Going Away

Our Happy Family

Yes it's an update! Warning you now, there are probably typos. I am sorry, but I will fix them later. Just wanted you guys to have this, plus I'm tired


August 23th, 2037

            The Kim household was currently filled with people eating, laughing and congratulating Changjo for getting into Seoul National University. The last three years held a lot of ups and downs for the whole family. Once Yongguk was out of Changjo’s life he realized how destructive that relationship was for him and how much he had been acting out because of it. It was surprisingly easy for him to ignore Yongguk until he graduated, since he was a senior and they had their own wing of the school. Once Yongguk had gone off to college he soon got back into dancing and decided that he wanted to go to school not only for dancing but also vocal performance and maybe even pick up a minor in composition. Then there was Bomi and her daughter Minha. Bomi’s career, like Jonghyun predicted, sunk faster than they could blink once the media found out she was pregnant. People called her a , , bad influence, so many things but Bomi wanted to keep her baby and that’s what she did. It was a blessing that Minha turned out to be a girl because if she were to be a boy and looked like Yongguk, well Bomi just felt like it would be a little harder to deal with the whole situation.

            “Changjo-ah can you watch Minha for me while I go to the bathroom,” Bomi said as she handed off her two and half year old daughter to Changjo before he could answer yes or no. She had Yongguk’s eyes Changjo always noticed when he looked down and her, but she was still the most adorable thing you had ever seen.

            “Why does your mommy always do that huh? She just keeps handing you off to other people doesn’t she?” he said as he placed her on his hip, bouncing her lightly.

            “Changjo!” Changjo turned to where he heard the voice come from and he saw his grandfather, Key’s dad, and grandmother, Jonghyun’s mother, come towards him.

            “Papa Kwan! Grandma Hei!” Changjo exclaimed as he smiled at both of them.

            “Whose baby is this? It isn’t yours is it Changjo?” Kwanhyo asked raising an eyebrow and the young boy.

            “No stupid. It’s my great-grand-daughter,” Chunhei said as she took the baby out of Changjo’s arms and started to play with her, “Right my little Minnie. Changjo couldn’t give birth to you right?” she cooed and the Minha just giggled.

            “Well of course he couldn’t give birth to her! He would have to get a girl pregnant and…just forget it. Anyway here Changjo. This is my graduation-slash-combined- going away gift,” Kwanhyo said handing Changjo an envelope.

            Changjo gladly accepted the envelope and was about to put it with the rest of the stuff that he had received until his grandfather stopped him.

            “Aren’t you going to open it?”

            “Oh, I didn’t want to seem rude opening it in front of you and…”

            “C’mon and go ahead and open it already,” he exclaimed hitting Changjo on the back lightly. Changjo opened the envelope and his eyes widened in surprise when he saw how many large bills were in it.

            “Papa Kwan I can’t accept this.”

            “You can and you will! You’re my first grandchild to go off to college! It’s the least I can do for you,” he said with a smile on his face and Changjo hugged him tightly, thanking him over and over.

            “Well, let’s not forget about my gift now,” Chunhei said handing Changjo something that looked like a credit card, “This is a reloadable debit card. There’s already 500 thousand won on there. I have it already set up to put another 100 thousand the first of every month. You can use it on books or to buy yourself clothes or anything.”

            Changjo couldn’t believe how much money he was being given just for going to college. He knew that his parents were rich, but he never really thought about how his whole family was for the most part living an extremely comfortable life as well.

            “Thank you Papa Kwan, Grandma Hei! This is all too much, but I promise to make you guys and everyone else proud while I’m away at school.”

            “That’s all that we ask for Changjo,” Chunhei said as he ruffled his red hair.

            As the party went on, more and more people gave him gifts and congratulated him. Taemin gave him a pair of really expensive dance shoes and some new dancing clothes, Soohyun gave him some posters to decorate his room in (mainly posters of his own dramas and movies though, signed posters, but posters of himself nonetheless), and Onew gave him some fancy school supplies. Changjo felt like everyone was there. That is everyone except one person, Ricky.

            All night Changjo kept looking at the crowd, to the front door and at the clock, but Ricky never showed up. Even his fathers noticed as they were cleaning up.

            “We missed Ricky here tonight. Did he already have other plans?” Key asked as he continued to rinse the dishes and place them in the dishwasher.

            “I don’t know. I invited him…” Changjo trailed off.

            “Are you guys fighting?” Jonghyun came in, gathering the last bits of garbage.

            “No. At least I don’t think we are. I think I’m going to go over to his house and see what he’s doing,” Changjo said as he went to go put on his sneakers.

            “Ok, just don’t stay over too late. We have to leave early tomorrow to bring you to the dorms,” Key yelled after him.

            “Don’t worry, I won’t!”

            With that, Changjo was out the house and making his way around the corner to his best friend’s house. After the whole Changjo and Yongguk incident happened, Changjo and Ricky’s relationship improved dramatically. Well that is after Changjo apologized a bunch of times for being an to his friend. Ricky continued to date Himchan, even though Changjo didn’t really like their relationship. He agreed that Himchan was sweet to his friend, but overall he just felt like something was off with their relationship. Changjo felt Ricky growing more and more distant from everyone and only spending time with Himchan, but he knew he couldn’t really say anything since he did the same thing with Yongguk.

            As Changjo came up on Ricky’s house he saw his best friend sitting on his steps with Himchan eating ice-cream and laughing. Changjo couldn’t believe that his best friend was simply sitting there acting like he didn’t just miss his whole going away party.

            “Ricky-ah. What are you doing?” Changjo asked as he walked up to them and Ricky’s smile immediately fell off his face as he looked at his friend before looking down at his ice-cream. Himchan quickly put a protective arm around Ricky’s shoulders before turning his attention to Changjo.

            “We just got back from our date. What are you doing here Changjo?” Himchan asked but Changjo ignored him.   

            “Ricky, why didn’t you come to my going away party? You know I’m leaving for college tomorrow right?”

            “Yea…it’s just…well Himchan suggested going on a date instead. He said that it would just be awkward for me and that I might bring the mood down if I went,” Ricky said as he stared at his melting ice-cream. He felt bad for not going but he didn’t want to be a buzzkill when people asked him what school he was going to. He didn’t want to feel inadequate next to his best friend.

            “How would you bring the mood down?! Even my fathers were wondering where you were. I really wish you would’ve come, this is going to be one of the last times I can see you.”

            Ricky laughed at this and rose his head to look at his friend. “You’re going to college Changjo, not dying. We’ll still be able to see each other from time to time.”

            “Well, since you didn’t come to my party, how about we hang out now until my father calls me to come home?”

            Ricky looked to Himchan, who simply smiled at the younger boy before giving him a small kiss on the lips.

            “It’s ok. You should hang out with your friend. I’m going to head home now and I’ll be back in the morning to pick you and all your stuff up,” Himchan said as he stood from the steps, quickly finishing his ice-cream. Ricky finished his up too before walking Himchan to his car and giving him another kiss and hug goodbye. Changjo watched the scene and couldn’t help but want what Ricky had. He hadn’t dated anyone since Yongguk and he sort of missed the feeling of being in a relationship, but for now he knew it was best for him to just focus on school and his future.

            When Ricky came back over to him they both sat down on his steps and Changjo asked him when he was starting school.

            “On Monday.”

            “What school are you going to? You never told me which one you decided on finally,” Changjo said really curious as to which school Ricky was going to. Ricky had got into some of the top school in Korea, which was no surprise to Changjo since his friend was so smart.

            “Oh, I’m just going to a local school.”

            “Local school? Which one?”

            “Korea National University of Arts,” Ricky said almost as if he was ashamed to admit it.

            “What?! Ricky you got into such better schools than that one!”

            “It’s still in the top 100 of good schools in Korea.”

            “Yea, in the lower portion though!” Changjo exclaimed, “Ricky! What about Seoul National University? KAIST?! Hanyang University?! Yonsei?! Didn’t you get accepted to any of those?!”

            “Calm down Changjo, there’s no reason to shout. You know we both got into SNU, but I just can’t afford to go. Then KAIST, Yonsei, and Hanyang are too far. Also too expensive,” Ricky said as he accepted how poor he was, even though he did get scholarships, it still wasn’t enough to cover everything, including room and board.

            “You know my parents would help to pay if we asked and…”        

            “Changjo what would I look like asking you parents to pay for college for me?”

            “You would look like my best friend that wants to go to college and can’t afford to. You know my parents won’t care.”   

            “It’s ok Changjo. That’s too big of a favor to ask.”

            “Also what do you mean they’re too far? Most of them, except for KAIST are right in Seoul. What are they too far from? Were you planning on commuting from home?” Changjo asked confused.

            “Well, sort of. The thing is, I’m moving in with Himchan tomorrow and he said I should go to Korea National University of Arts since it’s near his apartment and so I wouldn’t have to commute to far,” Ricky said with a smile on his face just from the thought of living with Himchan.

            “YOU’RE WHAT?! You can’t be seriously moving in with him! Does your mother know?!”

            “Huh? Of course she does. She’s already given him my half of the rent for the first three months until I find a job and can pay my half on my own. Why are you freaking out about this? Himchan and I have been dating for almost four years, it’s only natural that we move in with each other eventually,” Ricky said as if it was the simplest thing in the world and Changjo still couldn’t believe that his best friend was going to be living with Himchan.

            “It’s just…I don’t know Ricky. Do you think you’re ready to take this step with him? He…” Changjo stopped himself. He wanted to say that Himchan seemed a bit controlling but decided against it.           

            “He what?”

            “Nothing. I’m happy for you guys. Well, I have to go back now. My Key appa will probably be calling soon since we have to leave in the morning but let’s promise to hang out once we’re settled in and free,” Changjo said as he started standing up from the steps, Ricky following his actions.

            “Of course. Well…I guess I’ll see you later.”

            They both waved good bye and Changjo started to walk home. As he walked back to his house he realized how weird it was going to be to not be able to just walk around the corner and talk to Ricky whenever he wanted to. It was a surreal thing to think about as he realized that they were indeed growing older and growing apart.

            When Changjo entered his house he saw his Key appa still packing up the last bit of his things to take in the morning and he went over to him to stop him.

            “Key appa, it’s fine. I’ll finish this. You should go to bed. You’ve been working all day.”

            “Don’t talk to me like I’m some old man. I’ll have you know that I can easily do this,” Key said as he tried to lift the box he had just finished packing before he felt a tug on his lower back and set it back down, “Ok, maybe I will rest for a little while, but it’s not because I’m old!”

            “Of course not appa. It’s just because you’ve been straining your muscles all day. You don’t look old at all, you look like you’re 35!” Changjo exclaimed to make his Key appa feel better. He knew how he felt about his age and he didn’t want him to be conscious of it.

            “That’s because I am 35. How old did you think I was?” Key said as he massaged his poor aching muscles. Changjo simply rolled his eyes before picking the box up to bring it to the car.

            “I don’t know. I guess I’m just bad at math,” even though Changjo knew damn well that the last time Key was actually 35, he was still in elementary school. After Changjo came back from loading the last few boxes into the car he flopped down onto the couch next to his Key appa and let out a heavy sigh.

            “Were you able to see Ricky?” Key asked as he did a mental check to try and make sure they packed all of Changjo’s essentials.

            “Yea, he was in front of his house eating ice-cream with Himchan.”

            “Really? Why didn’t he come to the party then?”

            “Himchan told him that he would bring the mood down and that it would be awkward for him if he came,” Changjo said, his voice holding slight bitterness and anger to it.

            “What? Why would he be awkward? He’s been around all of us so many times,” Key asked confused.

            “I think it’s because he’s not going to a good school like I am.”

            “How is that possible? I mean I’m surprised as hell that you got into the number one school in the country but Ricky, he has way better grades than you. He could’ve easily got in!”

            “He did get in but he said it’s too expensive.”

            “Your Jjong appa and I can pay for him too! Then you guys could live together in the dorms and later get an apartment together.”

            At the word apartment Changjo let out a harsh scoff. “Ricky already has an apartment; with Himchan. Who is also the reason why he refuses to go to any of the good schools that he got into, because it’s “too far away” from where he lives.”

            “What? I don’t think I’m following you Changjo. Did you say Ricky is going to be living with Himchan? His mother knows?”

            “She’s paid for the first three month’s rent.”

            “Guess whose back with the ice-cream!” Jonghyun exclaimed as he walked in the house holding a bag of individual ice-creams. Changjo and Key both looked at him and he could tell that he interrupted what was probably a semi-serious conversation.

            “What’s going on? We should all be happy and celebrating that Changjo’s going to college tomorrow! Instead you guys looked like someone died.”

            “It’s nothing Jjong appa. Anyway, what type of ice-cream did you buy?” Changjo asked deciding to change the subject so that he doesn’t bring down his fathers mood. They all ended up until about 12, just eating ice-cream and reminiscing about Changjo’s high school days. There last night together went by so fast to the point that Changjo was soon in the car being driven to his new “home” for the next four years.

            “Ok, now call if you need anything. It’s only a two hour drive and I can come up to see you whenever you want,” Key said as he hugged Changjo while they stood in his dorm room and Jonghyun continued to unpack the car.

            “You don’t have to come up here Key appa. Everything will be fine.”

            “Well don’t forget to call and visit. Just because you go to college now I don’t want you to start acting like you don’t have a family anymore.”

            “I will, I will.”

            “I wish someone would help me unload the car,” Jonghyun breathed out as he laid another heavy box down on the carpet. They had to take two cars up here and Changjo still didn’t know why. He didn’t think they had that much stuff.

            “Is there still more stuff Jjong appa?” Changjo asked getting ready to put his shoes back on to go down and help.

            “No, that was the last one.”

            “Then what are you complaining about when you already finished,” Key said before turning his attention back to Changjo, “Now let’s start unpacking some of this stuff. Which bed do you want?”

            Changjo looked at both of the empty beds and decided he would take the one on the right. At the ends of the bed were desks pushed up against it and he decided to move his desk to the wall across from his bed. While unpacking Changjo realized just how much stuff he had. He had a mini fridge which he decided to place under his bed, since their beds were the elevated type so that they could have more space. Then all his clothes barely fit in his closet and the drawers given to him. His desk was also full with all the school supplies he had bought and he hadn’t even gone to pick up his textbooks yet. Luckily it was only Thursday and classes didn’t start until Monday, so he still had time to pick them up and take a small tour of the school.

            As they were all unpacking his roommate ended up showing up, really late if Changjo had to say so himself since it was almost 4 in the afternoon. The other boy’s hair was colored a light brown and his eyes were on the smaller side but they worked on his face. Changjo thought that the other boy was cute in a way.

            “Oh, you’re still unpacking? I figured if I came later my roommate would be done so that we weren’t clashing into each other while trying to unpack,” the other boy spoke as he placed his two suitcases down.

            “We’re only finishing up now. Do you need help with your stuff?” Jonghyun asked, trying to be helpful.

            “Ah, that would be great. There isn’t much left. Just two more boxes.”

            They both left to get the rest of his stuff while Key and Changjo sat down relaxing.

            “Do you want to go out to eat before we leave?” Key asked.

            “Sure, let’s just wait for Jjong appa to get back and then we won’t be in my roommate’s way while he’s unpacking.”

            So once Jonghyun got back that’s what they did. Key had looked up a BBQ place nearby and they went and ate Korean BBQ until they were full. When they got back to the dorm, Key pulled Changjo into a tight hug as he tried not to cry. He couldn’t believe that his little baby was finally going off to college.

            “Appa, you can let go now,” Changjo said as he patted his Key appa’s back, trying to calm him down.

            “You knew this was going to happen Changjo. Just accept it, it will be over soon,” Jonghyun said as he laughed.

            “Shut up! Aren’t you sad that he’s leaving?”

            “Key, he’s only two miles away. It’s not like he’s going to the military,” that one line made Key really start to cry.

            “NO! My baby can’t go to the military. I don’t want him to go!”

            “We all did it Key, he’s going to have to do it too.”

            “Can I just finish college first before thinking about going to the military?”

            “Ok, ok. I’ll stop now,” Key said as he wiped some of the fallen tears from his eyes, “I mean we still have to drive back and everything.”

            “Well I can drive while you sleep Key,” Jonghyun said and Changjo was confused. They brought two cars, so both of them would have to drive.

            “But, you brought both the cars…” Changjo started and both his fathers couldn’t help but smile at him.    

            “Well, one of them is for you,” Key said as he held out the car keys to the car he had driven, “I figured you might want to get around and public transportation , so now you have a car.”

            “B-But how will you get to work now?”

            “Oh, I bought a new car! It will be delivered to the house tomorrow. Are you surpr…” Before Key could finished his sentence, Changjo ran at him and threw himself into his father’s arms.

            “Thank you Key appa! Thank you so much! And you too Jjong appa! You guys are the best!! Seriously!”

            “You’re welcome Changjo. Now just do well in school or we’re going to have to come and take the car right back if you start messing up,” Jonghyun said very seriously. He was happy for his son and all he wanted was for him to succeed, especially since they were paying so much for him to go to this school.

            “Don’t worry I will!”

            After saying a few more goodbyes, Changjo’s parents left and he went back up to his dorm room to see his roommate laying on his stomach on the bed, reading a comic. Changjo caught himself looking at his roommates but quickly diverted his gaze.

            “Hey,” Changjo spoke up to let the other boy know he was in the room.

            “Oh hey, you’re back. Did you family leave?”

            “Yea, what about your parents? I didn’t see them.”

            “That’s because I drove myself up. I live all the way in Suwon and both my parents had work so it was fine,” the other boy said as he put his comic down and sat up on his bed.

            “Ah, I see. Well I’m Kim Changjo. I guess will be living with each other for the next year.”

            The other boy laughed, “It seems like it. I’m Kim Yukwon. Are you a freshman as well?”

            “Yea, you?”

            “Yup, what’s your major?”

            “I’m double majoring in dance and vocal performance as well as thinking of picking up a minor in lyric composition. How about you?”

            “Wow, you plan on doing all that?” Yukwon asked amazed. “I’m just going here for dance. How old are you by the way?”

            “Huh? Oh I was born 2018, so I’m 18 but I’ll be 19 in November,” Changjo said. 

            “I was born in 2017 so that makes me 20. I guess I’m your hyung then.”

            “And you’re a freshman?”

            “Yea, I took a year off to raise some money to go here. I got in right after high school but they didn’t give me that much scholarship money.”

            “The same thing happened to my best friend. He got into some of the best schools in the country but most of them didn’t give him enough scholarship money either. So now he’s going to some crappy second rate college,” Changjo said as he thought about his best friend going to some school he wasn’t fit for.

            “Well maybe he can save up as well and come here next year like I did.”

            “I doubt it. Hey! Let me see your schedule to see if we have any of the same classes,” Changjo said as he pulled out his own schedule that he had written down. Yukwon took his out as well and they soon saw that they were in the same intro to dance class and music history class.

            “Oh it looks like you have classes on Friday,” Yukwon pointed out and Changjo looked at his schedule confused.    

            “Do you not?”

            “Yea, I set it up so I wouldn’t have class on Friday and would have classes after 12 on Monday. That way I could go back home sometimes to spend time with my girlfriend on the weekends.”

            “Girlfriend?”

            “Yea, we’ve been dating for three years. You want to see a picture of her? Let me warn you now, she’s really pretty,” Yukwon said before showing Changjo a picture of his girlfriend. Changjo could easily see that she was really pretty and he couldn’t understand why he was disappointed that Yukwon was dating someone. It wasn’t like everyone in the world was gay so there wouldn’t have been a chance for him in the first place.

            “She is pretty,” Changjo admitted and Yukwon smiled as he put the photo back in his wallet.

            “Yea, I know. She’s trying to become a model. Anyway do you want to tour the campus tomorrow with me?”

            “Sure. We can also can go to the book store so that I can pick up my books.”

            “Sounds like a plan.”

            For the rest of the weekend, Changjo and Yukwon hung out after touring the campus and also drove around to explore the town. They found a couple of Karaoke bars that they liked and decided they would probably frequent as well as a couple of restaurants. Now it was Monday and Changjo was both nervous and excited for his first college class. He was just happy that his second class of the day he had with Yukwon. His first class however was a math class and he still couldn’t understand why he had to take a math class as music major.   

            When it came time for intro to dance, Changjo and Yukwon were both majorly disappointed. It didn’t have anything to do with them actually dancing but instead was a lecture class, describing different types of dance from other cultures.

            “Ok, for Wednesday’s class you should read chapter one. There may or may not be a pop quiz,” the professor said and Changjo and Yukwon groaned in unison.

            “Can you believe she gave us homework on the first day of class?” Yukwon said as he and Changjo walked out of class.

            “I know. This class looks like it’s going to be hard and I was just hoping that I could dance.”

            “Well I doubt we’re going to be doing any of that. Do you want to get lunch now?”

            “Nah, I have a class in fifteen minutes I have to get to. It’s my intro to lyrical composition.”

            “Oh, I guess I’ll just see you back at the dorm later. I have a class at night though, so I won’t be back until around 6:30.”

            “Ok, then. I’ll see you later hyung!” Changjo said as he ran off to class. He got to class and sat in one of the desks by the window. Changjo was already tired from going to two classes before this but still he was excited for this class, he was just hoping that this wouldn’t be like is dance class before this.

            The professor soon walked in, handed out the syllabus, and started to go over it. Changjo let out a soft sigh as he started flipping through it, hardly paying attention to what the professor was saying. That was until the professor mentioned there was a mistake on his and the teacher assistants office hours. So he turned back to the first page and what he saw made his heart rise in his throat and caused his breathing to stop.

            “Alright now for my office hours please change them to the following. Monday, Wednesday 10:30-12:00. Then for Yongguk’s office hours they will be after this class on Monday’s and Wednesday’s from 3:30-4:30.”

            Changjo couldn’t, no scratch that he didn’t want to believe that he was going to the same school as Yongguk. First off, Yongguk he figured had horrible grades in high school so how could he get into the top school in the country? Secondly, it just had to be a coincidence that the TA’s name was the same as his.

            Yea, Yongguk wasn’t that smart. He wouldn’t be going here. There’s no way it’s the same person. Changjo managed to convince himself.

            “Now since most of you are freshman you probably don’t know this but you’re very lucky to have gotten into this particular section of the class. Not only am I one of the best composition professors on this campus, lyrical or musical, but your TA Yongguk-ssi is also one of the top students in the department.”

            “Actually I am the top student in the department as of this semester now that the old number one has graduated,” Yongguk said as he walked into the class late and in that single moment Changjo wished he could just throw himself out of the window so that he would avoid seeing Yongguk entirely.

            “Now if only you could make it to class on time. The only thing keeping you from the number one spot before was your punctuality and attendance rate,” the professor said as he moved to the side so Yongguk could introduce himself to the class.

            “Well that doesn’t matter anymore now does it? Anyway I’m Bang Yongguk and I’ll be your TA for this upcoming semester. Now don’t think just because you’re freshman I’ll go easy on you. If you come to me for help and I think your lyrics , I will tell you that they . It may seem harsh now, but it will turn you into better lyricists in the future,” Yongguk said as his eyes scanned the classroom, soon landing on Changjo. Who at first he didn’t know was Changjo because the other boy was looking away from him but once he got a glimpse of the boy’s face head on he knew for sure that it was him.

            Well this is going to be an interesting semester. Yongguk thought to himself while Changjo continued to try and avoid looking at Yongguk at all costs. So by time class was over he quickly gathered up his books and was on his way out of the class room when Yongguk quickly grabbed his arm to stop him.

            “Hey, why are you in such a rush?” he asked as other students started to slowly file out of the classroom, not really paying much attention to them. Some would look back, wondering if Changjo and Yongguk were already friends and being envious since they thought Changjo would get a better grade automatically now. Yet that was the furthest thing from the truth since they were in no way friends.

            “Let go of me,” Changjo said under his breath and Yongguk just let out a soft chuckle.

      “Why? Don’t you want to catch up? I mean we haven’t talked in what? Three years about? How’s everything going? How’s your roommate? How’s your classes? And most importantly how’s that tight little of yours?” Yongguk whispered the last part in his ear and Changjo felt his face heat up as he pulled himself out of Yongguk’s grasp. Changjo turned around and saw there were some students behind him that probably wanted to talk to Yongguk about things in the class.

       “It looks like you have a line Yongguk-ssi. I’ll just be going now,” and with that Changjo hurried out of the room and back to his dorm. Back to where it was safe from Yongguk.         

 

          While Changjo was freaking out about running into Yongguk, Ricky was telling Himchan to quiet down a little because his mom was calling. He quickly picked up the phone and heard his mom’s excited voice on the phone.

“Changhyun-ah! Hi baby! How was your first day of school?”

“It was good mom.”

“Did you meet any new friends? Were your professors nice? The classes don’t seem to hard do they?” she asked, generally concerned about how Ricky’s day went.

“Not yet mom. My professors seem nice, really helpful and I don’t think the classes will be too hard.”

         “Oh that’s good, I’m glad. Well I should let you go. You probably already have so much homework to do. I just wanted to call to see how your day was. I’m so proud of you Changhyun. I know you’ll do great in that school!”

“Thanks mom, I hope I will.”

“I know you will! I’ll call you later in the week ok? I love you Changhyun.”

“I love you too mom.” And with that final line the conversation was over and Ricky let out a soft sigh as he leaned against Himchan chest.

“When are you going to tell her?” Himchan asked as he ran his fingers through Ricky’s hair softly.

           “When I have enough money to take care of myself on my own or by the end of this semester. Whichever one comes first,” Ricky said as he flipped his phone back and forth in his hand.

           “Well I’ll be here to help take care of you too, so you don’t have to work too hard. Plus I don’t want you picking up any sketchy jobs. You said you have another job interview tomorrow?”

           “Yea, at a clothing store. I already got the job at the record store but I need something else so I can raise money faster. Like you said, it’s better for me to become independent first before going off to college. I can always go to college later right?”

           “Right? Anyway, I said I will take care of you. I just want you to be happy by my side. Like my own little housewife. I’ll go out and make the money and you just stay home, be pretty and not worry so much about money and stuff. I mean I’ll finish my business degree this year and once I have that, it’s all smooth sailing from there.”

“I still want to help you out though,” Ricky said as he looked down at their now intertwined legs and thought about how he was almost useless to his boyfriend.

         “Well, I can still think of other ways that you could help me,” Himchan said in his deep voice as he flipped Ricky onto his back and hovered over him. They started kissing slowly, but as the kiss got heavier Ricky’s mind couldn’t help but wonder just how he would tell his mom that he wasn’t going to college when the time came.

         Ricky knew it would disappoint her but he felt that Himchan was right in a way. Why did they both need to waste money on college? It’s just better to save it and prepare for their future together instead. 


Ok, I'm so sorry that it took so long for me to update this. I actually had about 3300 words of a Christmas chapter typed up that I just couldn't finish, so I deleted this and decided to do a time jump and write this instead. You could get the Christmas special later....like a lot later but just know it exists on my computer somewhere. But anyway here we are. Changjo'a in college, Yongguk's not completely out of the picture yet. What the hell is going on with Ricky and Himchan and I also need to add some JongKey back into this story....somewhere. But I hoped you guys all enjoyed and hopefully it won't take almost four months for me to update this next time.

~Lolo