Chapter 53

Our Happy Family

“Jonghyun! Why did you say it like that?” Key asked as he bent down to help his son off of the floor. He could see Changjo’s eyes were blank, not really focusing on anything, and Key was worried that he might faint soon.

            “Key, he’s not a child anymore and his mother came all the way here because she obviously wants to meet him…”

            “Who cares how old he is?! This is still a lot of news for him to take in and we don’t even know for sure if that’s his mother or not!” Key exclaimed helping Changjo to the other chair in the room.

           “I’m really sorry,” the woman said as she stood up and bowed to everyone in the room, “I shouldn’t be here. I know this now, I should leave,” but once again Jonghyun told her to sit. He wanted to get to the bottom of this now and not have it come up again later.

            “Miss Choi can you please explain again how you’ve come to believe that Changjo is your son?” Jonghyun asked her and Changjo became slightly more alert when he heard the question as he looked over towards the woman.

            “Ah…well I saw him and he just reminded me of my boyfriend at the time,” she looked over at Changjo and said, “You look just like your father.”

            “These are my fathers” Changjo said as he stared right back at her and all she did was nod her head before looking down into her lap.

            “Yes, yes I believe they are but…”

            “But what?!” Changjo exclaimed standing up from the chair, letting anger slowly take over his mind, “but now all of the sudden you’re my mother?! How do I know you’re not just some crazy lady who found out about me and want money from us or something?! What proof do you have of giving birth to me?!” Changjo screamed out, angry tears coming down his face.

            “Changjo, calm down,” Key said as he put his hand on the boy’s shoulder to try and comfort him. Jonghyun remained as calm and collected as he was when the woman first came to their door that morning and he turned to her, basically reiterating Changjo’s question.

            “Yes, exactly what proof do you have? I would of hated to have humored you for this long if the only reason you think our Changjo is your son is based on the fact that he looks like your ex.”

            The woman started digging through her purse then with shaking hands as she pulled out old pictures and a neatly folded up piece of paper. She looked to Changjo and handed him the pictures that she had only to have Changjo snatch them out of her hand and look at them angrily.

            “This is just a picture of you and some guy and you in the hospital giving birth. You could’ve given birth to some other child that isn’t me,” Changjo said as he handed the photos back, calming down just a bit.

            “That’s a picture of your father and I and the other one is a picture of me holding you for the first time and this,” she unfolded the piece of paper still in her hands, “this is a copy of your birth certificate that I made.”

            She then looked over to Jonghyun and handed him the birth certificate. “I’m sure they gave you his original birth certificate when you adopted him. If you compare the two, I promise you, that they’ll be identical. Unless the name was changed…” she said hesitantly, “I mean I’ve been having my own doubts for the past couple of minutes because my little boy…I named him Jonghyun but your name is Changjo so…”

            Changjo felt his breath catch in his throat as he looked over to his Key appa that was still standing beside him trying to comfort him and Key knew that after she said that the chances of her actually being his mother had become significantly higher.

            “Key can you go get the birth certificate?” Jonghyun asked and Key was about to protest but he saw the look on Jonghyun’s face and decided against it as he went off into their bedroom in search of Changjo’s old birth certificate.

            “If you do actually turn out to be Changjo’s birth mother, which we won’t know anyway until we get a blood test, what do you want from him? Changjo is of age now, so there’s no real “taking him back” so what do you plan to do?” Jonghyun asked her and she put her head down again trying to handle her nervousness with the whole situation.

            “I…I just wanted to meet him. I’ve always thought about meeting my son years later, just to see how he turned out. I’ve always imagined what he would look like, if a good family took him in, if he was happy…” she trailed off.

            “Well I am happy or I was before you decided to stop by. Now all I am is annoyed,” Changjo huffed out.

            “That’s enough Changjo,” Jonghyun reprimanded him. Jonghyun was equally annoyed that they were going through this and on Christmas eve no less, but in a way he still felt bad for this woman that could be Changjo’s mother and having Changjo continue to snap at her wasn’t helping the situation at all.

            “Here,” Key said as he came back and handed Jonghyun the birth certificate from their room. Jonghyun compared the two and no doubt they were identical. He let out a soft sigh as he looked from Changjo and back to the woman.

            “Well…they’re identical just like you said they would be. So I guess next would be for us to do the blood test to be sure that you are Changjo’s biological mother.”

            “Jjong appa you can’t be serious! So what if the papers are identical she could’ve…”

            “I said that’s enough Changjo!” Jonghyun snapped at him before letting out a harsh sigh and running his fingers through his hair, “Anyway we should wait until after Christmas and then we can do the blood work. That is if Changjo agrees to it, because like I said before he is of age and we cannot force him to do this if he does not want to,” Jonghyun ended his speech and all eyes turned to Changjo.

            Changjo didn’t want to do it. He didn’t want to know if this woman was his mother or not. He didn’t want to find out why he was abandoned and unwanted by this woman when he was baby, but he also felt it in his gut that if he didn’t do this those same questions he didn’t want to know the answers to would come back to haunt him until he finally got them.

            “Ugh…fine I’ll do the stupid blood test or whatever. Anyway I’m going to get ready and go back out,” Changjo said before walking into his bedroom to get away from the situation entirely. He wanted to just walk out of the house but he had been wearing the same clothes since yesterday and really wanted to wash up and change.

            “Well there you have it. You should give me your contact information and I’ll contact you when Changjo is ready to do it,” Jonghyun told her and they exchanged phone numbers before she apologized again for disturbing them and leaving the house.

            Jonghyun laid his back on the couch and took a deep breath trying to gather his thoughts on everything that had happened in their home in last hour. As he was thinking he felt a harsh slap to the back of his head and turned around to see his husband glaring at him.

            “What was that for Key?”

            “What was that for?? What was all of that that just happened Jonghyun?! Why did you just spring the news like that on Changjo and then entertained that woman for so long nonetheless! You should’ve sent her home and let us speak with Changjo before we let him know who she was. You should’ve let us prepare Changjo a bit instead of just throwing it in his face like you did!!” Key angrily exclaimed. He didn’t approve of the way Jonghyun handled the situation at all and he was going to be sure that Jonghyun knew so.

            “Key, it was easier to just get it all out now. Now Changjo can think about it and soon the blood test will tell us that she is or isn’t his mother. Changjo is old enough to handle this, I don’t understand why you want to continue to treat him like a child and withhold information from him.”

            “I don’t care how old he is! He’s still my child! He’s still my baby…” Key trailed off as he lowered his head to look towards the ground. Jonghyun noticed the change in Key’s ton of voice and got up to wrap his arms around him.

            Key wrapped his arms around Jonghyun tightly as he rested his head on his shoulder while Jonghyun rubbed soothing circles on Key’s back.

            “It’s ok Key.”

            “But what if she is his mother and he decides he likes her better and wants to be with her and forgets about us Jonghyun? I don’t want him to leave us. He’s our baby. We raised him and we were there for him when she wasn’t. I don’t want to hand him over to her,” Key said as a couple of tears slid down his face just for thinking that something like that could happen. Soon he felt another pair of arms around him and a deep voice near his ear.

            “Key appa I will never leave you guys,” Changjo whispered out trying to rid Key’s worries. Key let go of Jonghyun and turned around so he could face Changjo. He gave him a small smile after wiping his tears before ruffling Changjo’s hair slightly.

            “You better not or I’m going to be really mad at you,” Key said as he gave Changjo a small smile. Changjo returned the smile before giving Key a small kiss on his cheek.

            “You guys are my fathers and I’m not abandoning you guys for anyone, except for right now. I’m going out so I’ll be back later,” Changjo joked while walking towards the front door leaving a slightly annoyed but nonetheless happier Key behind.

            As Changjo got into his car he texted Ricky to ask him what he was doing only to have the other boy call him instead of just texting him back. Changjo let out a soft sigh as he turned off his music and the Bluetooth in his car.

            “Hello? Changjo?”  Changjo heard Ricky’s voice come in through his car speakers.

            “Yea I’m here. What are you doing Ricky?”

            “Me? I’m at home. Why?”

            “Ok, get dressed. I’m coming over to pick you up.” With that Changjo ended the call and changed his route to head to Ricky’s place. Yet when he got there Ricky wasn’t anywhere near ready and had actually just gotten out of the shower. Changjo sat on Ricky’s bed and watched as his best friend searched for something to wear.

            “Seriously, just pick anything. We’re just going to the mall, plus it’s not like you have to try and impress anyone since you’re already dating Himchan,” Changjo said as he lay back on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

            “That doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t look nice. Plus I’m meeting up with Seungho hyung after I’m done in the mall with you. He said he had something to give me,” Ricky stated as he finally decided on a pair of black skinny jeans and a gray sweater.

          “Oh??” Changjo sat back up and stared at Ricky when he heard Seungho’s name, “Are you two…y’know?”

          Ricky turned around and faced Changjo with a confused face. “No, I don’t know. What are you hinting at?”

            “C’mon Ricky. Do you like Seungho hyung or no?”

            “Of course I like him! He’s great and we spend so much time together going to see movies and…”

            “No Ricky. What I mean is…do you want to sleep with him?” The next thing Changjo knew he was being hit in the face with a shirt and when he removed the shirt from his face he soon saw a blushing Ricky standing in front of him.

            “Of course not! He’s like an older brother! I don’t think about him like that,” Ricky said as he quickly snatched his shirt back from Changjo to put it away.

            “Do you think about me like that?” Changjo asked in a low voice. He almost didn’t want to ask him but the kiss that they shared, or more like Ricky planted on him, entered his mind. Ricky let out a soft sigh as he closed the drawer but refused to turn around and face Changjo.

            “Do you? Do you…or have you ever thought about sleeping with me?” Changjo asked again as he stood up and walked over towards Ricky. The closer he got he noticed his friends hands slightly shaking against the dresser. He was going to speak again but Ricky beat him to it.

            “I’m sorry for kissing you Changjo. You should just forget about it,” he said and Changjo saw his hands stop shaking slightly as Ricky turned around to face him with a small smile on his face, “It was a mistake.”

            “That doesn’t answer my question though Ricky.”

            “Just drop it,” Ricky said as he made an attempt to walk away from Changjo but Changjo quickly grabbed onto his arm.

            “Ricky…please just tell me. I just want to know…”

            “Know what Changjo?!” Ricky asked as he finally snapped not able to keep his emotions locked up like he wanted to. “What do you want to know?! Do you want to know about how I loved you since middle school? Do you want to know how I felt about you being my first kiss even though for you it was only “trying it out?!” Or how about all the kisses that we shared after that?! Did you think those kisses were appropriate for friends to share? Do you want to know how it broke my heart when you started to abandon me for Yongguk? Or how about how I had to force myself to let my feelings for you go to be with Himchan just to have you constantly stir them back up again?! What do you want to know Changjo?!” Ricky screamed out and Changjo looked away from him not knowing that Ricky had felt this way at all. He knew that their friendship was shaky sometimes but the thought of Ricky liking him had never crossed his mind.

            “I…I’m sorry. I didn’t know…” Changjo said not really knowing what else to say and Ricky let out a soft sigh as he tried to calm himself down.

            “No. I’m sorry. I’m not mad at you Changjo. I got over my feelings for you a long time ago. That kiss…it was just a moment of weakness. I mean I guess I still find you attractive. I always have, but I no longer have any romantic feelings for you. I was scared that I did…since I kissed you and all, but I soon realized that me kissing you didn’t stir up the same emotions that it used to when we were younger,” Ricky said as he gave Changjo a small smile.

            Changjo still felt bad for not recognizing Ricky’s feelings all these years but he believed his friend when he said he no longer felt anything for him. So he decided to not push the issue anymore.

            “So are we cool? I apologize again for kissing you,” Ricky repeated when Changjo made no motion to speak and this time Changjo smile back at him as he nodded his head.

            “Yea, we’re cool. I didn’t come over here to fight anyway.”

            “Well of course. Aren’t we going to the mall?” Ricky stated as he left his room to look for his wallet with Changjo on his heels.

            “Yea but…” Changjo hesitated. He didn’t know if he wanted to tell Ricky about his so called “mom” just yet.

            “But what?”

            “Ah nothing. I was just going to say that Yongguk and I are sort of dating again,” Changjo said. He figured that now wasn’t the best time; that he would wait until he knew for sure if that woman was his mom or not.

            Ricky looked at him with wide eyes before saying “Really?!”

            Changjo nodded his head but it seemed that Ricky still didn’t believe him since he asked again if they were really dating.

            “Yes really. Now can you hurry up? It is Christmas Eve after all and stores close early,” Changjo said as he pushed Ricky towards the door so they could put their sneakers on and leave. Yet the whole way down to Changjo’s car Ricky kept asking how and why he was dating Yongguk again. He kept asking a million questions that Changjo just let him keep going until they reached his car.

            “Are you done asking all your questions now?” Changjo asked.

            “It’s not like you’ve answered any of them and…oh my god! Did he give you that ring?!” Ricky asked as he noticed the ring on Changjo’s left hand and Changjo couldn’t help but chuckle at Ricky’s short-attention span.

            “Yes he did. He gave it to me this morning…or well last night but I accepted it this morning.”

            “You already met up with him so early in the day? Did he come over or did you go over there first?”

            “Actually I spent the night at his place. Then he made us breakfast and I accepted the ring.”

            “You had with him already?!” Ricky exclaimed and Changjo hit his arm as he stopped at a red light.

            “No! We’re taking things slower this time.”

            “Hmm…are you sure you want to date him again though? I mean you remember what happened last time right?”

            “Yea, but I really think he’s changed this time. I think he really does love me,” Changjo said as he turned to Ricky giving him a small smile and Ricky could see in Changjo’s eyes just how happy he was to be back with Yongguk.

            “Alright, but if he breaks your heart this time can I have permission to kill him?”

            “I’m pretty sure he can take you Ricky but don’t worry, we can kill him together if he s up again.” They both laughed at Changjo’s comment and soon enough they were pulling into the mall parking lot.

            “So what are you here to get? I thought you said you already got your parents gifts,” Ricky asked

            “Yea, but I want to get Yongguk something. I mean you see this ring he got me. I just want to get him something in return,” Changjo answered as he looked into the store windows as they walked past.

            “Wow and I thought you said you guys would be moving slow, but you’re already buying gifts for him,” Ricky joke and Changjo pushed him slightly.

            “Shut up. I said I just want to get him something in return. He’s given me two gifts already, three if you count the first gift he ever gave me. So I should at least get him one. Now…if only I knew what he liked,” Changjo said as he tried hard to think on what Yongguk would like as a gift and would actually use.

            “How do you not know what your own boyfriend likes?”

            Changjo glared at Ricky and Ricky put his hands up in surrender. “We’ve been dating again for less than 12 hours and I haven’t seen him in four years. How would I know what he liked unless I stalked him?”

            “True I guess.”

            As they kept walking the soon passed a sneaker store and Changjo remembered seeing Yongguk’s sneaker collection once when they were dating before. So he walked into the store and started browsing the different sneakers.

            “Are you going to buy him shoes? Do you even know his size?”

            “Yes and…no actually, but I can just guess and if it’s the wrong size he can just come back and get the right size.”

            “What if he doesn’t like the type that you pick out?”

            “Again he can come back and exchange it. I think this is a good gift idea Ricky, stop being so negative.”

            “Alright, alright. Just go and pick out a gift for your boyfriend already.”

            Changjo ended up spending thirty minutes trying to decide on the perfect pair of sneakers and in the end he ended up buying a pair of designer sneakers that cost 500,000 won. That was more than Changjo made in two weeks of work but he still had plenty of money in the bank that wasn’t from work so he wasn’t worried about the price. He was more worried about if they would actually if and even more so if Yongguk would like them.

            Changjo and Ricky hung out for a little while longer in the mall until Ricky got a phone call from Seungho telling him that he was there to pick him up. So they said their goodbyes and Changjo told Ricky to call him when he got home to tell him what Seungho gave him.

            As Changjo was on his way home he decided that he wanted to stop by and see Yongguk first before heading home. So he hopped on the highway and headed to his place, except when he got there he realized that he maybe should’ve called first since Yongguk could’ve gone out or something.

            Well I’m here. Might as well at least knock and see if he’s home. Changjo thought to himself as he knocked on the door. He waited a minute and was about to knock again when he heard shuffling behind the door. Soon he came face to face with a shirtless Yongguk whose hair was dripping with water like he had just gotten out of the shower.

            “Changjo? What are you doing back so soon?”

            “Can I not visit you now?” Changjo asked as he tried to keep his eyes on Yongguk’s face and not his chest but it was hard considering there was a new tattoo there that he didn’t notice the night before.

            “No, I mean yes. Just come in,” Yongguk said as he moved out of the way to let Changjo in. Changjo handed him his gift as he walked into the apartment that he was just in earlier this morning.

            “What’s this?” Yongguk asked as he looked over the gift-wrapped box. Changjo was now happy that he decided to pay extra for the giftwrapping.

            “It’s your Christmas gift. You’re not allowed to open it until tomorrow though.”

            “You didn’t have to get me anything you know,” Yongguk said as he set the box down near his TV.

            “I know but I wanted to. Also when did you get that tattoo?” Changjo asked as he pointed to Yongguk’s chest.

            “This one? I got it in September last year. Then this one,” he showed Changjo the tattoo on his bicep, “I got this the year before. Why? Do you not like it?” Yongguk hesitantly asked since some of his hookups that he had said that he would look better without the tattoo on his chest. So he was nervous if Changjo also thought it was ugly.

            “No, its fine. It’s just the first time I’ve noticed it. You know you only had that one tattoo when we were dating before, but I don’t dislike them or anything,” Changjo said as he walked up to Yongguk and touched it. He looked from his hand to Yongguk face asking “did it hurt? Y’know when you got it done?”

            Yongguk took a hold of Changjo’s and moved it from his chest to his lips. “No, not really. Plus I can take a little pain. Why?”

            “No reason. Was just thinking maybe I should get one, one day. I mean they look cool,” Changjo said as he walked slightly closer to Yongguk. Yongguk dropped his hand and wrapped one arm around the younger’s waist before threading his fingers through his hair.

            “I think you look cool enough with or without tattoos,” he said and before Changjo could respond he felt Yongguk’s lips on top of his. He leaned in closer so that their chests were touching and he could feel more of Yongguk. He placed his hand on Yongguk’s chest again before lowering them to his abs. Changjo loved how Yongguk’s body could feel so hard yet his skin feel so soft at the same time. Soon a drop of water landed on his face and Changjo pulled away from the kiss, wiping it off his face and laughing.

            “Hyung, you have to go dry your hair so you won’t get sick,” Changjo said as he walked out of Yongguk’s embrace to find the towel he must’ve been using thrown down on the couch. He picked it up and walked back over to help him dry his hair.

            “Well if I get sick you’ll come over and take care of me right?”

            “No, then I’d get sick. Maybe I’d stop by to bring you some soup or something,” Changjo laughed causing Yongguk to give him a sad face.

            “Stop pouting. Of course I’d come over to take care of you. Anyway, I just wanted to drop by and give you your present. I should head home now,” Changjo said as he handed Yongguk the towel but Yongguk grabbed his wrist before he could start heading to the door.

            “You’re leaving already? Why not stay and have something to eat or something?”

            “Do you not want me to go hyung?”

            “Do I ever want you to leave? I want you to stay by my side forever. I would ask you to move in with me, but that might be moving too fast,” Yongguk said and Changjo started laughing figuring that he was joking, yet Yongguk wasn’t laughing with him.

            “Wait are you serious hyung?”

            “Of course I am, but like I said I’m not going to ask you now. I know you have to build your trust and faith in me again but one day, hopefully in the near future I would like it if you did move in with me. Hell it would be even better if you moved into my campus apartment with me so then we could live with each other at school.”

            “Ah…well…yea, but my roommate and I don’t want to move to fast…and,” Changjo tried to get his words in order and this caused Yongguk to laugh at him before he placed a small kiss on his lips to shut him up.

            “Like I said Changjo, whenever you’re ready. I don’t want to rush you. I just wanted to let you know what I was thinking,” he said as he ran his fingers through Changjo’s hair and stared deeply into his eyes. Changjo gave him a smile before giving him a small peck on the cheek.

            “I get it. Maybe one day, just not right now, but you can walk me out now if you’d like,” Changjo said and Yongguk smiled back at him before saying “I can do that.”

            While Changjo was being walked out of Yongguk’s apartment, Ricky was walking into his with a smile on his face as he played with the dolphin necklace that Seungho had given him. He didn’t want to accept it at first but Seungho insisted and reassured him that it wasn’t that big a deal. So Ricky happily accepted the gift before they went to grab a bite to eat. He was happy that his hyung thought of him and felt like he should get him something in return.

            “Maybe I’ll check some online stores for a gift hyung might like,” Ricky muttered to himself as he unlocked his apartment door and walked inside. He heard the TV on and figured Himchan was home from his internship. So he quickly took off his sneakers and bounced over to the couch where his hyung was sitting.

            “Hyung! You’re home early!” Ricky exclaimed as he hugged one of Himchan’s arms.

            “Yea…where’d you go?” Himchan asked him but didn’t bother to look at the younger boy. Ricky didn’t notice and simply answered the question.     

            “Ah, I went to the mall with Changjo. You know he and Yongguk got back together?! Yongguk gave him a ring and everything so Changjo wanted to buy him a gift so he ended up buying him these really expensive sneakers. I told him that they cost too much but he still bought them anyway.” Ricky rattled out.

            “Is that all?”

            “Huh? What do you mean hyung?” Ricky asked as he let go of Himchan’s arm and stared at his face noticing he wasn’t really in a good mood. “Is something wrong hyung?”

            “I don’t know. You tell me. What did you do after hanging out with Changjo?”

            “Wha…I went and hung out with another friend after that,” Ricky answered and Himchan finally looked at Ricky but his eyes were so cold that it scared him.

            “The same friend that gave you this?” Himchan asked as he snatched the necklace off of Ricky’s neck, breaking the chain and hurting his neck in the process.

            “H-Hyung! Why did you…”

            “Do you really think I’m that dumb Ricky?!” Himchan bellowed out as he stood up and tossed the necklace on the floor. Ricky wanted to go and pick it up but he decided that it might be best if he didn’t.

            “Hyung…I don’t understand why you’re mad.”

            “So you really do think I’m dumb don’t you? You think you can just sneak around on me with some other guy and that I wouldn’t find out huh?!”

            “Hyung I wasn’t…I mean I’m not…Seungho hyung is just a friend!” Ricky exclaimed trying to get his thoughts in order but it was hard to do with Himchan yelling at him like this.

          “Sure he’s your friend, but you never bothered to tell me that you were hanging out with him now did you?”

            “You never asked and…” Ricky was cut off by the ringing of his cell phone. He had forgot to put it on vibrate when he came home and now it was ringing loudly is his front pants pocket. He was going to ignore it but Himchan instead stuck his hand into his pocket to dig it out despite Ricky’s resistance.

            “Stop! Give it back!” Ricky exclaimed as he tried to reach and get his phone back but Himchan easily held him back.

            “Oh look who it is, your precious “Seungho hyung.” Maybe I should have a little chat with him hmm?” Himchan said as he picked up the call. Ricky was still trying to get his phone back but he soon saw that it was of no use now.

            “Hello? No this is not Ricky. No he is not available and will never be available so it would be in your best interest to never call this number again, got it?” Himchan said his voice even and steady but still laced with so much hatred for the male on the other end of the line. He quickly hung up the phone before tossing it back to Ricky.

            “You are not to talk to or see him ever again. Do you understand me?” Himchan asked as he stared deep into Ricky’s eyes but Ricky was not having it.

            “Are you ing serious hyung?! I can be friends with whomever I want! If I want to hang out with Seungho hyung then I will. If I want to hang out with any other guy then I will!! You can’t stop me from having friends!” Ricky exclaimed as he unlocked his phone to call Seungho back and apologize for what Himchan said.

            Himchan quickly grabbed the cell phone from Ricky’s arm and threw it to the floor, causing it to shatter against the hard wooden floor. Ricky looked from the phone to Himchan wide-eyed before he started open handed hitting Himchan on his chest as he yelled at him. The next thing he knew he felt a hard slap across his face that caused his vision to blur for a quick second as he was knocked to the floor. Ricky brought a shaking hand up to his cheek as he looked at Himchan with scared eyes. No matter how much they argued, Himchan had never hit him, had never done anything more than shake him a bit, but now here he was, on the floor with a throbbing cheek.

            Soon hot tears started rolling down his cheeks. He didn’t want to cry but the impact from the slap and the pain radiating across his face caused the tears to start spilling out from his eyes until he felt arms encircle him and a gentle hand on his head trying to soothe him.

            “Shh…I’m sorry Ricky. Oh god I’m so sorry,” Himchan whispered out as he held Ricky tight against his chest.

            “I didn’t mean to…I just got so angry and…” Himchan let out a soft sigh as he pulled away from Ricky a bit to look at his face. Tears were still streaming down his face and his cheek was starting to turn a vibrant red. Himchan hesitantly raised his hands to touch Ricky’s face, one thumb slowly grazing over his bruised cheek.

Ricky flinched away from the touch and Himchan felt his heart break a little as he fully took in what he did to the younger boy. He had promised himself never to hurt him, but here he was anyway inflicting pain upon him. He gathered Ricky up into his arms gently a brought him to their shared bedroom as the younger boy clung onto him and continued to let soft sobs out into his chest. Himchan gently lay Ricky down on the bed and softly stripped him of his clothes to put on his pajamas. As Himchan tucked Ricky into bed, Ricky did nothing. He just let Himchan do what he wanted while he stared straight, trying to avoid gazing into Himchan’s eyes.

Once he was done, he felt a cool hand brush stray strands of hair off of his forehead and soon felt a pair of lips replace the hand. Ricky’s heart started beating faster because of the action and he couldn’t tell if it was out of fear or love at this point.

“Ricky…you know I love you right? I love you so much that it scares me sometimes. It scares me that you might grow tired of me and leave me. That’s why I got so angry and I’m sorry, but please don’t make me angry like that again. I-I don’t want to hurt you,” Himchan spoke in a low tone and his voice trembled a bit but Ricky was able to understand what he was saying. Soon he felt Himchan leaving his side and averted his eyes to his figure as it walked towards the door.

They made eye contact as Himchan said “I’m going to sleep on the couch tonight,” before exiting the room. Ricky rolled onto his side and let the tears flow freely once again as he thought about everything that happened that night but one thing was certain through the mess of all his thoughts and that was that he still loved Himchan.


ok new chapter yay! I hope it wasn't too bad I feel like the last scene was a little all over the place but I rewrote it 3 times. I just can't seem to get it right but it still needs to be there. *sighs* oh well. also yes I know this is a short chapter but better than nothing. and also as we can see I'm getting lazy with titles so yup. anyway enjoy!!

~Lolo