Kyuhyun and Sungmin

When destiny brings me back to you.

“It's been a while. How are you, Min Jung-ah? Doing good?” Mrs. Lee asks as she takes some saengsun jun* and put in on my plate. “Try this.” She smiles. “Ne~ I'm good, ahjummeoni. Oh, kamsahamnida~” I said happily.

We are in Lee's family house, having dinner together. The foods are not too fancy, just simple korean main dish like bokkeum bap*, saengsun jun, kimchi jjigae*, and don katsu*, but I love it. I feel more comfortable having dinner like this than in fancy restaurant where you have to act so formal and stuff.

“Ahjummeoni, your cooking is the best!” I said, praising her. “Ah, geuraeyo? Then eat more, you look so thin.” She replied. “Ne~”

Mrs. Lee is such a friendly person. No wonder eomma and her get along well.

After dinner, Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee are having some talks, you know, that ahjussi-ahjumma typical talks, and it's kinda boring but I can't do anything.

“Min Jung-ah, are you bored? You can go and have a walk on the small park out there with Sungmin.” Mrs. Lee says. With the corner of my eye I can see Mrs. Lee is nudging Sungmin oppa who is sitting beside her. Aigo, Mrs. Lee is so cute, just like those ahjummas in the movie.

“Ah, Min Jung-ah, should we?” Sungmin oppa look at me and I nod.

 

Both of us are walking in the small park that is located near Lee's family house silently. It's around 8PM, sky is dark already and no one is here.

“Are you cold?” Sungmin oppa asks as we sit on the swings. “Aniyo, not really, oppa.” “Here.” Sungmin oppa take off his coat and put it around my body. “Gomawo, oppa. But how about you?” “Gwaenchanhayo. I'm okay.” He smiles and sit back on his swing.

“So how are you doing lately?” Sungmin oppa asks. I look at him who's swinging a bit his swing. “Good, how about you, oppa?” “Good too. Having lots of schedules is tiring but I love meeting new people.” He replies, looking happy. “Ah~” I nod.

“Anyway, Min Jung-ah. Do you want to watch a violin concert? With me?”

I glance at Sungmin oppa who's pulling out two tickets out of his pocket. “I heard from ahjummeoni that you can play violin well, so I assume you'll like to watch the concert too. Just think of it as your birthday gift. What do you think?” Sungmin oppa look at me with his eyes, full of aegyo. He really look like a cute little kid.

“Okay. When is it?” I said. It's been quite a long time since the last I went to such concerts, and I think it'll be fun if I can watch again.

“Next sunday, February 19th.” “Okay. Where are we going to meet?” “I'll pick you up at 6PM, so we can have dinner together. Deal?” “Deal!” We high-fived. I have the feeling that I'm going to get along really well with Sungmin oppa~

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FEBRUARY 19TH

It's Sunday! The 'Date The Idols' tv program with me and Kyuhyun-ssi is almost come to an end. Since each 'fan' only get to be the idol's 'girlfriend' for a month, which means 4 episodes - and I've filmed 2 episodes of it since last month - so I have only 2 episodes left!

I'm now quite okay with Kyuhyun-ssi, eventough sometimes it's still quite weird for me to talk to him (yeah, because that senior high love stuff).

Date The Idols crews are also quite friendly, though. 4 hours of filming is not so tiring because of them.

“3.... 2.... 1...... Action!” The director said.

I walk into the cafe where Kyuhyun-ssi has been waiting and we do formal greetings. “Min Jung-ssi, it's been 2 weeks since the last we met. How are you?” Kyuhyun-ssi starts the conversation after we ordered our drinks.

“Great. and you?” “Yeah, me too. And by the way, did you received my gift?” “Oh, I did! Kamsahaeyo~ and, happy belated birthday to you. I... didn't know it's your birthday.” I said honestly.

“Eh, you don't know?” I glance at Kyuhyun-ssi who looks slightly disappointed. “How did you found out?” He asks.

“Don't wanna tell you~ oh, and I've got something to give you.” I said as I take out a small box from my bag. “Please don't laugh, because I don't know what to give. This is your birthday present.” I put the small box on the table and push it towards Kyuhyun-ssi.

“Oh, what is inside?” Kyuhyun pick up the box and shook it. “Can I open it now?”

“No, no, wait.” I bite my lower lip. “It's just......can you open it later?” “Waeyo? Did you put something weird inside?” Kyuhyun-ssi gives me a sarcastic look.

“Aniyo.” I shook my head. He was gonna open the box but luckily the waitress come and serves our drinks so he didn't open it.

“Wait, wait.” I stop him from opening the box. “Waeyo? I'm so curious. You must be putting something weird inside.” “Aniyo, promise me that you won't laugh after seeing what is inside. You may not.” I said, finally.

“I promise.” Kyuhyun-ssi made the V sign. “Can I open it now?” “Yeah.” I covered my face with my both hands.

“Mwo ya?! Hahahahaha~ aigo, Min Jung-ssi~” “I told you, right. Anyway, you promised me that you won't laugh!” I said, still covering my face.

“Okay, I'm not laughing. You can show your face now.” Kyuhyun-ssi said. I can hear he's gonna laugh again from his voice tone.

But he is not laughing anymore, maybe this is not too embarrassing-well, I hope.

“Congratulations! You just received 3 wishes voucher from Shin Min Jung. You can ask anything you want, as long as it makes sense and it's not prohibited by law. Sowoneul malhaebwa*~” Kyuhyun-ssi reads the paper I gave him and show it to the camera.

I bite my lower lip again. Oh, this sounds so childish. I shouldn't wrote the word “congratulations” before! Aish.

“It's so cute, you know. I'll cherish this and will be really thinking of what should I ask from you. Kamsahamnida!” Kyuhyun-ssi grins and put the box aside.

“So where do you want to go today?” Kyuhyun-ssi takes a sip of his coffee.

“Hmmm, how about book shop?” I suggest. “Eh? I don't really like to read, I only read novels sometimes.” Kyuhyun-ssi answers honestly. “Then what do you like?” “Game. But I love watching too, should we go to the dvd shop instead?” “How about going to book shop first, then dvd shop? I'll buy you some books and you can recommend me some good movies.” “Deal! Let's go~”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BOOK SHOP

“What kind of book do you usually read, Min Jung-ssi?” Kyuhyun-ssi asks as we walk around the book shop to search for good books.

“I basically read all genres of books, but I like history genre the most.” I replied. “Oh? I like watching movie that has historical background too. Such a coincidence.” He said.

“Ah, this! 'A History of Korea: From Antiquity to the Present' by Michael J. Seth, it's so thick, though, around 500 pages but it's one of the most popular korean history book, you should read.” I said happily, handing him the book.

“Whoa, so thick. But I'll try read whenever I've got time.” Kyuhyun-ssi said, looking at the book. “Right. Make sure you read it~” “Ne, gomapsumnida~”

We went to the cashier and pay. At first Kyuhyun-ssi insisted that he should be the one who pay since he is the man, I appreciate his good intentions to pay, that means he knows how to act like a gentleman, but at last I win the argument saying I should pay because I'm the one who recommend the book.

That book is not cheap, though, but I don't mind buying it for him because I love books, and I love it too when I can give someone books. Well, I'm not sure but since he said he likes history, I hope I can make him liking book too since this book is a history genre book.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DVD SHOP

“So, what kind of movie do you like to watch? Or what do you usually watch?” Kyuhyun-ssi asked me the same question I asked him just now in the book shop. “Hmmm~ I usually watch foreign movies, I don't watch korean movies much.” I replied. “Ah, just like Donghae-ssi~” Kyuhyun-ssi nodded.

“Oh, found it! I thought the dvd shops nowadays didn't sell it anymore.” Kyuhyun-ssi said, looking at the cover of a dvd. “What movie is this?” I said, looking at the cover too. There's a man with red soldier uniform holding an arrow.

“Jumong. It's a historical drama, originally aired in 2006. You should watch this.” Kyuhyun-ssi said, looking really enthusiastic.

We went to the cashier and Kyuhyun pays for the dvd. After that, we go to the restaurant near the shop and have lunch. Shooting ended here today, another 1 episode to go next week.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I took a bath and get ready, waiting for Sungmin-ssi to pick me up. I feel a little weak, I don't know why. I did eat my pills regularly, and I don't do something that makes me too tired, though.

“Min Jung-yah, Sungmin is here.” Eomma said, poking her head into my room. “Ne, eommoni. I'm going.” I said and walk out of the room. I was going to went down the stairs when eomma grabs my wrist, and I stop. “Have you taken your pills? You look a little bit pale. We should visit the doctor tomorrow.” Eomma said, looking at me carefully.

“I did. Don't worry. I'm going, eomma!” I kissed her cheek slightly and went down.

 

Me and Sungmin-ssi have our dinner at a sushi restaurant. We talk about our family, friends, and random things. I feel like we've been gotten closer, but I don't know. We went straight to the violin concert after that.

“Oh, Sungmin-ah! Wasseo?” Both of us turn towards the voice.

The one who's calling Sungmin oppa is a short haired, pretty woman. She looks cute, I bet her age is around Kyuhyun's. She has a beautiful round eyes and somehow her face just simply reminds me of someone...

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*saengsun jun = fish jun. It's like fish fried with an outer egg wrapper. It often served in restaurants with soy sauce.

*bokkeum bap = korean fried rice.

*kimchi jjigae = kimchi stew. It's like kimchi blended with other vegetables and meats. depends what you'd like to add, it could be pork, ham, sausage, or seafood.

*don katsu = pork katsu. It consists of pork (sirloin or pork chop) that is flour and egg battered. Then rolled in panko bread crumbs and fried. normally served with katsu sauce or bbq sauce.

*sowoneul malhaebwa = tell me your wish.