The Beginning Of The End

Our Happy Family

           As Jonghyun was getting ready for work the next day he noticed that Key was still sleeping. He felt bad for yelling at him last night but he was just so tired and didn’t feel like dealing with his drunken antics. Why had Key brought a bottle of wine anyway? He wondered to himself, knowing that Key didn’t like to drink anymore because of the way he would act when he did. Jonghyun was going to wake him up but figured that he could use the rest. So he called into the salon for him to tell them that he probably wouldn’t be showing up and then left a note along with a glass of water and two pain killers on the nightstand for him.

            When Jonghyun got to his office, he immediately got to work. He started tweaking the completed EXO song, deciding that he would submit it and hopefully they would use it. Jonghyun knew that he was supposed to be working on Bomi-ssi’s songs but he needed to finish this first to move on. By lunch, the song was the way he wanted it to be and he looked at it with a warm smile as he stretched out his muscles from being stumped over his desk all morning. He was just about to order lunch when there was a knock at his door.

            “Come in.”  He said as he looked over the menu again, to decide on what he wanted.

           “Excuse me Jonghyun-ssi?” Jonghyun looked up when he heard Bomi speak, surprised to see her in his office.

            “Ah Bomi-ssi. Did you need something?”

            She shook her head, loose strands of hair shaking wildly. “I was just wondering if you had lunch yet.” She asked in a timid voice, her cheeks flushing slightly, almost going unnoticed. Her actions caused Jonghyun to smile.

            “I was just about to go to lunch. Would you like to join me?” He asked, figuring they could talk more about her album.

            “If I won’t be a bother…”

            “No, I enjoy your company. Now come on, let’s go.” He said as he walked over to her. Jonghyun even stuck his arm out for her to hook arms with him. She looked confused, however, and Jonghyun found it adorable. “Shall we go my lady?” He said in an old fashioned way to sort of lighten the mood. Bomi nodded her head before linking her slender arm with his strong one. Jonghyun noticed her blush deepen and he felt a small tug at his heartstrings as he looked at Bomi. ‘Maybe working with her won’t be too bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            As the two of them were heading off to have lunch together, someone was just waking up with a killer headache. Key found his bed empty and figured Jonghyun left for work already. He couldn’t remember much from last night. All he remembered was Jonghyun coming home and putting him in bed. After that is was all a bit fuzzy. He looked to the clock that read 12:05pm.

            “Seriously Jjong, you couldn’t wake me up before leaving?” He muttered to himself, pissed that he missed all of his morning appointments. Well I guess it is sort of my fault. I shouldn’t have drunk all of that wine, I told myself I was only going to have one glass but it was just too good. He thought to himself as he slowly sat up trying to not make his headache worse.

            Key looked over to his nightstand again and saw the glass of water next to the pills and was thankful that they were there. He also noticed a note that was left as well. Key took the pills first before reading the note.

Key,

I know you probably feel like crap right now so I left these pills here for you to take.

I also called the salon to let them know that you probably won’t be coming in today.

So don’t worry about that and just get some rest.

I will try to come home early tonight, so I’ll see you then.

Oh and can you please stay away from the alcohol?

For Me?

Jjong.

Key smiled to himself as he finished the note.

            “He’s always worrying about me isn’t he? Well at least I don’t have to go in now.” He said as he snuggled back under his covers, ready to sleep off his hangover but wasn’t allowed to drift off when his cell phone rang. Key let out an irritated sigh, not wanting to speak to anyone at the moment but figuring it was probably something important he picked up the ringing device.

            “Yoboseyo?”

            “Key oppa?”

            “Jinri-ah? What’s wrong? Do I need to come down to the salon?” Key asked wondering why Jinri was calling him. He figured it couldn’t be anything too major because if it was Jaehwa noona would have called him, since she’s the manager for the salon, while Jinri was only another stylist.

            “Ah no oppa. It’s just… I don’t know if I should say.”

            “ you’re keeping me from sleep. Either tell me or don’t.” Is what Key wanted to say but he knew Jinri was a timid girl so instead he said, “Its fine. Whatever it is that you have to tell me I won’t get mad.”

            “Ah well… I was just going out to lunch and I saw Jonghyun-ssi with…a girl.” She hesitated saying the last part. Key let out a soft sigh sort of pissed that this was her reason for calling.

            “Jinri-ah, no offence but it was him probably just going to lunch with a co-worker. So if you don’t mind I’m going to…”

            “Wait oppa! They were walking with their arms linked together and the way he looked at her…it didn’t look like they were just friends to me.” She quickly said so that Key wouldn’t hang up. Key felt slightly jealous hearing this but reminded himself that Jonghyun wasn’t going to cheat on him.

            “Jinri, I appreciate your concern but I can assure that it’s probably nothing. Now stop spying and I’ll see you at work tomorrow.” Key said as he hung up the phone and got comfortable again in his bed. Even though he had told her that it was probably nothing he still had a nagging feeling in the back of his mind that it probably wasn’t.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Back at the school the day was over and Changjo was waiting by Yongguk’s car for him to take him to the dance studio. After waiting for about ten minutes Yongguk finally showed up.

            “What took you so long?” Changjo asked as they got in the car and started to drive away from the school.

            “I had something to do.” Yongguk said bluntly.

            “Oh…well I could have walked if you were busy.” Changjo now felt like he was bothering Yongguk who probably had better things to do than be his chauffeur. 

            “I said I was going to drive you, so I’m going to drive you.” That was the end of the conversation and the rest of the ride was done in silence.

            “I’ll call you when I get home.” Changjo said when they arrived at the studio as he was about to get out of the car.

            “Call me when you’re done with your lesson. I’ll come pick you up.”

            “You don’t have too. I don’t want to bother you too much.”

            “Just call me ok.” Yongguk said as he placed a hand behind Changjo’s neck and pulled him into a kiss. It wasn’t a deep kiss but it still made Changjo’s heart flutter, like all the kisses Yongguk gave him did. “Now go have fun.”

            “Alright.” Changjo got out of the car and watched Yongguk drive away before heading inside for his lesson. However, when he got to the room that his lesson was supposed to be held in there was a note on the door saying that it was cancelled. Changjo let out a disappointed sigh, since he was really looking forward to the lesson.

            “I guess I should call Yongguk hyung to come back and get me…” Changjo thought out loud as he started dialing Yongguk’s number but stopped before pressing send. “But he might just get upset if he has to turn around. Plus uncle Taemin probably called everyone’s parents to let them know the lesson would be cancelled. So my appa is probably expecting me to come home.” Changjo continued muttering to himself, trying to decide on what he should do, before coming to the conclusion that it would be for the best if he just went home.

            When he got home, he heard his appa in the kitchen and headed straight there to greet him.

            “Key appa, I’m home.” Key set a small bowl of cut up fruit on the counter in front of his son.

            “I heard your lesson was cancelled today. Well that’s more time for us to spend together.” He said with a small smile. Key had finally gotten over his hangover and was about to start working on dinner. “Did you and Ricky make up last night?”

            “Huh? Oh yea…we had a long talk and everything is fine between us now.” Changjo caught himself. His appa didn’t need to know that he was really at Yongguk’s house or he would kill him.

            “That’s good. You should invite him over for dinner tonight then.”

            “Oh…I think he’s going out on a date with Himchan hyung tonight. So he won’t be able to come.”

            “On a school night? I don’t think he should be going out when there’s school the next day.”

            Changjo let out an annoyed sigh. He was tired of his appa trying to get into everyone’s business. “But you’re not his appa so what does it matter?” Changjo said letting his annoyance come through in his voice.

            “You watch your tone Changjo. I may not be his appa but I certainly am yours.”

            “Whatever. I’m going to my room to do my homework.” Changjo said as he walked out of the kitchen leaving Key alone again.

            “Whatever my . He needs to hurry up and grow out of this phase of his before I kill him.” Key muttered to himself as he continued doing what he started before.

            Changjo was in his room, on his bed, and not working on homework. Instead he was calling Yongguk and waiting for him to pick up. It took a while but soon he heard that click and Yongguk’s deep voice vibrating through the phone.

            “Yoboseyo.”

            “Yongguk hyung, what are you doing?” Changjo asked, feeling stupid that he did. He knew he didn’t have anything to talk about with Yongguk but he just wanted to hear his voice.

            “Nothing, is it time for me to come and get you already.”

            “Oh, my lesson was cancelled so I just went home.”

            “I see. I thought we might be able to spend some time together though.” It made Changjo happy that Yongguk wanted to be with him and he also wish that he could be with the older boy at the moment.

            “Well I will still see you tomorrow.”

            “Yea. I have to go though. So I will talk to you later.”

            “Oh ok. I love you hyung.” Changjo said his heart racing as he said it.

            “Me too.” That’s all Yongguk said before hanging up the phone and those two words had Changjo on cloud nine. He said he loved me. Changjo thought to himself as he stared at his phone with a smile. He still couldn’t believe that someone as cool and handsome as Yongguk could love someone like him.

 

            While Changjo was in his blissful heaven after the phone call, Key was still in the kitchen preparing dinner. Time quickly ticked by and before he knew it, Jonghyun was walking in the door.

            “Whatever you’re working on in there smells delicious.” Jonghyun yelled out as he worked on removing his shoes by the front door.

            “Of course it smells good. I’m the one making it aren’t I?”

            Jonghyun walked into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Key’s waist before placing a kiss on Key’s cheek. He was glad to find Key at home, sober, and making dinner like he normally did. “I can cook pretty well too you know.”

            “I think you meant to say that you can burn food well.”

            “Hey, remember that time I took those cooking lessons?”

            “What? Twenty years ago? Just admit it Jjong, the only thing you can make is cereal and ramen.”

            “Well I make some awesome ramen though.”

            Key placed the top on a stew he was working on before turning around in Jonghyun’s arms and placing a chaste kiss on his lips.  “Sure you do. Now how about you go wash up for dinner and then get Changjo so we can eat soon.”

            Jonghyun gave Key another kiss before going off to do what Key asked of him. After washing his hands he poked his head into Changjo’s bedroom and told him to do the same because dinner was ready. Soon enough they were all sitting at the table, eating, and catching up with each other’s day.

            “So Jonghyun how was work today?” Key asked.

            “It was fine. I’m working on a mini album for a debuting solo singer.”

            “So they finally put you in charge of a whole album. Look at that, my baby’s moving up in the business.”

            “Yea…” Jonghyun said not wanting to tell Key the truth that this was actually his last chance to make a hit single or be demoted. He felt like he shouldn’t worry Key over something like that. It wasn’t like they would be hurting for money if he was demoted because he still has his trust fund that he hardly ever touched, so they would be fine. It was more of his pride on the line if anything.

            “It’s not a whole album though, just a mini one.” Jonghyun added.

            “Whatever. I’m still proud of you.” Key said with a smile on his face.

            “Yea, so how was dinner without me yesterday? It must’ve been extremely boring.” Jonghyun said trying to change the topic.

            “Oh, it wasn’t boring at all when you have Key appa embarrass you in front of your boyfriend.” Changjo joined the conversation.

            “Your boyfriend came over?” Jonghyun was sort of upset that he missed meeting the guy.

            “Yea, Changjo invited him over before asking me and then we all had dinner, along with Ricky and his boyfriend.”

            “Ricky has a boyfriend? Wow, I’m really out of the loop aren’t I?”

            “Well if you would have come home last night…”

            “I was working Key.” Jonghyun cut him off, not really in the mood for Key placing blame on him.

            “Anyway,” Changjo broke the awkward silence that was slowly starting to settle in the air, “Yongguk hyung came over and Key appa started to ask all of these embarrassing questions. He even told him not to have with me, like he said it out loud Jjong appa, in front of everyone.”

            Jonghyun turned to Key, shock written all over his face. He also didn’t want Changjo to be engaging in ual activities at such a young age but he wouldn’t purposely embarrass him in front of his friends like that.

            “What?” Key asked, wondering why Jonghyun was looking at him like that.

            “Did you seriously do that?”

            “Yea, and his boyfriend ended up being a little about it. Basically saying that he’ll do whatever he wants to do with our son, can you believe that?! Changjo’s lucky I didn’t punch him in the face.”

            “It was your fault anyway! You didn’t even give him a chance! You just started accusing him of things as soon as he walked in the door!” Changjo screamed getting upset again.

            “Well if you were dating someone that wasn’t a complete I wouldn’t have had to act like that.”

            “Key!” It was time for Jonghyun to intervene.

            “What?!”

            “That’s enough.”

            “Are you siding with Changjo now?”

            “I’m not siding with either of you. Can we please just get through dinner, peacefully?”

            Key let out a harsh sigh and Changjo simply stood from the table saying that he was full, before going into his room and slamming the door. Leaving Jonghyun with Key but, instead of exploding like Jonghyun thought Key would do, they finished dinner in silence. However, after living with Key for so long Jonghyun knew that silence was worse than him screaming, because it always meant the screaming part was still to come and he was right. As soon as everything was clean and they were in their bedroom, Key confronted Jonghyun.

            “What was all that about?!” Key asked as he stood in front of Jonghyun.

            “What are you talking about?”

            “I’m talking about you not backing me up out there!”          

“From what I heard Changjo say I have to say I agree with him. You shouldn’t have embarrassed him in front of his friends like that.”

“Oh so now you’re telling me that you’re believing the word of a 14 year old over me?”

“Well why don’t you tell me your side? Did you or did you not tell his boyfriend not to have with him.”

“I didn’t say it in such a vulgar way. I told him that I didn’t want him doing inappropriate things with Changjo.”

“Still you shouldn’t have said it in front of his friends. You could have pulled the boy aside and had a one on one talk with him.”

              “Whatever, it’s over and done with! The point is that if we are going to discipline and teach Changjo properly we need to be on the same page and you shouldn’t undermine me in front of him.”

              “Oh. Like how you undermined me when you decided to beat Changjo as a way of punishing him?!” Jonghyun yelled out finally done with arguing and dealing with Key because it seemed like it was always what Key wanted when they spoke. Key never cared to listen to him and what he thought and Jonghyun had enough of it.

             “W-What?” And there it was. Key’s eyes started to glisten, his tough façade started to break, and Jonghyun was under his spell again, feeling like because of what he said.

            “Key…I’m sorry,” he said as he let out a soft sigh, “I shouldn’t have said that. Just please can we not argue anymore?” Jonghyun asked as he tried to wrap his arms around Key but Key pushed him away.

            “N-No. Jonghyun I think…I think you, no I, need to sleep on the couch tonight. I-I just can’t be around you right now.”

            Key grabbed a pillow and a blanket before walking out of the room to sleep on the couch, leaving Jonghyun in the bedroom feeling like . And for the second time since they got married they slept apart from each other. 


Update!! Yay! Sorry it took so long with this one. I tend to get distracted while I write. There is not much to say about this chapter but I hoped you all enjoyed it! Oh and don't get too freaked out by the title of this chapter, I just couldn't think of something good to call it. It doesn't reflect anything that will happen in the future (or does it?) 

~Side Talk~

Me: Welcome to another segment of Side Talk! Today we have with us the JongKey couple and Changjo. Yongguk couldn't join us because he wasn't feeling well. 

Changjo: No, it's because Key appa has traumatized him.  

Key: Now who's all talk and no bite. That little deserved it. 

Changjo: No he didn't! You had no right to hurt him like that!!  

Key: I did it to protect you baby. He's a bad, bad man that is only going to hurt you. 

Changjo: Don't talk down to me. I'm not some child!  

Key: To... 

Me: Alright, let's stop this so I can move on with my show.  

Key: Did you just cut me off?! 

Me: Yes, I did. Now we have some questions from our viewers... 

Key:  *Sarcastically* Oh I just love those... 

Me: You better because there are a bunch for you and Jonghyun. Anyway the first two come from AlmightyNeesa and D-1knight-of-justice. I've decided to combine their question since they sort of relate. AlmightyNeesa  says, I know this is mean, but do you ever regret adopting Changjo? And then D-1knight-of-justice says, Of all the kids in the world to adopt, why on Earth did it have to be Changjo? Oh and they applaud you choking Yongguk.

Key: Well I can answer these questions really easily. To the first person the answer is no. I don't ever regret adopting Changjo. That's like asking your parents if they regret giving birth to you. And to the second person, I adopted Changjo because he was the perfect child for our family.

Jonghyun: Oh, our? I'm surprised you said that since for most of your answer it was all, I, I, I. It's always about you isn't it Key? You know that we adopted Changjo. Both our names are on the papers. 

Key: Are you being serious right now Jjong?! Why are you splitting hairs over the way I phrased my answer?! 

Jonghyun: Oh am I? It's not my fault that you're acting like it was your decision to get Changjo. 

Key: Actually it was! I picked him out!! 

Changjo: Picked me out? I'm a person, not a piece of meat! 

Key: You know what I mean Changjo! If your Jjong appa wasn't being such a right now, I wouldn't of ever said that in the first place. 

Me: Alright!! Just stop and Jonghyun can you answer the questions now? 

Jonghyun: Yea. Like Key said we don't ever regret adopting Changjo. He's the perfect child, he fits well with us and completes our family. Even if he is going through a rebellious phase at the moment we will all get through it together. 

Key: You mean you're going to always be at work and make me handle it?!  

Changjo: And I'm not going through a phase! This is who I am!!  

Jonghyun: That is not what I mean Key. You know that I'm always there for you guys. Just because I come home late once, now I'm not there for my family?! 

Key: You know what. I'm done arguing with you!  

Jonghyun: Finally. 

Me: Well, let's move on then. I feel like this isn't an appropriate question for right now but I'm going to ask it anyway. It comes from GabriellaW and they ask: How does having a child in the house affect your life? 

Changjo: It doesn't. I can hear them very loud and clear, thus why I go to Ricky's house so much. 

Key: Yea the only thing affecting our life right now is Jonghyun's "work." 

Jonghyun: What are you trying to say? 

Key: I think you know exactly what I'm trying to say!! 

Me: Stop!! Let's not start this again. I only have three more questions! The next one is for Changjo and it comes from D-1knight-of-justice, they asked: Why must you be so stupid and make me hate you? 

Changjo: No one told you that you had to like me. Plus I'm not stupid, just because you don't agree with my life decisions doesn't make me stupid. You have no right to judge me!! 

Me: Ok, calm down there big man. The next one isn't really a question but a statement for Yongguk from the same person. They are basically telling him to go die. Hmm...can you pass the message onto him Changjo? 

Changjo: Are you crazy?! I would never tell him such a thing!! 

Me: Alright! Jeez, no reason to get so worked up.  

Key: You know what I think we're done here. Come on guys, we're leaving! 

Jonghyun: His highness has spoken! Now we must all do as he says before we are sent to the guillotine. 

Key: Keep ing with me Jonghyun and you're going to wish you went to a guillotine. 

*They all walk out*

Me: Good thing the last question was for me. It comes from Locket-BlingerMVP13 and they asked: Will we hear from MyName? Hmm... the best answer I can give you is that you have to wait and see. Anyway, that's all for this segment. Until next time!! 

~Lolo