Feelings

When destiny brings me back to you.
SHIN MIN JUNG’S POV

“Aigo, we’re going to be late.” I mumbled as Dong Wook oppa turned the car engine on.

“It’s okay to be late just a little bit.” He replied. “Are you really okay now?” He stole a glance at me before the car starts to move.

“I’m just lack of sleep these few days. I’m okay, oppa, there’s nothing to be worried about.” I convinced him.

“Alright then, if that’s what you said.” He nodded.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hello. Welcome to X Restaurant. Have you reserved a table?” A pretty waitress with a white uniform greeted us.

“Yes. Park Yerin.” Dong Wook oppa replied.

“Ah. Over here.” She smiled friendlily and showed us the way.

“Sunbaenim-deul*, why are you so late?” Jung Hee (Sungmin's brother's girlfriend) asked while putting on a pretending-to-be-angry face.

“They probably had a date, don’t mind them.” Yerin seonsaengnim shook her head and smiled.

Dong Wook oppa helped to pull out a chair for me while replying, “Oh, seonsaengnim eotteohke arasseoyo*?”

“Sunbaenim, you guys are dating? Jinjjayo?” A hoobae sitting beside me looked shocked.

“If I say yes…?” I .

“Ah… my heart is broken.”

“Seungah, don’t you think you are being too truthful?” “Ya~ you should just date Sun Woo, he’s handsome too.” “Aigo! Dong Wook sunbaenim johahani*?!” and tons of comments and reactions are heard after her reply.

I shook my head and laughed at their silly conversations. I love being together with the ballet team. It feels like I have no burdens at all, it’s just like being together with my schoolmates at school where the only problems are homeworks and teachers.

“Aniya, we are not dating. For real.” Dong Wook oppa clarified after all the comments are ended.

“Ah~ Jeongmalyo? But both of you look so good together.” Another male hoobae said. “But Min Jung sunbaenim is too pretty for Dong Wook sunbaenim, though.” I heard other male hoobaes’ voices.

I turned my head to the left to reply to that hoobae when I saw Kyuhyun-ssi…

He is sitting with the members, at the last table in the corner.

Is it because I have not been seeing him for almost a week? That’s why I feel… glad… looking at him? This is weird.

I was about to turned my head back when I noticed he was looking at me too.

I don’t know whether it’s just my imagination or not but I saw him smiling a little bit…and I can’t help but smile too.

A few seconds passed, and I was thinking whether I should go and greet the SJ oppas or should I not when I see him already busy playing with his phone.

This guy, aish-

“Min Jung-ah, what are you looking at?” Dong Wook oppa looked left and right.

“Ani, I-“ That’s when my phone vibrates, indicating there’s a text message in.

“Shin. You don’t wanna come and greet the members?” A text from Cho.

Ya. What is this. You haven’t met your friend for a week and this is your greeting? He should at least says annyeonghaseyo first, shouldn’t he?

“Oh, when I mean you it’s only you. Don’t ask that guy… whatever Wook-ssi… to come with you.” Another text message in.

Aish.

“You really don’t wanna come? Ya! Shin Min Jung!” He texted for the third time.

“Oppa, I’m going to greet my friends for a while over there. You can order for me.” I handed Dong Wook oppa the menu.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

CHO KYUHYUN’S POV

“Guys, I just remembered that I made an appointment with the dancers to have a practice for Super Show 5 tonight.” Shindong hyung said when we are all seated.”Since we are all here, so I just drove the dancers to have a dinner together with us.”

“That’s okay.” Kangin hyung replied. “Let’s have a quick dinner before we go for practice.”

We added one more table for the dancers and because the restaurant is quite packed, our tables are pushed back near the corner. The dancers were seated on the right, beside my table.

The waitress handed us the menu book but rather than thinking of what to eat, my eyes catch a small sentence that was written below the menu. ‘Join in our membership and get a voucher for every purchase of…….’

Voucher. Even a voucher reminds me of Shin. Didn’t she give me three vouchers for my birthday? I remembered only using one of them… asking her to stay at my apartment. Hmmm, I should really make good use of the remaining two…

I randomly choose one food from the menu and handed the menu book back to the waitress. I saw Shin right at that time.

Trying to control my expression, I took out phone from my pocket and texts her.

I glanced at her but she seems to have no intention to come over.

I sent her another text after a minute.

Tsk. I will never admit this in front of her, but she seems to be really popular among her friends. Guy friends, especially.

Fine. I just sent my third text and if she still not going to come then I wouldn’t –

“Annyeonghaseyo, oppadeul.”

I lift my head and see her greeting the members. “I saw you guys, and I thought I should come over to greet.” She smiled. “Did I disturb your event or something?”

“No, no, of course not.” Eunhyuk hyung replied quickly.

“It’s just a dinner. Come join us!” Ryeowook hyung welcome her warmly.

“Yeah, there is one seat left there in the corner.” Donghae hyung nodded.

Sungmin and Shin exchanged greetings and Sungmin pulls out a chair so that she could sit beside him, which is right in front of me. “Min Jung-ah, you seem to lost weight?’

“Really?” She touched her cheek. “I don’t think so?” She laughed.

“So who do you came with?” He asked.

“Ah, I came with some friends. I really want to join but I think I couldn’t. Mianhaeyo, maybe next time.” She gives out her usual smile, but it feels different seeing her smiling like that to other person...

“Annyeong, Shin.” I started the conversation-which is, kinda awkward.

Shin turned her head and greeted me back.

“So what have you been doing this week? Doing a fanmeeting with your fans?” I , glancing once again at the table she seated before. I can see two or three people looking at our table.

“Ya! What do you mean by that? They’re just hoobaes.” She answered.

“Yeah, hoobae-deul that are trying to get your attention.” I added.

“Aish, what’s wrong with this person, really…” Shin looked like she is about to get angry but oddly I find it cute seeing her expression like that.

“Kyuhyunnie is really annoying sometimes, don’t mind him.” Sungmin gave a quick pat on her shoulder.

“And what about you?” I know she made it obvious that she glanced at the dancers sitting beside us. “Ah~ I know why you are so busy this week. No wonder you didn’t say anything when I told you I am not going to help you with the housework…”

I looked at her with disbelief. “Wow, Shin. I can assure you that it’s not like what you’re thinking.”

“Whatever.” Shin rolled her eyes.

She turned her head towards Sungmin and talk to him that I don’t have chance to talk anymore. Why is the situation like this?

“Ah~ too bad we’ll be in Nanjing tomorrow, we have New Year concert.” Sungmin replied.

I heard from their conversation that Shin will be having her ballet showcase tomorrow.

Shin cheered everyone for the concert in Nanjing and she talked to members a bit before going back to her table.

I hesitated for some time before decided to text her.

‘Shin, don’t make any appointment with your fans next week.’

I received her reply in 10 seconds. ‘Why? Do you want to ask me to go out with you?’

‘Aigo. I don’t know that you want me to ask you out.’

From where I sit I can see Shin clearly. She shook her head a bit and tapped her forehead. ‘Okay. Whatever, forget what I said. So what do you want to say?’

‘I’ll tell you later. Now finish your food if you don’t want to look like a skeleton.’

I look at her and as expected, she turned her head after reading the text and while still looking at me, she ped her handbag and put her phone inside; telling me that she doesn’t want to continue our conversation anymore.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

December 31st 2012.

SJM is going to have a morning flight to Nanjing, but I feel like giving Shin some support before her showcase. Plus, I would like to apologize for being annoying yesterday…

“Is everyone ready? Our van will be coming in 20 minutes.” Manager hyung said.

“Hyung, wait for me in the airport, I’ll be going by myself.” I said while putting my shoes on.

“Yah! Yah! Neo eodiga*?!” I heard manager hyung’s voice shouting before I closed the dorm’s door.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SHIN MIN JUNG’S POV

We will have a press-conference at 2PM in the afternoon. Showcase starts at 6PM but of course all the dancers and staffs are already busy since the morning.

The male dancers were listening to seonsaengnim’s instructions and reminders on the stage, while the female dancers are sitting together and having a chit-chat in the make-up room in the backstage.

“So, sunbaenim, who are you dating right now?” Jung Hee asked.

Geez, this girl is probably addicted to my love life. ‘No one.’ I simply answered.

“Jinjjayo? But you seem to be so close with Sungmin oppa… and Kyuhyun-ssi too.”

“Aniya, we are just good friends.” I said, not sure myself. Sungmin oppa is indeed a good friend, but Cho? He’s more like a friend-but-not-really-a-friend?

I was thinking about what to answer next if she ask a further question when I hear someone knocking on the door.

“Min Jung-ssi, there you are.”

Nah, Isn’t it…?

“Annyeonghaseyo. Super Junior’s Kyuhyun… imnida. Can… I borrow Min Jung-ssi for a while?” I can hear his panting voice. He didn’t get inside the make-up room, he just opened the door a bit and from our view we can only see his face and his neck.

Cho looked funny. I almost burst out laughing when I realized I have to pretend I am still annoyed. Wait, I am really annoyed, though, I don’t have to pretend.

I followed him and we walked outside the hall.

He handed me a bouquet of flower while catching his breath. “Here, for you.”

Baby’s breath flowers.

“Wait, wait. You are supposed to be in the airport right now. Donghae told me it’s a morning flight? And how do you get here? By run?” I looked at him; I can see sweats on his forehead.

“Listen, I don’t have much time. I have to go by now. I’m here to say sorry to annoy you yesterday. It was awkward not seeing you in a week and I don’t know what to say, so yeah… mianhaeyo.” He said.

“So, you mean, you just came here to-“ “Yeah.” He cutted in before I could finish my sentence. “Oh, good luck for your performance. See you!” He smiled and waved a bit before making quick steps towards the elevator.

“Ya! Cho! Wait!”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

*sunbaenimdeul = seniors. *seonsaengnim = teacher. seonsaengnim eottteohke arasseoyo = how did you (teacher) know? *geurigo = then. *Dong Wook sunbaenim johahani = You like Dong Wook sunbaenim? *neo eodiga = where are you going?