote to turn off the TV.

            “What?! The Kim Jonghyun is not in the mood to have ?! What kind of blasphemy is this?! I have to call Changjo and let him know that you’re not in the mood for !” Key said as he pulled out his phone and pretended to call Changjo. Jonghyun simply shook his head and walked to their bedroom, with Key following.

            “You’re ridiculous Key. You act like I’m in the mood to have all the time.”

            “Are you saying that you’re not? Because I assumed that you were,” Key stated as he sat on the bed and crossed his legs while he watched Jonghyun undress to get in the shower.

            “Well I’m not. How about we go on a nice date this weekend and then maybe afterwards we can spend the rest of the evening in bed.”

            “What makes you think I’ll be in the mood then?”

            “Trust me, you’ll be in the mood,” Jonghyun said as he winked at Key before heading into the bathroom and Key stuck his tongue out at Jonghyun’s back. Then he laid back on the bed, once again immersed in his boredom.

            While Key laid on his bed bored, Changjo laid in his bed freaking out. He couldn’t believe that not only did Yongguk go to the same school as he did, but he was his freaking TA as well! He didn’t know if his life could get any worse by this point. Changjo was just happy and upset that Yukwon wasn’t back yet because he needed someone to vent too but he also didn’t want to vent to Yukwon, not just yet, since he didn’t feel like they had reached that point in their relationship yet.

            “Ricky! I’ll call Ricky!” Changjo decided as he quickly dug at his phone and dialed his best friend’s number. It rang a couple of times before he heard a sleepy ‘yoboseyo’ come out of his friend’s mouth.

            “Were you sleeping Ricky? It’s only 6:30.”

            “Uh…yea. School wore me out today. How was your first day?” Ricky asked trying to get the topic off of him as he removed himself from under Himchan’s arms to leave the room so that he wouldn’t wake the other boy up from their phone conversation

            “It was horrible! Well…it wasn’t that bad, but Ricky you won’t believe who goes here!!”

            “Yongguk,” Ricky said nonchalantly.

            “Yong…wait how did you know?”

            “Himchan told me he went there after I told him that you and I got into that school,” Ricky said as he the TV, lowered the volume, and started flipping through channels looking for something good to watch,

            “And why didn’t you tell me this?! I could’ve went to another school!”

            “That’s why I didn’t tell you, because you would choose to go to another school. Changjo you got into the top school in the country, I wasn’t going to let you go to a lower school just because Yongguk goes there.”

            Changjo scoffed. “Yet you also got into this school and instead are going to some crappy school because Himchan told you to.”

            “Himchan didn’t tell me to do anything. I told you I couldn’t go to SNU because of money.”

            “So do you plan on transferring here next year after you save up some money?”

            “Huh? No, why would I do that. I could lose my credits and…”      

            “That’s what I thought.”

            “Alright, if you’re going to be an , I’m going to hang up,” Ricky said becoming irritated with his friend’s attitude.

            “NO!” Changjo let out a soft sigh, “I’m sorry Ricky. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that not only does Yongguk go here but he’s also the teacher’s assistant for my composition class!”

            “Really?!”

            “Yea! He even pulled me over to him when class was over and ugh…Ricky why did I ever date him?!”

            “Because you were young and stupid?”

            “Hey! I wasn’t stupid! But point is, there’s no way to avoid him! For a whole semester, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I’m going to have to see him!”

            “Well maybe you guys could resolve your issues and be civil with each other for a semester.”

            “Yongguk! Being civil?! You do know who we’re talking about right?! He asked me how my tight little was today!” Changjo emphasized and just in that very moment Yukwon walked into the room and was staring at him with wide eyes.

            I’m going to go. He mouthed out before walking back out of the room and Changjo didn’t want to do anything else besides climbing into a whole and never coming back out.

            “Changjo? CHANGJO!” Ricky screamed to get Changjo’s attention and Changjo quickly remembered he was still on the phone.

            “Ah, yea.”

            “You didn’t hear anything I said did you?”

            “No, sorry. My roommate just waked in and he heard me say how Yongguk asked about my . I think he officially thinks I’m weird now.”

            “Oh, well that but yea, I can’t believe Yongguk asked you that in class. It sounds like this is going to be a rough semester for you.”

            “Thanks Ricky, you’re oh so helpful,” Changjo said sarcastically.

            “You’re welcome, but I have to go now. Himchan will be waking up soon and I have to make dinner. So I’ll talk to you later.”

            Before Changjo could respond Ricky had already hung up the phone. He stared at his now beeping phone and he couldn’t believe that Ricky really hung up on him.

            Maybe I can just avoid him. Sit in the back of the classroom and leave before he can stop me. Changjo thought to himself and he was somehow able to convince himself that it wouldn’t be that bad.

            About an hour later, while Changjo was working on some reading for class, Yukwon came back into the room and Changjo could feel his heart race out of embarrassment. However, Yukwon didn’t say anything. He simply sat at his desk, pulled out his books, and started on his homework. At first Changjo was grateful. That was until the silence became too unbearable that he had to speak up.

            “Umm…hyung. About earlier…”

            “What about it? I just happened to walk in at the wrong moment. Never listen to a conversation out of context, it’s always weird,” Yukwon laughed and Changjo let out of forced chuckle.

            “You left though so I thought…”

            “You just looked frazzled so I wanted to give you some alone time on the phone. Is everything ok? You seem better now.”

            “Oh yea. Everything’s fine hyung. Just was feeling a little homesick,” Changjo lied. He didn’t want to tell Yukwon what happened because he didn’t want him to find out that he was gay, not just yet.

            “It will pass. Just have to get used to being away from home. Make some friends, maybe even join a club to take you mind off home.”

            “I’ll think about it. Are you joining anything hyung?” Changjo asked as he sat up on his bed to fully face Yukwon.

            “I don’t know yet. We’ll see. I was thinking of waiting a semester, to get adjusted to classes and stuff, before joining any clubs,” Yukwon said as he continued to work on his homework.

            “That makes sense…” Changjo trailed off starting to think about what clubs he could possibly join if he did decide to, but was quickly brought back by the next words that came out of Yukwon’s mouth.

            “Or you could get yourself a girlfriend. They always keep you busy,” Yukwon started to laugh and Changjo had to force another laugh out, awkwardly agreeing with him.

            “Yea, that’s true. I don’t think I want to be in a relationship anytime soon though. My last one…well let’s just say it didn’t end too well.” 

            “Oh, I’m sorry. Anyway how about we turn in for the night? We do have a 10:30 class tomorrow.”           

            “You can go to bed first hyung. I’m going to stay up a little while longer and try to get some more reading done. I’ll just turn on my desk lamp so you can turn off the other lights.”

            “Alright, see you in the morning Changjo.”

            “Yep, sleep well hyung.”

            When morning came Changjo was regretting staying up until 2am trying to get ahead on his readings for class. Even though it was only the first day, he wanted to start off right and have a good GPA his first semester. Luckily he only had two classes today and there was a two hour and fifteen minute gap between them, so after his music history class he went back to his dorm to sleep. At least that’s what he thought he was going to do, because thirty minutes into his nap his phone started to ring. Changjo searched for it lazily and answered with a sleepy ‘yoboseyo.’

            “Changjo? Were you sleeping? Shouldn’t you be in class right now?” Changjo heard his Key appa’s voice ring out loud and clear through the phone and he let out a soft sigh.

            “I have a break in between my two classes today and why did you call me if you think I was in class anyway?”

            “Well, I thought you might have a small break but…forget it! Anyway how are you? How was your first day of classes?”

            “They were good appa. My classes don’t seem too hard, just a lot of reading to do.”

            “Really? Well you’ll do fine, but don’t slack on your homework just because it’s reading. I don’t want you failing after we spent all that money to send you there!”

            “I know appa, I know.”

            “How’s your roommate? Do you like him? Is he nice?”

            “Yea, we’ve hung out a little bit and we share two classes. He’s a dance major as well,” Changjo told Key while yawning, really wanting to get back to his nap and not be on the phone with his father.

            “Well that’s good! Anyway, I just wanted to call and check in with you. You should call me more often by the way!”

            “Appa it’s been four days!”

            “Four days too many!! But make sure you eat and bathe well and I’ll talk to you later.”

            “Ok, bye appa,” Changjo then hung up the phone, laid his head back done and drifted off back to sleep.

            When he woke up, he looked at his phone and realized that he woke up too late. He only had ten minutes until his class started and it was all the way across campus. So he quickly hopped out of bed, grabbed his backpack, threw his sneakers on, and ran to class. He was nearing the building and looked down to his watch to see that he still had two minutes.

            Maybe I won’t be late after all. He thought before he found himself staring up at the sky. He had run into someone and he ran into them so hard that they knocked him clean on his back.

            “…” he hissed out as he rubbed the back of his head.

            “Oh God, are you ok. I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you there.” The other person said as they held their hand out to help Changjo up.

            “Yea, I’m fine. It’s my fault too. I wasn’t watching where I was…going,” Changjo hesitated once he saw who had knocked him down. He slowly took the person’s hand and tried not to stare too hard because he was gorgeous.

            “Are you sure? It looked like you hit your head. Maybe you should go to the health center to get it looked at.”

            “I’m sure. I have a hard head, so that little fall wouldn’t hurt,” he said as he knocked on his head and winced at the stupid decision when he realized just how much it hurt.

            “Ok. At least let me make it up to you for knocking you down. I’ll buy you lunch, that’s where I was heading anyway.”

            Changjo was about to take him up on his offer when his stomach growled but then he remembered that he was on his way to class and looked at his watch again.

            “, I’m late. I’m sorry but can we postpone that. I’m actually on my way to class,” he said as he started to walk backwards to the building. The other guy quickly pulled out a piece of paper and wrote something down on it.

            “Text me when you’re free then.”

            “Alright I will,” Changjo quickly took the paper and ran off to class only to receive dirty looks from everyone, including the professor for being late.

            When the class ended Changjo went back to his dorm room and was sitting on his bed staring at the number that the other guy had given him. He didn’t know if he should text him or not. Changjo wanted to because he was so cute, but he didn’t want to get his hopes up if the guy was not gay.

            He could just be a genuinely nice guy and want to treat me as a friend. Changjo thought to himself as he held his phone open, trying to decide whether to add the number or not. Soon Yukwon walked in the room and saw Changjo deep in thought. Changjo was so deep that he hadn’t even noticed his presence in the room. So Yukwon decided to sneak his way over to the younger boy and see what had him thinking so hard. Once he saw the phone number he snatched it up and started to laugh.

            “You got a girls number today Changjo?! Boy you move fast. It’s only the second day of classes and you already got someone’s number,” Yukwon said waving it around.

            “Hey!! Give it back!” Changjo said as he got off the bed and snatched it back from his roommate.           

            “What’s the big deal? Just call her. Obviously if she gave you her number, she’s interested in you.”

            “I’m just not sure. They may just want to be friends and I don’t want to embarrass myself…”

            “Well you won’t know until you call her!”

            Changjo figured that Yukwon was right. So he quickly added the number to his phone under the name “maybe?” and sent a text to the other man.

To Maybe?:

            Hey, it’s me the boy you knocked down today? Well I’m free tomorrow after 3:20 if you want to get lunch then.

            Changjo took a deep breath before sending the message and quickly threw his phone on the bed while Yukwon laughed at him.

            “You’re acting like this would be your first date.”

            “It’s not a date and if it was it would be my first one in about three years, so yea. It kind of feels that way. The other person I dated used to call all the shots so this is weird for me.”

            “Were they older?”

            Changjo nodded his head. “By about four years.”

            “Oh so you like noonas. Is this girl older?”

            “I don’t know. I guess I’ll find out when they text me back.”

            Soon Changjo’s phone vibrated and he felt his heart race in his chest, but when he picked it up it was only Ricky sending him a picture message of a kitten that apparently he and Himchan bought today. Changjo quickly responded saying that it was cute and then put his phone back down.

            “What did she reject you?”

            “No, it was my best friend Ricky,” Changjo said as he quickly picked up his phone again when it vibrated but once again it was another message from Ricky. Yukwon noticed his smile drop again and couldn’t help but laugh some more.

            “You’re so jumpy. It’s really funny.”

            “Shut up hyung!”

            Changjo didn’t actually receive a text from the other man until almost 8o’clock at night. They texted back and forth a couple of times before they realized they had class in the same building around that time and the other man said he would pick Changjo up after his class let out. On the inside, Changjo was ecstatic, but he refused to show it on the outside because he didn’t want Yukwon laughing at him again.

            By time Changjo got to his last class the next day, he completely forgot that Yongguk was his TA until he saw him in class. His mind had been so wrapped up in the other man and how he should act while they were at lunch that Yongguk had been the furthest thing from his mind. When he saw him though, he decided to go with his plan. So he sat in furthest seat in the back corner and took notes from there. The only problem with that plan was that when the class ended, he wasn’t able to leave the room a quickly as he would’ve liked and Yongguk caught him right outside of the classroom.    

            “Why are you always in such a rush to leave this class? It’s not because of me is it?” Yongguk said with a smirk as he held onto Changjo’s wrist. Changjo yanked his wrist out of his grasp, before looking down the hall to see if the other boy was coming.

            “No of course not. I just love be around my ex-boyfriend who likes to have with my sister, knock her up, and then never pay any kind of child support or anything, most of this while we were still dating or whatever you want to call what we did three years ago,” Changjo said before starting to walk down the hall but Yongguk quickly grabbed him again.

            “Whoa, whoa, whoa. I didn’t get anyone pregnant, let alone your sister,” Yongguk whispered the last part out. He didn’t need the whole world thinking he got some girl pregnant.

            “Sure you didn’t…” Changjo looked down the hall again and saw the man he was supposed to meet up with and turned back to Yongguk with a smirk, “Looks like my date is here though.”

            “Hey, sorry I’m a little late. My class got out late, but I didn’t want to keep you waiting. It seems you were talking to a friend though. Is he joining us for lunch?”

            “No he’s…”

            “First off I’m his boyfriend,” Yongguk said putting an arm around Changjo’s shoulder protectively and Changjo shrugged him off.

            “EX. You’re my EX boyfriend. And no he’s not joining us, so let’s go.” As they walked away from Yongguk, Changjo felt his phone vibrate and he checked it to see he had a text from an unknown number.

From 010-xxxx

            Meet me in this classroom at six tonight. We need to talk.

            Changjo turned back around to see Yongguk staring at him and he looked back at the text. What could they have to talk about was the only question running through his mind as he reread the text. He figured he would find out later tonight. 


Ok here's your new chapter! I saw the poll and most of you said it doesn't matter or just to continue it here, but I'm thinking of making a new story for this college arc for Changjo, since it will have like no Jongkey in it (just like this whole damn story, I'm horrible I know) and then bring it back here when he graduates and there will be more Jongkey. Then I'm like that will be too confusing and most of you would probably hate that. Welp, expect this to be at least 60 chapters then. I'm sorry, if you want to unsubscribe and give up on this story because you feel like it's never going to end, I understand. There's just so much that needs to be done, that I can't just wrap this up in another 5 chapters and be happy with myself. I hope you guys understand. But I'm going to give you all a little gift!  

And yes I will take your questions for future side talks if you want to offer them again. People always ask everytime I bring the side talk back. I can't promise you they'll be in the next chapter, but I'll write them all down and whenever I do the next side talk, they'll happn.

~Side Talk~

Me: Hey guys, so I'm back with another season of Side Talks! I've been brought back by my PD constantly calling my ing phone and not leaving me alone and *sighs* point is I'm back and at double my already tripled salary. So point is I'm making bank.

Key: So are you ever going to introduce us or are you going to keep talking? And what the hell is "bank?" Speak properly.

Me: Oh I'm sorry? Does my AAVE offend you? Well off and it means I'm getting money!

Key: I'm sorry, I forgot that you were a broke .

Me: The only one about to be broke is you when I break your arms Key, don't start with me. I am too old to be dealing with your bull. 

Key: Sorry, I forgot that you're such an old lady. What are you forty?

Me: 39 acutally and you're 41 so guess who's older. Oh yea you.

Jjong: For christs sakes both of you shut the up and Lolo can you get to the ing point of the show!

Me: It's nice to see you too Jonghyun. Also nice to see you've finally grown some balls. Anyway, for today's show we have the JongKey couple, Ricky, Changjo, and Himchan. I actually don't know why Himchan is here. I didn't invite him. 

Ricky: He wanted to come with me so I told him he could! 

Himchan: *Takes Ricky's hand into his* Yea, I can't let my baby come onto this show by himself. Who knows what would happen to him.

Me: Whatever. Anyway, Changjo how is college going? I heard you ran into an old friend.

Changjo: Friend is the furthest thing that he is to me. More like .

Key: Who did you run into? Someone from your school? Is he being mean to you Changjo?!

Me: More like ually harassing you *laughs*

Key: WHAT?!!! Do I have to come up there Changjo?!

Changjo: No appa! Lolo is just making up!

Me: Yah! Don't curse!

Key: Don't tell my baby what he can and can't do! *Hits Changjo's head* Don't curse!

Jjong: Jesus why do we still come on this show?

Me: Because you love me!

Key: *Scoffs* Yea, right.

Me: Moving on, Ricky how is living with Himchan? I heard you got a kitten.

Ricky: Yea we did! Do you want to see a picture?! *Gets ready to take the picture out*

Me: Nah I'm good. I don't actually care that much. What I do care about is when you plan on going back to school?

Changjo, Key, and Jjong: *In unison* WHAT?!!

Changjo: What is she talking about Ricky?! Are you not going to school?!

Ricky: No! I am going to school! *Glares at me* I don't know what she's talking about.

Me: Oh my bad. How did that question get mixed up in there. That's for another time.

Key: What do you mean that's for another time?

Me: You'll find out when that time comes. Now, Jonghyun, Key, how is your life after Changjo went away?

Changjo: Ok! That is something that I do not want to hear about!

Me: Cover your ears then, because I'm curious.

Key: Well why don't you ask Jonghyun who is too "tired" to do it.

Me: *Gasps* Jonghyun! THE Kim Jonghyun is too tired for ?! What kind of madness is this?!

Key: That's what I said.

Jjong: Listen, I'm not some type of bunny or something that wants to have all the time! Plus Key and I are getting older. Why can't we just go on nice dates that don't always lead to us ing each others brains out?

Me: Because that's boring.

Jjong: I don't care what you think.

Key: She's right though Jonghyun.

Jjong and Me: *Gasps*

Me: I'm right?! Oh my God is this going to be the year that hell freezes over?! Key agreeing with me?!

Changjo: What's the big deal? It's not like Key appa hates you right?

Me: Oh poor baby Changjo. You need to go watch old episodes of this show and then you will understand.

Key: NO! Never, ever watch old episodes of this ing show!!

Me: Anyway, I just have one last question for Changjo. Who is this mystery guy? We're all dying to know. Is he really that hot?

Changjo: Yea, he is. I guess we'll all find out after I actually have lunch with him.

Key: Guy? You have a guy? Changjo I don't know if I want you dating in school. You should focus on your studies and...

Me: Blah blah blah. Go give him a life lesson at home! This show is over.

Key: did you just ing cut me off?!

Jjong: Key, seriously just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

Key: you Jonghyun. 

*Key, Jjong, and Changjo all leave the studio with Key still cursing under his breath*

Himchan: You didn't have anything to ask me?

Me: I didn't ing invite you here!! So you can leave too! Unless you want to answer this question: Why are you being such an overprotective brain-washing jerk to Ricky?!

Himchan: Ok Ricky let's go.

Me: Finally! Everyone get out! I swear I'm too old for this. Anyway, until next time....if there is a next time. I need a drink.

 

Ok I brought the side talk back!  One of my readers: NiaLuv19, asked me to bring it back and I did! See! If you guys actually comment I listen to you and sometimes even take your suggestions for my stories (one of the reasons this has gotten so damn long because I keep changing the direction I want to take this in!) Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed. 

Also here is Changjo's roommate Yukwon:

I said his hair was light brown but now this look almost blond. I don't know my colors ok, but this is what he looks like now!!

Also one more thing. I'm giving you guys a lot but just bare with me. This is my age chart that I use to keep up with . The year is currently 2037 and there are also some blank spaces but ages for characters that haven't been introduced. They're in my chart but I can't show them to you just yet. How old do you think the guy Changjo ran into is? He might be in the chart, he might not be. Who knows. I also deleted Taemin, Onew and the gang out because it made the chart too big. If you're curious of their ages for whatever reason I can tell you.

*Also I highlighted the row of the year it is for you to make it easier*

 

2012

2016

2022

2033

2034

2035

2036

2037

2038

Key

16

20

26

37

38

39

40

41

42

Jonghyun

17

21

27

38

39

40

41

42

43

Changjo

-

-

3

14

15

16

17

18

19

Ricky

-

-

3

14

15

16

17

18

19

Yongguk

-

1

7

18

19

20

21

22

23

Himchan

-

1

7

18

19

20

21

22

23

Bomi

-

Just Born

6

17

18

19

20

21

22

Taekwoon

-

Just Born

6

17

18

19

20

21

22

 

 

 

4

15

16

17

18

19

20

U-Kwon

 

 

4

15

16

17

18

19

20

 

 

 

6

17

18

19

20

21

22

 

 

 

3

14

15

16

17

18

19

 

 

 

4

15

16

17

18

19

20

 

 

 

6

17

18

19

20

21

22

 

 

 

6

17

18

19

20

21

22

 

 

2

8

19

20

21

22

23

24

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok now I'm done!

~Lolo