I'm Sorry

Our Happy Family

“Ok do you have everything? You’ve got all of your bags, your laptop, your wallet and…”

          “Yes for the hundredth time Key appa, I have everything. Remember we packed up my car last night and ever double checked this morning to make sure I didn’t forget anything.” Changjo said he stood by his car getting ready to leave. They had been saying been saying “goodbye” for the last five minutes now and all Changjo wanted to do was get on the road and head back to school already.

          “I don’t know. I still think we should drive up with you. You know make sure you get settled in properly and everything.”

          “Key, let Changjo go already. He’ll be fine, won’t you?” Jonghyun said as he put his arm around Key’s shoulder and looked at Changjo. Changjo nodded his head, practically begging his Jjong appa with his eyes to get Key to let him leave already.

          “Fine, whatever, but if you call saying you forgot something or that you’re lost I’m not coming up there to help you!” Key exclaimed as he crossed his arms and looked away from Changjo.

          “I love you too Key appa and I know you for a fact that you will come up if I called you and asked you to,” Changjo said as he hugged Key before moving on to hug Jonghyun.

          “I will not!” Key yelled but Changjo could tell that Key was trying his best not to smile at Changjo’s words.

          “Ok, I will call you guys as soon as I get there.”

          “You better or your Key appa will freak out and I’ll have to be the one to calm him down. Anyway be safe on the roads. Hopefully you make it there before it starts snowing.”

          “I will.” Changjo said his last few goodbyes before driving off and Key watched his car leave until he could no longer see it.

          “Come on Key, let’s go inside already, it’s cold.”

          Key let out a soft sigh as he let himself be led back in the house by Jonghyun. Jonghyun went into the kitchen to put on a fresh pot of coffee to warm them up while Key went and lay down on the couch. When Jonghyun came out of the kitchen with the two mugs of coffee he saw Key lying on his back with an arm draped over his eyes. He placed both mugs down gently on the coffee table before crouching down next to Key’s head and running a hand softly through Key’s hair. Key’s arm dropped and he looked over to Jonghyun who was smiling at him.

          “What’s wrong Key?”

          “Hmm…I don’t know. Nothing I guess.”

          “I mean something must be wrong. Just look at your hair, you never let your roots come in this much without getting a touch up. So what’s bothering my poor little Kibummie?”

          Key looked at Jonghyun strangely as he pushed his hand away and sat up on the couch, allowing for Jonghyun to take a seat right next to him. “When have you ever called me Kibummie?” Key spoke as if the word left a bad taste in his mouth and Jonghyun simply laughed at him a bit.

          “What don’t you like it? I think it’s cute.”

          “Maybe if we were younger I would’ve thought it was cute, but right now I think it’s gross,” Key said as he scrunched up his face to emphasize just how gross he thought it was.

          “Oh my poor Kibummie thinks my nickname for him is gross! Oh why God won’t he accept my love for him?!” Jonghyun over exaggerated as he pulled Key into a tight hug that Key fought to get out of.

          “Let me go Jonghyun! God, you’re such a child! Just call me Kibum or I guess…Bummie will be fine,” Key said after getting out of Jonghyun’s death grip causing a light blush to dust his cheeks.

          “Fine,” Jonghyun turned Key’s face to look at him, “I’ll just call you Kibum then. My Kibum,” Jonghyun’s voice turned into a whisper as he leaned in and placed a soft kiss on Key’s lips. Key slowly kissed him back and just as he was really about to get into the kiss Jonghyun pulled away.

          “Now are you going to tell me what’s wrong?”

          Key let out a soft sight as he rotated his body so he could lay his back against Jonghyun’s chest. Jonghyun happily welcomed him into his arms and wrapped his arms around his stomach.

          “I just, I feel like Changjo really is growing up so fast. First this whole thing with that woman…”

          “You mean his mother?”

          “I refuse to call her that. We raised Changjo, not her, he’s our son. She’s nothing more than a surrogate,” Key spat out, anger dripping from his words.

          “Yes, yes. I know Key, but you need to understand that Changjo is old enough to make his own decisions and if he wants her in his life then we should support that. We don’t have to be happy, but we should still support our son nonetheless,” Jonghyun stated as he kissed the top of Key’s head.

          “I know, but like you said I don’t have to like it. Anyway there’s that and then now he doesn’t want us to come with him to school and it was like he was in some big rush to get out of here, like he didn’t want to be around us Jonghyun.”

          “He’s probably just excited to get back to school and see his friends. Plus it is supposed to snow today. He probably wanted to avoid driving in the snow for too long as much as he could.”

          “I guess you’re right, but then…”

          “There’s more?” Jonghyun cut him off and Key turned around to stare directly into Jonghyun’s eyes.

          “He’s dating someone Jonghyun.”

          “Why do you think he’s dating someone and also what should it matter if he is? He’s old enough to…”

          “But he didn’t tell us Jonghyun! Why would he keep the fact that he’s dating someone new away from us?! I mean he finally decided to stop pretending to date that girl but who could he have found in such a short amount of time since he’s been home to date? Then on top of it, someone who makes enough money to buy him such an expensive ring?!” Key exclaimed and Jonghyun could see Key getting more worked up over this than he felt he should be.

          “Key, calm down. First of all, what ring? What are you talking about?”

          “Are you serious Jonghyun?! The ring he’s been wearing on his left ring finger since Christmas! Did you really not notice it? How could you not with how many diamonds are in the band?” Key continued and Jonghyun still couldn’t understand why Key was overreacting so much.

          “Ok it must be fake. A cheap ring that some boy gave him. So can you explain again what’s wrong with our son dating?”

          “First of all Jonghyun that ring wasn’t fake. Trust me; I know real diamonds when I see them. Insoo would buy me…well anyway I know diamonds ok. Secondly the problem is not the fact that he’s dating but the fact that he wouldn’t tell us!”

          “Key, does Changjo have to tell us every time he’s dating someone new?”

          “Yes!” Key answered quickly and Jonghyun simply stared at him with crossed arms.

          “Well…no, but I just would like to know what’s going on in my sons life.”

          “Do you also want him to text you every time he’s having as well?”

          “Of course not!” Key exclaimed and he slowly started to see where Jonghyun was going with this but that didn’t mean that he liked it.

          “So then he’s not going to tell you he’s seeing someone every time he starts a new relationship. This relationship probably just started and he’ll tell us about it when and if they get serious enough that he wants to introduce him to his parents.”          

          “But the ring…”

          “Was nothing more than a Christmas gift. Let it go Key. Oh and speaking of rings, what was that you were saying about Insoo buying you diamonds?” Jonghyun said as he scooted closer to Key on the couch.

          “Oh you know it was so long ago I don’t really remember…” Key said as he backed away from Jonghyun’s looming gaze until his back hit the arm of the couch.

          “Well maybe I should help you remember,” Jonghyun practically whispered out.

          “And how exactly…” Key was cut off by Jonghyun’s lips once again and soon the only thing on his mind was Jonghyun. Not Changjo, not all the gifts Insoo at one time would give him, only Jonghyun and the feel of his lips on top of his own was what Key could think about and honestly that was the way he liked it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

            “So how was your holiday? Did you and Sera do anything fun?” Yukwon asked Changjo as Changjo unpacked his stuff and he put the manga he was reading aside for now.

            “Eh, I worked the whole time and also Sera noona and I broke up,” Changjo stated nonchalantly as he continued unpacking and organizing his stuff.

            “What?!! Why did you guys break up?! I need the details!” Yukwon exclaimed as he sat up in his bed, waiting for Changjo to continue.

            “It just wasn’t meant to be really…”

            “Really? I could’ve sworn you really liked her, plus she was really cute. Well obviously not cuter than my girlfriend but cute nonetheless. Wait, did she break up with you? Am I being insensitive? Is my poor Changjo heartbroken?” Yukwon went on and Changjo couldn’t help but laugh a little and his silliness.      

            “No hyung, I broke up with her and I’m not heartbroken. Like I said it wasn’t meant to be. Also I’m dating someone new now.”

            “Oh! My, my, you sure move on fast don’t you Changjo? Is she cute? Long or short hair? How tall is she? What about her bra size,” Yukwon continued and Changjo just shook his head.

            “I thought you had a girlfriend.”

            “I do! I just want to make sure my roommate is picking up good women. I only want what’s best for my cute little dongsaeng.”

            “Well don’t worry hyung, this person is totally my type.”

            Their conversation was interrupted by a knock at the door and Changjo was about to get it but Yukwon told him to continue unpacking and that he would get it.

            “Uh Changjo you have a visitor,” Yukwon said as he walked back over to their bed area and Changjo gave him a strange look.

            “Well who is it? Why didn’t they come in?”

            “He said he’d wait for you by the door. He says you guys are friends but,” Yukwon looked to the door before moving closer to Changjo to whisper into his ear, “Listen if you’re in trouble or need money or something, just let me know. These loan sharks can be dangerous.”

            Changjo gave him the weirdest look before pushing him away and telling him that he reads way too much manga. When he got to their door he saw Yongguk standing there, his black hair slicked back, the sides recently shaven to make it look neat, and he was dressed in all black and even sporting a leather jacket. Now Changjo could understand why Yukwon would make such a statement, because Yongguk did look like someone that could be potentially dangerous dressed like that.

            “Hyung, what are you doing here? Didn’t I say I would come and see you after I finished unpacking?” Changjo said as he leaned against the door, letting his eyes rake up and down Yongguk’s body and attire one more time before finally settling on his face.

            “I haven’t seen you since our last sleep over so I couldn’t wait.”

            “That was three days ago, I’m pretty sure you could’ve waited another hour or so. Also what if I wasn’t here yet?”

            “Obviously I would just wait for you to show up. You roommate seems decent. I probably would’ve found something to talk about with him. Anyway are you done unpacking now? Can we go?”

            “Go where?” Changjo asked as he walked back into his room, Yongguk following behind, and continued to unpack his things.

            “I figured we could go get dinner since you probably haven’t eaten and neither have I,” Yongguk said as he sat on Changjo’s bed.

            “Wait are you guys going to eat?! I wanna come! Oh by the way, my name’s Yukwon. I’m Changjo’s roommate and I assume you’re not a loan shark since you haven’t beaten Changjo to a bloody pulp yet,” Yukwon said as he held his hand out to greet Yongguk. Yongguk looked at him strangely as he shook his hand and started to wonder just what type of character Changjo was sharing a room with.

            “Yongguk. And no I’m not,” he introduced himself.

            “Seriously hyung, stop filling your brain with manga all the time,” Changjo said again as he finished putting his stuff away and neatly tucked his luggage away as well. 

            “Come on, you have to agree he kind of looks like a gangsta the way he’s dressed in all black and all.”

            Changjo looked to Yongguk again before laughing again. “He does have a point hyung. Plus why are you wearing a leather jacket when it’s like 20 degrees outside.”

            “Because I drove here so I wasn’t out in the cold long. Also, hyung? Exactly how old are you Yukwon?” Yongguk asked as he turned his attention back to Changjo’s roommate.

            “Me? Well I’m 19 but I’m turning 20 in April. Oh yea how old are you Yongguk? So we can get the formalities right and everything.”

            “22 turning 23.”

            “Ah so then you’re older than me too also way older than Changjo. Changjo how do you keep finding all these older guys to be friends with? It’s like you’re a “hyung” magnet.”

            “Eww, don’t say it like that. It makes it sound like I attract a bunch of older guys.”

            “But you do!” Yukwon exclaimed and Changjo shook his head at his silliness.

            “Well I’m the only hyung that matters in the end. Isn’t that right Changjo?” Yongguk said and Changjo could hear the jealously dripping from his words and was honestly too tired to deal with it.

            “Yea, yea. You’re the only hyung that matters Yongguk. Anyway aren’t we going out to eat? Maybe I should invite Seungho hyung too and you can invite your friends if you want Yukwon.”

            “Sure we can make it a big after holiday get together! I’ll call them all up!”

            While Yukwon was busy calling and texting his friends, Changjo sat on his bed next to Yongguk and started typing out his message to Seungho. Yongguk then took the chance to drape his arm over Changjo’s shoulder and whisper in his ear about he didn’t want all these people coming along with them and how it was supposed to be a date. Changjo simply shrugged Yongguk’s arm off of him and told him to stop under his breath.

            “Alright so everyone said they’ll come but they just want to know where we’re meeting,” Yukwon said, looking up from his phone over to Changjo.

            “Ah right…where are we going Yongguk?” Changjo asked him but Yongguk just shrugged his shoulders and said “wherever.” Changjo could tell Yongguk was a little pissed off but he wasn’t going to let it ruin the night.

            “Ok just tell them to meet us at bar and grill near here. We can have some nice grilled meat while we’re there and drink a couple of beers and relax.” As soon as Changjo told Yukwon the place he let all of his friends know and Changjo received a reply from Seungho saying that he was also coming.

            “Alright well we should get going if we want to make it there anytime soon. I’m going ahead to go pick up some of the guys that don’t have cars and I’ll meet you guys there,” Yukwon said as he gathered his things and headed out of the room. Once he was gone Changjo looked to Yongguk and asked him what car he wanted to take.

            “I’ll drive,” Yongguk answered shortly and Changjo let out a harsh sigh as he just followed behind Yongguk to his car.

            “So can you tell me why exactly we’re going out to dinner with all of these people?” Yongguk said as he started driving to the place.

            “They’re my friends…well some of them. I just want to catch up with everyone. I mean we can spend time together alone anytime,” Changjo said, happy that Yongguk wasn’t completely ignoring him anymore.

            “Alright. Are you going to come to my place after?”

            “I guess. I mean you took the small bag of stuff I gave you and brought it to your apartment already right?”

            “Yup. Even unpacked it and everything.”

            “You better not have sniffed my underwear hyung!” Changjo joked out and they both started laughing a bit.

            “Why would I sniff your underwear? Do I look like a dog to you?”

            “Hmm…now that I take another look at you…” Changjo teased and Yongguk hit his arm.

            “Yah! I do not look like a dog. Plus even if I did, you’re still the one that’s attracted to my look. So you would honestly be the weird one in the end.”

            “Sure whatever you say hyung. Oh also can you not mention that we’re dating when we’re around the other guys?” Changjo asked and Yongguk looked over to him for a second before returning his gaze to the road.

            “Why not? Does one of them like you? Well you’re going to have to break his heart one day and let him know that you’re taken,” Yongguk laughed out but Changjo didn’t laugh with him.

            “No, that’s not it. They just…well they don’t know that I’m gay hyung.”

            “Really? Well I mean you were seeing that girl for a little while. Why I still don’t know, but still might as well let them know now that you’re actually into guys,” Yongguk said as if it was the simplest thing in the world and Changjo just let out a soft sigh.

            “Please just don’t mention it. You’ll understand better when you meet them,” Changjo said and Yongguk decided to let it go for now.

            Soon enough they arrived at the restaurant and some of the other guys were already there. Yukwon and Seungho hadn’t arrived yet but a couple of Yukwon’s friends were already sitting and working on a couple of beers. They waved Changjo and Yongguk over and the two quickly joined them at the table.

            “Hey Changjo, long time no see,” Jaehyo greeted him first as they sat down and he remembered Yukwon describing him as the “pretty boy” of their little group, even though personally Changjo thought Yukwon and Jihoon were the nicest looking ones. Even Jiho was better looking than Jaehyo to him but Jiho’s attitude it what killed his outer appearance.   

            “Hey guys. I guess Yukwon hyung is still out picking everyone else up.”

            “Yea. They really need to stop being lame and save up money for a car,” Jiho said as he took a sip of his beer.

            “Well sorry Jiho, not all of us have older brother’s that are idols and can buy us nice things,” Minhyuk said as he hit Jiho on the back of his head. Everyone had else walked in and was taking their seats at the table. Well everyone except for Seungho. They all started laughing at Jiho because of Minhyuk’s statement but he just looked pissed and looked over to Kyung.

            “You ing , you told him that my brother bought my car?!” Jiho exclaimed and Kyung simply shrugged his shoulders as he drank his beer and looked at the menu while Changjo gave Yongguk a knowing look as to why he didn’t want him mentioning the fact that they were dating.

            “He asked how you could afford it and I told him. It’s no big deal. Anyway like he said you shouldn’t make fun of others if you didn’t even save up to buy your car yourself,” Kyung said nonchalantly.

            “ you man. I don’t even know why I call you my best friend,” Jiho said.

            “Alright, let’s just calm down and order some food. We came here to have a good time, not to fight,” Yukwon intervened before calling someone over to place a small order of meat for them to start cooking.

            “Why’d you order such a small amount of meat?” Yongguk asked knowing that that would be nowhere near enough food to feed nine guys.

            “Well we have to decide how much money everyone has so we can split the bill fairly, but I just wanted to start eating so I decided to place a small order for now,” Yukwon said as if it was the simplest thing in the world. Which in reality it did make a lot of sense but to Yongguk and Changjo that obviously had more money than everyone else sitting at the table, they felt like it was dumb to order such a small amount of food. So Yongguk called the waiter back over and placed another order that consisted of more meat and a couple of side dishes as well as a bowl of ramen for him and Changjo.

            “Whoa look at you. You must have a lot of money to just be ordering food like that. You didn’t even look at the menu to see the prices,” Jihoon spoke up, looking and Yongguk in an awe like state.

            “Who cares about some rich bastard ordering a bunch of food? It’s probably his parents money that he’s spending,” Jiho spoke up not at all impressed by Yongguk.

            “So what if it is. You don’t have to eat the food if you don’t want to. I wouldn’t want to spend my money on an like you anyway,” Yongguk spat back and the table erupted in roars trying to egg them on, but Changjo gently squeezed Yongguk’s hand under the table to try and calm him down.

            “Oh don’t worry, I’m going to eat just because I know it pisses you off so much.”

            “Alright, eat to your hearts content. I don’t care. You can eat so much that they have to roll you out of here. I mean you sort of look like a pig anyway what’s a little more food going to hurt?” Yongguk responded and all of Jiho’s friends started laughing. Kyung laughed so hard that he fell out of his chair and Changjo could easily see that Jiho was seriously getting pissed but he didn’t respond and just continued drinking his beer.

            As everyone started to settle down, Seungho finally arrived but as soon as he did he whispered in Changjo’s ear that he needed to talk to him and pulled him away from the group. Yongguk recognized him and he was not at all happy with the fact that the guy took Changjo away with him. Once they were in a more secluded area, Seungho slowed down to catch his breath and Changjo looked at him weird.

            “You’re late hyung. Also why did you pull me away from everyone? We were just about to…”

            “Changjo, have you been able to get in contact with Ricky lately?!” Seungho rushed out cutting Changjo off.

            “Huh? Ricky? What is with you two? Ricky calls me asking for your number and then this is the first time I’ve seen you and you’re asking about Ricky. Geez you guys might as well just start dating or something,” Changjo said as he laughed a bit to himself.

            “I’m serious Changjo! Have you heard from him lately at all?!”

            “No I haven’t. I mean I also haven’t tried to call him or anything but…”

            “Call him now!” Seungho exclaimed and Changjo was getting really confused.

            “Hyung, what is going on? Why do you want me to call Ricky? Why can’t you just call him? Seriously, you’re acting really weird right now Seungho hyung,” Changjo said as he crossed his arms and looked at Seungho. His hair and clothes was unkempt, he was jittery and he just looked really off to Changjo.

            “Hyung, are you taking drugs?” Changjo asked seriously and Seungho let out a harsh sigh as he ran his fingers messily through his hair.

            “No I am not. I’m just worried about Ricky. Listen I haven’t been able to get in contact with him for a few days and I feel like something bad might’ve happened to him, but I don’t want to just go rushing over there. So can you please just call him for me?” Seungho asked and Changjo looked at him weird again before pulling his phone out and calling Ricky’s number. He put the phone on speaker and after a few rings Ricky picked up. Changjo motioned for Seungho to keep quiet while he talked to Ricky.

            “Ricky what are you up to?”

            “Me? Nothing just at home with Coco watching a movie. What are you doing Changjo?” Ricky answered and it took Changjo a second to remember that Coco was Ricky’s cat.

            “I’m just out with some friends having dinner.”

            “Why did you call me when you’re out with friends? You know its rude to…”

            “Ricky who are you talking to?!” Changjo heard Himchan’s voice yell in the background.

            “It’s Changjo hyung. He’s out with some friends and he wanted to know what I was up to,” Ricky answered him and Changjo felt something was off.

            “Ricky why is Himchan yelling at you like that?”

            “Oh he’s just cranky. He had a long day at his internship and was trying to rest. I guess I was speaking to loud on the phone,” Ricky said as he laughed a bit but Changjo could tell it wasn’t his normal comfortable laugh. Seungho couldn’t not stay silent any longer though and quickly snatched the phone away from Changjo.

            “Ricky! It’s me Seungho. Are you ok?! Has he hurt you? Why haven’t you been answering my calls Ricky?!” Seungho asked frantically.

            “S-Seungho hyung? I’m sorry, but we can’t be friends anymore and…”

            “Who is this?!” Soon Ricky’s voice was cut off and Himchan’s voice was coming through the phone.

            “I swear to God if you’ve hurt Ricky I’m going to kill you!” Seungho exclaimed and soon they heard Ricky let out a high pitched yell before the line went dead.

            “W-What was that?” Changjo said as he stared at his phone that showed that the call had ended, not fully wrapping his brain around the situation.

            “I’m sorry Changjo. I have to go,” Seungho said quickly before handing Changjo back and leaving the restaurant.

            Changjo watched Seungho leave the restaurant and all he could do was go back to the table and sit down next to Yongguk, like that whole phone conversation didn’t happen. Yet he couldn’t even last five minutes before telling Yongguk he wanted to leave. Yongguk noticed that ever since he came back from talking with that guy that Changjo was off, so he had no problem leaving when Changjo asked. He quickly settled the bill and then they both left. As he was driving he questioned Changjo about what’s wrong.

            “I think something’s wrong with Ricky. Can we go over to his place hyung?”

            “Ricky? What’s wrong? Is he sick or something? I’m sure Himchan will make sure he’s alright if that’s the case,” Yongguk said not really wanting to drive all the way over there. He just wanted to take Changjo back to his apartment and spend some alone time with his boyfriend, but Changjo shook his head when he mentioned Himchan’s name.       

            “I think Himchan’s the problem,” he started as he turned to face Yongguk, “Hyung I think he might be hurting Ricky,” Changjo said sounding distressed and Yongguk felt his blood run cold before it started to boil as he to the highway to head to Himchan’s place.

            “Ok Changjo, we can go over there and check on them. I’m sure they’re fine though, probably just got into a little fight,” Yongguk said as he gave Changjo a small smile to try and keep his boyfriend calm. When in reality he was trying to keep himself calm and make himself believe that Himchan wasn’t actually hurting Ricky. He didn’t want to go through the same thing for a third time with Himchan.

            Himchan I swear to God if you’ve hurt that boy I’m going to ing kill you. Yongguk thought to himself as he sped up to try and get there faster.

            As soon as they arrived Yongguk raced out of the car and quickly headed up to Himchan and Ricky’s shared apartment with Changjo right on his heels. When they got to the floor, Yongguk saw the boy that had pulled Changjo away earlier banging on their door and he was slowly gathering a show of neighbors coming out of their apartments to see what all of the ruckus was about.

            “Go back inside! There’s nothing to see here!” Yongguk yelled at them as he made his way over to the apartment and told the other man to move from in front of it.

            “Who are you?!” Seungho questioned but soon he saw Changjo standing behind Yongguk.

            “Just move, I actually have the key so if you want to get inside I suggest you move!” Yongguk said and Seungho quickly moved out the way. As soon as the door was open Yongguk rushed inside and felt his heart stop by the scene he saw in front of him. Himchan had his face in his hands and raised his head to look at Yongguk with tears running down his face.

            “I’m sorry…I’m so sorry Yongguk. I really messed up this time,” he said through his tears and all Yongguk could do was stare at him while Changjo rushed past him so he could see Ricky and soon all he could hear was Changjo’s screaming.

            “You’ve killed him!” Changjo screamed and Yongguk knew he couldn’t make this one go away. No instead Himchan would be the one going away…for good.


I'm sorry. Not really but a little bit, that's why the chapter is named I'm sorry lol. Himchan's sorry, I'm sorry for doing this to you guys but it just...happened. Man I really tried to make this a happy and fun chapter and then Seungho had to come and he ed everything up. Blame him....ok again sorry but I hope you enjoyed it! 

~Lolo