"I can trust you, right?"

Babysitter

You look at him and say "Really? What's that?" he looks at you...his gaze, oh my God, it makes you forget about everything. It makes you stutter. It makes you hard to breathe. He looked away just then, makes you feel really happy because he's not making you die because of his stare at this moment. He bites his lips, looking unsure. "I can trust you, right?" He looks at you again. You nodded and say "You can always trust me," as you smile to him. He smiled back at you but there's something weird about his smile. He doesn't really feel like smiling. You just now that.

"So..." he started to tell his story, "I'm not from a very rich family, nor very poor." before you can say anything, he cuts you off, "Maybe it's enough- No, not enough...it's just...I don't know how to say it." You look at him confusedly, "What? Why? Just tell me everything." "So, my family...we're poor if I might say. This house is pretty huge if it's compared to mine and you're pretty lucky." "I'm not...from a rich family, you know? I'm just...enough. My family's financial is just enough. We're not that-" you insist but he cuts you off, "It's different. And I'm not saying you're that rich. I know you're pretty rich, but, you keep being low profile and it's good." 

"My family's financial is terrible, especially, as you know, I have a lot of siblings." he continues. You nodded as in understand and you ask "So that's because of it?" "No. It's more complicated than you think." he said as he looks out to the window for 100th times, you think. "My father...he actually has a really good job. With a good salary of course." he said as he gulps hardly. "And then?" you said to him. You can't understand him. Seconds ago, he said he's from a poor family but then he said that his dad has a good salary. How's that supposed to mean? "He....he...kind of.." he stutters. 'What did he mean? I really don't understand it.' you thought as you keep looking at him which (you think) having a trouble on explaining it to you.

"It was a long time ago," he said as he wander to the window, "We were just a good family, we were good financially aswell. Everything about my family felt right at that time. It's the type of family I wanted to. And I'm sure it's the type which everyone wants to, too." he continued. "Then?" you asked him. "And then, I was only about 12 that time. Still a kid. That night, I can't sleep. And just like how it usually is, I go to my parents' bedroom." You nodded as in get it. You have been in that position aswell. There are sometimes that you can't sleep and you decided to go to your mom and dad's room. He then continues again.

"But before I opened the door, I could hear a loud voice inside the room. I thought something happened, so, rather than opening it, I thought I should listened to it first. To know what happened. And so I could prepare to attack and stuffs." "And what happened?" you said. "As I listened to it, it's actually my mom, and my dad. They're fighting. I wasn't sure about the reason, but, I don't feel good when my parents fighting. You know? It felt bad, right?" You nodded. Sometimes, your mom and dad would have fought because of some reason and it's annoying. It's making you uncomfortable. "Yeah. So, I decided to knock on. I hope I could stop them from fighting. When they heard a knock they stop fighting and my mom opened the door. She looked really...sad. She looked like she just done sobbing. I felt bad about it."

You look to him and say "Did you ask her why?" "No. I didn't. I was too afraid to do that. So I just told her that I can't sleep. And after that she went to my bedroom and helped my fell asleep. I didn't look at my dad again. That night, I only see him looking at me really...no, too intense. He looked at me as if I was doing something really wrong. The day after it, I thought the fight stopped as mom and dad were doing just fine in the morning. They even kissed each other and stuffs. Just like they usually were." he said. After a few seconds, he continues, "But, it wasn't over. The night after it, I hadn't sleep, because I was really curious with it. And, I find my parents fighting again and again." You feel like his voice is shaky and you feel like his tears are forming in the corner of his eyes.

"It always happened. Every night. I couldn't help but hear it all. I think my father thought that my mom cheated on somebody, where the truth, it wasn't. It was my dad who cheated. I...I just know it. From the way he changed after everynight I heard them fight. He...he would go home late at night, drunk, and yelled stuffs to my mother. Sometimes he'd cursed to her. I feel bad for my mom, because he's such a badass." he said as he tries to gulp his saliva. "Did your siblings know this?" you said to him. "No. Nobody knows. Except me." he continues, "And then, not long after that, my mom got pregnant. He should be happy, but he pissed off. He said that it's not his children. He said it's going to be a burden to a family. He even tried to pursued my mom to do abortion, but, my mom won't do that."

You nodded and you said "Wait. They fought every night and being normal in the morning?" "Yes." he continues, "Then, after they fought for a long time, my dad hadn't went home for about 3 days. And somehow, there is this girl that lived near my school. One day, after school ended, I found my dad in her house. She's...well she worked on my dad's office. And she's the one who made my family crashed. I...I really hate her." he said as tears rolled down his face. He wiped in and continue, "So, I decided to come to her to asked her few question, when, I found out my dad was there. He looked at me as if I was a ghost. He started to yell at me and stuffs. He even cursed to me. And in the end, he hit me." "He what?!?!" you said as your eyes widened.