Taking Over

Our Happy Family

Ricky walked into the psychiatric facility, blinded by the bright florescent lights bouncing off of the white walls. It reminded him of his stay in the hospital, especially the mild smell of disinfect, but it was different, he knew people came here when they were sick, but it was a different kind of sick and to know that someone he loved was in such a place, it saddened him.

            “Ricky? Are you ok?” Seungho who was walking right beside him asked. Ricky nodded his head but still didn’t make a move to walk up to the main desk.

            “You know if you’re not ready we can always come back another day. I mean he’s not going anywhere anytime soon so…”

            “I know hyung and I’m ready.” Ricky cut Seungho off and continued his way up to the desk. Behind the desk sat a middle aged lady, who had brightly colored nails and an expression that let him know that she wanted to be anywhere but there. Ricky cleared his throat before stating his name and telling her who he was here to see. After typing the information into her computer she told him that Himchan was still in a group session that would be over in about ten minutes and told him that he could wait in the visiting area for him to be done.

            “Thank you,” Ricky said as he and Seungho moved away from the desk. He was about to walk into the visitation area but stopped when he felt Seungho following behind him. So Ricky turned to the older man, who over the last month has become his friend (again), and told him to wait for him.

            “Huh? Ricky I don’t think you should go in there alone. What if he…”

            “Seungho hyung I know you’re worried but he won’t hurt me. I just don’t want him to get upset seeing you. So can you just wait in the car for me?”

            Seungho let out an annoyed grunt but nonetheless let Ricky go in by himself which the younger boy was grateful for. A lot had happened over the last month. By time Ricky was able to get out of the hospital, Himchan’s trial had already passed and he was sentenced to five years in a mental facility. Ricky had thought the sentence was too harsh but Yongguk had let him know that the other two boys’ families had come up to testify against Himchan as well. So while Himchan wasn’t being charged for those crimes, it probably made the judge go for a harsher sentence at least that’s what Yongguk told him.

            Ricky wanted to visit Himchan sooner but after moving back home with his mother, who absolutely forbids him from having any contact with him, it was hard. Even today Ricky had to sneak out and beg Seungho to take him until eventually the older man gave in. He would’ve asked Yongguk, since Yongguk had promised to take him before, but once again his mom didn’t want him going anywhere with him either. Honestly the only two people he was able to hang out with were Changjo and Seungho. Anyone else and his mom would flip out. She had even taken extra days off to watch Ricky until she could no longer afford not to go to work anymore.

            Ricky sat at one of the square tables in the visitation area as he waited for Himchan. As more and more time passed he started getting nervous and questioning if he was actually ready to see Himchan yet. Just as his nerves were starting to reach their peak Himchan walked into the room. Ricky watched as Himchan’s eyes scanned the room and he slowly raised his hand to signal where he was at. As soon as Himchan’s eyes landed on him, a huge smile broke out on the older man’s face and just like that all of Ricky’s nerves disappeared.

            “Hello Changhyun. It’s nice to see you,” Himchan said as he pulled out the chair opposite Ricky and sat down across from him.

            Ricky looked Himchan over, it looked like he had gotten a haircut recently and his hair was back to black now. His collarbones were jutting out from his sweater and Ricky noticed that he had lost a decent amount of weight, but nonetheless his face still had that healthy glow to it, especially his eyes as he laid them upon Ricky.

            “Changhyun? Are you alright?” Himchan asked, jogging Ricky out of his thoughts.

            “Yea, sorry and you can call me Ricky again. It’s so strange having you call me by my actual name,” Ricky said but Himchan shook his head.

            “No, we’re not…you know, together anymore. So I shouldn’t address you so casually,” Himchan said as he lowered his gaze and started picking at a loose strand on his sweater.

           “Who says we’re not together?” Himchan’s eyes went wide at Ricky’s statement as he stared at him in shock, not believing what he had just heard.

            “What are you saying?”

            “I’m saying that just because we’re separated right now doesn’t mean that I don’t still love you. I mean, didn’t you get my letter?” Ricky asked and Himchan quickly nodded his head before digging into his pocket and pulling a folded piece of paper out.

            “I keep it on me all the time, but still after what I did and you didn’t come to the trial and…”

            “Let’s not talk about that right now hyung. How are you doing?” Ricky asked as he took Himchan’s hand into his. Himchan looked at Ricky and Ricky could see his eyes watering as if he was about to cry.

            “I…I’ve been fine. I’ve missed you,” Himchan said as a couple of tears fell from his eyes.

            “I’ve missed you too hyung, but I’m here now, so don’t cry ok.”

            Himchan nodded his head and Ricky gave him a small smile. They soon fell into a comfortable silence, neither of them really knowing what to say to the other, but both of them still content with the fact that they were around the other person. After about five minutes of silence, Ricky cleared his throat and started to speak, even though he was not really sure what he should discuss with Himchan.

            “So…I’m going to go to school in the fall. My mother enrolled me,” Ricky said hesitantly. He wasn’t sure what Himchan would think about him going to school since the plan was for Himchan to be the breadwinner and Ricky to be the “housewife” more-or-less.

            “That’s good. What school will you be going to?”

            “Seoul University, with Changjo. My mother wants us to room together so apparently we’re getting an apartment together next year too.”

            “Oh…” Himchan said and Ricky could see the disappointment in his eyes but he wasn’t exactly sure what the cause of it was. Was Himchan actually upset that he was going to school?

            “It will be fine though. When you get out of here everything will go back to normal and you’ll become the businessman you always wanted to be and I’ll be at home cooking your meals and spending all your money,” Ricky said as he laughed a bit to himself to try and lighten and the mood but it didn’t work. Himchan shook his head as he forced a smile on his face.

            “I wouldn’t want you to stay at home all the time Ricky. You should go out and enjoy your life too. Go to school, study and get a fulfilling career it’s just…you’re going to be so far. I’ll never be able to see you…” Himchan trailed off and that’s when Ricky saw what his real concern was.

            “Hyung I’ll still come to visit you on weekends,” Ricky tried to reassure him.

            “It’s over a two hour drive to get here from there and…”

            “And I’ll do it to see you. I’ll get my license and get a car and everything. It will be fine so don’t worry about that.”

            “Ok…but you have to bring your homework when you come and show me your grades too! I don’t want you to have a ty GPA because of me,” Himchan said with a smile on his face that Ricky gladly returned.

            “Of course of course, I’ll show you everything. Who knows maybe I’ll start my own business and make you my secretary,” Ricky joked but Himchan shook his head.

            “I rather be your business partner instead of your secretary.”

            “Hmm…I might be able to arrange that as well,” Ricky said and they both broke out into a fit of quiet giggles as they made imaginary plans for the future.

            Ricky stayed for about an hour before deciding that he should leave. He didn’t want to have Seungho waiting for him forever since the older man had agreed to do this favor for him in the first place.

            “I should be going now hyung. My ride is probably getting antsy since they’ve been waiting for so long.”

            “Oh…who brought you?” Himchan asked and Ricky didn’t know if it would be a good idea to tell him it was Seungho so he just said a friend.

            “That same friend that’s been trying to steal you away from me?” Himchan asked and Ricky could hear the possessiveness and jealously dripping from his words.

            “Hyung, Seungho hyung has never been anything more to me except a friend. I wish you could see that.”

            “I can see that he’s been trying to take what’s mine. Let me guess, he’s been by your side this whole time since I’ve been locked away? Taking you out places? Making sure you’re alright and safe from me, but in reality he’s just waiting for his moment to completely take you away from me,” Himchan all but hissed out causing Ricky to let out a rough sigh as he stood up and gathered his things.

            “First off hyung, if any of that was true, why would he bring me here to see you? He’s the only person that would bring me here and you’re sitting here badmouthing him. He is really a good guy and I hope one day you’ll be able to see past your jealously to see that. Anyway I’m going to go. Make sure to go to your therapy sessions and take whatever medicine they prescribe ok? I’ll come back again,” Ricky said as he turned his back to the other man and walked out of the visitation area.

            As he walked out of the facility he pulled his light jacket tighter around himself as a cool breeze blew by. Even though it was already mid-April, there were still some cold chills in the air left over from winter. So he quickened his pace as he walked to Seungho’s car. Ricky knocked on the passenger window to make Seungho aware of his presence and Seungho quickly unlocked the door so Ricky could slide into his seat.

            “How did it go?” Seungho asked as he turned the heat up higher, noticing that Ricky was shivering slightly.

            “It went fine. We just talked for a little while, that’s all.” Ricky didn’t really want to go too deep into what they discussed, figuring it’d be best to keep his and Himchan’s relationship more between them this time around. Plus he really wasn’t going to tell Seungho about Himchan’s possessive outburst because he knew that would almost guarantee Seungho never bringing him here to see Himchan again.

            “Just fine? Does he seem to be progressing in his treatment at least?” Seungho asked as he started up his car and began the drive back to Ricky’s house.

            “Yea, he’s doing fine, but can we not talk about him right now hyung?”

            “Huh? I mean I guess. I figured you’d want to discuss your happy reunion with him.”

            “I’m just tired. Can we just go back to your apartment and watch a movie or something?” Ricky asked and Seungho gave him a sidelong glance before letting out a hum in agreement as he changed the route for his place.

            While Seungho was driving towards his school, Changjo was driving away from it with an annoyed Yongguk in the passenger’s seat.

            “Honestly I don’t see the point in us wasting our precious free time by going to see your parents,” Yongguk complained as he stared out of the window, arms folded across his chest.

            “Stop being such a baby hyung. You know we’ve been putting off going to my parents place for a month and my Key appa is starting to get really pissed off. Would you rather him come up here unannounced?”

            “I rather just avoid the ordeal entirely,” Yongguk grunted out and Changjo couldn’t help but shake his head as he his right signal so he could take the exit off of the highway that would lead him to his house.

            “Well you know, if you wouldn’t have made that comment about being his future son-in-law, he wouldn’t want to have this talk with us so bad. So you’re just going to have to it up for a few hours and be nice ok?”

            “A FEW HOURS?!” Yongguk exclaimed and Changjo didn’t even bother to respond to him. He had never seen the man act so childish before but he refused to entertain it any longer.

            He soon pulled up in front of the house and saw that there was an extra car in front of the house. Changjo had a bad feeling about this but he pushed it aside, knowing his fathers would never go that far. They were always calm and level-headed, at least when they had guests over.

            “Jjong appa? Key appa? We’re here!” Changjo called out as he unlocked the front door and walked in with Yongguk following right behind. Once they removed their shoes they made their way to the living room where they saw Key sitting on the couch and next to him sat Bomi who had Minha sitting on the floor in front of her playing with her toys.

            Changjo took a deep breath before slowly letting it out so he could try and stay calm. He didn’t know what his parents were planning but he could already see he wouldn’t like it.

            “Key appa where’s Jjong appa and what’s Bom-,”

            “You son of a !” Jonghyun yelled out as he came towards Yongguk and Changjo from the kitchen and punched Yongguk square in the face. Changjo had to jump out of the way to avoid getting hit himself but once he realized what was happening he went to pull his father, who was still currently throwing punches, off of Yongguk.

            “APPA! STOP!!” Changjo yelled as he got in between his father and Yongguk.

            “Changjo, move out the way, this had this coming to him for a long time,” Jonghyun said as he wiped some blood off of the corner of his mouth. It seems that Yongguk was able to defend and land a couple of punches himself.

            “No appa! You guys invited us here saying you wanted to talk but instead you ambushed my boyfriend!” Changjo screamed, upset that this is what he dragged Yongguk into. He would’ve never expected in a million years that his fathers would act this way and even more so that it would be his Jjong appa.

            Minha was now crying from all the yelling and commotion and Bomi picked her up to try and soothe the toddler before looking over to them.

            “Appa stop this. You’re scaring Minha and I also didn’t come over here to fight. So if that’s what you plan on doing, Minha and I will just go home then,” Bomi said as she started to gather up Minha’s toys, while continuously bouncing the child on her hip to keep her calm.

            Jonghyun looked over to Bomi and Minha and exhaled harshly through his nose as he backed down and walked over to the couch to sit next to Key who surprisingly hasn’t moved or said one word during this whole ordeal. Once Jonghyun was seated Changjo took his eyes off of his father and quickly turned to Yongguk to inspect his face.

            “Hyung, are you ok? Do you want me to get some ice for you?” Changjo asked as he touched Yongguk’s cheek lightly causing Yongguk to let out a slight hiss.

            “Psh…baby. I ain’t even hit you that hard,” Jonghyun said from the couch and all Changjo did was glare at him before turning his attention back to Yongguk.

            “I think we should just go Changjo. It’s obvious that I’m not welcome here,” Yongguk suggested and Changjo nodded his head agreeing with the older man.

            “Appas, we’re going to go so…”

            “Sit,” Key said cutting Changjo off. The first word he’s uttered since the other two men arrived.

            “Key appa it would…”

            “Everyone sit. No one is leaving until we discuss some things,” Key said and even though Changjo didn’t want to stay he still walked over to the chair furthest away from everyone, sat Yongguk down in it and then placed himself in Yongguk’s lap. Yongguk instinctively wrapped his arms around Changjo’s waist and even though he was the one attacked, started to whisper some comforting words in Changjo’s ears to reassure him that he was in fact ok.

            As soon as Bomi had Minha completely settled she took her place back on the couch in between Key and Jonghyun. Jonghyun was at the far end of the couch furthest away from Changjo and Yongguk and that was probably best for everyone at the moment.

            “So, like I said, we have some things that need to be discussed. First off, what do you plan to do about your child?” Key directed his question at Yongguk, getting straight to the point.

            “Nothing because while she is a very adorable little girl she is not mine. I will gladly take a paternity test to prove it. Just because Yongnam and I are identical twins doesn’t mean our DNA is 100% identical.”

            “That test is expensive and you would have to get your brother’s DNA too to prove he is the father,” Key stated very matter-of-factly.

            “I don’t see the need to get Yongnam’s DNA. If you want I can give you his number and you can ask him yourself, but I am here offering to take the test to clear my own name because I have never slept with her so there is no way that that little girl could be my child,” Yongguk said and Key simply nodded his head before shifting his gaze to Bomi.

            “Is that alright with you Bomi? Do you mind having a paternity test done to see if Yongguk is indeed Minha’s father?” Key asked and Bomi looked from Minha to Yongguk before saying

            “I don’t want Minha to go through any unnecessary pain. Yongnam told me already that he never slept with me. That you guys would switch places and during those times you would…make love to me,” she whispered the last bit out and Yongguk let out a harsh sigh.

            “Wow, I know you’re young but you can’t really be that stupid,” Yongguk said losing his patience with the situation.

            “YAH! I know you did not just call my daughter stupid!” Jonghyun exclaimed as he stood from the couch and walked over to where Changjo and Yongguk were sitting.

“You and your brother played around with her feelings and one of you knocked her up and I swear to God if I have to kick both of your asses,” he said looking like he was getting ready to throw another punch at Yongguk but Key placed a hand on Jonghyun’s arm before telling him to sit back down and surprisingly Jonghyun listened. He wasn’t happy with the situation but he still sat back down.

“Fine, listen you want to make this easy. You, whatever your name is…”

“My name is Bomi, you should at least remember it since…”

“Yea whatever,” Yongguk said cutting her off, “when you slept with “me” I had a couple of tattoos right?” he asked as he pushed Changjo off of his lap so he could stand.

“Huh? Yea, you have a tattoo on your back and one on the back of your left calf, but what does that have to do with anything?” she asked and that’s when Changjo’s eyes went wide when he realized where Yongguk was going with this.

“That means Yongguk hyung isn’t Minha’s father,” Changjo said and Bomi looked at him confused.

“What do you mean? That proves that he is. He just admitted to having the tattoos I saw!!” Bomi said raising her voice, getting upset that Yongguk was trying to make her seem like an idiot.

“Ok, show me where those tattoos were again,” Yongguk said as he pulled his shirt off and lifted both pants legs to prove that he didn’t have one tattoo in any of those locations.

“Tha-That’s impossible. You must be covering them up or had them removed.”

“Noona, he never had any such tattoos, trust me. The only tattoos he has are the one on his left arm and on his chest as you can see,” Changjo said but Bomi was still shaking her head in disbelief.

“If you still don’t believe me we can still do the paternity test like I suggested,” Yongguk said as he put his shirt back on and fixed the rest of his clothes.

“I think that will be for the best, that way there’s no doubt in whether you are the father or not,” Key said.

“But appa, its clear to see that Bomi noona never slept with him and…”

“Changjo this doesn’t concern you. They will do the test and that’s final,” Key said cutting Changjo off. Changjo sat back in the chair with a huff as he folded his arms over his chest. He couldn’t believe that his father was just going to completely ignore his opinion on the matter. Why was he even here then?

“Anyway moving on, as we can obviously see you are now dating this man again Changjo. Now when were you going to tell us about this relationship?” Key asked and Changjo simply shrugged his shoulders.

“Don’t know…eventually,” he answered being short with his father. He was angry at this entire situation and the fact that his Key appa NOW wanted to talk about his and Yongguk’s relationship, after his Jjong appa attacked him and then they brought up the whole baby issue; he was entirely done with the situation.

“And what’s eventually for you? Your wedding?” Key asked crossing his own arms, not happy with his son’s attitude.

“At this point I’d probably send a postcard from our honeymoon.”

“Changjo you will not talk to your Key appa like that, so fix the attitude,” Jonghyun said sternly and Changjo only scoffed.

“Please, after everything that has happened in the last hour, you want me to speak respectfully to you guys? That’s rich…”

“Who do you think you’re talking to right now?!” Jonghyun exclaimed as he got back up and marched over to Changjo, grabbing at his collar and pulling him up from the chair. Yongguk quickly got in between them and pulled Changjo from Jonghyun’s grip.

“I think we should be going. Changjo say goodbye to your parents.”

“We’re not done talking,” Key said getting up from the couch to stop them from leaving but Yongguk shook his head.

“We are done talking. I put up with you guys putting your hands on me but I will not sit here and watch Changjo be abused by you two. Changjo will contact you later. Now say goodbye Changjo,” Yongguk repeated.

“Bye appas,” Changjo mumbled out but that was enough to satisfy Yongguk as he took his hand and led him to the door.

Once they were outside, it felt like both of them could finally breathe. The tension in that house ever since Jonghyun landed the first punch on Yongguk’s face was so thick that they thought they would suffocate if they were in that house any longer.

Changjo went right to the driver’s side of the car but Yongguk walked over to him and held his hand out, asking Changjo for the keys.

“I can drive hyung.”

“No you can’t. You’re practically fuming. You know road rage can kill right?”

“You’re the one that got punched though, you should be resting,” Changjo said but Yongguk wouldn’t let up.

“Just give me the keys Changjo,” Yongguk insisted and after a minute Changjo gave in and unhappily handed Yongguk the car keys.

            Yongguk drove them to his apartment and after showering and eating a little something they both ended up settling into his bed. Yongguk was laying on his back while Changjo was gently applying an icepack to Yongguk’s swollen cheek and nose.

            “I’m so sorry about this hyung. I would’ve never thought that they would do something like this. I guess you were right, it would’ve been best not to go.”

            “I’m ok Changjo and you can stop with the ice. I’m pretty sure it’s not going to do much at this point,” Yongguk said as he took the icepack from Changjo’s hand and placed it on the floor. Luckily he had wooden floors, so any water that would’ve melted from it would be easy to clean up later. All Yongguk wanted to do now was lie in his bed and cuddle with Changjo all night.

            So he pulled Changjo down to lie on his chest as he softly ran his fingers through the younger man’s hair. They both stayed like that for some time, not saying anything to each other, simply enjoying each other’s presence but their silence was soon broken when there was a knock at Yongguk’s door. Yongguk let out a soft sigh as he slowly removed himself from under Changjo and headed toward the door. Changjo just rolled onto his side, pulling the covers up higher over his body to keep himself warm now that Yongguk’s body heat was taken from him. As he closed his eyes though he heard Yongguk call his name and with an annoyed huff he got up from the bed and went to see what was going on.

            “Hyung, what is it? I was going to try and go to sleep and…” Changjo stopped talking when he noticed the man standing in the doorway and instantly recognized him.

“Are you going to continue to stand there and stare or are you going to let me come inside?”

Changjo quickly moved out of the way, pushing Yongguk to the side as well to let the older man inside of the apartment. He immediately started looking around, picking at things here and there before sitting on the couch in couch in Yongguk’s living area.

“Umm…just who are you and why have you come over to my apartment so late at night?” Yongguk was the first to speak up since Changjo wasn’t speaking or more like forgot how to speak entirely.

“Jonghyun knows who I am,” the man said as he turned his attention back to Changjo, “Don’t you.”

            “Mun Junghyuk, CEO of Moon and Sun Electronics, the biggest electronics company in Korea, as well as my biological father,” Changjo said in an almost robotic state.

            “Your father?!”

            “Yes his father, now who are you?” Junghyuk asked looking Yongguk up and down. Yongguk quickly stuck his hand out for a handshake, which Junghyuk did not reciprocate, causing Yongguk to slowly put his hand down before clearing his throat to speak.

            “Ah, I’m Bang Yongguk and I’m Changjo’s boyfriend,” Yongguk said as he slowly wrapped an arm around Changjo’s waist.

            “Oh yes, Jihae did say that they changed your name. It’s so…unfitting. Jonghyun is a much better name. Also this whole “boyfriend” thing, that’s not going to work. For now you guys can keep seeing each other but when the time comes I already have someone picked out for you to marry and…”

  “Wait...hold up. What are you going on about?” Yongguk asked confused as to what this man was talking about.

  “Why, Jonghyun becoming the next in line to take over my company of course.”

            That’s when Changjo finally snapped out of his daze and looked at Junghyuk wide eyed before yelling out “WHAT?!”


I am a liar, you guys know this already just don't trust my words especially when it comes to when i will update but here! I had to revamp the whole ending so yes, this is what you get. I hope you guys read my last chapter that has now been deleted but if not, this story will be taking a backseat (more than before) so i can update the other ones that are interconnected with the series. Only because this one will be ending very soon! Also in case you ain't read my blog, i am currently in S.Korea, so my writing will take even more of a backseat which honestly....i don't even know why i say this cause its not like i was updating frequently, but here's your damn update! Enjoy it!!

~Lolo