An Old Friend

Our Happy Family

“Insoo? What are you doing here?” Key asked after inviting him in. They were sitting on his couch, dinner at the moment forgotten. Insoo gave Key a smile before placing his hand on his leg.

            “You look like you haven’t aged a day,” Insoo said as he squeezed Key’s thigh lightly. Key placed his hand on top of Insoo’s before asking him again.

            “What are you doing here?”

            “I wanted to see you of course.”

            “Where’s Gunwoo? He didn’t want to come?”

            Insoo’s hand tensed up before he lowered his hand off of his leg. We’re not together anymore.”

            “What? Hyung, what happened?”

            “It was my fault but anyway is this Changjo?” Insoo turned his attention to Changjo, who was still in the living room, and smiled at him. “You’ve gotten a lot bigger than the last time I saw you.”

            Changjo looked him up and down before focusing his attention in on Insoo’s hand that was back on his appa’s thigh. He didn’t know who this guy was but didn’t like the way he was looking at his appa.

            “Who is this guy appa?” Changjo asked, annoyance clear in his voice.

            “Changjo, go to your room. Hyung and I have to talk.”

            Changjo didn’t move and continued to stare Insoo down.

            “Changjo…” Key said sternly and this time Changjo got up reluctantly and went into his room but he left the door open so that he could hear what they were talking about.

            Once Changjo was out of sight, Key turned back to Insoo, removed his hand from his leg, and held it in his own.

            “Hyung? When did this happen?”

            “The divorce was finalized a couple of days ago. I’ve just moved out and thought of you. Glad you didn’t change you address.”

            Key slowly realized that Insoo wasn’t going to say anymore about what happened with Gunwoo so he let it go.

            “Do you want to stay for dinner?” Key asked.

            “Sure. Jonghyun won’t mind your ex being here though?”

            “He better not. You may be my ex but you’re also my friend! So you’re staying!” Key exclaimed with a smile on his face, trying to lighten the mood.

            Changjo heard what his appa said too and that made him dislike Insoo even more. For some reason, Changjo just didn’t trust him, especially now that he knew that they used to date.

            “I guess I’m staying.” Insoo said with a smile as Key went back into the kitchen to start getting dinner ready again. Once dinner was done, he started setting the table. Everything was just about set up when his phone vibrated. He left it alone until he was finished, since he knew it was only a text, and once he was done, he went to check his message. It was from Jonghyun.

Jjong:

            Hey Key. I’m sorry and please don’t be mad but I’m going to miss dinner tonight. I’ll be home around 11. Don’t wait up.

Key let out a sigh and shook his head. He was used to this now since Bomi was set to debut in a couple of days.

Key:

            Ok, don’t work too hard.

All of the sudden Key felt arms around his waist as he sent the message. He jumped but calmed down once he remembered that Insoo was here.

            “Is dinner ready yet?” Insoo asked as he looked over Key’s shoulder to try and see what he was doing. “Who are you texting?”

            Key turned around in Insoo’s arms and took a step back so that they weren’t too close. “Yes, and Jonghyun. He said he’ll be late.”

            “Oh, so are we going to postpone dinner for a little bit?”

            Key shook his head. “No, he’s coming back around 11. So we might as well just eat now.”

            “Yea.” Insoo didn’t move his arms though until they heard Changjo clear his throat behind them.

            “Are we going to eat?” Changjo asked, annoyed with what he was seeing. That guy had no right to touch his appa like that and he was going to let them know how he felt about it.

            Key quickly realized the position he was in though and removed Insoo’s arms from his body.

            “Did you wash your hands?”

            “Yea.”

            “Alright, go to the table. I’m coming soon.” Key said. Changjo grimaced at Insoo again before going to the table.

            The other two followed him soon. During dinner key and Insoo simply caught up with each other’s lives. While Changjo tried to ignore the fact that they were practically flirting with each other, or at least Insoo was flirting with his appa. After dinner was over Key broke out his hidden bottle of wine and poured a glass for him and Insoo.

            “Key appa, where’s Jjong appa?” Changjo thought that this guy was going to leave after dinner but the fact that it was ten o’clock and he was still here upset him; especially since his Jjong appa wasn’t home yet.

            “He’s working late. Now go get ready for bed. You have school tomorrow.”

            “What about him? Is he staying?” Changjo asked as he pointed at Insoo.

            “Changjo! Don’t be rude. Now go to bed.” Changjo huffed but went to his room nonetheless.

            “I don’t think your son likes me very much.” Insoo said as he went to sit on the couch in the living room, Key following suit.

            “He just likes going against anything I say. Here” Key handed Insoo his glass and Insoo took a sip.

            “You’re still dinking the same type of wine.”

            “It’s my ‘special juice’ after all but I don’t drink it as much anymore. Jonghyun doesn’t like me drinking.”

            “Yea, you tended to get a little crazy when you drank.”

            “I wasn’t that bad!” Key exclaimed as he continued to drink his glass.

            They drank until most of the bottle was gone; Key having drunk most of it. To the point where he was drunk and Insoo was only slightly tipsy.

            “Insoo! What is your secret?” Key asked, slightly slurring his words.

            “What secret?”

          “You still look so young and hot, yet you’re older than me. Then I’m here looking so old with a teenage son!” Key exclaimed, slowly losing control of his thoughts and actions.

            “Key, you’re still beautiful. So very beautiful,” Insoo whispered out as he moved closer to Key on the couch.

            “You’re lying to me. I’m so old now. Did you know at one point in my life I had so many guys after my and now I only have one that rather be at work than with me,” Key rambled on.

            “Key, those guys didn’t love you though. They only saw you as a e, but I’ve never seen you as someone that was there to only give me pleasure when I needed it,” Insoo said as he moved closer and slowly wrapped his arms around Key’s waist.

            “Insoo…” Key lifted his hands and fisted Insoo’s shirt by his shoulders as he noticed how close they had become. He looked from Insoo’s eyes down to his lips and back up, hoping that Insoo didn’t notice him staring at his lips. Insoo did notice though and he took the chance to connect their lips. Key was caught off guard but slowly closed his eyes and began to kiss him back. Insoo couldn’t believe that Key was kissing him back but he pulled his smaller body closer to his until Key was sitting in his lap, before slowly sliding his tongue into Key’s mouth.

            Key lost himself in Insoo’s touch. Insoo was always a good kisser and he seemed to remember all of Key’s sensitive areas as he moved his mouth from Key’s mouth to his neck. Key started to let out low moans but everything stopped when they heard the slam of a door. Key felt like a bucket of ice cold water had been thrown right on his face as he stood up, a little too quickly since he almost fell over, from Insoo’s lap. Insoo quickly got up and took a hold of Key’s arms to steady him.

            “What...Insoo…We just…” Key couldn’t put a sentence together. He knew what he just did and how wrong it was. Insoo simply wrapped his arms around Key in a tight hug before pulling back to look at him.

            “Key, no Kibum, I love you. I never really stopped loving you,” Insoo said in all seriousness. Key didn’t know how to respond and Insoo could tell that, so he decided it was time for him to leave.

            “I should be going.” Insoo said as he released his hold on Key. Key grabbed his arm though and sat him back down on the couch.

            “You’ve been drinking; I’m not going to let you drive home. So you will sleep here tonight. I’ll get the blankets.”

            As Key went to get the stuff for Insoo his mind was running a hundred miles a minute. Most of his thoughts were of him scolding himself. The one thing he knew, was that he had to fix whatever mess he just got himself into.

 

            Changjo was in his room feeling upset, mad, and betrayed. He couldn’t believe what he just saw. His Key appa was supposed to love his Jjong appa but instead he was making out with some other guy, on their couch! Changjo wanted to leave but he didn’t want to go out there now. It would just be too awkward. All Changjo wanted was for his Jjong appa to come home and fix everything. To kick that other guy out and take his Key appa back, because what he was most scared of was his Key appa leaving them for that guy.

            In the morning, Changjo woke up earlier than normal, since he couldn’t sleep last night, and headed to the kitchen. He was glad to see that Insoo was gone but the heap of blankets left on the couch told him that he did sleep here for a while. When Changjo got into the kitchen, he saw his Jjong appa sitting there, papers spread out, and a cup of coffee in his hand.

            “Ah, Changjo. You’re up early. I think it’s going to be cereal for breakfast today. Your Key appa is sleeping off a hangover right now.” Jonghyun said as he shook his head. He never understood why Key would randomly drink so much but he knew that Key was suffering for his choices right now.

            “Oh and did Ricky sleep here last night? Why are there blankets on the couch?” Jonghyun asked and Changjo didn’t know what to say. He settled for the truth.

            “One of Key appa’s friends came over. I think his name was Insoo…” Changjo said and he looked at his Jjong appa’s face for some sort of reaction, yet there was only one of surprise.

            “Insoo hyung was here? Hmm… we haven’t heard from him in a while,” Jonghyun let out a small laugh, “I remember when he used to be obsessed with me and talk my ear off. He acted more like a dongsaeng than a hyung.”

            Changjo thought his Jjong appa would be upset but the fact that he wasn’t confused him. He figured he could ask the other question that was on his mind then since his Jjong appa seemed to be in a pretty decent mood.

            “Jjong appa…can I ask you something?”

            “Sure. What’s on your mind?”

            “Well I heard…Did Key appa used to be a e?”

            Jonghyun spit out his coffee and looked at Changjo with wide eyes. “He told you?!”

That wasn’t the answer Changjo was looking for. Just what exactly kind of life did his Key appa used to live?