Sick

When destiny brings me back to you.
“We are going home now?” Cho asked as he glanced at me- I can see him glancing with the corner of my eye.

“Hmmm, to be exact, I’m driving you home. I gotta go to work.” I answered.

“Too bad…” Cho mumbled. “I’m in a good mood now, I was thinking to bring you somewhere.”

Well, the doctor said his hand is going to recover in around 10 days, so Cho must be really happy. He can’t stop smiling ear to ear since he got out from the doctor’s room.

“Where?”

“I’ll tell you later.” Cho smiled. “It’s a place that we both know so well.”

I frown, thinking. “I don’t remember we have a place that we often go together.” To be exact, we have never go out together if it’s not for the Date The Idols filming.

“You sure?” He smirked. “Let us see later.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hold this for me. I’m sure I put the key inside my bag.” I handed Cho my car’s key as I rummaged around my bag, searching for Cho’s apartment’s key.

I dropped him off in front of the building when he just realized that he doesn’t bring the key with him, and I was about to gave him the spare key that I have but then I couldn’t find it anywhere in the bag nor in the car so I parked the car and we’re both now standing beside the car in the parking lot, trying to find the key.

“Oooh, Shin. Don’t tell me you forgot to bring it?” Cho asked impatiently.

“Aniyo! I told you I bring it!” I insisted, but I started to doubt my own memory when I still can’t find the apartment’s key in my huge bag after some minutes.

“Maybe I should just sleep in the dorm tonight.” Cho sighed. “Yah, how about we going in to the apartment first? Reporters could spot us anytime soon here.”

“Aish! I told you I brought the key…” I touched jeans’ front pockets. “I am going to find it-ah! Chajatta*!”

“Oh, chajasseo*?”

“Chajasseo, chajasseo!” I felt a rush of relief. Babo, the apartment’s key was in my pocket. My jeans’ back pocket.

“Aigo, this girl.” Cho ruffled my hair. “How can you forgot things so easily?” He walked a step closer and grabbed the key.

“Yah! At least I found the key.” I replied. “Geureom, I’ll be going now.”

“Wait.” Cho said as he holds my arm to stop me. “You sure you want to go to work now?”

“Oh.” I nodded. “Waeyo?”

“Ani, I mean…” Cho let go of my arm and I have to calm myself for a second. Why do I even think that he let go of my arm too soon. Aish.

“Errr.” He ruffled his hair. “Don’t you want to stay? I mean I am going to Beijing tomorrow for SJM comeback press-conference, and I’ll be busy for several weeks ahead…”

“And?” I continued his sentence but one second later I seem to understand what’s on his mind.

“I don’t know, maybe… maybe...…hmm, well, just forget it.” He shrugged. “Forget it, I don’t even know what I was saying.”

I nodded, not knowing how or what to response.

“Chukkaetda, neo*.” He said, after a minute of silence. “Since I’ll be busy with schedules, I might not come home for several days. You don’t need to clean up, cook, and everything.”

Finally a free time for myself. I supposed to be happy hearing that, but my feelings seem to be a little weird.

“Yeah.” I cleared my throat. “I finally can have more time to focus on my ballet, also on my company.”

Cho smiled a bit. “If you miss me, you can just look up for my name in the internet anytime. Fans are expert in the live updates thingy.”

I rolled my eyes. “Miss you? You wish, Kyuhyun-ssi.”

“Geurae? So you are not going to miss me? Ah… it’s not fair.” Cho put his hand on his chest and made a hurt expression. “I’m already thinking of what will I do if I miss you, even though I’m now still here, standing beside you.”

I freezed, once again not knowing what to stay. My heart is even worse, beating so fast and loud. Babo, why am I like this again…

“I was just kidding.” Cho laughed a bit. “Your reaction is so cute. Why are you freezing like that?” He lowered his body and look at me in the eyes.

I avoid his gaze. “I am not freezing.” I turned my body around, and say “I should go now. Cho, go to your apartment.”

“Right.” Cho nodded.

“You can go inside now, you don’t need to wait-” “Well, Shin. Before you ask me to go, don’t you think you forget something?” Cho cut off.

“What is it?” I turned my head to see him.

Cho wiggled the key in his hand and I realized that it’s my car’s key.

“Ah, matda.” I grinned. “Gomawo~” I grabbed the key from his hand and pressed the button to unlock the car.

“Aigo…” Cho opened the car’s door and let me get inside the car. I the engine and lowered the car’s window.

“Your memory is really good, sajangnim.” He quipped.

“Yah! I’m not always forgetful, you know.” I replied.

“I will not argue with you about that.” He said. “Drive carefully.”

“Arasseo.”

He lowered his body, holding onto the car’s door. “Take good care of yourself. However, I think we probably will not meet in a week or two…”

“Cho, you talked as if you are going for a very long time.”

“I know right...” He sighed. “Text or call me anytime when something happened to you.”

“Arasseo.”

“Right… Shin, you should go now.”

“Mmm. Annyeong.”

“Annyeong.”

I drive the car out of the parking lot. I glanced at Cho through the front mirror before I left the building and see Cho standing still, looking at my car. I wonder what goes through his mind…

______________________________________________________________________________________________

“Eommoni, Dong Wook-ssi should arrive here in some minutes. You can go home, Dong Wook-ssi and I will take care of Min Jung.” In a semi-concious state I heard a voice, is it Yoon Hee’s?

“Gwaenchanayo, I will stay here until she awakes.”

I opened my eyes. My head feels heavy, and my body feels weak. The first thing that I noticed is white. Everything's white. I try to tilt my head to the left, and I realized I’m not in my room. Nah, then why am I sleeping here?

“Eommoni, look! Min Jung is awake!” Now I am sure it’s Yoon Hee’s. “Min Jung-ah, how do you feel?”

I turned my head towards Yoon Hee who is standing right beside the bed. Eomma is here too, holding my hand.

“I am okay… I guess.” I cleared my throat. “What happen-“ Then I realized what happened. We had a meeting this afternoon, and because I’ve been absent from the company for some time I need to re-read and understand all the data so I have been working in my room for some hours. That’s when I started to feel pain in my chest, but I ignored it and…

I remembered I collapsed in the meeting room just before the meeting started.

“Min Jung-ah, I am really worried. Eommoni told me that you ran out of your pills. Then why don’t you go to the doctor? Aish, I thought something happened because you’ve been sleeping for 6 hours now.” Yoon Hee’s voice is a trembled and I can see tears in her eyes when I looked at her.

“I am sorry I made you guys worried.” I cleared my throat. ”I will go to the doctor regularly from now on.” I pat her hand to calm her. “I promise.” I look at eomma and she gave me a weak smile.

“ Ahjummeoni, is Min Jung awake?” I heard footsteps sound as Yoon Hee glanced backwards and moves a little bit to give a way.

“Oppa, annyeong.” I greeted.

“Aish, you shocked everyone and made us worried, and now you can still smile like this. Jinjja…” Dong Wook oppa sighed. “Yoon Hee-ssi, have you called the doctor?”

“Ne, I pressed the button, though.”

Dr. Bryan and two nurses came in a minute later to give me a check. Dr. Bryan give us the information we needed, and after that he left and ask me to have a rest.

“Everyone, you can leave now. Dr. Bryan said I need to have a rest, remember?” I made myself comfortable and pull my blanket up.

“I’ll stay. I brought my things here.” Yoon Hee replied quickly. “Eommoni, you should go home and take a rest.”

“I went home for a while to take a bath just now.” Dong Wook oppa said. “And I brought my things too. Yoon Hee-ssi, you can just go home and accompany ahjummeoni.”

After some minutes of debating, we all decided that Dong Wook oppa will be the one to stay, while Yoon Hee and eomma will go home and come back in the morning tomorrow.

“I’m glad you succeed in convincing eomma. She is so stubborn.” Dong Wook oppa helped me to adjust my pillow so that I can sit comfortably leaning on the pillows.

It’s 9PM, but I don’t want to sleep yet so I asked Dong Wook oppa to chat with me.

“Stubborn just like you.” Dong Wook oppa said as he grabbed an apple and a bottle of mineral water from the table.

“Didn’t ahjummeoni told you not to be so busy everyday? You need to go to work, have ballet practice, and help Kyuhyun-ssi.” He walked towards the bathroom and stands right in front of it. He washed the apple and walked back to the table.

“Oppa, you nag like a real oppa.” I commented.

“I’m your oppa, that’s why you called me oppa.” He sat next to the bed and start peeling the apple. “I know I sound talkative, but it’s-“ “It’s for my own good, I know.” I smiled.

He continued peeling the apple and glanced at me. “But why you keep going to Kyuhyun-ssi’s place? His hand is not recovered yet?”

“Oh.”

“Jinjja? You sure it’s not because he likes you and wants to make you to stay with him longer?” I found his voice sarcastic.

“Aniya.”

“Jeongmalyo? Hmm…” He tilted his head a bit. “Maybe I should meet that guy later and his intention.”

“Tsk, oppa! Hajima~”

“Wae? You like that guy too?

“Aniyo!”

“Well, that’s what oppas do. Interrogate any guy who approached his dongsaeng, an geurae*?” He said as put the apple skin into a small plastic and start slicing the apple.

I decided not to answer him and turned the conversation. “Oppa, don’t talk about me. Lets talk about you.”

“Geurae. What do you want to know?”

“Hmmm… let me think… Ah, you have been in Korea for some months already now. Didn’t you meet a lot of girls?”

“Oh, I did.”

“Hmm, so is there someone among them that you’re interested to?”

“Ani.”

“Wae?”

“Why should I? I have you.”

“I’m a dongsaeng.”

“Who says? I always see you as a woman. You are the one who always see me as an oppa.” His reply made me speechless. I supposed not to ask him this question, duh.

“Why are you so surprised? This is not the first time I confessed to you, though.”

Well, it’s not the first time, it’s the problem. I don’t know he is still waiting…

“Here, eat your apples.” Dong Wook oppa grabbed my hand and handed me a bowl of apples and a fork. “ I cut it into small pieces, so it’ll be easier for you to eat.”

“Oh, gomawo.” I said. Oppa is so attentive…

“You are just getting it now?” He asked with a smirk on his face.

Ah, did I just voiced my thought?

“Oppa, you are a good person.” I said.

“I know…” He replied confidently.

“And I know a lot of girls out there will be dying just to get you. Maybe you should stop-“ “Wow, wow. I know where this conversation is heading to.” He cut off right at the time. “I don’t want to talk about this, so just finish your apples and talk about anything else.”

“Well… Okay. I’m sorry.”

None of us spoke for a few minutes, and there’s an awkward silence in the room.

Then, my phone vibrates right at the time I was about to speak. I grabbed my phone from the table and click the message symbol.

‘Shin… are you asleep? In case you are still having insomnia when I’m not in Korea, you can sleep in my apartment, maybe it helps?’ from Cho.

I remember I told Dr. Bryan about my imsomnia, and he told me he has given me a sleeping pill for tonight. ‘Thank you for the offer, but I think I will sleep really well for these several nights.’

Another message came in a minute later. ‘Alright. I don’t want to see you looking like a zombie when I return… so make sure you sleep well. Jaljayo*’

I smiled. So many good people around me, and I just realize it when I’m sick. But hey, Cho Kyuhyun… a good person? No, no, no-

“Kyuhyun-ssi… does he know about this?” I heard Dong Wook oppa said.

I turned off my phone and put it back on the table. “No, he doesn’t.”

“Ani, what I mean is about your-” “Oppa, how do you know that?” Did eomma tell him?

“Mian, I just happened to heard it when Dr. Bryan talked about it with ahjummeoni. I don’t mean to eavesdropped.”

I sighed. “No, Kyuhyun-ssi doesn’t know anything. Only eomma, Yoon Hee, and you, oppa who know about this.”

“Why don’t you tell him?”

“I don’t see any reason to tell him.”

“Alright, I understand.” He nodded. “Now, it’s almost 9:30, I think you should go to sleep?”

“Oppa, where will you sleep?”

“I’ll just sleep on the sofa.” He turned off all the lamps and leaving one lamp beside the bed on.

“It’s not comfortable. You can just go home, I will sleep now, anyway.”

“I told ahjummeoni I will take care of you, how can I go home?” Dong Wook oppa gave me a listen-to-me look. “Now, sleep.” He pull the blanket up for me and pat my arm. “Jalja…”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

*Chajatta /chajasseo= found it. *Chukkaetda, neo = you must be happy/ it must be good for you. *An geurae = isn’t it? *Jaljayo = good night.