Let's Talk

Our Happy Family

“Hahahah!! Oh my God, tell me again, what happened?” Ricky asked as he stared at Changjo’s black and blue eye. Changjo let out a sigh tired of being mocked but nevertheless told him again.

            “I broke up with Sera before leaving and she punched me.”

            “Jesus, that is so funny,” Ricky said while laughing and clutching his stomach. He had tears in his eyes Changjo simply glared at him.

            “It’s really not that funny. Don’t you have any sympathy for your best friend?”

            “Why should he? It serves you right for messing with that girl’s feelings and dating her for so long,” Key said as he brought the boys some hot chocolate.

            “Whatever. You guys all ,” Changjo stated as he picked up his hot chocolate, bringing it to his lips to only burn his tongue on it.

            “Appa! It’s hot!”

            “Of course it’s hot. It is hot chocolate,” Key said as he walked back into the kitchen ignoring his son’s whining.

            “I thought coming home would be fun, but all you’ve guys have been doing is making fun of me for the last couple of days.”

            “We do it out of love and..,” Ricky stopped speaking when he felt his phone vibrate. He quickly pulled it out of his pocket and texted the person back.

            “What are you smiling about over there? Himchan texting you?”

            “Huh, oh no. This is just a friend. He said something stupid, but now anyway, we make fun of you out of love and support. We all knew that you didn’t like her. Just admit to yourself, you’re gay Changjo.”

            “Yea, yea, I know, but let’s get back to this friend. Who is he that he’s making you smile like that?”

            “What do you mean? He’s just a friend and kind of an idiot but funny,” Ricky defended himself.

            “I didn’t say that he wasn’t. No need to get defensive unless you want him to be more than a friend,” Changjo said raising a suggestive eyebrow towards Ricky causing the slightly older boy to punch him in the shoulder.

            “Shut up. Are you forgetting that I’m dating someone? Himchan remember?”

            “I try not to,” Changjo mumbled under his breath yet Ricky heard him and let out a soft sigh.

            “I don’t understand why you don’t like Himchan all of the sudden. You used to like him in the past.”

            “Nah, I never liked him. I simply tolerated him for you. Oh and speaking of Himchan,” Changjo took Ricky’s hand and led him into his room.

            “Yah! I was drinking my hot chocolate!”

            “You’ll finish it when we go back, right now I have to tell you something,” Changjo said as he closed the door behind him once they got into his room. He then went into his backpack, found Yongguk’s bracelet, and handed it to Ricky.

            “Uh, why are you giving me a bracelet?”

            “I’m not giving it to you, I’m showing it to you. Yongguk gave this to me on my birthday.”

            “I’m still not seeing the problem. That sounds really sweet of him.”

            “No, Ricky. The problem is that a couple of weeks later he asked me to go out with him again.”

            Ricky sat on Changjo’s bed, pulled out his phone to respond to a new text he had received before looking back to his best friend.

            “And? I’m still not seeing the problem,” he said not understanding what Changjo was getting at. This caused Changjo to get frustrated as he snatched the phone out or Ricky’s hand and glared at him.

            “Seriously Ricky can you just pay attention. I’m saying Yongguk asked me out again. The that everyone hated back when we were dating! The guy that I thought impregnated my sister,” Changjo ranted.

            “Wait, are you saying he didn’t get Bomi pregnant? Did he tell you that?”

            Changjo stared unbelievably at Ricky. He simply couldn’t understand how he could be so obtuse right now to the whole situation that he was currently facing with Yongguk.

            “No, he didn’t. I told you that already, but can we get back on topic. What should I do about him? He told me to think about it.”

            “Well did you?”

            “Did I what?”

            “Did you think about it like he said?” Ricky clarified.

            “Yea but…I don’t know Ricky. That’s why I’m asking you what I should do!”

            “Well do you want to give him another chance?”

            “Kind of but I don’t want to get hurt again. You know how long it took me to get over him. What if that happens again?”

            “Hmm…true. I don’t want to deal with you all depressed over him. It was really sad to watch. Well then I say don’t date him,” Ricky said flat out as if it was the simplest answer in the world.

            “But I said that I kind of want to.”

            “Then date him. Can I have my phone back now?” Changjo glared at Ricky before chucking his phone at him.

            “You’re seriously so useless Ricky! Obviously not going to college and hanging around that idiot boyfriend of yours has made your brain go to mush,” Changjo stated, annoyed with how Ricky wasn’t helping him in the slightest.

            “Ok, first off I’m not dumb. Secondly have you ever thought about that college might not be for everyone Changjo? Have you ever thought that maybe I have different plans for my life instead of wasting four years of them studying in college? And lastly my boyfriend isn’t an idiot. He has nothing to do with this conversation so I don’t even know why you decided to drag him into it, but if you really want to know what I think you should do with this Yongguk situation I say go meet him. Go just ing sit down and talk to him and see what he’s about and what he actually wants. If you still see the old in him then drop him, but if in some way you think he’s changed and want to give it another shot then go for it,” Ricky ranted as he stood from Changjo’s bed and headed for the bedroom door.

            “I’m going to go though Changjo. Call me when you’ve come to your senses and calmed down a bit,” he said before exiting and leaving Changjo to figure out what he was going to do on his own.

            “You freaking Yoo Changhyun!” Changjo screamed as he flopped onto his bed, before taking his phone out of his pocket and quickly sending a text message before he could change his mind.

            This is how Changjo ended up in some small coffee shop near his house, drinking his second mug of hot chocolate with extra whipped cream, as he waited for Yongguk to show up. He took out his phone to check the time again and saw that Yongguk was now fifteen minutes late.

            “I knew this was a bad idea,” he mumbled to himself as he fidgeted with the bracelet on his wrist, “that’s it. Once I finish this hot chocolate if he isn’t here then I’m leaving,” he declared to himself as he continued working on finishing his hot cocoa. Changjo was just about finished with his drink when he saw Yongguk come running into the store. He stared at him for a second before diverting his eyes and waiting for the older man to come over to him.

            “I’m so sorry that I’m late Changjo. I ended up running into traffic on the way here because of some stupid road work,” Yongguk said as he sat down across from Changjo, slightly sweaty as he removed his scarf and jacket.

            “Hmm.” Changjo responded, not really having anything to say for his excuse. Soon he felt his left hand being held in Yongguk’s and he looked up at the other man to see him staring so intensely at him.

            “What? Why are you looking at me like that?” Changjo asked as he stared back at him but didn’t make any effort to pull his hand away.

            “I…Well you’re just really handsome. It just feels like the first time in a while that I get to really look at you, but what happened to your eye?” Yongguk asked, causing Changjo to finally snatch his hand away from the older male.

            “We saw each other in class for a whole semester or did you forget that fast that you were my TA? Also that’s a long story so just don’t worry about it.”

            “Oh ok, as long as you’re not getting into any fights. Also seeing you in class is different from seeing you like this. Anyway I’m glad that you called me out and I’m glad to see you wearing the bracelet,” Yongguk said causing Changjo to fidget with it.

            “Well I figured no point in letting such an expensive gift stay in its box forever…”

            “You could’ve thrown it out though and you didn’t and that makes me happy,” Yongguk said as he smiled at Changjo. Something Changjo rarely ever got to see when they were dating before. It almost made him feel like he was talking to a different person. Wait…

            “Umm… You are Yongguk right? You aren’t Yongnam are you?” Changjo asked and this caused Yongguk to laugh.

            “No, why would you think that? Do I look different or something?”

            “No…but you’re acting different. You’re acting…nice,” Changjo said as he looked down away from Yongguk’s gaze and started fidgeting with his fingers.

            “Was I not nice when we dated before?” he asked and Changjo simply glared at him. “Ok, well maybe I wasn’t the best boyfriend before, but didn’t I take you out on dates and treat you well? I know I was somewhat of a bad influence and kind of forced you to do things at my pace, but didn’t we have fun together?”

            “Nice isn’t how I would exactly describe how you were before Yongguk. You were manipulative is what you were. You knew that I was in love with you and you used that to get what you wanted. You used that to make me go against my parents’ wishes, act like an to Ricky and do everything I could to make you my top priority, but not once could you even say that you loved me,” Changjo said as he looked Yongguk straight in the eye to try and convey just how he felt about their previous relationship.

            “I’m pretty sure I said I loved you at least once.”

            “No Yongguk, not even once. Believe me, I waited and waited in hopes of hearing it spill from your lips but then after you broke up with me I figured that I was the only one actually in love in that relationship.”

            Yongguk took both of Changjo’s hands in his and stared at him with sad eyes. He knew he was a jerk to Changjo before, he knew that, but he never thought that he was that bad.

            “I’m sorry Changjo. I really am for how our relationship turned out in the past but I would really like another chance with you. I feel like us ending up going to the same school and I being your TA was fate that we deserve a second chance. Or well, that I deserve a second chance to treat you better and show you how much I love you.”

            Changjo looked at Yongguk and saw the sincerity in his eyes but those three words that tumbled out of his lips seemed foreign to him now. He had waited so long to hear him say it but now they just didn’t sound right to his ears.

            “I don’t know Yongguk,” Changjo said as he pulled his hands out of Yongguk’s grasp, placed them on his lap, and looked down and away from Yongguk, “Why now? Why almost four years later do you want to rekindle this old relationship that I had tried so hard to forget? Because I don’t know if you remember or not but you broke up with me. You left me crying after you in that cold, empty classroom during lunch time that day. I begged you not to leave me…I begged you,” Changjo emphasized as he looked up from his lap, tears slowly falling out of his eyes as he remembered the past.

            “I begged you but you still left me there, telling me that it was over. So why do you want to get back together now, after all this time when I had finally moved on?”

            Yongguk looked at Changjo’s tear stained face and felt his heart clench but he didn’t make a move to comfort him. “I’m sorry, I was young. I was dealing with a lot of things at the time and your father told me to end it with you. I told you that I didn’t want to have a criminal record for dating you. I was turning 20 soon and you had barely turned 15. You know that I could’ve easily gone to jail for any of the stuff we did together and once your father told me to break up with you I did. Do you know how hard it was to leave you in that classroom and hear you cry out for me? I wanted to go back and hug you and laugh and tell you I was just joking but I couldn’t, but I haven’t forgotten about you all this time. I always wondered if you were dating someone else…if you were happy without me,” Yongguk said as he reached out to wipe a tear off of Changjo’s cheek but Changjo slapped his hand away.

            “I WAS HAPPY WITHOUT YOU!” he screamed out causing other people in the café to look at them, “I had finally moved on. I had learned how to live without you! So why now?! Why come back and try and bring up old emotions now?!” Changjo exclaimed and Yongguk moved his chair next to Changjo so he could place his arm around his shoulder and comfort him.

            “Shh…I’m sorry, that was not my intention. Just calm down please? How about we go somewhere else and talk hmm? Somewhere more private?” Yongguk suggested but Changjo shook his head.

            “No, I said what I wanted to say. I think I should just go home now,” Changjo said as he stood up from his chair, wiping his tears, before he gathered his things and headed out of the café with Yongguk right on his tail.

            “At least let me drive you home.”

            “I drove myself here.” Changjo said but Yongguk continued to follow him all the way to his car.

            “Changjo please, talk to me. I’m sorry for upsetting you, but I am serious about you,” Yongguk spoke to Changjo’s back as Changjo kept walking to his car and when they arrived at his car Yongguk started to become desperate and pulled Changjo into a back hug, resting his chin on the younger boy’s shoulder.

            “Let go of me Yongguk.”

            “No, I don’t want to let go of you ever again. Changjo, you’re the first person I’ve ever had real feelings for and I know, I know I ed up but please give me a second chance,” Yongguk took one arm from around Changjo’s waist and led it down Changjo’s left arm until he reached the bracelet that Changjo was wearing. He caressed Changjo’s wrist for a second before linking their fingers together.

            “This bracelet Changjo,” he said as he raised Changjo’s hand so Changjo could see it, “I bought this before I broke up with you. I planned on giving it to you that year for Christmas, but between your parents not wanting us to be together and what was going on with Himchan at the time, I had to break up with you. I ran away from our relationship in hopes of making my life simpler but all it did was make me lonely. You’re the first person I’ve ever brought a Christmas present for and I still remember shopping for it. I was so nervous you wouldn’t like it,” Yongguk said as he let out a small chuckle before dropping Changjo’s hand and hugging him tighter to his chest.

            “I thought you might think it was corny or childish and laugh at me for getting it for you. Yet I kept it all this time, I guess I was hoping I would be able to give it to you one day but…” Yongguk released Changjo from his hold, “If there is really no chance of us ever being together again, I understand. Just know that I did and do still love you and that I’m really sorry for how I treated you in the past,” Yongguk said before kissing the top of Changjo’s head and walking away from the older boy.

            Changjo felt the heat of Yongguk’s body slowly move away from him and he felt his heart clench. He quickly got into his car and drove home with a million thoughts running through his mind.

            Why now? Why me? Should I give him another chance? Would things be any different?

            And as his heart continued to pound against his chest, one question kept raising itself over and over.

            Do I still love him?

 

            “Hyung? Is that you?” Ricky asked as he heard the door open while he sat in the living room watching music core.

            “Who else would it be Ricky?” Himchan snapped at the younger boy, annoyed from his long day at his internship. He was really starting to question why he was going into business.

            “Oh well…I made dinner. You plate is wrapped up on the counter. Just pop it in the microwave,” Ricky said as he turned the TV down a little bit.

            “I’m not hungry right now, I’m just going to go shower and relax. What are you watching?” Himchan asked as he made his way to the living room to give Ricky a small kiss on the cheek.

            “Music Core! Taekwoon hyung’s group is performing tonight! Oh look they’re coming on now!” Ricky exclaimed as he turned up the TV. “Look how cool Taekwoon hyung looks with those extensions. He looks so scary!” Ricky giggled as he kept his eyes glued to the screen and Himchan simply scoffed.

            “He looks like a fool is what he looks like and what’s with that ugly black lipstick. Looks like a freak if you ask me.”

            Ricky ignored Himchan’s rude comments about Taekwoon since he was used to them every time he would watch him perform on TV.

            “Whatever you’re just jealous.”

            “And what exactly would I be jealous of?” Himchan asked as he stood to the side with arms crossed, staring at his boyfriend.

            “You’re jealous that he’s all famous and gets to sing and do fun things like this. He gets to have whatever he wants now that’s he’s a celebrity,” Ricky stated bluntly. Himchan walked over to the boy and knelt in front of his vision staring deep into his eyes.

            “I beg to differ because I’m pretty sure I’ve got one thing that he’ll never have no matter how much he wants it.”

            “And what is that?” Ricky asked as he tried to look around Himchan and see the screen before the performance went off. Himchan grabbed his face however and kissed him deeply catching Ricky off guard.

            “You.”

            Ricky couldn’t help but shove Himchan away and laugh at his hyung’s silliness with that answer. “You’re so dumb hyung. I’m pretty sure he has long forgotten about that small crush he had on me back in high school. He’s surrounded by gorgeous people all the time! Especially his band members. I mean have you seen Hakyeon hyung or Jaehwan hyung? They are so attractive!”

            “Isn’t Hakyeon that one that’s super dark?”

            “Shut up hyung, he’s not that dark. Anyway weren’t you going to go shower?” Ricky asked as he felt his phone vibrate and quickly unlocked it to respond to the new text message that had arrived.

            “Yea I’m going. Who’s texting you? Taekwoon to see if you watched his performance?”

            “Huh? Oh no, it’s another friend.”

            “Who? Changjo? A friend from work?” Himchan questioned and Ricky never understood why Himchan always wanted to know who he was talking to.

            “No hyung. You don’t know him. It’s a guy I met when I visiting Changjo at his school.”

            “It’s not that guy that was all over you was it?” Himchan asked as he stopped undressing and waited for Ricky’s answer.

            “His name is Seungho and yes it is. Also for the hundredth time he wasn’t all over me.”

            “Well I don’t feel comfortable with you talking to him. What do you guys even have in common anyway? You don’t even go to the same school. What do you even talk about?”

            “Things hyung. Stop worrying about it and just go take a shower, you’re starting to stink.

            “Alright, I mean it’s not like you’re cheating on me or anything right?

            Ricky looked up from his phone with wide eyes as he stared at Himchan. “What?! Where did you even get that idea from? Why do you always think I could be cheating on you?”

            “Why?” Himchan asked as he walked closer to Ricky until he was right in front of the other’s face, “Because the heart is a fickle thing Ricky,” he said before placing another kiss on Ricky’s lips and heading to the shower and Ricky went back to his conversation with Seungho.

From Seungho hyung:

            Why does he always ask who you’re talking to?

To Seungho hyung:

            I think he just scared that I’m cheating on him.

From Seungho hyung:

            He doesn’t sound like a very trusting boyfriend to me. A little controlling if you ask me.

To Seungho hyung:

            He’s not. He just had bad luck with his ex’s so I understand why he worries. Anyway let’s not talk about him anymore. How’s your break going?

            Ricky changed the subject, not wanting to talk about his relationship with Himchan anymore. It felt a little weird to him to be telling Seungho things about his relationship.

From Seungho hyung:

            So far so good. I was thinking that we could hang out one day. You can even bring your boyfriend along so he doesn’t worry. I mean I would say you could tell him that I’m not gay but I doubt he’d believe you. Lol

To Seungho hyung:

            Really?! And no, I won’t have to bring him along. I’ll just tell him I’m hanging out with a friend and he’ll understand, but yay! We can go into the city and have some fun. Maybe I’ll buy some new clothes too or something.

From Seungho

            Wow you sound really excited about this, but ok. Just let me know when you’re free and I’ll come get you, ok?

            Ricky then texted Seungho his work schedule and told him he could decide whenever to hang out with him based on that. Seungho decided to pick the Saturday coming up since Ricky got out of work early and didn’t work on Sunday. Now all Ricky had to think about was how to tell Himchan about it without freaking him out too much.


Yay! Less than a month a new chapter! Be proud of me guys, I haven't done that in such a long time.

Also this is the black lipstick performance Ricky was watching

Oh and just cause I like to tell everyone, I saw VIXX last sunday in NYC and I hugged that . Yes you heard right I hugged this mother ing Leo!

Ok that is all! Enjoy the chapter 

~Lolo