Happy Birthday Changjo!

Our Happy Family

Today was the day! It was November 16th which meant that it was Changjo’s second birthday. Jonghyun and I both made sure to take off work for today so that they could spend the whole day with Changjo. Right now I was decorating the house with the help of Onew and Taemin.

            We put up streamers and a banner that said ‘Happy 2nd Birthday Changjo,’ as well as a bunch of balloons. Soohyun was picking up the cake for me and I was trying to make sure the last few preparations were in order. Jonghyun had taken Changjo to the park earlier and would be here in about fifteen minutes. The only people that weren’t here yet were my father and Jonghyun’s mother. They both texted saying they were in traffic and would be a little late though.

            “How does everything look guys?”

            “For the hundredth time it looks fine hyung.” Taemin said as he was picking at a platter of chips I had laid out.

            “Stop eating the snacks! They’re not for you anyway.”

            “Changjo can’t eat all of it.”

            “That doesn’t give you permission to eat it.”

Onew then came up and put his arms around Taemin’s waist.

            “Leave my baby alone. If he wants to eat let him.”

            “Well what about my baby? It’s his party isn’t it?”

Right before he responded Soohyun and Lay came in with the cake.

            “The bearer of the cake has arrived!” Soohyun shouted out.

            “Yea, yea. Just put the cake on the counter.”

            “You’re welcome hyung for picking up your sons’ cake.”

            “Thank you Soohyun you’re a life saver.” I said as I kissed his cheek. “I mean I knew I couldn’t trust these two to do it. Onew would probably drop it and Taemin would probably eat it.”

            “Hey!” They both protested at the same time. I just ignored them and turned to Lay.

            “I thought you were in China.”

            “We go back in two days.”

            “I see.”

Soohyun went over to hug Lay.

            “Yep my baby is back for me. Too bad he has to leave again soon.”

            “Well you’re pretty busy yourself with all of your dramas and commercials Mr. big time actor.” I said as I lightly punched his shoulder.

            “I’m not that great hyung.”

            “Please. How much did you make last year doing Dream High?”

            “I don’t know hyung. It wasn’t that much though.”

            “It was enough for you to buy that nice house.”

            “Whatever. Let’s not talk about money. I mean I’m still the same Soohyun.”

Just then I heard the front door opening and Changjo’s little voice coming into the house.

            “Jjong appa where Key appa?”

            “I don’t know why don’t we go inside and see.”

            “Alright guys. Everyone get ready to yell surprise.”

I decided I wouldn’t make it dark because I didn’t want to scare him. They walked into the living room and once we saw Changjo we all yelled out ‘Surprise!’ He seemed really startled and I thought he was about to cry but instead he ran to a balloon and started playing with it.

            “Jjong appa look. Balloon!”

Jonghyun picked him up as he carried a balloon and brought him over to everyone.

            “Changjo do you know what today is?” I asked as I took him from Jonghyun’s arms.

            “Hmm…Birthday.”

            “Whose birthday?”

He pointed me to with a smile and I just shook my head.

            “It’s your birthday!”

He then pointed to himself as if asking for confirmation that it was his birthday.

            “Yep and all of this is for you.”

            “Presents?”

            “Yes you get presents too and cake.”

His face lit up once I said cake and he started to bounce in my arms.

            “Changjo want cake!!”

            “Ok, ok. We’ll get you some cake but do you want to open your presents first.”

He nodded his head and I brought him over to where his presents were stacked up. I gave him the first one I saw.

            “This one is from your uncle Taemin.”

He quickly ripped the wrapping paper off and opened the box inside of it. He lifted up the shoes and looked at them strangely.

            “Shoes?”

Taemin bent down next to Changjo and turned the shoes over so he could see the underside.

            “They’re dancing shoes Changjo. See they make noise when you walk.” Taemin demonstrated as he tapped the shoes on the hardwood floor.

            “You got him tap shoes?” I looked at him with a ‘do you want to die’ face.

            “Yea. Maybe he’ll be a tap dancer one day.”

            “You did this just to torture us didn’t you?”

            “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Taemin said as he slid the shoes onto Changjo’s feet. Changjo started jumping in them loving the sound they made while I on the other hand was very annoyed by it.

            “Ok Changjo how about we sit down and open another gift.”

We ended up going through all the gifts and I made sure to make him say thank you to each person that gave him something. Soon his grandparents arrived and I introduced him to them since this was actually his first time meeting them.

            “Changjo this is your grandma Chunhei.” I said as I brought him over to her. She took him into her arms and started to play with him.

            “Aw he’s so cute. Just call me grandma Hei ok?”

            “G-Grandma Hei?”

            “You’re so smart too. You must get that from you Jjong appa.”

My father than came up and took Changjo into his arms.

            “Well obviously he gets his good looks from his Key appa.”

I just laughed at their foolishness.

            “You do know that he’s our adopted son right?”

            “What? I thought you got pregnant and gave birth to this adorable child.” Jonghyun’s mom said her voice full of sarcasm.

            “No umma I did not. Anyway Changjo this is your grandpa Kwanhyo.”

            “You can just call me papa Kwan.” My dad said as he bounced Changjo up and down in his arms.

Changjo then turned to me and put his arms out indicating that he wanted to come back to me. I took him back and he smiled at me.

            “Can Changjo has cake now?”

            “Yes Changjo can have cake now.”

We all went into the kitchen and lit the candles on his birthday cake. We sang happy birthday, he blew out the candles and then we all ate cake. The party continued on for a while until Changjo fell asleep. I had Jonghyun take him to his room and put him to bed while I stayed out with the party guests.

            “Changjo is literally the cutest thing ever.” Soohyun said.

            “I know but I feel like he’s going to drive me crazy in the next upcoming days thanks to Taemin’s little gift.”

            “He loves those shoes.” Taemin said with a smile as he leaned his back against Onew’s chest.

            “I told you he would and you were worried that he wouldn’t like them.”   

            “Onew you encouraged him to get them for my son?”

            “Yep!”

            “What did I ever do to you guys for you to be so cruel to me? What are you going to get him for Christmas? A drum set?”

            “That’s a great idea!” Taemin exclaimed.

            “If you do I will kill you.”

He just laughed at me and soon most of the party guests started to leave. Jonghyun had come back out while I was cleaning up the mess and put his arms around my waist.

            “Leave that for the morning.”

            “No I want to clean it now so I don’t have to do it in the morning.”

            “Come on. I know you’re tired after planning this all day. Just come to bed with me and we can clean it tomorrow.”

He said as he hugged me tighter and kissed my cheek.

            “Jonghyun you know I don’t like to go to bed leaving the house a mess. If you help though it will go a lot faster.” I said as I handed him a garbage bag. He let out a sigh but started to clean anyway. If there was one thing Jonghyun hated that was cleaning.

            It took us a while but soon the house was clean again and I left Changjo’s gifts stacked in a corner so he can play with them tomorrow. Right now Jonghyun and I were in bed together cuddling. I had my head on his chest and he ran his fingers through my hair. That always seemed to be the position that we ended up in.

            “Changjo really loved his birthday party.” Jonghyun said.

           “Yea he played with the balloons more than anything though. Oh and those damn tap shoes Taemin gave him. He wouldn’t take them off for the rest of the day.”

Jonghyun laughed. “I see him being a dancer in the future.”

            “As long as it’s not tap I don’t mind.”

            “What if he’s really good at it though?”

            “Well I’ll support him but he’s not going to practice in this house and drive me back to drinking.”

            “That wouldn’t be good now would it?”

            “No it would not.” I let out a sigh as I thought about something.

            “What’s the sigh for?”

            “Christmas is next month.”

            “More gifts for Changjo then.”

            “Yea. You don’t think we’re spoiling him right?”

            “No. I don’t. I mean it’s was his birthday. We have to give him stuff on his birthday and we can’t tell him Santa didn’t bring him anything for Christmas.”

            “True. I just want him to grow up to be a good person.”

            “Don’t worry he will.” Jonghyun said as he kissed my forehead. “So don’t worry. We just have to raise him the best way we can and he’ll turn out just fine.”

            “We can only hope for that anyway.”


Alright I decided I'm just going to reupload the chapters. I really don't want to because on my most recent chapter I had a beautiful and when I say beautiful I mean it was one of the best I've done in a while Side Talks. And obviously I don't remember it now. But I won't torture you guys any longer and will just give you back the chapters. So here you go!

~Lolo

P.S: I also started writing a TaoRis fic since I was bored. If you want to check it out go HERE