Finals

Our Happy Family

“Sera, what are you doing?” Changjo asked as he came back from the bathroom, wearing a baggy t-shirt and a pair of baggy shorts, while towel drying his hair.

            “What is this? Is this my Christmas gift? Can I open it? Please?” she asked excitedly and Changjo noticed she had the box that contained the bracelet that Yongguk had given him two weeks ago in it. He quickly walked over to her and snatched it out of her hand.

            “This isn’t for you noona and please stop going through my stuff,” he said as he placed the box in his backpack for the time being and continued towel drying his hair. Sera crossed her arms across her chest and pouted.

            “Who is it for if it’s not for me then? Are you seeing another girl?”

            Changjo let out a soft sigh before looking over to Sera who he has soon come to realize only really wanted to be with him because he bought her things. Even on his birthday she decided she couldn’t hang out with him because her friend really had invited her to a party that night. Yet instead of inviting him, she decided she wanted to have some girl time.

            It wasn’t like Changjo was super upset about it, but he was seriously getting tired of “pretending” to date Sera. Plus it was starting to get on the expensive side and while he found nothing wrong with the fact that she liked having people spend money on her, he rather not be the person to do it, especially since he didn’t love her. The only question left was when would be the best time to break up with her. He wanted to do it before Christmas but since finals were coming up he didn’t want her sad during her finals, but then again he felt like she didn’t really love him either so it shouldn’t be too bad.

            “Hello? Earth to Changjo?! Are you seeing another girl?” she asked again as she walked over to him with her arms crossed over her chest. Changjo gave her a small smile before leaning in to plant a small kiss on her lips, something he had quickly found out that calmed her down.

            “No noona, I’m not. Now didn’t you say you wanted to watch a movie? Well lets watch it,” he said as he sat on his bed and watched her go put the DVD in the machine and press play. She then quickly came over to Changjo’s bed and he let her lay on his chest while they watched the movie.

            As the movie played however, his mind wandered to other things. Things like his final dance project, his papers, and also Yongguk. He started wondering what the older man was doing. If he was already working on his senior thesis, if he was freaking out about finals as well, or if he had someone cuddled up in his arms like Changjo currently did.

            “…Jo? Changjo!” Changjo looked down to see Sera calling his name, bringing him out of his thoughts.

            “Huh? What’s wrong noona? Did something happen?”

            “You’re not paying attention to the movie,” she said as she sat up crossed leg in his bed and stared at him after using the remote to pause the movie.

            “Of course I am.”

            “Then what just happened?”

            Changjo wracked his brain but he knew he wasn’t paying attention and figured it would just be for the best to admit that he wasn’t.

            “I have no clue. Sorry noona. I just have a lot on my mind lately.”

            Sera let out a sigh before getting off the bed and taking the disk out of the machine and putting it back in its case. “I think I should go. Call me when you actually want to spend some time with me,” she said before leaving his room.

            Changjo lay back on his bed and stared at his ceiling once again trying to figure out just how to break up with Sera. He had never had to break up with someone before and he didn’t want her to be sad or even worse, mad at him.

            “Ugh, I’ll just figure it out later,” he said as he got out of his bed, ruffling his own hair, and putting on a pair of sneakers, deciding that he might as well go to the library and get some work done.

            Before Changjo knew it finals had snuck up on him like a thief in the night. He had done his best to try and stay on top of his work but after talking to one of his professors about his final paper he ended up scraping the whole thing and pulling an all-nighter just to finish it in time. Now, three days into finals, Changjo was hyped up off caffeine and junk food, in the dance studio trying to perfect his final project. He had to come up with a routine using at least three dance elements that they had learned throughout the course of the semester. Just last week he thought the routine was perfect but at the current moment he kept finding the smallest mistakes and he felt like he was losing his mind. Soon the door to the practice room opened, startling Changjo as he was about to do his jump and causing him to fall hard onto the floor.

            “, Changjo are you ok?” the person asked as they rushed over to him and helped him up.

            “Yea, thanks hyung. You just scared me is all. Did you bring the coffee?”

          “Yea and I also brought you some pizza. You can’t just live off coffee you know. You’re going to pass out.”

            “I’ve eaten food. See?” Changjo said as he held up the empty ramen container, “Thank you though Yukwon hyung. Aren’t you leaving to go home today?”

            “I don’t know if I should. Are you going to be alright without me here?”

            Changjo let out a small laugh because if he didn’t he would probably end up crying since he felt like his dance was falling completely apart.

            “I’ll be fine hyung, go home. Be with your family and your girlfriend. I just have to get through this dance and my composition final and then I’ll be done.”

            “Ok, don’t overdo it though. If you’re dead it won’t matter how well you do on your finals.”

            “Yea, yea. I won’t die that easily, but thanks for the food and seriously thanks for the coffee. I’ll see you in the spring ok?”

            “Yup, see you later,” Yukwon said before exiting the room. Changjo ate a slice of pizza and downed his coffee before getting back to working on his routine. Soon enough it was two in the morning and Changjo felt like he was losing it. He was covered in sweat and wanted to sleep but his dance wasn’t perfect enough still, not for him. So he went over to his bag and sent a quick message to someone he thought would be able to help him. When the person showed up he couldn’t have been happier.

            “Oh my God Seungho hyung! I’m so glad you were still awake!!”

            “Yea, I was on the phone with a friend when you texted.”

            “Were you talking to Ricky again?”

            “Huh? No! Of course not,” Seungho said as he cleared his throat, “Anyway, you wanted help with this dance routine right?”

            “Yes! Can you please just watch it and tell me if its good or not?”

            “Sure, show me what you got.”

            Changjo started dancing again, giving it all he had. He was so exhausted and felt like his body would give out on him at any second but just one more time, he had to do it one more time before his exam tomorrow. When he was done, he held his pose for about five seconds before collapsing onto the floor, causing Seungho to hop up from his seated positon and rush over to him.

            “Holy ! Changjo?!” Seungho knelt down next to the younger boy and Changjo slowly opened his eyes, breathing hard.

            “Was it good hyung?” he asked as he blinked slowly, feeling like he was going to go to sleep at any second.

            “Changjo you scared the hell out of me. Let’s get you back to your dorm. I think you’ve practiced enough for the night,” Seungho said before sitting Changjo against the mirror while he threw out the boy’s trash and gathered all of his things.

            “But was it good?” Changjo asked as he sleepily watched his hyung walk around the room.

            “Yes, Changjo. It was perfect. Now let’s go,” Seungho said as he tried to get Changjo to stand up only to realize that the boy had completely fallen asleep on him. So he let out a soft sigh before slinging Changjo’s bag over his shoulder and picking the sleeping boy up bridal style to bring him to his dorm.

            “Thank God you’re light and I brought my car with me,” Seungho said to himself as he carried Changjo to his car.

            Surprisingly Changjo actually woke up on time for his final the next day since Seungho set an alarm for 8am for him even though his final wasn’t until noon but nonetheless Changjo was still grateful that Seungho set it anyway. After doing his routine he felt like he aced it even though he was completely nervous the day before. The cheers from his fellow classmates reassured him that his routine wasn’t complete crap as well.

            After performing his final for his dance class he went back to his dorm to study for his composition final but he didn’t expect to see Sera and Yongguk standing in front of his dorm room door. Changjo really didn’t want to have to deal with either of them especially since he still had a final to study for but he knew he wouldn’t be able to avoid them. So he took a deep breath and walked up to them.

            “Hey noona, Yongguk, what are you guys doing here?”

            “You call her noona but you won’t call me hyung? That’s pretty rude Changjo.” Yongguk said as he had a small smirk on his face.

            “I’m sorry Yongguk-ssi, but we’re not that close, but I will use the appropriate greeting. Anyway what are you guys doing here?”

            “Well I don’t know what Yongguk is doing here but I’m here to see how your final went. I know you were working on that routine forever. So? How did it go?” Sera asked as she linked arms with Changjo and leaned on him slightly.

            “It went well. I definitely passed it.”

            “Really?! That’s great. We should go out and celebrate. I mean my finals are over so how about we go out for lunch or something before you have to head back home? It’s really going to not seeing you for so long.”

            “Ah about that Sera…”

            “Yea, about that, Changjo and I actually have to study for his composition final tomorrow,” Yongguk said as he walked over to the two and put his arm around Changjo’s shoulder.

            Sera looked from Yongguk to Changjo, the excitement that was once in her eyes to spend time with her boyfriend slowly slipping away.

            “You still have one more final Changjo?” she asked her voice hinting at the disappointment that she was feeling.

            “Yea, I do Sera. It’s tomorrow at 8am and then I was planning on heading home right after it’s over.”

            “Why don’t you stay for a while after your final so we can hang out? Also we can still hang out today for a little while. There’s plenty of time for us to get something to eat and for you to study,” she said as she tried to convince Changjo to spend some time with her.

            “I’m sorry Sera. I really need to study tonight. We can hang out tomorrow though before I leave. I have something I want to tell you anyway,” Changjo said as he unhooked himself from Sera’s grasp.

            “Well what is it? You can tell me now,” she said growing excited again.

            “No, I rather wait until tomorrow. Anyway you should go now. I plan on napping a bit before I start studying since I didn’t sleep much yesterday.”

            “Alright, I’ll see you later,” she said before placing a kiss on Changjo’s lip and heading out. Changjo looked over to see Yongguk still standing there.

            “You can leave now too you know.”

            “You don’t need my help studying? That final isn’t going to be as easy as you might think.”

            “I think I’ll be able to handle it and is that all you came here for? To offer your help for the final?”

            “No, uh I was just wondering…well, did you throw out the bracelet I gave you?” Yongguk asked as he rubbed the back of his neck.

            “Huh? No I didn’t. Why? Do you want it back?” Changjo asked as he unlocked his door and stepped inside of his room. All he wanted to do right now was curl into his bed and sleep for at least two hours straight before starting to study again and if giving Yongguk back his bracelet would make him leave then Changjo was willing to do it.

            “Ah, no. I was really just wondering, since you know you’re not wearing it and all,” Yongguk said as he followed Changjo into his room.

            “Why would I wear a bracelet from my ex in front of my girlfriend? Doesn’t that seem a little odd to you?” Changjo said as he got the bracelet from his backpack, before turning around and coming face to face with Yongguk.

            “Jesus, why are you so close? Anyway here’s the bracelet that you wanted back. Changjo handed it to him and Yongguk reluctantly took it.

            “I don’t want it back,” Yongguk said as he opened the box and took the bracelet out as Changjo walked away from him, trying to get comfortable for his nap.

            “Then what do you want? I’m really confused as to why you’re here and wha…” Changjo felt his wrist being grabbed and he turned around to see Yongguk.

            “What are you doing?”

            “I didn’t want come here because I wanted the bracelet back,” Yongguk said as he put the bracelet on Changjo’s wrist, “I came here because I want you back.”

            Yongguk wrapped his arms around Changjo’s waist and stared into his eyes, trying to get his feelings across and Changjo just stared back at him not believing what he just heard.

            “Wha-What do you mean you want me back?”

            “I mean exactly what I said Changjo. Like I said before this bracelet was supposed to be your Christmas gift four years ago, I mean I know it’s kind of early and also kind of late but will you accept it now? As well as become my boyfriend again?”

            “Uh…Yongguk can you let me go?” Changjo asked as he pushed Yongguk’s hand off of him.

            “Oh…sorry, but about being my boyfriend, can we…”

            “Yongguk I think you need to go.”

            “Listen I know the last time we dated it didn’t end well but I plan on doing things differently this time and…”

            “Please, just stop Yongguk. I don’t want to date you and I really want you to leave.”

            “But,”

            “Just leave!” Changjo screamed cutting Yongguk off. He didn’t want to be around him any longer and just wanted to lay in his bed and sleep.

            “Ok, I’ll go, but I want you to at least think over what I said,” Yongguk said before walking out of Changjo’s room leaving Changjo to try and figure out what just happened. All he wanted to do was nap and study for his final tomorrow, but now all that seemed to be on his brain was Yongguk and that was the last thing he wanted to be thinking about. 


Yay new chapter! Its been a while but its finally here. Hope you enjoy!

~Lolo