Leaving

When destiny brings me back to you.
Few days later

SHIN MIN JUNG’s POV

Walking towards the lift, I was pressing the ‘close’ button when I heard a female voice “Wait, wait!”

I hurriedly press the ‘open’ button so that she can get into the lift.

Fixing her hair, she turned towards me. “Aigo. Kamsaham-“

“Oh?” was both our first reaction.

“Ahra eonni! annyeonghaseyo~” I greeted and do a slight bow.

“Oh~ annyeong. Jaljinaesseoyo*?” She smiled.

“I am great. How are you, eonni?”

“I’m great too. Just kinda busy these days.” She hissed under her breath and flipped her hair to the back. “I woke up late today because of working all night yesterday and I realized that I promised Kyuhyunnie to take him to the hospital.” She glanced at her watch. “I am late already~”

“Ah, that’s why you look so in rush.” I chuckled.

Ahra eonni gave me a i-know-right look. “Yeah, that kid always troubled her noona.”

The lift opened and we both walked out.

“Min Jung-ah, you are going to Kyuhyun’s apartment too, right?” Ahra eonni asked as we both walked towards Cho’s apartment.

“Ne.”

“Are you both going for a date or something?” She smiles cheesily.

“Aniyo, it’s nothing like that.” I waved off.

Ahra eonni pressed the bell repeatedly as soon as we arrived. There’s no sign of Cho Kyuhyun so she pressed it again.

“Chakkaman! Nugu-“ I heard Cho’s voice as soon as he opened the door widely. Ahra eonni was standing right in front of the door so she had to move backwards for the door not to hit her.

“Shin! Didn’t you have the apartment’s key with you? Why did you keep on pressing the bell?” Cho looked at me as if I am the most stupid person ever.

“Oh, Cho. If you still remember, we had a fight so I gave back the apartment’s key to you. To be exact, I tossed it in the living room.” I rolled my eyes.

“Ah.” Cho tapped his forehead. “This is why we should never fight, you see? If you got the key with you, you can just go in easily without me having to you in.”

I was going to reply him when Ahra eonni poked his head over the door. She cleared his throat, and says, “Excuse me, people. So what’s going on here?”

Cho’s eyes pupils suddenly got bigger. “Noona, since when are you here?”

“Mmm, actually Min Jung and I arrived here together.” She replied and move towards her dongsaeng.

“So what’s with the apartment’s key, and the fight?” She nudged him and gave him a flirty look.

“Noona please don’t give me such a look.” Cho pretended to puke and Ahra eonni slapped his back. “Yah! So are we going to hospital or not? I am a busy person but I came all the way here just for you.” She nagged. “Now at least tell me something about you guys. Uh? Please?”

Ahra eonni looked at me and Cho repeatedly but none of us speak. “Aish, come on. So are you guys official?”

“No!” “Of course not!” Cho and I answered respectively and it made Ahra eonni burst into laughter.

“Arasseo, arasseo.” She nodded. “Anyway, Kyuhyun-ah, since Min Jung is here I guess I won’t be needed anymore here. Min Jung-ah, you’ll accompany my dongsaeng to the hospital, right?”

“Eh… sure, eonni.” I replied.

“Alright then, I’ll be going now. Come home when you have time, Kyuhyun-ah.” She gave him a hug. “I think you should bring Min Jung-ie too.”

“Ah, eonni~ We’re really not like what you think.” I said.

But before Ahra eonni could say anything, Cho pushed her back as he ‘forced’ her to go, saying “Noona, annyeong~”

“Geurae, geurae. Annyeong~” She waved from the corridor and get into the lift.

“Ugh, sorry. My noona is like that.” Cho said.

I smiled. “I know. Don’t worry about that.” Then, looking at him I remembered that Ahra eonni mentioned about going to hospital earlier.

“Cho, gwaenchanhi? Why do you need to go to the hospital?”

“There’s something wrong…” His expression doesn’t look too good.

“Why? What happened?”

“My arm…” He mumbled.

I started to worry. “But you look okay. What happened to your arm? Let me see. “ I grabbed his left arm.

But then his expression started to turn bright. “Guess what, my bandage will be open today! Kkkk~”

I slapped his arm, knowing that I have been fooled. “Ya! Cho Kyuhyun, neo jinjja…”

“Ouch, but it’s still hurt a little.” He rubbed his arm. “Shin, admit it, you worry about me just now, didn’t ya?”

I snorted. “You wish.”

“Fine, then.” He shrugged. “Anyway, Shin, have you had your breakfast?”

“I had, why?”

“I’ve had mine too but I still can’t brew tea properly with only one hand. So, would you mind to come in and make me a cup of tea?” Cho looked unsure.

“Sure, why not.” I replied in confusion. That’s what I am here for, right?

______________________________________________________________________________________________

“Here’s your tea.” I put a cup of tea on the table and sits right in front of him.

He lifted the cup, and smelled the tea before sipping it. “Ah… I’m alive.”

“Tsk. Admit it, Cho Kyuhyun, you can’t live without me.” I bragged.

“Your tea.” He stressed the word ‘tea’. “ I can’t live without your tea, not you.”

“It’s the same.” I shrugged off. “My tea. Me.”

He doesn’t comment anything and continues on sipping his tea. “I wonder how you brewed the tea. It really tastes different.”

“Because I brewed it using the real tea leaves, that’s why. You just need to know how to brew it properly and nicely. I’ll teach you how later.”

Cho put his cup on the table and shook his head. “I don’t think I need to learn. I have you.”

“But I won’t always be here.”

“What do you mean?”

I looked at him. “What do I mean? Kyuhyun-ssi, didn’t you say that your bandage is going to be open today? That means your arm will recover soon and everything will go back as usual. I’m not going to be your housekeeper anymore.”

Cho looked like he’s thinking something for a while, then he tapped his forehead desperately. “Ooh, Shin. You know I don’t consider you as my housekeeper anymore. I know I was so mean, I am sorry.”

“Ara~” I laughed. “I was joking.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

CHO KYUHYUN’SPOV

“What do I mean? Kyuhyun-ssi, didn’t you say that your bandage is going to be open today? That means your arm will recover soon and everything will go back as usual. I’m not going to be your housekeeper anymore.”

A lot of things going around in my mind as soon as I heard her saying that.

I know it sounds crazy but I really don’t know how, and what to do without her. I mean we have been with each other for a couple of months now and I think it’s because I depend too much on her, I feel lost thinking that she will leave soon.

She won’t be here anymore. She won’t be here every morning to prepare my breakfast. I won’t find her practicing her ballet dancing in the living room. She won’t be here when I’m home after I finished my schedule.

Seriously, is there nothing that I can’t do to make her stay with me even though my arm has recovered? I really need to do something.

I tapped my forehead in desperation. I choose to reply to her last sentence, “Ooh, Shin. You know I don’t consider you as my housekeeper anymore. I know I was so mean, I am sorry.”

“Ara~” She laughed. “I was joking.”

I sipped my tea again. “Ah, I forgot to ask you yesterday. Shin, how many hours did you sleep yesterday?”

She hesitate for a while, before answering, “Four.” “But I am used to it already, really.” She continued right before I could say anything.

“Did you get any symptoms when I was not with you?”

“Hmm.”

“What did the doctor said?”

“Well…” She played with her finger. “The doctor always assured me that I am okay. I know he is doing the best. The medical teams are doing the best, but for now they can only give me the medicines that can slow down the process of the disease.”

None of us speak after that, we are both drown in our thoughts.

I used to think that the medical things nowadays are so modern and the doctors can cure almost all of the diseases, but the fact that the doctors can’t really do anything to cure Shin makes me worry.

and scared.

Will she be okay?

She will be okay, right?

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! Author-nim is back after a month! I have been updating less and less, it’s all because of school :< I’m in the last year of high school so I am even busier than usual knowing that I need to prepare for my university too next year. Nevertheless, I will do my best to update so please do not forget me, everyone XD

Endless thanks to all my readers and subscribers. This fic won’t ever exist without you guys. Thank you and have a great weekend, guys! <3 (p.s. don’t forget to leave your comments below!)