Touch

When destiny brings me back to you.
“Now, before you start cleaning the room, can you please prepare my lunch? I’m starving.” Kyuhyun-ssi said as he sits on the sofa.

Oh, the furniture are here already?

“Right.” I took off my coat and hang it on the hanger beside the door. “What do you want for lunch?”

“Hmmm, why don’t you give me a surprise? Let’s see your cooking skill.” Kyuhyun-ssi answered.

I nodded as I roll up my sleeves and walked to the kitchen.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

“Sandwiches? All you can cook are just sandwiches?”

“Well, there’s nothing in your cupboard and fridge. What can you expect?” I said simply.

“I’m sure there are eggs in the fridge. And…. some vegetables?”

“There’s only 1 egg and it’s broken. And I’m sure there are no vegetables.”

Kyuhyun-ssi mumbled some words that I can’t hear while he grabs the tv remote and starts to eat the sandwiches.

“Oh, the cleaning equipment is all there, in the cupboard near my bedroom.” Kyuhyun-ssi said, without me asking.

Aish. If it’s not me who makes his hand injured, I would have beaten him with the broom right now for making me work as dorm ahjumma. WHACK! Like that. And I’m gonna-

“I know I’m good looking but stop staring at me like that.” Kyuhyun-ssi said, and I realized that I was looking at him-even though I was thinking of hitting him in my mind.

AISHHHH.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I finished cleaning the apartment in an hour. I bet the ahjumma who usually cleans their dorm has cleaned the apartment before Kyuhyun moved in, because literally there’s nothing much to be cleaned.

I knocked at Kyuhyun-ssi’s bedroom. After finishing his lunch he has locked himself in the room and didn’t come out at all.

“I’m done with all the work, so I’m going home now. do you need me to come again later in the evening?”

Please say no, no…

“Nope, thanks.”

“Okay, then.” Yes! Thank you, God!

I grabbed my bag and wear my heels. I take my coat from the hanger and was thinking to go to the supermarket to buy some groceries for Kyuhyun-ssi when he called me.

“Shin.”

Mwo, Shin?

“Yibayo*. It’s inappropriate to call someone by their surname.” I said.

“ I know.” Kyuhyun-ssi replied. “But it’s all about culture, right? Henry told me that in the US they often call each other by their surnames.”

“We’re in South Korea, Kyuhyun-ssi.”

“Well…” Kyuhyun-ssi shrugged. “It’s too long to call you by ‘Min Jung-ssi’ so I decided to call you Shin. Shin~ it’s not inappropriate, though. You see, our fans sometimes call Shindong hyung by ‘Dong oppa’ so I think it’ll work if someone calls him ‘Shin oppa’.”

“And you think it’ll work for me?” Tsk. What is this guy talking about, seriously?

Kyuhyun-ssi nodded. “Of course. But I won’t call you ‘Shin eonni~’ ” he smirks.

Tsk. “Alright. It’s up to you, Cho.”

“Mwo? Cho?”

“Bye, Cho!” I smirked and left his apartment.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I drove straight to the company from Kyuhyun-ssi’s apartment. I mean, Cho’s apartment.

Aish. Not only evil, that guy is weird. How come he called someone by their surname? Nonsense.

Anyway, I’m going to the company now so I’d better focus on my work. Tsk. That guy could really drive me crazy sometimes.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Bzzzzt. My phone vibrates.

With my eyes closed I try to grab my phone on the table beside my bed.

It’s a text message. From Cho.

‘Can you come over? I’m hungry.’

I put my phone back on the table without going back to the home screen or even lock the phone.

The truth is, I’m feeling not well.

I feel tired.

It’s 7:40 PM and I didn’t had my dinner yet, because I’m too weak to get off my bed.

I massage my forehead and was trying to sleep when my phone vibrates. Again.

I scroll the screen a bit and see a new text message in.

‘I’m really hungry. The members are not here yet. Can you please come over?’

Oooh, Kyuhyun-ssi. If I’m not sick I will be there by any time now.

I was thinking of turning off my phone when I received a text message again.

‘You better come now.’

Aish.

I get up and walked towards the toilet with my remaining strength. I changed my clothes and without looking at the mirror to check how do I look now, I grab my bag and put my phone and purse inside.

I have taken my pills before I went to bed this evening, but since I’m going to Kyuhyun-ssi’s apartment I’d better take some again.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

CHO KYUHYUN’S POV

Where’s Shin?

Ooooh, I’m starving! I’m not that mean to ask a woman to come over at night if I’m not in an emergency situation like this.

I tried not to call her in last 2 hours and I’ve been thinking of going outside to eat, but if I do so, the reporters will spot me. And I’ll be in trouble because so far, no one knows about my injury other than our members and manager hyungs.

So in the end, I decided to sent her a text message.

The bell rang right when I wondered whether Shin will come or not.

I was expecting an annoyed face of hers, and I prepared some words to say if she is going to nags me but when I open the door….

“Shin, are you sick?” was all I could say.

She looks so pale, and the dark circles around her eyes are obvious.

I felt sorry for asking her to come over now. “Are you…. Okay?”

She nodded. “Now will you let me in? It’s cold.”

“Ooh.” I step backward to let her in and close the door.

“Wait.” I walked faster and stand in front of her. “Are you sick? Or feeling not well?” I asked again.

“Nothing, really.” She tried to smile, but it still can’t cover her pale face.

Shin was about to say something again when I put my left hand on her forehead. “Not hot. You’re not having a fever.”

“Well, I’m fine.” She shrugged awkwardly. “I told ya.”

“Oh? your cheeks are pink-ish now? Do you feel better?”

She nodded. “Well, maybe... I feel better now.” She added quickly as she walked towards the kitchen while carrying a small, white plastic bag. Oh? Did she bring something to eat? I even forgot that there’s nothing can be cooked here.

I followed her behind with a slight feeling of guilt. Ah, I shouldn’t have called her to come over. But she didn’t tell me if she’s sick, though.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SHIN MIN JUNG’S POV

“Wait.” Kyuhyun-ssi stands in front of me. “Are you sick? Or feeling not well?” He asked. His face looks… worry? Or guilty?

“Nothing, really.” I smiled a bit.

Kyuhyun-ssi looked at me, not saying anything. I was about to say something again to convince him when he suddenly put his left hand-that’s not injured-on my forehead.

Deg!

What’s this…

My heart beats so fast- too fast and loud- that I’m afraid this guy could hear the beats. Oh, this is not good.

“Not hot. You’re not having a fever.” He said, lowering his hand from my forehead.

Ooooh, my cheeks are definitely reddened like a boiled crab now. Aish.

“Well, I’m fine.” I shrugged awkwardly.

“Oh? your cheeks are pink-ish now? Do you feel better?” See? Ugh.

I nodded, not knowing what to say.

I don’t want him to misunderstand me, so I added quickly, “Well, maybe... I feel better now.” and I walked faster towards the kitchen while carrying a small plastic of vegetables I took from my apartment.

I didn’t realize he was following me earlier, until he stopped me from washing the radishes and say, “Shin, forget it. You can go home now.”

“Why?” I asked, without looking at him. “You said you were starving.”

“Well, I was.” He closed the water tap and stood beside me. “But not anymore.”

Right at that moment, a protest sound was heard from his stomach as if it is disagreeing with what Kyuhyun-ssi just said.

He looked embarrassed, but he obviously tried not to show it and said, “Go home, Shin.”

I tried not to laugh and replied, “You know, actually I haven’t had my dinner yet.”

“Oh, really?”

“Mmmm. So because we are both hungry right now, what about letting me cook so that both of us can have our dinner?”

“Oh. Okay then.” He nodded. “You should eat before taking your medicine.”

“What… medicine?” I look at him. Did he know about-

“Medicine? Oh… aren’t you sick? You should take medicine to get better.”

“Ah.” Stupid. For a second I thought he was talking about my medicine. I mean, my pills.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

CHO KYUHYUN’S POV

Shin simply made a bowl of radish kimchi and a big bowl of bean sprouts soup for dinner. She said she doesn’t have a lot of groceries in her apartment either, so this is all she could make.

I didn’t have any objection, though, considering she went all the way to my apartment just to cook me dinner. Even though I hate vegetables a lot…

“Ah~ I’m so full. Maybe I’m feeling not well just now because I haven’t had my dinner yet.” Shin sighed happily.

Both of us were having dinner together in the living room while watching tv. To be exact, seeing tv? I turn the tv on for background sound because I thought it would be awkward between us, but then we talked a lot when we were having dinner-we talked about anything.

And once again, I fall into her charm. Like how I did during the Date The Idols times.

Fall into her charm doesn’t mean like I like her, in the ‘romance’ way, you know… just like, I find her interesting?

“Shin!” I called.

“Oh?” She turned her head, facing me.

I put my hand on her forehead once again. “It’s a bit warm.” I said. “Do you want to go home now? I’ll clean the dishes.”

Shin’s cheeks reddened once again, but I take it as a good sign since if it’s pale, then she must be sick. It’s better seeing her pink-ish cheeks like this.

But wait. Why… do I feel a strange beat in my heart? Like….

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SHIN MIN JUNG’S POV

“Shin!” He called.

“Oh?” I turned my head towards him.

Then, suddenly, without saying anything, he put his left hand on my forehead once again.

God.

His touch is definitely not good for my heart, since every time he touched me, my heart would beat so damn fast that it will probably damaged. Seriously.

Shin Min Jung, stay away from him.

Even your pills don’t work on your body anymore every time Cho Kyuhyun touches you.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

*Yibayo = hey.