Pills

When destiny brings me back to you.

“Eomma, aniyo~ It’s not like what you are thinki-“ “Eommoni~!” Cho was trying to explain when Ryeowook oppa came.

“Eommoni~ Annyeonghaseyo!” Ryeowook oppa greeted. “We saw lots of foods inside several huge plastic bags in front of our dorm’s room, so the members thought it must be from you but we can’t see you anywhere I so I decided to go up.”

“Ah! Ne~ I asked some securities to help me bring those foods just now.” Cho’s mom smiled.

“Now let’s-Oh? Min Jung-ssi is here too? Annyeong!” Ryeowook oppa seems to just notice that I was here. I am standing behind Cho, so it’s understandable that he couldn’t see me.

“Annyeonghaseyo~” I greeted him back.

“Ryeowookie knows Min Jung-ssi too?” Cho’s mom looks surprised and gave us a suspicious look. “So it’s just me that doesn’t know about this?”

“About what?” Ryeowook oppa looks quite confused.

“Kyuhyunnie and Min Jung-ssi, aren’t they dating?” Cho’s mom simply concluded.

“Eh? It’s not like that.” Ryeowook oppa denied.

“See? Eomma, I told you.” Cho sighed.

“Ah~ I’m confused.” Cho’s mom shook her head. “Now let’s go down first and I’ll heat the foods for the members. I’ll just talk about this with Min Jung-ssi later… Ryeowook-ah, please help Kyuhyunnie with the plastic bags…” She said as she walked towards the lift.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SHIN MIN JUNG’S POV

“Eommoni~! Annyeonghaseyo~” “Thank you for the foods!” “It’s been a long time since you came, eommoni~” I can hear members’ warm greetings as soon as I stepped inside the Super Junior’s dorm.

“The members are heating the foods in the kitchen, I’ll help them.” Ryeowook oppa said. “Min Jung-ssi, you can wait in the living room. Do you want some water?”

“Aniyo, that’s okay. Do you need my help?” I offered.

“Aigo~ Let me heat the foods for you. You guys can leave the kitchen now or it’ll be a mess. Let woman do kitchen work.” I heard Cho’s mom hushed the members. “Eommoni, gomapsumnidaaa~”

“Oppa, I’ll go help Kyuhyun-ssi’s eommoni in the kitchen.” I said. Ryeowook oppa nodded, so I walked towards the kitchen to help.

“Imo, do you need me to help you with something?” I said as I walked inside the kitchen.

“Oh, Min Jung-ssi, sure. Please help me to heat the steamed fishes first.” Cho’s mom turned her head and replied gladly. “The apron is in the cupboard.”

I opened the cupboard, took a pink apron and was going to close it back when I heard “Eomma~ I’m going to help too.” Cho?

I closed the cupboard and see him standing beside the refrigerator behind me.

“No, adeul. Go rest in the living room or bedroom, I’ll call you guys later.” Cho’s mom answered without keeping his gaze away from the soup she is heating.

Cho took a step closer to me and whispered, “Shin, this is why I texted you not to come at this time. Because my mom is coming”

“You texted me?” I whispered back.

Cho nodded. “You didn’t receive it?”

I shook my head.

“Dwaesseo. You are already here, anyway…”

“Adeul~ you are not leaving yet?” Cho’s mom said as she lowered the gas heat and turned her back. “Wae? You’re afraid that I will interrogate her?” She smirked. I can see Cho’s face in hers.

“So you are going to interrogate her?” Cho asked her back.

“Tsk. Aniyo~ I won’t do that. You can go now, aigo~” Cho’s mom hit his son’s back lightly and pushed him outside the kitchen.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

“Why didn’t you tell me that Min Jung-ssi is the one who made your hand injured?” Cho’s mom asked.

We were all sitting in the dining table, having lunch together. I am sitting between Cho’s mom and Sungmin oppa, while Cho is sitting right in front of his eomma.

“Eh… I thought that’s not important.” Cho shrugged.

“Wae? You’re afraid that I am going to get angry with her or do something bad to her?” Cho’s mom looks at his son with a teasing gaze.

“Eomma, you are going to get angry with her or do something bad to her?” Cho asked his mom back.

“Tsk. Looks like someone being so protective here, right?” Cho’s mom said, and everyone knows that ‘someone’ that Cho’s mom referred to is Cho himself.

I glanced at Cho and he doesn’t answer anything. He pretends to be busy eating instead.

“Aigo~ this kid… arasseo~ I won’t ask you again. Eat slowly… you will burn your throat.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

After lunch, we played rock-paper-scissors, and the losers will have to wash the plates and clean the table. Long story short, Cho, Donghae, Yesung oppa and I lost. Yesung oppa then volunteered to clean the table and he asked Donghae to help him, so both Cho and I are now in the kitchen, washing and wiping the plates.

“You seem close to my eomma already.” Cho started the conversation.

I glanced at him, and saw him already looking at me. “Your eomma is so friendly, though. It’s not hard to be close to her.”

I heard him mumbling something, but it’s not clear so I asked, “What did you said?”

“Ah… it’s nothing.” Cho replied as he cleaned the plate that I washed. “So how’s the showcase yesterday?”

“It was daebak.” I smiled. Only talking about the showcase already make me happy. “Do you guys have schedules next week? Come and watch the concert.” I invited.

“I don’t know… I don’t really memorize our schedules.” Cho replied. “But I want to go. I’ll try to make time.”

“Okay. Tell me if you are coming. I’ll give you the tickets.”

“Okay then.” He nodded.

For some time, there’s none of us who talks so there’s only the sound of water and plates in the kitchen.

“I’m done!” I said as I took off my apron.

“You’re going to go now?” He asked.

“Go where?” I asked him back and right at that time I suddenly remembered that I have to fetched eomma! Didn’t I promise her that we’ll have lunch together? “What time is it now?”

“I’m not wearing any watch, so I don’t know.” Cho replied. “Wae? Do you have any appointment?”

“Oh~ I’ll be going no-“ “With whom? Dong Wook-ssi?” He asked again.

“Aniyo.” Why does this guy conclude everything so fast?

“Then who?”

“Nae eomma.” I replied quickly.

“Ah…” I seem to saw a glimpse of relief in his eyes…? Weird.

“Then I’ll be going now. Annyeong.” I greeted him goodbye.

Just when I was about to walk away, he said “wait!” suddenly and stopped me. “Eh, Shin. I just want to say… don’t forget to come to my apartment as usual tomorrow.”

“But I’m going to be busy because I need to practice for my ballet concert.” I crossed my arms.

“But my right hand is still injured! Do you expect me to make breakfast and clean up by myself?” He whined.

“Then live together with your hyungs. They will take care of you.” I replied.

“Hyungdeul are busy.” He made a reason.

“Then live with your family.”

“I can’t. My house is not close to SM and I need to stay with my members.” Another reason came.

I rolled my eyes. “Alright. But I can’t promise if I can come…” I shrugged and walked away, but then… “Argh!”

Eunhyuk oppa and Donghae are standing behind the wall, obviously eavesdropping our conversation. “Why are you guys standing here? It frightened me.” I glared at Donghae.

Donghae raised both of his hands. “Mian, it’s Eunhyuk’s idea.”

Eunhyuk oppa gave Donghae an annoyed glance, but he quickly put his gaze back to me and Cho. “Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! You are the worst. How come you can’t even express your feelings?”

I stole a glance at Cho and I see him raising his eyebrow. “What are you talking about, hyung?”

“Ya~ If you want to see Min Jung-ssi, tell her. Don’t use that injured hand as your reason, it’s so not cool.”

“Hyung, I don’t understand what are you talking about.” Cho simply replied and turned his back, the continue wiping the plate.

It feels awkward to be here now because of what Eunhyuk oppa said, so I tell them goodbye and also talked to Cho’s mom a bit before I left the dorm quickly…

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Next Day

CHO KYUHYUN’S POV

I was woken up by the smell of tea that gets inside my room. Ah, she must be here already.

I got up from my bed and walked into the bathroom. Then, with my half eyes closed, I brush my teeth and washed my face.

Feeling awake now, I open my room’s door to find her. Living room is right across my room and I don’t see her there, so I walked to the kitchen, and the smell of pancake welcomes me as I stepped in.

However, it’s not the pancake or the tea that catches my eyes. It’s Shin who is preparing breakfast.

I crossed my arms and leaned on the wall, eyeing her. I don’t know why but I feel so nice seeing her like this. In the morning, in my kitchen, making breakfast…

Eunhyuk hyung is true.

I want to see her. I like to feel her presence. But of course, I will never admit this in front of anyone, especially in front of her.

This feeling is weird, but I refused to think why.

Shin didn’t realize that I’m awake until she finally turned her back to take something from the cupboard. “Oh? Good morning.” She smiled.

I smiled back, and greet her good morning. “You came early today.” I said.

“Hmm.” She grabbed a medium sized bottle while asking, “do you like syrup for your pancake?”

I nodded, still in my position.

“Alright Cho… you woke up on time, let’s have breakfast now.” She smiled with two hands carrying two plates of pancakes.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Shin and I are sitting face to face on the dining table.

Due to Super Junior’s busy schedules, all the members, including me, rarely have proper breakfast. To tell you the truth, I actually thanked Shin for bumping into me last month… now at least I can live a normal life for quite some time…

I lift my cup and bring it closer to my nose. I sipped the tea, and the jasmine smell makes me feels refreshed. “It smells so nice.”

Shin sipped her tea. “It’s my favorite. I’m glad you like it too.”

She started to slice her pancake, and at that time I realized that her hand is so thin. So skinny. I looked at her face, and I found out that she must have lost some weight.

“Shin, you are getting thinner.” I said.

She looked at me, as if she’s asking how can I see it. Then she sighed, putting her knife beside her plate and touched her cheek slightly. “Is it obvious?”

“Are you sick?” I asked.

Shin shook her head. “Aniyo, I’m just too tired this week. You know, because of the ballet showcase, and also for the concert next week.”

“Then don’t join in the concert anymore.”

“I can’t. You don’t know how much it means to me.” Shin’s eye gaze looks sad for a while, but then she quickly blinked her eyes and continued her breakfast. “I’m okay, don’t worry.”

“Alright. But if something happens… or maybe you need something, you can contact me anytime.” I finally said. “We are friends, after all.”

“Geurae.”

I feel like she is hiding something, but if she doesn’t bother to tell me then I can’t do anything about it.

“Cho, why are you looking at me like that? Eat your breakfast. I already finished mine.” Shin pointed at her plate with her fork.

“Arasseo.” I started to eat. “Are you going to leave now?”

“Ani, I’ll leave after cleaning up the apartment.” She replied as she took out a small clear plastic with some pills inside from her pocket.

I frowned… isn’t it the same pill that I found several months ago in Sungmin’s car*? I still remember exactly how it looked like since I keep that pill in the cupboard in my room.

So it’s Shin’s? But how come it was in Sungmin’s car?

“Why are you taking pills?” I asked.

“Ah… this one. It’s for my heart's health.” She folded the small plastic and put it back into her pocket.

“Wae? What's wrong with your heart?” I asked again.

“Aniyo.” She replied quickly. “It’s just… because I’m a dancer… the doctor said I should take these pills to take care of my heart. It’s like a vitamin.”

“Ah…” I nodded. I don’t ask her any further, but I feel quite confused about the pills. As what I know, Sungmin never took any pills for heart’s health… But why I found this pill in his car?

I sliced my last piece of pancake and eat it, as I remind myself to ask Sungmin about this later.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

*In Chapter 20s-30s, Kyuhyun found a pill under Sungmin’s car seat. (You may forget because the chapters are a lot, so please kindly re-read if you feel like you have forgotten a lot of part in the fic. Sorry for the lack of updates!)