Birthday Weekend

Our Happy Family

I apologize in advance for any typos and weird grammar errors that I've probably missed. also the formating. stupid aff won't take my formatting from word.


 Saturday, November 14th 2037

Changjo stands in his doorway utterly surprised. It was about 12 in the afternoon and he heard a knock at his door, yet he didn’t expect to see his parents and Ricky on the other side of the door when he answered it.

“Surprise!!” All three of them had yelled when he opened the door and literally scared the out of him, but now he just stood there staring at them trying to figure out why they were there.

“Ok, at least let us in Changjo. You’re just going to let your appa stand out here in the hall all day?” Key said as he pushed his way into the dorm and shook his head at the mess that he saw. He immediately put Comme Des on the floor and started picking up the stray clothes that he saw thrown here and there.

“You could at least put a little more effort into cleaning than this,” Key complained as he continued cleaning until Jonghyun stopped him.

“Key put the boy’s dirty laundry down. He can do that himself.”

“Umm…what are you guys doing here?” Changjo asked as he sat on his bed next to Ricky who had already helped himself to a seat and was holding the brown puppy.

“It’s your birthday weekend! Did you not expect us to come up?! Where’s your roommate?” Key asked as he sat on his roommate’s bed before Changjo could protest against it.

“He went home for the weekend to visit his girlfriend and…oh ,” Changjo whispered the last part under his breath. As soon as he spoke of Yukwon’s girlfriend he remembered that Sera said she would be coming over today to spend time with him and sure enough there was another knock at his door that his Jjong appa decided to answer.

“Uh…hello? Is Changjo-ah here?” he heard Sera’s voice and just wanted to fall into a hole because he knew that his parents were going to question him to no end later, but for now he had to go and greet her and pretend like everything was normal…or at least normal to her standards.

“Hey noona,” Changjo said as he walked over to the door when his Jjong appa backed away. He took her hand and led her inside and he saw the look on her face when she saw how many people were there.

“Changjo-ah, I thought you said we would be spending time alone,” she emphasized the alone part and Changjo knew she was upset. They had been “dating” for a little under a month and Changjo had learned that she liked when he paid all of his attention to her. Changjo didn’t mind giving her the attention either because he hated the way she got when she didn’t feel like she was getting enough. She would pout, sulk, say sly nasty things, but then say everything was fine when he asked her what was wrong.

“Sera noona, these are my parents and my best friend Ricky. They came up to surprise me for my birthday,” Changjo said as he intertwined their fingers and squeezed her hand slightly to calm her down.

“Your birthday isn’t until Monday though right?”

“Yea.”

“Oh thank god! I almost thought I forgot my own boyfriend’s birthday,” she said as she laughed to herself and Changjo’s parents along with Ricky looked at him with a “what the hell?” look on their faces.

“Oh yea, Jjong appa, Key appa, this is my girlfriend Jo Sera,” Changjo introduced her to his parents and the look on their faces became even more confused.

“Girlfriend? When did this happen Changjo? Are you biual?” Key asked and Jonghyun elbowed him in the side causing Key to mouth ‘what?’ to him.

“Biual? You like guys too Changjo?” Sera asked and Changjo started getting nervous. This is not how he wanted his family to find out about Sera and he definitely didn’t want Sera finding out that he didn’t actually like girls.

“No, I only like girl’s noona. You knew that already Key appa,” Changjo lied to Sera and hoped that Key would go along with it.

“What? You dated that…”    

“I dated girls in high school appa! You remember my girlfriend right?” Changjo cut Key off trying hard to hide his secret and Key finally caught on.

“Yea, I guess I was thinking about your cousin…” Key said, but he was determined to get the truth out of Changjo later.

            “Anyway… it’s nice to meet you Sera. You’re a very pretty young woman. I’m surprised my son was able to find someone as pretty as you,” Jonghyun said trying to fix whatever this situation was that they were in.

            “Yea, he’s such a cutie. Even though he’s younger than me, I don’t mind the age difference. It’s almost like having a young oppa,” Sera said while laughing.

            “Yea….” Key said rolling his eyes and Jonghyun elbowed him again.

            “Umm…Sera noona, I’m sorry to do this to you but can you go back for today. I figure I should spend time with my parents since they came all the way up here to visit me and I know you’ll just get bored hanging out with us,” Changjo said trying to get Sera to leave so he could explain the situation to his appas.

            “I won’t be bored Changjo. I like hanging out with you and I would like to try and get to know your parents anyway,” Sera said as she linked arms with Changjo and smiled brightly at him and his parents.

            “But they were going to take me to a museum today and then we would go to…”

            “Ah you’re right Changjo. I’ll let you spend some quality time with them. Plus I have a lot of work to do. We can just spend time together tomorrow,” Sera cut Changjo off before turning to his parents and bowing slightly.

            “It was nice meeting you guys and I hope that we can meet again soon. Anyway, I’m leaving now Changjo. Call me later ok?”

            “Ok.” Changjo gave her a quick kiss on the lips before walking her to the door. Once she was gone, his Key appa was the first to open his mouth.

            “What the hell was that Changjo?! ‘You’ve only dated girls in high school?!’ Why are you lying to that girl acting like you didn’t go out with that jackass. Unless….are you really straight Changjo? I mean I don’t care if you are, but I don’t know. I don’t like that girl and if you want to date a girl, I can have Jonghyun find you a nice one…actually I’ll find you a nice girl. You’re Jjong appa seems to only attract , but…”

            “Key stop talking and breathe!” Jonghyun cuts off Key’s non stopping rant. “Jesus, you’re speaking a mile a minute. Just stop for two seconds and let Changjo explain what this is all about ok?”

            Key wasn’t too happy about being cut off by Jonghyun but nevertheless he sat back down on the bed and waited to listen to Changjo’s explanation.

            “Ok, well go on Changjo. Explain,” Key said arms crossed as he stared at his son.

            “Uh…well there isn’t really anything to explain. Sera noona and I are dating and have been for about a month. I know you’re all confused but I don’t know. She’s nice and I like hanging out with her. Plus Yongguk was the only person I’ve ever dated. So maybe I am bi or straight…I don’t know. The only way to find out is to date other people,” Changjo finished up, watching his parents and Ricky’s faces for a reaction but there was none.

            Changjo knew that wasn’t the actual reason he was dating Sera obviously. He knew that he was basically a hundred percent gay but he couldn’t tell his parents that he was embarrassed and scared to come out to his friends after what happened at the club and that he had decided to use Sera as his cover. No, that would just further upset his parents, mainly his Key appa, and then it would probably lead to his Key appa wanting to hurt someone. So it was best for now just to lie.

            “Bull,” Key said dragging Changjo out of his thoughts.

            “Uh…what?”

            “I said bull. You really think that after all these years you could really lie to me without me knowing? Now are you going to tell me the truth or not?”

            “What are you talking about appa? That was the truth”

            “Yea right. If that was the truth then I’m still thirty-tw…well you know what I mean,” Key said flipping his fringe out of his face.

            “Key, just let it go. We came up here to celebrate Changjo’s birthday. Not interrogate him. When he wants to tell us the truth about whatever is going on then he will, but for now how about we just have fun as a family, ok?”

            Changjo looked over to Ricky who was still sitting, petting the now sleep puppy and raised his eyebrow at him.

            “I thought you said you got a kitten Ricky, when did you get a dog too?”

            “Actually…”

            “Actually this is your new little brother Changjo! Changjo meet Comme Des! Comme Des meet Changjo!” Key said cutting Jonghyun off and taking the puppy out of Ricky’s arms, startling the poor thing awake.

            “What?”

            “Yea, Key sort of decided to buy a puppy not too long ago, so he’s ours.” Jonghyun added to try and clear up some of his son’s confusion.

“Do you want to hold him?!” Key asked excitedly as he started handing the small puppy to Changjo and Changjo took him into his arms slowly.

“He doesn’t bite does he?” Changjo asked as he kept him a small distance away just in case.

“Of course not! I’ve trained him well! He’s a perfect little puppy,” Key exclaimed before taking Comme Des back and snuggling him.

“Umm…ok. Well since you guys came up here to celebrate my birthday and not just show off our new dog how about I show you guys around a bit? I mean I know we looked around real quick when you dropped me off but I can show you where my dance class is held and stuff,” Changjo suggested as he tried to think of something for them to do until it would be late enough for them all to go out to eat later.

“Sure, I would like to see where my money is going,” Jonghyun said as he wrapped an arm around Changjo’s shoulder and chuckled a bit and soon enough they were all heading out with Changjo as their tour guide showing them around the campus.

He showed them his classes, his dance studio, the recording studio on campus that he was hoping to use next semester and a couple of other places on campus. As they were walking around Ricky looked at all the different spots on campus with envy. He wished that he was going to school now too after looking at how much fun he could be having instead of practically working himself to death.

“This is where my lyrical composition class is held,” Changjo said as they entered the last classroom he wanted to show them. All the classrooms really looked the same to his parents but they let their son continue to show them around nonetheless.

“Have you decided to settle on a single major yet, Changjo?” Jonghyun asked as he continued to look around the room.

“What do you mean Jjong appa?  I already told you what I was majoring in.”

“Yes, I know you did Changjo but I rather you focus on one thing and maybe minor in one of the other two. I just don’t want you to overwhelm yourself.”

“I won’t. I know I can do it so don’t worry about me appa.”

Jonghyun let out a soft sigh before ruffling Changjo’s hair. “Alright, just don’t waste my money and decide you want to become a business major or something later on ok?”

“I won’t. Anyway…” Changjo was cut off when they heard the door open. They all turned around to see who was coming in the room and Changjo’s eyes went wide.

“Oh I didn’t know anyone was…Changjo?”

“Yongguk…we were just leaving so,” Changjo tried his best to avoid Yongguk that’s why he really didn’t want to bring his parents here but nevertheless they still ended up running into him.

“Oh, your parents are here. Nice to see you again Jonghyun-ssi, Key-ssi,” Yongguk said as he bowed to both of Changjo’s parents slightly.

“Jackass…” Key responded back and for the nth time that day Jonghyun elbowed him in the side.

“I swear to God Jonghyun. Elbow me one more time and we’re going to have a problem,” Key complained while Jonghyun simply ignored his annoyed husband.

“I didn’t know you went to the same school, Changjo never told us,” Jonghyun said as he eyed his son suspiciously and Yongguk simply laughed.

“Don’t worry, your son didn’t know either until he saw I was the TA for his class, which he is doing quite well in I should say. Right Changjo?” Yongguk looked to Changjo with a smile on his face that Changjo felt was so fake that he almost puked.

“Yea, I seriously didn’t know until then. Anyway we should be going. I’ll see you in class Yongguk,” Changjo said as he hurried everyone out of the room. As they were walking back to Changjo’s dorm to get ready for dinner Key decided to ask about Yongguk.

“So…when were you going to tell us that that jackass went to the same school as you?”

“I wasn’t appa. I didn’t feel that it was important especially since he’ll be graduating next semester.”

“I guess, but I still don’t like that kid.”

“Don’t worry Key appa, the feeling is mutual. Anyway weren’t we going out to eat or something?”

“Oh yea, so pick where you want to eat and tonight will be your Jjong appa and I’s treat!” Key said as they reached the dorm for Changjo to grab a jacket since he didn’t bring one out earlier. Soon enough they ended up at a noodle restaurant because Changjo just really wanted some ramen noodles with fishcakes more than anything. As they were enjoying their food and simply catching up, Jonghyun decided to ask the question that was on everyone’s mind.

“So Changjo, this Sera girl…what’s that about?”

“Goddamnit Jonghyun! I was just going to ask that!”

“Well I beat you to the punch Key. Be a little quicker next time,” Jonghyun laughed before turning his attention back to Changjo.

“What about her? She’s my girlfriend,” Changjo said simply and Jonghyun raised his brow at the boy.

“So you’re bi? Or are you actually straight?” Jonghyun asked trying to figure out his son. He didn’t care if Changjo was straight, at least he knew he would get grandkids that way, but he just wanted to know what this sudden change in Changjo was.

“I don’t know Jjong appa. Why do we have to put a label on it? I simply like Sera and that’s it. She nice and fun to be around and she isn’t an like Yongguk was. That’s all.” Changjo said hoping to end the conversation and sure enough Jonghyun let it go and they finished dinner without having to bring it up once more.

They headed back to Changjo’s dorm and Changjo’s parents stayed a little while longer before leaving the two boys in the dorm, figuring that Ricky and Changjo wanted some time to hang out with each other. Changjo was currently putting a clean pair of sheets on Yukwon’s bed for Ricky to sleep on after texting his roommate to see if it was alright for Ricky to sleep in his bed. To which he responded ‘as long as he doesn’t have in my bed, I’m cool.’ Changjo was still shaking his head slightly at his roommate’s response. A simple yes could’ve sufficed.

“So Ricky..,” Changjo started as he finished the bed and sat down on it, “What is this about you not being in school?”

Ricky paled at the question and lowered his head so he wouldn’t have to look at his friend. “I don’t know what you’re talking about Changjo.”

“Himchan. At the club the other day said that you weren’t in school. So what’s that all about? Are you going to school right now or not?”

Ricky let out a soft sigh. “I’m not.”

“Why not?! Is that behind this?! Is he forcing you to not go?!”

“What?! Of course he’s not behind this!! Why would you even say something like that Changjo?!” Ricky exclaimed, shocked that his best friend would think of Himchan in such a way.

“Well why are you not going to school then? Didn’t your mom send the check and everything?”

Ricky shook his head. “No, she just put the money in my account when I told her I couldn’t decide which school I wanted to go to and told me to pay the school when I decided on one. I just decided never to enroll though.”

“Are you going to enroll next semester?” Changjo asked, curious on what his friend was planning on doing.

“I don’t know. Maybe, but probably not. Himchan made a good point saying that there’s no point in both of us going to college. You know what he said?” Ricky laughed a bit to himself before continuing, “He said I could be his housewife and he’ll take care of me forever. Isn’t that sweet?” Ricky smiled as he thought about how sweet Himchan would act towards him, even if he had been a little overbearing these last couple of weeks.

“Ricky, do you hear yourself right now?! How are you going from graduating number six in our entire class to wanting to be a housewife?! You’re too good for that Ricky!!” Changjo yelled at his friend. All he could see was his best friend throwing his life away for some jerk and he didn’t like it one bit.

“Whatever, you just don’t understand. Himchan and I are in love ok and…” Ricky was interrupted by a knock on Changjo’s door. Changjo quickly got up ready to apologize to a neighbor about how he was probably being too loud or something but instead came face to face with Seungho.

“Hyung?! What are you doing here?”

“What do you mean what am I doing here? I can’t come visit you? Or were you busy,” Seungho says suggestively. He peers around Changjo to only see Ricky sitting on the bed before walking into the room. Changjo lets out a soft sigh, closes the door, and follows his friend further into the room.

“Hey, I’m Seungho, Changjo’s friend.” Seungho introduced himself to Ricky and Ricky responded back to him.

“I’ve heard about you. I’m Ricky, his friend from home,” Ricky was really happy that Changjo’s friend happened to show up because it saved him from having to continue the conversation.

“Wow Changjo your friend is so young. What are you? A first or second year in high school?” Seungho asked and Changjo couldn’t help but to bust out laughing at the statement. Ricky’s race turned a light shade of pink and he threw a pillow at Changjo’s face. Ricky has always been told that he looks younger but he didn’t think that young.

“I’m actually older than Changjo by a couple of months,” Ricky said after clearing his throat and getting rid of his embarrassment.

“Really? My bad then, you just look so young.”

“Yea, I’m told that a lot. Anyway, Changjo where is the bathroom?” Changjo pointed Ricky to the direction of the bathroom and when he left Seungho asked the questions that he really came to Changjo for answer to.

“So, you and Sera had a date today didn’t you? Did you guys finally do it?” Seungho asked optimistically.

“No, I sent her home since my parents and Ricky showed up to surprise me for my birthday,” Changjo said as he plopped back down on his bed and let out a soft content sigh.

“Seriously?! How long has it been now?! A month and you still haven’t ed her? C’mon Changjo! She is smoking hot. What is taking you so long?”

“You could always her you know if you want to so bad,” Changjo muttered out not expecting them to really hear but Seungho did.

“Dude why would I your girl? I would never do like that to you. Only after you guys break up and I get permission will I then pursue that fine . I mean, don’t you agree um…”          Seungho motioned to Ricky who had just walked back into the room to hear the last bit of the conversation.

“Ricky. My name is Ricky,” Ricky told him again, “and I don’t know. I not really into girls but I wouldn’t really want to have with my guy friend’s exes anyway either.”

“Oh you’re gay? You know its funny I thought Changjo here was gay too,” Seungho said as he put an arm around his shoulder, “cause some guy said they dated or some , but I guess it was a joke since Changjo and Sera hang out practically 24/7 now,” Seungho laughed as he shook Changjo a little bit.

“Yup, I’m not gay at all,” Changjo said trying to sound convincing but Seungho was already onto the next topic. Seungho stayed for another hour or so before saying he had things to do and leaving Changjo and Ricky alone in the room again.

“So, how long do you intend on pretending to be straight?” Ricky asked as they both got ready for bed.

“Who says I’m pretending?”

“Changjo, I can tell just by the small interaction you had with your so called girlfriend in today and the way you talk about her that you aren’t interested in her.”

“Maybe it’s just her then. I could be bi, you never know.”

Ricky laid on the bed and let out a soft sigh. “You’re right, you could be, but here’s the thing, you don’t talk about her in the same way that you talked about Yongguk. Even when you guys broke up, you still talked about him every now and again and you had a certain look. A certain light in your eyes, but with this girl, you seem dead and to just be going through the motions of being with her.”

Changjo let out a forced laugh as he looked up to the ceiling and thought on what Ricky said. He knew what his friend was saying was true and that he wasn’t interested in girls in the slightest way, but he had to try. He wanted to continue to try and be normal, even if just for a little while.

“You see Ricky? This is why you need to go to college. Just look at what you said just now, you can’t let that wisdom go to waste,” Changjo said trying to change the subject.

“Yea…we’ll see. Good night Changjo,” Ricky said before rolling over to his side to go to bed. He didn’t want to argue with Changjo anymore so he figured the best way to get out of arguing would be to sleep. Yet he could only sleep for so long until Changjo was shaking him awake.

“Ricky get up. Your phone has been ringing for at least ten minutes now,” Changjo said as he picked up his friends phone and annoyingly answered it for him.

“Do you know what time it is? Why couldn’t you just leave a voicemail and wait for him to call you back in the morning?” Changjo said almost yelling at the unknown caller before Ricky got up and snatched the phone out of his hand.

“Hello?” Ricky spoke as he tried to stifle a yawn.

“Ricky?! Where have you been?! Why didn’t you call or text me?! I’ve been trying to reach you for hours now!”

Ricky moved the phone away from his ear as he heard his angry boyfriend at the other end of it yelling at him. He waited for him to finish before deciding to speak again.

“Hyung, I’m sorry. I haven’t been paying attention to my phone today. I meant to text you when I arrived also, but I forgot.”

“You forgot?! You could’ve been dead. What if I would’ve called the police cause you forgot?!”

“Hyung, calm down, you’re over exaggerating now. I’m fine, so how about I call you in the morning ok?”

There was silence on the other end and Ricky looked at his phone to see if Himchan had hung up on him or not. He hadn’t so he spoke up again.

“Himchan hyung? Are you there?”

“Yea.”

“Are you upset?”

Silence.

“Hyung…”

“Goodnight Ricky.” With that the line with dead and Ricky was really close to calling Himchan back. He knew his hyung was mad, but he was also too tired to deal with him. So he put the phone back on the night stand near the bed before lying back down to go to sleep.

“That was Himchan calling like that? What did he want?”

“Just wanted to know if I made it safely or not.”

“And that couldn’t wait until morning?” Changjo asked as he looked at his friend. He knew it had to be more than that the way Himchan was yelling.

“Guess not. Goodnight Changjo,” Ricky said really wanting to sleep and not discuss his relationship with Changjo anymore for the night and luck would have it that Changjo actually let it go and let Ricky finally fall asleep for the night.

The next day luck continued to be on Ricky’s side as Changjo didn’t bring anything up about Himchan as they went to the dining hall to eat lunch and meet up with Seungho. When they got there, Seungho had already gotten them a table and was eating a bag a chips.

“Seriously you couldn’t wait until we got here to start stuffing you face?” Changjo joked as he sat across from his friend with Ricky sitting next to him.

“It’s just a bag of chips and you guys were taking so damn long. It’s like waiting for a damn chick.”

“Yea, yea whatever. Let’s go get food now since you’re so hungry,” Changjo said standing up from his seat, getting ready to get on line and fill his belly.

“Someone has to stay at the table to hold it for us though.”

“I’ll stay. I have to make a phone call anyway,” Ricky spoke up and after giving Changjo some money he was soon left alone at the table.

Ricky looked at his phone again only to see that he hadn’t received any texts or calls from Himchan at all today and considering that it was nearly 2pm and the way they ended last night’s conversation, to say Ricky was worried would be an understatement. So he quickly found Himchan’s name and pressed the little call button next to it. He waited patiently as the phone rang for what felt like forever only for it to eventually go to voicemail. Ricky let out a soft sigh before deciding to send his boyfriend a quick text.

To Himchan

            Hey hyung, are you busy? Well I just wanted to talk so can you call me back later?

            Ricky quickly sent the message and waited for Changjo and Seungho to get back to the table with the food. He knew that Himchan was probably upset but he couldn’t figure out why he would be so upset over him not calling him yesterday. It was just one day and he had barely been gone from home for 24 hours.

            “Hey did you make that phone call?” Changjo asked as he set Ricky’s food down in front of him before sitting down with his own meal.

            “Yea I did.”

            “What calling your girlfriend? Gotta make sure she not cheating?” Seungho asked with a small chuckle and Ricky let out a small forced laugh.

            “Well my boyfriend yea and I know he’s not cheating so its fine.”

            “Oh yea, you said you were gay. My bad, I forgot, I guess it’s understandable though. You’re just so cute. Makes even a guy want to take care of you. Even if you do look like a kid,” Seungho laughed. Ricky just put his head down to hide his blush from being embarrassed by the fact that Seungho said he looked like a kid. He kept trying to look older but his baby face betrayed him all the time.

            “Its fine, also I don’t look that young.”

            “Yea you do Ricky. Just admit it. I look older than you,” Changjo said as he played with his friends’ hair just to have his hand slapped away.

            “Whatever. At least I won’t age horribly in the future.”

            They continued eating and hanging out with each other for a while until Changjo got a text from his parents saying they were going to head back home soon but wanted to see him before they left. So they headed back to Changjo’s dorm, Seungho tagging along as well, and when they got there Changjo saw his parents standing outside of his dorm room with a cake in their hand.

            “Hurry up Changjo! You’re just going to let your fathers stand out here all day?” Key exclaimed and Jonghyun simply shook his head as he was the one that was holding the cake and Key was only holding Comme Des and his bag.

            “I’m sorry Key appa, we were on the other side of campus,” Changjo said as he quickly unlocked the door and let everyone in.

            “You should be sorry and even after I went through all the trouble to make your favorite cake for your birthday,” Key said as he took the cake out of Jonghyun’s hands and started opening it up on the table in Changjo’s room.

            “You made me a strawberry shortcake Key appa?!” Changjo asked excitedly.

            “Of course I did. Don’t I make you one every year?”

            Changjo ran over to Key and swallowed him up in a hug.

            “Alright, let go before you make me drop it.”

            “Hey, I helped with the cake too! Where’s my love?” Jonghyun asked as he opened his arms for Changjo to hug him too. Changjo laughed at his father’s silliness but went over to him and hugged him anyway only to be attacked with an unexpected and sloppy kiss on his cheek.

            “Eww Jjong appa don’t do that! I’m too old for kisses.”

            “Oh are you really?” Jonghyun said with a devious glint in his eyes before attacking Changjo with even more kisses.

            “Yah stop playing around you two and lets sing happy birthday!” Key exclaimed as he lit the candles on the cake, “Also all Jonghyun helped with was carrying the damn thing. You know your Jjong appa can’t cook.”

            “That is true Key appa,” Changjo said as he laughed and escaped Jonghyun’s grasp.

            “You guys are so mean. I can so cook.”

            “Yes, ramen, we know. Now let’s sing happy birthday,” Key said as he started everyone off.

            Soon the whole room was filled with song and laughter as Seungho took some icing off the side of the cake to put it on Changjo’s face. Key wasn’t too pleased with Seungho sticking his dirty hands in his cake but he bit his tongue since it looked like Changjo was having fun with his friend nonetheless. While they were playing around there was a knock at Changjo’s door and Changjo figured it might either be one of Yukwon’s friends or Sera as he got up to answer it, but instead he was surprised to find Himchan standing there.

            “Himchan hyung? What are you doing here?” Changjo asked as he stood there staring at the other man that looked like he hasn’t gotten much sleep today.

            “Is Ricky here?”

           “Uh yea...,” Changjo moved aside to let him into the dorm, “Uh guys we have another guest,” Changjo said, not really too happy with Himchan’s arrival, as he brought Himchan over to the rest group.

            Ricky saw his boyfriend and quickly moved away from Seungho who was hugging him and ruffling his hair like he was child.

            “Ah hyung…what are you doing here?” Ricky asked, his face slightly red from Seungho’s teasing. Himchan looked from Seungho to Ricky and Ricky could tell he was not happy.

            “I came to pick you up. Oh and happy birthday Changjo,” Himchan said as a side note without even looking at Changjo.

            “Yea thanks…”

            “Hyung, Changjo’s parents were going to take me home. You knew that.” Ricky explained.

            “What? You didn’t want me to come and ruin your fun with your new friend here,” Himchan said as he looked over to Seungho again with a disgusted look on his face.

            “Listen, it’s getting late, how about we all start heading back anyway,” Jonghyun spoke up sensing the tension between the other two boys.

            “Yea, I need my beauty sleep in my own bed. I’m exhausted,” Key said as he stood up holding the sleeping puppy in his arms.

            “Ok, well I’ll see you guys later and thank you for coming up for my birthday. It was really great.”

            “Of course we would come see you for your birthday Changjo. We weren’t going to let you celebrate it without us. What kind of parents would we be then?” Key said as he hugged Changjo again real quick before everyone said their goodbyes and started heading out.

            Changjo really wanted to stop Ricky from leaving with Himchan but he knew he wouldn’t be able to and soon he was left with just him and Seungho in the room.

            “Thanks for hanging out with us today hyung. I had fun,” Changjo decided to speak up since Seungho seemed lost in thought.

            “Oh yea, no problem. It’s not like I had anything else to do today,” he chuckled, “but why do I feel like that guy was pissed off at me?”

            “Who? Himchan hyung? Probably because he was. I think he’s jealous,” Changjo said as he put the last bit of cake in his mini fridge and then laid on his bed letting out a soft sigh.

            “Really? Ricky will be ok though right? That guy looked pissed. He’s not violent or anything?”

            “Huh? No, he’s not violent. Possessive, but not violent. You’re really worried aren’t you?” Changjo asked, a little confused as to why Seungho was so concerned with his friend.

            “Oh yea, a little,” Seungho let out an awkward chuckle, “Ricky’s just so adorable, it really does make a person want to protect him. Even though I’ve only known him for a few hours. Anyway, I think I’m going to head out now.”

            “Alright hyung, I’ll see you later.”

            Once Seungho was gone Changjo felt like he could actually relax because even though he loved hanging out with his family and friends sometimes he just needed some time to himself as well and he was going to enjoy his last few hours of peace before Yukwon got back.

            At Ricky and Himchan’s place though there was no sign of peace on the horizon. The whole three hour car ride back was basically done in silence and when they got back in the apartment Himchan just walked in ahead of Ricky, still not saying a word. So Ricky figured he would have to be the first one to speak up.

            “Umm…hyung are you mad at me?”

            “No Ricky. Why would I be mad?” Himchan responded but Ricky could hear the sarcasm in his voice.

            “Well because you haven’t really spoken to me since we left Changjo’s dorm,” Ricky said as he kept talking to Himchan’s back as the other refused to look at him.

          “I’m fine. It doesn’t bother me at all seeing some guy with his arms all over you. Nope, I’m completely fine.”

            “Himchan, are you jealous?”

            Himchan let out a soft sigh as he turned around to face Ricky before walking over to his younger boyfriend.

            “Ricky, do you love me?”

            “Huh? Of course I do hyung. Why would you even…”

            “And you’ll always stay by my side right?”

            “Yea, of course. What’s this all about? You know I love you hyung.”

            Himchan gave Ricky a small smile before pulling him into his arms and kissing the top of his head.

            “Ok. I’m sorry, it just I worry. I don’t want you to leave me and seeing you in his arms, it pissed me off,” Himchan said as he rubbed Ricky’s back.

            “He was just messing with me. Kept joking that I looked like a little kid. You know he asked if I was a freshman in high school when he first saw me?! Do I really look that young hyung?” Ricky asked feeling a little self-conscious about his looks now that he thought about it.

            “No you don’t. I mean you look young but not that young. Plus I like how adorable you are. You’re my cute little boyfriend,” Himchan said as he snuggled his face against his boyfriends’ head, “but I still don’t want you hanging around that guy ok? It’s not that I don’t trust you. It’s him I don’t trust ok?”

            “Don’t worry hyung. I’m not going to go three hours up to Changjo’s school just to visit some guy especially when I have you here with me,” Ricky said as he moved away from Himchan just a little so he can look up at his face before leaning up to plant a kiss on his lips.

            As Himchan pulled Ricky closer to him to deeper the kiss Ricky felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket. He assumed it was a text and was going to ignore it until it kept vibrating so even though he didn’t want to he pulled away from Himchan to answer his phone.

            “Yoboseyo?” Ricky answered not even bothering to look and see who the caller was as Himchan started placing kisses on Ricky’s neck, not happy with this little interruption.

            “Uh hi, Ricky? It’s me, Seungho. Are you home?”

            “Seungho hyung?! Ah…yea I’m home, why? What’s up?” Ricky said as he pushed Himchan off of him to try and figure out why Seungho was calling him. They had exchanged numbers at Changjo’s dorm but he didn’t actually expect the other to contact him.

            “Oh, I was just making sure you made it home safe and that you’re ok.”

            “Yea, I’m fine. Why wouldn’t I be? Plus you could’ve just texted that if that’s all you wanted to know.”

            “Well I wanted to hear your voice and make sure and well your boyfriend just seemed upset when you guys left so, I don’t know. I guess it was dumb to call. I’ll let you go now. Bye.” Seungho rushed off the phone and Ricky stared at his now silent phone.

            “Who was that?”

            “No one hyung. Anyway, let’s go to bed. I have work tomorrow and would actually like to get some sleep tonight.”

            Himchan really wanted to know who this Seungho was and if it was that guy that was in the dorm but he decided to just let it go for now and go to bed with his lovely and happy boyfriend.

 

            “Changjo can you stay after class?” Yongguk asked Changjo as the rest of the students started filing out. Changjo really didn’t want to stay since Composition was his last class of the day and it was his birthday but the professor was looking at them so he decided to stay behind like Yongguk had requested. After everyone had left the professor came over to them and gave Changjo a pat on the back.

            “You’re doing really well in this class. Have you had any experience in song writing before?”

            “No, not really sir. I’ve only just dabbled in it before but my dad, he’s a song writer.”

            “Well you’ve obviously picked up the talent from him. Anyway I will see you guys on Wednesday,” the professor said before leaving the two of them alone.

            “Wow, I don’t know why he couldn’t just ask you himself if he was going to stay behind but whatever,” Yongguk said under his breath as he watched the back of the older man walk out of the room, “Anyway, I asked you to stay behind because the professor wanted to know if you would be interested in being his teacher’s assistant for next semester.”

            “Why couldn’t he…”

            “Listen I don’t know why he couldn’t ask you himself, but if you want to you’ll earn two credits and get paid a little money for doing it and since the semester is almost over he wanted me to show you what you would have to do if you decided to become his TA.”

            “Uh well…I mean sure why not,” Changjo answered surprised that he was actually being asked to be a TA so early on in his college career.

            “Ok good. I’ll tell you the details and everything another day but for now, here,” Yongguk said as he handed Changjo a small square box.

            “What is this?”

            “It’s your birthday today isn’t it? Well here you go. It’s nothing special or anything, more like an old gift I never got a chance to give you,” Yongguk said as he ran his fingers through his hair.

            “Oh, well thanks. I mean why would you keep it all this time? Why not just throw it out or..?”

            “Listen if you don’t want it you can just toss it ok. I don’t care what you do with it,” Yongguk said before grabbing his bag and leaving the room.

            Changjo was still confused but nonetheless opened up the box to find a silver bracelet inside. He questioned why Yongguk would buy him a bracelet like he was a girl and almost thought he was re-gifting it until he looked at it more closely. It was a charm bracelet with a pair of diamond encrusted dancing shoes and a heart on it. With slightly trembling hands he lifted the heart charm up to take a closer look at it to see his name engraved on one side and Yongguk’s on the other. As he stared at the bracelet his heart had started beating a little bit faster and he looked towards the door that Yongguk had walked out of in hopes of seeing him there, but just as he thought he was gone and Changjo was left with the question of why he would give this to him after all this time and even more importantly what it meant for their relationship now. 


Ok I'm so sorry! So so sorry for taking so long to update but here we go! An update! I had a really bad case of writers block and wasn't sure how I wanted this chapter to go and I'm still not really that happy with it, but I have to get past this hump to hopefully get to the end soon. We're almost there...ok not really, but almost. Jesus this fanfic is getting long, I'll prob lose like 5 subscribers for updating so late but its cool. Now the question is Side talk or no side talk? Hmm...do you guys want it? You might not.... it! I'm giving it to you anyway!

~Side Talk~

Me: Welcome to another, long awaited side talk! Today with us we have Changjo, Yongguk, Ricky, and Seungho. Himchan unfortunately could not make it because he has class right now.

Changjo: I have class too and so does Yongguk.

Me: Yea and I don't care. Plus Himchan doesn't interest me.

Himchan: *Comes running in the studio* I'm here! My class got out early so I was able to make it! *Kisses Ricky's cheek and glares at Seungho* What is he doing here.

Me: *Let's out a harsh sigh* *Sarcastically* Great you're here. I'm so happy. Anyway let's get started. First I have a question for Seungho. What do you think of Ricky?

Seungho: Ricky? I like him. He's so cute and adorable. Like a little brother.

Himchan: That better be all you see him as.

Seungho: Calm down dude. I'm not gay.

Me: Yea sure you're not.

Seungho: What do you mean by that? I'm not. Unless you...

Me: Moving on! Ricky do you like Seungho? As a friend of course!

Ricky: He's nice. I don't know much about him, but I don't mind hanging out with him sometimes. 

Me: That's good to know, but let's move onto the real question that people are probably curious about, Yongguk, what's with the bracelet?

Yongguk: What about it? Like I said it was an old gift that I just got a chance to give him.

Me: But why not throw it out since you guys broke up?

Yongguk: I spent good money on it. Why would I throw it out?

Me: you rich! You don't care about the money so there has to be another reason.

Changjo: Hyung? Is there another reason you kept it?

Yongguk: There is no other ing reason ok! I already told you that you can throw it out! This show is dumb! I'm leaving.

Changjo: Wait, Yongguk hyung! *Follows Yongguk out*

Me: Goddamn it, I wanted to ask him how he felt about receiving the bracelet but I guess since he's chasing after Yongguk he's happy about it. Maybe? Anyway that's the end of this side talk

Himchan: No questions for me

Me: *Mumbles under breath* I was really hoping you weren't going to be here

Himchan: What?

Me: Nothing and yea, no questions for you. Anyway until next time!

Ok crappy side talk but I was bored and haven't done one in forever. Anyway love me again guys!! I apologize again for how long it took to update.

~Lolo