Talk To Me

Our Happy Family

“He wants to see you”

            “Who…Ricky?”

            “Yea. He asked me to bring him to you once he gets clearance to leave the hospital. I told him I would, but he doesn’t seem to remember anything about what happened Himchan, even though that’s probably for the best,” Yongguk said as he updated his friend on Ricky.

            “Did he read my letters?” Himchan asked looking hopeful, but Yongguk shook his head.

            “I don’t think he did yet and knowing Changjo he might’ve destroyed them before Ricky could get the chance.”

          “But why would he? I wrote those for Ricky. No one else should have read them or touched them but Ricky,” Himchan complained and Yongguk let out a soft sigh.

            “Listen Himchan, you know I love you and would do anything for you but not everyone cares about you like I do and Changjo…he’s not fond of you currently and is only trying to keep his friend safe,” Yongguk tried to reason. Himchan was about to rebut his statement before he realized that it was true. Ricky needed to be kept away from Himchan, for his own safety and no matter how much Himchan wanted to see the younger boy; he didn’t want to cause him anymore pain.

            “Tell him I don’t want to see him,” Himchan said trying to keep his voice steady but Yongguk could easily see through his façade.

            “I won’t. I know you want to see him and talk to him so just let him meet with you at least once,” Yongguk said trying to convince Himchan to change his mind.

            “No. I don’t want to see him Yongguk. Do not bring him here at all. He’ll be happier if we just go separate ways now.”

            Yongguk stared at his friend for a couple of seconds before getting up from his chair to leave. “Your trial date is coming up in two days. Try to get some rest ok?”

            As Yongguk was leaving the correctional facility he was still trying to come up with alternative ways to help Himchan. Ever since Ricky got hurt he saw his friend changing, losing hope, and every day he worried about if that would be the last day he’d ever see his friend. Himchan had never been the suicidal type but he had also never dated for as long or loved someone as much as he did Ricky. So to see the toll it was taking on his friend not only emotionally but physically as well, it was enough to cause anyone to worry.

            After having his belongings returned to him he turned his phone back on and checked to see if Changjo had responded to any of his calls or texts but was disappointed to not have received any sort of contact from the younger boy. He let out a harsh sigh as he tossed his phone into the passenger seat and made his way over to the hospital. Yongguk wanted to check on Ricky but he was also hoping that Changjo might be there as well. Unfortunately the only other person in the room with Ricky was Seungho and saying that Yongguk wasn’t fond of him would be an understatement.

            “Hello Ricky, how are you today?” Yongguk asked, deciding it best to just ignore the other man in the room.

            “I’m getting better. Did Changjo come with you?” Ricky asked as he looked to the door hoping that Changjo was following slowly behind.

            “Ah…no. I was actually hoping he’d be here with you. You haven’t seen him at all today?”

            Ricky shook his head. “I haven’t seen him since he yelled at me two days ago. I was hoping he’d come so I’d be able to apologize. Seungho-ssi has sort of filled me in on what happened and I read all of Himchan’s letters too. So I guess I shouldn’t have gotten so upset with Changjo but…”

            “No, he still had no right to yell at you like that,” Seungho stepped in but Ricky disagreed.

            “He just wanted to make sure I stayed safe. I know he’s just worried about me. Anyway, the doctors say I have to stay another week just to make sure I’m ok. Something about my blood levels still being a little off, but can you bring this to Himchan hyung for me?” Ricky asked as he held out a letter of his own that he had written. Yongguk took the letter from him and agreed to bring it to Himchan.

            “I’m sure he’d love to read it. He’s asked me every day how you’re doing.”

            “I know. He always is the type to worry. He bought me gifts and apologized every day for a whole week after he hit me the first time, even when I told him to stop. He has a good heart it’s just…I guess sometimes he just a got a little too angry with me,” Ricky said forcing out a small chuckle and wiping at the tears that threatened to fall from his eyes.

           “You don’t have to make excuses for him Ricky! This has nothing to do with what you did or how you acted. He’s nothing but a jealous bastard that twists the meaning of love around to fit his needs,” Seungho said as he came next to Ricky and put a hand on his shoulder.

            “Who are you to say those things about him?! You have no idea what type of person he is or what he’s gone through in life! Who are you to be judging him?!” Yongguk snapped. He couldn’t take it anymore. This random person that had nothing to do with what happened and knew nothing about Himchan was sitting here dragging his best friends name through the mud and he wouldn’t continue to sit there and let Seungho bad mouth him.          

            “It doesn’t matter what type of life he’s led. Maybe bad things have happened to him in the past but that does not give him or anyone else the excuse to abuse others. There’s no excuse. Do I have any doubt that he might actually love Ricky? No, I don’t. Do I disagree with the way he expresses his love? You bet your I do and if keeping Ricky away from Himchan is the only way to assure that he’ll be safe, well then I’ll definitely take Changjo side and say that Ricky shouldn’t ever meet up with Himchan, ever.”

            Ricky placed a hand on top of Seungho’s to try and calm him down. He didn’t want the two men arguing, especially over something that didn’t concern them.

            “It’s ok Seungho-ssi. I know that Himchan loves me and would never harm me on purpose. He just…has a weird way of showing it. Plus I want to see him. I want to let him know that I’m not mad at him…” Ricky looked down at his fingers, picking at his cuticles before daring to utter the next few words, “that I still love him,” and once they slipped from his lips he looked up to see Seungho’s shocked expression as his hand slipped off of his shoulder.

            Ricky turned to Yongguk then and asked “He isn’t going to go to jail is he? Himchan doesn’t belong in jail.”

            “I don’t know Ricky. Maybe if you testified for him…”

            “Ricky will do no such thing!”

            All three men looked to the door to see Changjo standing there, clutching a plastic bag tight in his grip to the point that his hand was turning white.

            “Changjo…” Ricky started but was ended up being cut off by Changjo.

            “No Ricky. You’re not going to step one foot in that courtroom, especially not to testify for Himchan’s defense,” Changjo said as he walked further into the room, setting the bag down on the table under the window before making his way to Ricky’s bedside.

            “I don’t want you to go through that Ricky. Plus I’m sure Yongguk here has hired and paid off enough people to get Himchan off anyway,” Changjo said with distaste for Yongguk dripping from each word. He knew he didn’t hate the older man, but he still couldn’t agree with his actions.

            “Changjo, I know you want to protect me but this is my decision. You don’t have to agree with it but as my friend you should at least respect whatever decision I make.”

            Changjo stared at his friend before shrugging his shoulders and looking away from him as he bit on his lower lip. “Anyway I just came here to say I’m sorry for yelling at you. Also I brought you some stew my Key appa made. You should have some to help you feel better,” he said as he started heading for the door, “I should be going. I just wanted to drop the food off to you and see how you were so…”

            “You just got here. Can’t you at least stay for a little while?” Ricky asked, but Changjo shook his head.

            “Sorry, plus I bet you have lots to discuss with Yongguk about Himchan and I don’t want to get in the way of that. I’ll check in with you later,” and with that Changjo walked out of the room and Ricky kept staring at the door even though he could no longer he see his best friend standing there.

            Ricky felt tears prick at his eyes but quickly rubbed them away, blaming it on the dust in the room. He was upset that Changjo was unhappy with him as well as the fact that he didn’t get the chance to apologize to his friend. He felt Seungho’s comforting hand being placed back on his shoulder and looked up at him to give him a small smile.

            “I’m ok,” he whispered out, not trusting his voice not to crack. Ricky looked to Yongguk to see the other man still staring at the door before saying, “It’s ok. You can follow him. I’m sure he’d like the company.”

            “I’m not too sure about that but thanks and don’t worry, I’ll make sure Himchan gets your letter,” Yongguk said before rushing out the door.

            “Did you mean what you said Ricky?”

            “Hmm…about what?” Ricky asked as Seungho sat back down in the chair by Ricky’s bed.

            “About still loving Himchan.”

            Ricky stared at him for a moment before slowly nodding his head, feeling somewhat ashamed to admit it.

            “I know that he’s the reason I’m here. I get that but…sometimes you just can’t help who you fall in love with.”

            Seungho let out a soft sigh as he took Ricky’s hand into his and said “I understand but I just want you to be safe and hopefully you’ll find someone better for you than him.”

            “Can I ask you something Seungho-ssi?”

            “Sure, what is it?”

            “Why do you stay? What I mean is, why do you stay by my side all the time? I don’t remember you and even though you say we were…”

            “Are, we are friends,” Seungho cut him off and Ricky nodded.

            “That still doesn’t explain why you spend all of your free time with me.”

            “Let’s just say, I knew someone that went through what you’re going through and I couldn’t save them, but this time…I want to make sure I save at least one person I care about from the same fate that abusive relationships bring.”

            Ricky stared at Seungho for a moment and saw the sadness in his eyes and decided not to push the subject and if Seungho ever wanted to tell him the full story, he’d be glad to listen.

            As soon as Yongguk left the room he stared looking frantically for Changjo before soon realizing that he had already left the hospital property. So he hurried to his car, remembering that he left his cell in the passenger’s seat and quickly dialed Changjo’s number only to have all of his calls sent to voicemail.

            “Damn…why are you ignoring me Changjo?” Yongguk said as he hit his steering wheel in frustration. He then started the car and made his way back to his apartment. He was tired and frustrated and all he wanted right now was a warm shower to calm his nerves.

            “I’ll just go by Changjo’s dorm later to see if I can catch him there,” Yongguk thought to himself as he made it back home. As he opened the door to his apartment, he noticed a pair of sneakers that weren’t his in the doorway as well as a duffle bag. Knowing that only two people had the key to his apartment he called out for the person he assumed was there now.

            “Changjo, where are you?” he said as he walked further inside and came across Changjo in the kitchen writing something down on a notepad.

            “Oh...” Changjo looked up at Yongguk standing in the threshold before lowering his gaze back to his note, “I thought I had more time.”

            “What are you doing here? Why did you pack your things and…” Yongguk’s voice caught in his throat as he got closer to him and noticed the bracelet and the ring sitting on the counter next to the note Changjo was writing.

            “What…what’s going on?”

            “I really wanted to be gone before you got back but…I’ve thought about it Yongguk and I don’t think we can do this. I don’t think I can stay with you,” Changjo said, twirling the pen in his hand, not once looking up at Yongguk.                   

            “Why? What brought you to this conclusion?” Yongguk asked, coming even closer to Changjo, but making sure to keep a safe distance between them as to not upset him.

            “Honestly, this whole situation with Ricky has. I thought I could stay by your side even if I didn’t support your views and reasoning but I…I just can’t.”

            “What about Ricky then?”

            “What about him?” Changjo asked finally lifting his head and looking at Yongguk.

            “Are you going to stop being friends with him too since he wants to see Himchan and is still in love with him?”

            “Ricky is not still in love with him!” Changjo exclaimed.

            “Yes, he is. He said so himself.”

            “Well…Ricky’s confused. Once he realizes just how much pain Himchan has caused him he’ll change his mind. Plus I’m his best friend. I have to stay by his side and help him through this, that’s what friends do,” Changjo stated.

            “Exactly! That’s what best friend’s do, they stay by their friends side no matter how much they up because they love them and want to help them. So what makes me wanting to help Himchan so wrong?”

            “Because he’s dangerous! He hurts people that he supposedly loves!!” Changjo screamed as he slammed the pen against the counter, trying not to let his emotions get the best of him but failing in the process.

            “He needs help, I’ll admit that but he also needs a support system and I’m all he has. So I’m sorry Changjo, if you can’t see that all I’m trying to do is help my friend out by giving him the love, support, and resources that he needs to get better then maybe we shouldn’t be together, but…” Yongguk took a couple of steps closer to Changjo until he was able to touch him and gently placed his hands on his arms, staring straight into his eyes,

            “I love you and I don’t want you to leave me. I know you’ve been upset with me and I’m sorry about that but I still love you Changjo and I know we can work through this,” Yongguk finished and Changjo directed his gaze away from Yongguk and onto a random spot on the counter.

            “I…Ricky he…”

            “For one moment Changjo, can you just forget about Ricky and Himchan,” Yongguk asked cutting him off as lifted his hand to Changjo’s chin, forcing the younger boy to look at him again, “Just don’t think about them. Think about us. Do you hate me Changjo?”

            At the question Changjo’s eyes went wide for a moment before returning back to normal size as he shook his head no.

            “Ok, then do you love me?”

            Changjo bit his lower lip, shifting his eyes again, before answering, “Yes but…”   

            “Do you want to be with me then?” Yongguk asked cutting him off once again.

            “Yongguk it’s not that simple.”

            “And why isn’t it?”

            “Because…it’s hard,” Changjo admitted.

            “What is? Our relationship?”

            “No…yes. I don’t know it’s just we don’t agree and we’ve just been arguing since the incident happened and…”           

            “And couples argue Changjo, but they work through it and come to a mutual understanding in the end,” Yongguk reasoned but Changjo shook his head as if that wasn’t what he was getting at.

            “I know that but still…”

            “Changjo…are you scared?” Yongguk asked interrupting him.

            “Scared? Of what?”

            “Of us. Are you using this situation as a reason for us to breakup because you’re scared of our relationship?” Yongguk asked seriously and that caused Changjo to pull away from him and walk to the other side of the kitchen.

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m not scared. Like I said I just don’t think we’ll end up working out.”

            “How do you know if you don’t even try? For the last two months all you’ve done is either avoid me or yell at me, but you’ve never once tried to talk to me so that we could resolve this. So tell me, what do you really want from me? What have I done that really has made you this upset?”

            Changjo diverted his eyes and chewed on his lower lip again as he tucked a stray strand of hair behind his ear. Yongguk noticed Changjo’s nervous ticks and walked over to him so that he could take Changjo’s hands into his.

            “Tell me Changjo…”he whispered out, “what have I really done to upset you? Tell me so I can fix it.”

            Changjo brought his gaze to Yongguk’s face and looked him in the eyes before gathering his strength to speak again.

            “Why…Why didn’t you tell me what Himchan had done in the past?”

            “Because it was in the past. He had gone to a couple of therapy session and I honestly thought he was better. It had been almost five years and he’d never laid a hand on Ricky…well except that one time after the play but…”

            “What do you mean that one time after the play?! When?! Our freshman year?!! Why didn’t you tell me?!” Changjo exclaimed as he pulled away from Yongguk furious once again.

           “All he did was grabbed him a little harshly. I talked him down and it was fine, even Ricky had forgiven him. Plus, it wasn’t my place to tell you about what happens in Himchan’s personal life.”

            “You should’ve told me since it involved my best friend!”

            “Well let me ask you this, why didn’t Ricky ever tell you? Yes I knew about some of the things Himchan had done because he told me, but why didn’t Ricky ever tell you what was going on with them? I mean it seemed like that Seungho guy even knew more than you did, so shouldn’t you really be upset with Ricky and not me?” Yongguk stated bluntly and all Changjo could do was stare back at him with a blank expression on his face.

            “I…Maybe he…I don’t know why he didn’t tell me,” Changjo finally said after slowly getting his thoughts in order.

            “Changjo…I’m sorry for not telling you but at the same time I’m not. I’m sorry because maybe if you would’ve known you would’ve helped in looking for the warning signs but also as Himchan’s best friend, I have no right to divulge his secrets to anyone without his consent. Still, something as simple as this…something that really has nothing to do with our relationship directly, you’re going to let this ruin us before we even give it a full chance? Or well…second chance?”

            “It’s just…I was so angry. Hearing you talk on the phone with that lawyer. Talking about trying to cover this up just like the others, which by the way how many others are there?”

            “Only two and yes I covered those up for Himchan by paying their families off and I’m sorry if that makes you think less of me, but we were kids; sophomores and juniors in high school. The families agreed as well but I guess that doesn’t make it any better.”

            “What did he do to them?” Changjo hesitantly asked but Yongguk shook his head.

            “Let’s not talk about that. I want to finish talking about us. Was that the only thing that upset you? The fact that I talked about covering it up?”

            Changjo nodded his head and Yongguk let out a soft sigh before giving in and pulling Changjo into a tight hug.

            “I’m sorry then. I’m not trying to get Himchan off for this I swear. I…I just don’t want him to go to jail. I rather he be put into a mental facility so that he can get the help he needs and actually get better, but Changjo this still shouldn’t come between us. I don’t want what’s going on with them to affect us. Now,” Yongguk pulled away from the hug but just far enough so he could take Changjo’s hand a walk him back over to the counter,

            “Will you let me put this back on you?” Yongguk asked as he helped the ring up and got ready to place it back on Changjo’s hand.

            “Hyung…I need time to think.”

            “About what? What else is there? You love me and I love you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life so what else…”

            “What did you say?” Changjo asked cutting Yongguk off this time and Yongguk looked at him confused before repeating,

            “Umm…I love you?”

            “No after that.”

            “I want to be with you for the rest of my life?”

            “Yea…do you mean it?” Changjo asked, trying to see if it was just a slip of the tongue or not.

            “Are you asking me if I actually want to spend the rest of my life with you? If I want to one day marry you and start a family with you? Then grow old and spend our last years together? Yes, yes I do. Have you never thought about us like that or…?”

            Soon Yongguk was cut off by the feeling of soft lips against his own and it only took a minute for his brain to process that Changjo was kissing him and it was the sweetest and most wonderful kiss ever considering that he had so much as hugged him in the last two months. Yet before Yongguk was able to reciprocate the kiss Changjo had pulled away much too soon for his liking.

            “I…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do that I just…”

            Changjo was cut off by Yongguk pulling him into another kiss, this one much deeper than the last as he wrapped his arms around the shorter male and pulled him as close to him as he possibly could. Yongguk loved the feeling of how Changjo fit into his arms so perfectly; how he was easily able to wrap his arms around his slim waist. He loved the way Changjo smelled of vanilla and mint. He loved how soft Changjo’s skin felt under his fingertips as he slipped them up the bottom of his shirt to touch his lower back. Yongguk loved everything about Changjo, from the way he smelled, to the way he felt, and especially the soft gasps that slipped from Changjo’s lips every now and then, but soon the need for oxygen became apparent and very reluctantly Yongguk pulled away from Changjo to fill his lungs, but he didn’t move far as he rested his forehead against Changjo’s and stared at him with hooded eyes.

            “Changjo, I love you,” Yongguk said slightly breathless and he could see the light tint of pink dust across Changjo’s cheeks, but all the other man did was look away from him. Yongguk wasn’t having any more of that though.

            “Changjo…look at me. I. Love. You,” Yongguk said again pronouncing each word slowly and full of all the emotion he had for the younger man, “And I know you love me too so please, forgive me already.”

            “Hyung I…I love you too,” Changjo said giving in to his emotions. He soon felt one of Yongguk’s hands leave him before it rely to take his hand a slide the silver ring back onto his finger.

            “Then don’t ever take this off again. The only time you should be removing this ring is for when I give you your real engagement ring,” Yongguk said as he interlaced their fingers and lowered his head to the crook of Changjo’s neck.

            “What about when I shower?”

            “Keep it on. It’s real so it won’t rust,” he said as he started placing soft kisses onto Changjo’s neck only to have Changjo push him away when one of his hands started to inch farther up his shirt.

            “Hyung, not today,” Changjo said putting some space between them but Yongguk still didn’t remove his hands from off of him.          

            “I just want to feel you Changjo. I haven’t touched you in so long and I promise we won’t do anything but…just let me touch you,” Yongguk implored but Changjo shook his head.

            “Not today. I have things I actually have to do and didn’t even plan on spending this much time here.”

            “What do you have to do? Maybe I could help?”

            “It’s just homework and stuff hyung. I skipped my classes yesterday so I have to catch up so I don’t fall behind.”

            “You can do your work here. Just bring your books and I can help you with it as well since I’ve probably taken some of the classes you’re taking now.”

            “Hyung…you and I both know I won’t get any work done if I’m here but,” Changjo paused as he pulled away from Yongguk and started walking to the door, gathering his things on the way.

            “But what?”

            “You could come with me to the hospital. I think I owe Ricky an apology.”

            A smile placed itself on Yongguk’s face as he grabbed his car keys and followed behind Changjo only to have Changjo take the keys from his hands and place them on the key ring by the door before they stepped out.

            “Also, I’m driving.”

 

            When they arrived at the hospital Seungho was nowhere to be found but instead he had been replaced by Key who was currently sorting through all the containers of ramen in the corner of the room and making sure that Ricky ate the stew that he had made and heated up for him.

            “Key appa? What are you doing here?” Changjo asked as he entered the room bringing his father and Ricky’s attention to him.

            “What does it look like I’m doing? I’m checking on Ricky. Also where did all this ramen come from? Who’s going to eat all of this?”

            “Oh, I had bought that for Ricky so he could eat it when he woke up. One container for each day he was…sleep,” Changjo said hesitating on the last word.

            “Well he’s eating my stew right now. He needs real food not this crap, right Ricky?”

            Ricky nodded his head and took another spoonful of stew to show Key that he was in fact eating it, which made Key smile as he walked away from the pile of ramen back over to Ricky’s bedside.

            “The stew is very good Key hyung, thank you.”

            “Appa, you’re still making Ricky call you hyung? You know it’s getting a little creepy now,” Changjo said, smile on his face as he teased his father.

            Key let out a quiet huff but didn’t comment on his son’s statement. Instead he changed the subject to the guest that his son was accompanied by.

            “So, what’s this jackass doing here?” Key asked, not holding back any of the anger he had towards the other man.

            “Appa, please be nice. Ricky doesn’t need negative energy in the room, especially when he’s trying to get better.”

            “Yes Key-ssi, you should be nicer to your future son-in-law, anyway,” Yongguk said causing Key’s eyes to go wide and Ricky even started choking on his food.

            “Are you ok Ricky?” Key asked as he patted his back before bringing his gaze back to Yongguk and Changjo and Changjo elbowed Yongguk in the side knowing he was never going to hear the end of this now.

            “Do you have something to tell me Changjo?” Key asked in a calm, even tone, as soon as Ricky’s coughing fit had died down.     

            “No, not really Key appa. Well…ok Yongguk hyung and I are dating again but that’s it.”

            Key looked between the two boys before telling Changjo that they were going to talk about it later, giving Changjo something he really wasn’t looking forward to.

            “Anyway, Ricky I just came back to check on you again as well as to say I’m sorry,” Changjo started as we walked to the opposite side of Ricky’s bed that his father was on and reached for his friend’s hand.

            “I’ve been really harsh towards you these last few days and while I’ve been telling others not to stress you out, it seems like I’m the one that’s been doing it the most. So I’m sorry. I should’ve never yelled at you or treated you that way at all. I understand if you won’t forgive me but…”

            “Shut up Changjo,” Ricky then said cutting Changjo off. Changjo was shocked by the outburst but soon came back to himself when Ricky laughed a bit.

            “I already forgive you. I know you just worry about me and wouldn’t treat me like that if you did. You’re my best friend and a little yelling isn’t going to change that,” Ricky said with a smile on his face and the next thing he knew, a pair of arms was around him as he was brought into a bone crushing hug that almost caused him to spill his food.

            “Yah! Changjo don’t you knock his food over!” Key exclaimed, quickly removing the bowl from the vicinity of the two boys to avoid the mess.

            “Sorry” both boys said in unison before erupting into a fit of giggles.

            They all sat and talked for a little while longer, well everyone excluding Yongguk who sat in the corner of the room and just watched their interaction. The topics of conversation were light, never venturing into talk about Himchan because for one Ricky didn’t want to upset Changjo and secondly Changjo just didn’t want to talk about him.

            When they had all decided it was time to leave they said their goodbyes and made promises to come see him again soon and as all three of them were walking down the hall away from the room they saw Seungho walking up towards the room. Changjo took a couple of extra steps ahead of the group, going over to Seungho.        

            “Hyung, what are you doing back up here so soon?”

            “Oh I had just gone home to shower, get a change of clothes, and a couple more books for class,” Seungho answered simply as he gestured to his change of clothes and backpack he was carrying.

            “Do you plan on spending the night again? I swear you sleep here 3-4 times a week,” Changjo said and Seungho let out a soft chuckle.

            “Someone has to keep Ricky company.”

            “You know…I’m starting to think you might have a small crush on my friend. Well…just so you know, I don’t think you should be making your move on him so soon. He just woke up and still needs time to heal and get over….his ex, but when that time comes, I give you my blessing!” Changjo said as he placed an encouraging hand on Seungho’s shoulders.

            “Thanks. I don’t think I’ll need it but thanks anyway. I should get going, I’ll see you later Changjo.” Seungho then walked off towards Ricky’s room and Yongguk came up to Changjo’s side, wrapping an arm around his waist.

            “I don’t like him,” Yongguk whispered into Changjo’s ear and Changjo shook his head as he walked out of Yongguk’s arms.

            “Seungho hyung is a good guy. Plus I think he’ll be good for Ricky when he gets back on his feet.”

            “Hmm…and I think you’ll be good for me off your feet,” Yongguk said and before Changjo could even muster the energy to glare at him, Key ended up hitting him upside the head.

            “I heard that and I’ll have you know I do not appreciate you using such vulgar language around my son!”

            “Whatever, he’s not 15 anymore so I can do whatever I want with and to him,” Yongguk said with a suggestive smirk on his face. Changjo wanted no parts of the conversation so he walked ahead of them and called back,

            “Hyung if you don’t hurry up I’m going to leave you here/.” This caused Yongguk to rush over to Changjo’s side since Changjo was his ride and he didn’t feel like trying to figure out his way home so late at night.

            “I’ll call you later Key appa!” Changjo called out.

            “You better, because we have a lot to talk about,” Key called back and Changjo waved him off. He knew that whatever talk they would have wouldn’t be a pleasant one but as Yongguk interlaced their fingers and they walked back to his car together, he figured it wouldn’t be so bad as long as Yongguk was by his side.  


Ok so this chapter didn't advance the plot much but it did tie up some loose ends so that we can move forward. Sorry its not as long as other chapters BUT it didn't take half a year, so plus side!!

Anyway until next time

~Lolo