Fall Off

When destiny brings me back to you.
 
 
 
 

 

“Wake up, sleepyhead~” I shifted my body a little bit and looked up, just to find her my hair slowly.

“Good morning.” I smiled.

Shin smiled shyly and said, “Good morning. Did you have a good sleep?”

Of course not. I can’t stop myself from worrying the whole night, but then of course, I can’t tell her, so I just nodded and asked her, “How do you feel?”

She wets her lips and took a deep breath, before saying “I’m much better. Did the doctor said anything?”

I reached out my hand to hold hers. “No, everything’s okay.” I assure her, while also secretly tried to assure myself.

“I can still perform in the concert, right?” She said in a low voice, more like asking herself.

I don’t know whether the doctor allowed her to, in this condition but I don’t want to disappoint her either, so I just nod slightly.

“I really want to perform, you know?” The smile on her face has now disappeared. “It was impossible after I found out that I have this illness, but then it became real a couple months ago. You don’t know how happy I am. I am only holding on onto it. Now even if it’s only once, just one more time, I want to dance.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Dr.Bryan asked Shin’s eomma to come into his room two hours later, and Shin eomma asked me to go with her.

Dr.Bryan told us all the specific details about Shin’s illness, and we found out that it is already in a serious stage. Her heart is too weak that she needs to be hospitalized for a couple weeks now.

“I don’t think she should continue the activity she is doing now, it’s really risky.” Dr.Bryan told us.

Shin’s eomma gave me a worried and a little bit of disappointment glance. Just like me, she knows and understands how much this coming ballet concert means to Shin.

“Is there any way that she could still perform? She has practiced so hard, and the concert is only three days away.” I said.

The doctor took a deep sigh. “Min Jung has been my patient for years. This is the first time-since I discovered her illness- that I see her in a very bad condition. I really don’t suggest her to do any activities in this time being.”

I glanced at Shin’s eomma and I can see tears welling up in her eyes, but she quickly blinked and wiped it away. “If she is going to perform on stage, will it be dangerous for her life?”

“It’s not dangerous, but it’s really risky.” Dr.Bryan replied.

“Is there something else you can do, seonsaengnim?” Shin’s eomma asked again.

Dr.Bryan looked at both of us without saying anything for a few seconds, and he took another deep sigh.

“That concert means the world to her. Just this time, seonsaengnim. Can you help her?” I pleaded him.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

That weekend, Shin is back to the stage she has been dreaming of. She hasn’t recovered at all, but Dr.Bryan has agreed to let her perform for just one more time.

“Ready?” I squeezed her shoulder lightly. She nodded as she pat my hand twice.

I looked at her, trying to hide my worries. I could see her dark circles and her pale face beneath her thick make-up, and once again, I couldn’t stop thinking whether she’ll be okay.

“You’ll be okay.” Shin’s eomma assured her, but she speaks as if she’s encouraging both of us, and encouraged herself too.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The concert lasted for 2 hours, and it successfully wowed all the audiences inside the venue. After the last scenes ended, the audiences spontaneously gave the dancers a standing applause. Even when we rushed to the backstage to see Shin, I still could hear compliments everywhere from the audiences.

“Yeoksi*~ Uri Min Jung-ie jjang!” Yoon Hee-ssi congratulated her happily. “Chukkahae, the concert is a success because of you.” Donghae hyung added.

Shin smiled as she gulped some water. “Jeongmal gomawoyo, everyone.” She put the bottle on the make-up table. “But I think I need to sit down for a while.”

I pulled a chair behind me and helped her sit. I studied her face, and she doesn’t look fine. “Shin, are you sick somewhere? How do you feel?”

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She patted her chest a couple of times, and she tried to reach my hand.

I turned my head. “She needs to go to the hospital, now.”

“Shin, can you stand up?” I wrapped my arm around her and helped her stand, but like a feather, her body suddenly feels so light and she faints.

“Call Dr.Bryan now! We’re going to the hospital! QUICK!”

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Shin received emergency treatment as soon as she got to the hospital.

Everyone couldn’t stop worrying as we are waiting outside the room for hours.

“Will she be okay… I shouldn’t have let her perform. I am a bad mom.” Shin’s eomma mumbled.

“Eommoni, it’s not your fault.” Yoon Hee-ssi hugged her.

“What if there’s something happened to her…” Shin’s eomma cried.

“She’ll be fine, eommoni.” I assured her, even though I am not sure myself.

“Jeongmalyo? Uri Min Jung-ie… will be fine right?”

Dr.Bryan came out of the room right after.

Donghae hyung, who sit the nearest to the door stood right up and asked, “Seonsaengnim, how is Min Jung’s condition?”

“Thankfully she arrived quickly to the hospital. Her condition might be very dangerous if only she fainted for a longer time just now.”

“Is she awake? I want to see my daughter.” Shin’s eomma stood up.

“No, she’s still sleeping. You can only visit her tomorrow. She should be awake in 15 hours.” Dr. Bryan explained.

“Why? Did something happened?” Yoon Hee-ssi asked.

“No, don’t worry.” Dr.Bryan smiled. “Her condition is stable now, but unpredictable things could happen anytime so we will keep an eye on her until the next 15 hours.”

Shin’s eomma nodded. “Seonsaengnim, please take care of her. Please do anything to save her.”

“I will do my best. Don’t worry.”

“Kamsahamnida, seonsaengnim. Please take care of her.” I said, followed by Donghae hyung and Yoon Hee-ssi.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

*Yeoksi = as expected

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, everyone! I know it’s been ages since the last I update, and I want to deeply apologize for that! The previous months have been so hectic – final exams, national exams, and I got lots of things to prepare for my university. Thankfully everything has been done well, and yes, I am currently having my holiday so I just got time to write. Oh, I have finally graduated from high school (yay!!!!!) and I am going abroad on June 21st  to continue my study. I will finish this fanfic before that. Thank you so much for everyone who is still wiling to read this, and please accept my apology for being a bad author :c I love you guys, and please look forward to the final chapters! <3