Just Keep Pretending

Our Happy Family

It’s only been a month since Ricky and Himchan have been living together and Ricky is absolutely exhausted. He went from working three jobs to two but his night job is the one that has been wearing him out the most. Ricky was no longer working at the record store but now worked at a bar. He had gotten his bartending license not too long ago and even though he is getting tipped well at his new job, the hours are draining him. Himchan doesn’t approve of it either and this morning isn’t any different as Ricky came in around 6:30. He had done his best not to wake his boyfriend but what he didn’t know was that Himchan had been up since 6 waiting for Ricky to come home.

            “How was work?” Himchan asked as soon as Ricky stepped into the living room.

            “Ah, hyung…you scared me. What are you doing up so early?”

            “Waiting for you. You came back late today.”

            “Yea, my boss asked me to stay until close last night because someone had called off. I made about 200 thousand won in tips though!” Ricky said happily even though he was exhausted.

            “Ricky, why don’t you find another job? I don’t like you staying out so late at night,” Himchan said as he watched Ricky walk into their bedroom. Ricky flopped down on the bed, letting out a content sigh as his muscles relaxed into the soft bed.

            “Yea, yea. Ok mom,” Ricky said as he rolled onto his side getting ready to sleep.

            “Ricky, I’m serious and at least take off your clothes before going to sleep,” Himchan stated as he started to take of Ricky’s clothes. When he got to his pants a couple of pieces of paper fell out of the pocket and he picked them up to see that they were phone numbers.

            “Ricky, what are these?”

            “Hmm…” Ricky was almost asleep and really wanted Himchan to stop talking.

            “Ricky! Why do you have phone numbers in your pocket?!” Himchan asked again, getting upset that Ricky was ignoring him.

            “Just throw them out hyung…” Ricky said sleepily as he pulled the covers over his bare body and went to sleep.

            Himchan was still upset but decided that he wasn’t going to get anything else out of Ricky with him being this tired. So he took the pieces of paper, tore them up, and threw them away, before getting himself together and going to class.

            When he got back though, Ricky had already left the apartment. Himchan looked at the time and saw that it was about 3:30 so that meant Ricky was at the clothing store working. Sure enough when Himchan got there he saw Ricky standing at the cash register trying his best to stay awake. He walked right up to the register and greeted his boyfriend with a smile.

            “You can’t check people out if you’re sleeping,” he said laughing a little at his sleep deprived boyfriend.

            “Ah, hyung. I wasn’t sleeping. I was just…resting my eyes,” Ricky said as he rubbed his tired eyes.

            “Sure you were. Anyway do you go on break soon? I can treat you to lunch.” Ricky shook his head though.           

            “No, I don’t go on break until 4:45.”

            Himchan looked at his watch and saw that it was only 3:50. “Well I can wait for you.”

            “You should go home and rest hyung or work on your school work. I don’t want you to fall behind because you were spending time with me.”

            “Don’t worry about that Ricky. Anyway, I’ll go wander the mall for a while and then come back to get you for your break.”

            Ricky couldn’t protest and before he knew it was time for his break and Himchan had bought him some food from the food court, since Ricky only had a thirty minute break. Ricky was practically falling asleep in his food though.

            “See, this is why you should drop that job at the bar you have,” Himchan said as he woke Ricky up again.

            “Hyung, that job pays really well though and it’s fun. Plus it’s just been a long week. Once I get a day off I’ll be fine,” Ricky said as he stretched trying to get rid of some of his sleepiness. Himchan let out a soft sigh before moving to go sit next to Ricky and pulling his head down into his lap.

            “Alright, just rest now. What time do you have to be back to work?”

            “5:25 but I sometimes go back at 5:30,” Ricky said as he yawned.

            “Ok, well rest now and I’ll wake you up when it’s time for you to go back to work.”

            “Thanks hyung,” Ricky said as he snuggled into Himchan’s lap and immediately dozed off.

            Himchan was running his fingers through Ricky’s hair while he looked at his watch. It was five now so he would have to wake Ricky up in about thirty minutes. Yet when as he looked at his boyfriend he didn’t have the heart to wake him at all. Himchan can’t seem to understand why Ricky feels like he needs to work so hard. They weren’t struggling for money since Himchan had gotten a full ride to his school and his own part time job helped to pay for rent and food. He was happy that the younger boy had moved in because it made paying the bills easier thanks to the money that Ricky’s mom gave him and he was able to finally start building a small savings account for himself, but what he wasn’t happy about was seeing his boyfriend so exhausted like this all the time. Himchan didn’t like that Ricky would come home and go right to bed for two hours before going out again. He missed seeing the younger boy, talking to him, holding him in his arms, everything.

            Himchan looked down at his watch again and saw that it was 5:28 but he simply didn’t have the heart to wake Ricky up yet. It will be fine if he goes in at six. Thirty minutes won’t get him in that much trouble. Himchan thought to himself as he continued running his fingers through Ricky’s hair.

            “Ricky…” Himchan said as he shook the younger boy slightly but got no response.

            “Ricky, c’mon it’s time to get up now,” he said this time his voice a bit louder, causing Ricky to let out a tired moan and slowly push himself off of Himchan’s lap.

            “Ugh…I feel like I’ve only slept for five minutes,” Ricky said as he rubbed his tired eyes which soon became wide as he checked his phone for the time.

            “Hyung! It’s six! I told you I had to be back by 5:25. 5:30 the latest!!” Ricky exclaimed as he jumped up and started heading back to the store.      

            “It’s only thirty minutes. You’re not going to get into that much trouble for thirty minutes.”

            “Hyung!! My shift ends at six! Now I’m going to have to stay an extra thirty minutes to make up lost time and then I’m going to have to rush home to shower before rushing out to go to the bar and ugh! Why couldn’t you just wake me up on time?!” Ricky yelled he walked into the store before apologizing profusely to his manager.

            “Ricky just lose the thirty minutes and…”    

            “Go home hyung! You’ve done enough,” Ricky said angrily as he stepped behind the counter to start checking out customers. Himchan wanted to stay and try and convince Ricky to simply come home with him again but he realized that he has pissed off Ricky to a point that he was no longer going to listen to him.

            While Ricky and Himchan were fighting so were Changjo and Seungho but they were having a different type of fight.

            “St-Stop hyung! I can’t breathe!” Changjo exclaimed as he turned away from Seungho’s nimble fingers that kept attacking his midsection.

            “Admit that I’m a better dancer than you then!” Seungho said as he continued his attack on Changjo.

            “Never!!”       

            “Well then,” Seungho straddled Changjo’s legs to keep him pinned down to the bed and continued to tickle him until he decided that the younger boy had enough. He had just stopped when Yukwon came into the room too.

            “What are you guys doing?” Yukwon asked as he raised an eyebrow at the two and Changjo’s cheeks flushed once he realized their position and how his breathing was so ragged.

            “I was tickling him because he thinks he’s a better dancer than me,” Seungho spoke up before Changjo could get his thoughts together to form a proper sentence.

            “Well why don’t we test this theory out tonight. I was thinking of going to a club with some friends. You guys want to go?”

            “On a Wednesday hyung?” Changjo asked.

            “Yea, why not. I mean I don’t have class until 12 on Thursday’s. We might as well go out and have fun,” Yukwon stated like it was the simplest thing. Changjo knew he still wasn’t old enough to drink, at least not until November. Also the fact that he had class at 10:30 in the morning on Thursday didn’t make it smart for him to go out either.

            “Well I’m down. Always need to blow off steam every now and then,” Seungho said completely up for the idea.

            “I don’t know…”

            “You’re just scared that I’m gonna prove that I’m the better dancer aren’t you,” Seungho teased.  

            “Alright fine! Let’s go out tonight. I’ll show you and everyone there that I’m the best dancer out of all of you!” Changjo exclaimed suddenly fired up.

            “How about we make this even more interesting,” Yukwon started.

            “How?” Changjo asked figuring they were just going to go to the club and dance.

            “Whichever one of you is able to pick up a girl first wins.”

            “How does that prove who the better dancer is?” Changjo asked completely confused. That tested more of who looked better than who danced better in Changjo’s mind.

            “C’mon Changjo. Obviously you have to have some dance skills to pick up a girl. If you can’t dance then they don’t dance with you and then they walk away,” Seungho explained as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

            “But don’t you think it will be a little biased? What if a girl just comes up to us because they think we’re attractive and don’t care too much about our dancing skills?”

            “Fine fine! How about this! I’ll pick a girl, one girl, and she’ll have to dance with both of you and then at the end she’ll decide who the better dancer was. Cool?”

            “I’m down,” Seungho said barely hesitating and then Changjo reluctantly agreed to the idea.

            “Ok let’s hurry up and get ready! I want to be in the club no later than 10!” Yukwon exclaimed.

            “It’s only…oh.”

            “Yea, it’s 7:30! So let’s go! Seungho hyung you go back and get changed and we’ll come pick you up from you place k?

            “Alright and you’re totally gonna lose tonight Changjo,” Seungho said as he ruffled his hair before walking out of their dorm. Changjo fixed his hair into place before looking over at his roommate going through his closest trying to find something to wear.

            “Hyung, why do you want to go to the club so bad even though you have a girlfriend?”

            “What does my girlfriend have to do with me going to the club? I just want to go out dance and drink a bit. And since you’re not quite old enough to drink yet I figured you could be the designated driver for us.”

            “Oh sure I don’t mind…wait us? Who else is coming?”

            “Just some friends. You’ve met them before and don’t worry, we’ll take my car if you don’t want that many people in your car,” Yukwon said as he pulled out a pair of grey washed out jeans and a white t-shirt.

            “It’s fine, your car is bigger than mine though so it might be for the best if we take it instead.”

            “Yup, that’s why I suggested it. Now enough chit-chat! Go figure out what you’re wearing,” Yukwon said before heading into the shower that was connected to their room.

            Changjo let out a soft sigh before slowly sifting through his closest, trying to find something to wear. He decided on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a loose gray t-shirt, and a pair of black combat boots that he had recently bought. He kept looking himself over and over in the mirror trying to decide if his outfit made him look “straight” enough to dance with a girl. Changjo never really thought of if he dressed gay or straight, but he didn’t want his friends judging him for his outfit choice. He figured that he probably dressed fine since they never said anything about his outfit choice before so he decided that he was probably fine.

            “Whoa, look at you all dressed up! You’re going to have girls all over you tonight,” Yukwon said as he came out of the shower, jeans on, but his upper half still slightly damped as he continued towel drying his hair.

            “Yea…I guess I will.”

            “You guess? Well if you do end up wanting to bring a girl home just let me know and I can crash at someone else’s place tonight,” Yukwon said with a smirk before tossing on his shirt.

            “Yea, I doubt it but I’ll give you a heads up if that happens,” Changjo said as he played with his shirt, slightly uncomfortable with the conversation.

            “Ok, well you ready? Let’s go pick up Seungho, the rest of the guys, and head to the club,” Yukwon said as he ruffled Changjo’s hair before throwing him his keys.

            “Ugh, hyung don’t do that.” Changjo angrily put his hair back into place before following Yukwon out of the room.

 

            “How about her?”

            “No too short.”

            “Her?”

            “Too tall.”

            “C’mon Seungho you have to agree on one of the girls we choose,” Yukwon’s friends complained while they all sat around a table in the lounge area and Changjo just sat sipping on a glass of water.

            “Shut it Jiho. I’m sorry I actually have some taste unlike you guys.”

“Whatever you taste means nothing when you can’t find one girl in this crowd that you actually like. Oh my god eww, do you guys see that?” Jiho said as he pointed to a couple dancing and making out on the dance floor.

“Oh gross, why can’t they go to one of their bars instead of coming here and doing that nasty in front of us normal people,” Kyung, another one of Yukwon’s friends said. Changjo looked over to what they were talking about and saw that they were disgusted by two guys making out on the dance floor. He felt uncomfortable and went back to sipping on his drink before Jiho hit him on the shoulder.

“Can you believe that Changjo? Don’t turn out like them when you grow up, we need to protect our maknae from corruption,” he said while hugging Changjo’s head to his chest and laughing to himself.

“Stop it hyung, I’m not that much younger than you.”

“Yah, can we get back to finding a girl for Changjo and Seungho to dance with?” Yukwon said trying to change the subject.

“Fine. How about her?” Seungho pointed to a girl with a cute short haircut, in a skin tight short blue dress that highlighted her and was low cut enough to emphasize her s. All of the guy’s attention was immediately drawn to her when he pointed her out, everyone except Changjo. He thought she was cute but she didn’t turn him on.

            I guess I really am gay. Changjo thought to himself as he downed the rest of his water. Now I just have to make sure that they never find out or I’ll be ostracized from the group.

            “Ok so are we going to just stare at her or are you going to go over there and put the moves on her?” Jiho asked.

            “Oh don’t worry, I’m gonna put the moves on her alright. She’s not even gonna want any other guy after I’m done with her, but don’t worry Changjo, I’ll convince her to dance with you,” Seungho said as he patted his shoulder and headed out on the dance floor.

            Changjo watched as he effortlessly walked up behind the girl, whispered something in her ear and then started dancing on her. He noticed how Seungho’s hips moved so fluidly against her body, how his hands held onto her hips as he kept her close, and how he kept whispering into her ear in between placing kisses on her neck. Changjo sort of felt jealous. He wished he was the one dancing with Seungho like that, having him pay that much attention to him, just simply touching him as more than a friend.

            Soon Changjo saw Seungho walking back to their table with the girl holding his hand as she followed him. He quickly diverted his eyes so it wouldn’t be so obvious that he was staring at them until they got to the table.

            “Hey guys, this is Sera, Sera this is the guys,” Seungho introduced her to everyone. Sera gave everyone a small smile before sitting down next to Changjo and placing a hand on his knee.

            “So I’m supposed to dance with you next huh? Well let’s go,” she said as she grabbed Changjo’s hand and led him out to the dance floor.

            Changjo felt nervous. His heart rate kept continuously increasing with each step they took further out to the dance floor. Once Sera decided on a spot she turned around, wrapped her arms around Changjo’s neck and started dancing with him. Changjo nervously placed his hand on her hips before taking a deep breath and deciding it was all or nothing. He pulled her closer to his body and slowly grinded up against her as he lowered his hands to her . She didn’t push him away so he figured that she didn’t mind what he was doing and he decided to take it another step further by placing a kiss on her neck the way Seungho did and the way Yongguk would do every time they danced together.

            Changjo felt the vibrations on as she let out a slight moan and he wanted to back off immediately, he realized he couldn’t do this. He couldn’t pretend to be straight with a girl. He didn’t find it gross, ok he found it a little gross, but not repulsive, he just didn’t want to do it. Before he could get away though she turned his face so that she could kiss him directly and Changjo didn’t know what to do at first until he pulled his mouth off of hers.

            “I-I’m sorry. I can’t do this anymore,” Changjo said before leaving her on the dance floor and heading to the bar. He didn’t want to go back to the table and have the guys question him, so he figured he would get away for a moment just to get his thoughts in order.

            Once he got to the bar he quickly sat down and laid his head on the bar mainly out of pure embarrassment. He couldn’t believe that he actually ran away from her, ran away from her just because she kissed him. If his friends didn’t think he was gay before they definitely knew now.

            They’re going to hate me. He thought to himself.

            “Would you like something to drink?” A bartender came up to Changjo and he shook his head before telling him that he was the designated driver for the night.

            “Well how about a soda on the house?”

            “Sure, that would be nice,” Changjo said and the bartender walked off to go and get his soda.

            “Stop it and leave!” Changjo heard someone yell and he immediately turned his head to where the noise was coming from and he saw Himchan hitting on a bartender with Ricky nowhere in sight.

            That cheating bastard. I’m not going to let him hurt Ricky like this. Changjo thought as he stood up from his seat and walked over to Himchan. He lightly tapped the older man on his shoulder before staring him down when he turned around.

            “Changjo? What are you doing here? Is Yongguk here too?” Himchan asked as he looked around.

            “No, that and me are no longer together. I thought you knew that,” Changjo said sarcastically, “But the better question is what are you doing here? Hitting on some random person when you should be home with Ricky,” Changjo finished and Himchan looked at him confused.

            “What are you talking about Ricky is…”

            “Changjo? What are you doing here?” Ricky asked as he placed a glass of water in front of Himchan.

            “R-Ricky? You work here? Since when? When did you get a bartending license? You must not be sleeping a lot between this and classes,” Changjo said going on and on.

            “Ricky doesn’t take classes,” Himchan stated like it was the most obvious thing while sipping his glass of water.

            “What do you mean he doesn’t take classes? Ricky?”

            “I don’t know what he’s talking about I…”

            “I mean he’s not even enrolled in school. He just works this stupid job and I’m trying to get him to quit,” Himchan said before asking Ricky for a beer after finishing his water.

            “Hyung!!” Ricky yelled at Himchan and Changjo stood there speechless.

            “I…I’m going to go,” Changjo said not knowing what to say to his friend and figuring that walking away from the situation right now might be for the best until he got his thoughts and words in order.

            Changjo went back over to the table with the rest of the guys and they stayed at the club for a little while longer before Changjo drove them all the way back. When Changjo and Yukwon got back to their dorm Yukwon asked Changjo what happened between him and the girl.

            “Nothing, I just needed some air,” Changjo said as he changed into his pajamas.

            “You needed some air when you were dancing with someone that hot? C’mon you were gone for most of the night after that.”

            “I got…nervous,” Changjo said. He figured he wasn’t actually lying just not telling the reason why he got nervous.

            “Oh, and about the guys, I’m sorry for the stuff they were saying at the club. I mean I know you’re normal but I figured it still probably made you uncomfortable because of your fathers, who are very nice,” Yukwon rushed out the last bit of his spiel before taking a breath, “But yea they still shouldn’t have said what they did. Anyway I figured that you were nervous and that’s what I told her. That you were just young and nervous and that your last relationship didn’t end well,” Yukwon said as he got into bed and watched Changjo finish changing.

            Changjo didn’t really know what to say to the whole apologize that Yukwon had given him so he just decided to accept it and move onto talking about Sera.

“It’s fine but why’d you tell her all that?”

            “Well, if you would’ve come back to the table before she left you would’ve known that you won the dance competition and that she asked for your number to see you again.”

            “She…she asked for my number? Really?” Changjo asked in disbelief. He figured that she liked Seungho way more than him.

            “Yea, I told you that you would be picking up girls in that outfit tonight, but here,” Yukwon handed Changjo her number, “she’s expecting a call before the end of the week.” Changjo took the number and placed it on his desk.

            “What? You’re not gonna call her now?”

            “It’s late now, I’ll…I’ll just contact her in the morning,” Changjo said before getting into bed.

            “Alright, just letting you know, whenever you want to have just put a tie or something on the door and I’ll leave you and her alone,” Yukwon laughed and Changjo nodded to himself knowing that that was never going to happen, at least not with a girl.

            While Changjo was trying to keep his “secret” Ricky was fuming when he and Himchan walked into their apartment. He couldn’t believe that Himchan told Changjo that he wasn’t in school and the fact that Himchan was drunk now and was trying to be all lovey dovey with him didn’t help to calm him down in the slightest.

            “C’mon Ricky, let’s go to bed. I haven’t gotten to touch you in so long,” Himchan slurred as he wrapped his arms around the younger boy and started kissing on his neck. Ricky shook himself out of his grasp before going to the kitchen to fill up the kitten’s food and water bowl.

            “No hyung, you need to sleep off your hangover before you have class in a couple of hours.” Ricky couldn’t believe that Himchan stayed with him all night just to make sure no one hit on him, when Himchan knew Ricky didn’t get off until 6am and that he had class at ten.

            “I’m not going to class. I just want to stay with you,” Himchan said as he came back over to Ricky and wrapped his arms around him again.

            Ricky felt the cat rub up against his leg and he bent down, taking himself out of Himchan’s arms once again, to pick up the kitten.

            “Hey Coco, did you miss daddy?” Ricky cooed at the black kitten as he pet her head and walked into the living room.

            “Ricky…” Himchan whined and Ricky let out a soft sigh as Himchan followed him into the living room.

            “Hyung, go to sleep. I don’t want to talk to you right now and I would also like to get some sleep too.”

            “Why don’t you want to talk? C’mon just come cuddle with me.”

            Ricky got off of the couch and started heading for their bedroom and Himchan had a smile on his face figuring that Ricky had finally give in.

            “If you don’t want to sleep in the bedroom I will then. Night hyung,” Ricky said before closing and locking the door and falling asleep with Coco in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Changjo doesn’t know how he ended up sitting in a café, across from Sera, drinking hot chocolate and eating cake. He called her and somehow the small conversation they had ended with this “date” being planned. She did most of the talking and actually ended up planning the date so Changjo simply decided to go along with it. He found out that she was in fact older than him by almost three years and that she was going to school to become a pediatrician, which he actually thought was really cool. He also realized that she liked to talk a lot, not in an obnoxious way, at least not to him since he was actually interested in what she had to say, but she just kept going. Changjo figured that she must’ve realized she was talking too much when she stopped and just stared at him for a minute.

            “I’m talking too much aren’t I?” she asked as she gave him a small smile.

            “No, it’s fine. I like hearing you talk noona.”

            “Well I’m tired of hearing myself talk…actually that’s a lie but I would like to learn something about you. What do you go to school for Changjo?”

            “Dance and vocal performance,” he said as he took a sip of his hot chocolate.

            “Ooh that’s interesting. Are you trying to become a singer?”

            Changjo shrugged his shoulders at the question. He had thought about it but now he wasn’t so sure if that was the route that he actually wanted to take anymore.

            “I don’t know. My dad was a singer, while my other dad became a stylist so they were both always sort of in the spot light. I just don’t know if I can handle the life of a famous person.”

            “Wait you have two fathers?”

            “Yea, I do. I was adopted.”

            “Wow, I’m surprised you turned out normal. I would figure that you would end up being gay or something,” she giggled and Changjo let out an awkward laugh as he took a bite out of his cake. For the first time in his life he actually felt sort of embarrassed for his family.

            When he was still at home everyone in the neighborhood knew his family and accepted them, him, but now that he was in college he felt like he had to hide who he was so that he would be seen as “normal” by everyone else.

            “Hey, how about we go to this cute little boutique I saw on the way here. I’ll even let you buy me something cute!” Sera said as she grabbed his hand and led him out of the café. He reluctantly followed and figured this was going to be a long day.

            Key was also out doing some shopping but not for jewelry, or makeup, or clothes. Actually he wasn’t doing any of the normal shopping that he normally did. No, instead he was at a pet store looking at the cute animals and soon one caught his eye. Before Key knew it, he was purchasing it, buying toys, and plenty of pet food to keep him happy.

            Key felt lonelier than he thought he would after Changjo left home and he figured that a pet would help cure some of that loneliness since Jonghyun still worked as much as he always had, which left Key home alone a lot more than he would’ve liked. He picked out a name tag, along with a name, Comme Des, and got a cute leash as well so that he could take him on walks.

            He spent most of the day showing Comme Des around the house and trying to make the puppy feel comfortable around him, until soon enough the puppy ended up falling asleep on his lap while they watched a movie on the couch. Key kept petting its fluffy brown fur and enjoyed the warmth that radiated off of the small pup onto his legs. When Jonghyun walked through the door though he was surprised to the fluffy animal on Key’s lap.

            “Umm Key…when did he get a dog?”

            “Today. Isn’t he cute? His name is Comme Des,” Key said as he placed the puppy down on his sleeping mat.

            “Yea he’s cute but why did you get a dog?”

            “Because I wanted one! It’s all lonely being in the house by myself all the time so why not get a pet. Plus don’t you love dogs?” Key asked cautiously, worried that Jonghyun would want him to take the dog back, even though he wouldn’t, but he just didn’t feel like fighting over Comme Des, who he had fallen in love with so quickly.

            “I do, I guess I was just taken by surprise. Never expected to come home to a dog today. Now what’s his name?”

            “Comme Des, and does that mean we can keep him?”

            “Would you bring him back even if I said no?” Jonghyun asked.

            “No.”

            “Well then yes, we can keep him.” The next thing Jonghyun knew, Key was jumping into his arms, wrapping his legs around Jonghyun’s waist and placing kisses all over his face.

            “Thank you! I love you Jjong! And I know you’ll come to love Comme Des as much as I do!” Key said excitedly before jumping down and picking up the puppy, startling him awake.

            “You hear that?! You get to stay!” he exclaimed before snuggling the puppy up to his cheek and Jonghyun couldn’t help but chuckle and stare at how adorable and happy his husband was over the small puppy. He figured having a puppy wouldn’t be so bad if it could make Key smile like that and there was nothing that he liked seeing more than Key smile.

            While Jonghyun was enjoying Key smile over the puppy, Changjo was feeling indifferent towards Sera’s smile after she talked him into buying her a cute heart shaped necklace. A cute heart shaped necklace with a small diamond in the middle. Changjo didn’t know why he ended up getting it for her but she begged and pleaded and eventually Changjo gave in.

            “It’s so cute Changjo-ah! Thank you so much!” she exclaimed as she clung onto his arm while they walked back to Changjo’s car. “So where are we going now?” she asked when they got in the car.

            “I was thinking about bringing you back to your place since I still have some reading and homework to catch up on,” Changjo said as he started the car and started driving towards her place.

            “C’mon! It’s Saturday! You have plenty of time to do homework.”

            “I’m sorry Sera noona, but I’m really behind. We could always hang out again later,” he said and Changjo felt like smacking himself. It’s not like he didn’t like Sera, as a friend, but he didn’t want to lead her on to think that they could be anything more.

            “Alright,” she pouted and Changjo almost started to feel bad, but he wasn’t going to give into her.

            When they got to her apartment, he pulled up to the front of the building, cut the engine and waited for her to get out. Yet she turned towards him with a smile on her face.

            “Do you want to walk me up?” she asked eagerly and Changjo shook his head no.

            “I don’t want your neighbors to get the wrong idea. I think it would be best if I didn’t.”

            “Oh c’mon! Who cares what they think?! Fine, can I at least get a kiss goodbye?”

            “Noona,” Changjo let out a sigh, he didn’t want to hurt her, or tell her that he’s was gay, so he decided on the third best option.

            “I think we might be moving too fast. How about we slow down and get to know each other a little more before moving on doing that type of stuff.”

            “I can’t even get a kiss?” she asked and Changjo could hear the hopefulness in her voice.

He took a small inhale of breath to calm himself down before leaning in and planting a small kiss on her lips. This time when he kissed her he decided it wasn’t as bad as when they kissed in the club. He didn’t love it but he didn’t hate it either and he figured a few kisses here and there might not be so bad. That he could even get used to it. Then if he was dating a girl, and actually enjoyed it, he wouldn’t have to pretend to be straight in front of his friends. So he deepened the kiss between him and Sera as he placed a hand behind her head and pulled her closer to him. When they separated Sera was slightly breathless and had an even bigger smile on her face before she started pouting.

            “Wow. Are you sure you don’t want to come up with me?” she asked with a certain glint in her eyes and Changjo shook his head no again.

            “No, I’ll call you later noona.”

            “I’ll be waiting for you call,” she said as she got out of the call, giving him one last smile before heading into the building.

            Changjo let out another sigh as he started his car and drove himself back to his dorm thinking to himself: I just have to keep pretending. Just have to keep pretending and no one will hate me.

            When Changjo got back to his dorm, he was quickly attacked by both Yukwon and Seungho who were apparently waiting for him to get back from his date. He knew Yukwon would question him but he didn’t expect for Seungho to be there too.

            “Seungho Hyung, what are you doing here?”

            “What do you mean ‘what am I doing here?’ Of course I would be here after your date with a complete bombshell like Sera. So how did it go?”

            “It was…ok,” Changjo said as he walked away from them and sat on his bed.

            “Ok? Just ok?! C’mon Changjo you’re going to have to give us more than that!” Yukwon exclaimed as he walked over to Changjo and Seungho sat next to him on the bed. Both of them waiting for the details of the date.

            “Well we went to a café, then I bought her a necklace from a boutique because she wanted it, and then I drove her home.”

            “That’s it?! Nothing else? Did you at least kiss her?!” Seungho asked, practically begging for something else.

            “We…kissed.”

            “I knew it! She probably took care of you real nice right?” Yukwon said with a suggestive smirk on his face.

            “Actually I kissed her...”

            “Whoa, look at our little baby growing up. Taking initiative. I knew you could do it! You really have a way with the older women don’t you?” Yukwon said teasing him and Changjo punched him in the shoulder.

            “Shut up hyung! All we did was kiss,” Changjo said blushing slightly and the other two boys continued to . Yet Changjo’s mind was somewhere else.

Just got to keep pretending and everything will be fine.


Hey guys! I know it's been a while but I hope this makes up for it! Not much to say for this chapter....a lot happened, but then not much happened at the same time...huh. Idk. I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter though!

~Lolo