Weeks

When destiny brings me back to you.

NEXT DAY

SHIN MIN JUNG’S POV

I was rummaging around my bag, finding for my pills.

Silly me. I supposed to have a check-up every 2 months, but I haven’t see doctor Bryan for some months already, and now I’m running out of my pills…

“Min Jung-ah, ready to go?” Eomma called from the kitchen. “Here, I made you sandwiches.”

“Ah, eomma. I got to see Kyuhyun-ssi first, so I’ll be driving by myself today.” I replied as I walked down the stairs.

“You sure you can? Your face looks a little bit pale. Maybe you don’t need to go the company today.”

“Na gwaenchanhayo. I just didn’t take my pills yet.” I smiled to calm her down. Eomma worries about me a lot, all the time.

“Why didn’t you take your pills, then?”

“No more pills… I’ll go to see Dr. Bryan later.” I said before eomma nagged because I don’t have my pills with me.

“But anyway, Kyuhyun-ssi? Is his hand not recovered yet?” Eomma frowned. “I thought you told me it’s not that bad?”

“Yeah it isn’t, it’s just that it needs some more time until it’s totally recovered.” I shrugged.

Eomma looked at me, then with a mischievous smile she asked, “you sure it’s not because you want to spend more time with him?”

I rolled my eyes. “It’s not like that, really.”

“Jinjja? Thinking about it now, you spend more time with him than with Sungmin-ssi… are you sure you don’t feel anything?”

“Feel what?” As soon as I asked her back, my mind suddenly betrays me and made me think of words like, Nervous? Glad? Comfortable?

Tsk. Babo. What’s wrong with you, Shin Min Jung?!

“See, see~ you’re even daydreaming as soon as I asked you about Kyuhyun-ssi.”

“It’s not like that.” I looked around, trying to find the right words to answer. “We are just, you know, good friends?” I finally said, not sure myself.

“Are you confused with your own feelings?”

I hesitated for some time, but then I nodded.

“Geurae. It’s okay to be confused. Feelings need time... What will happen, will happen. Just go with the flow.” Eomma said out some quotes that I haven’t heard from her for a long time. “But anyway, Min Jung-ah, I’m quite worried. It’s quite far to drive from here to Kyuhyun-ssi’s dorm, plus you need to go to the company too. Is it okay?”

“I’m completely fine.” I convinced her.

“Hmmm… should we just move to an apartment in the city?” Eomma tilted her head to the right a bit, thinking.

“But eomma, you don’t like living in the city. You said it’s so crowded and noisy.”

“I still think so. But you need to go to Kyuhyun-ssi’s dorm everyday, and you drive by your own… I’m really worried. Do you know approximately how much time does he need to recover?”

“I think his hand his quite okay now… maybe, two weeks?”

“Right.” Eomma nodded.

“Two more weeks…” I slipped my hand through eomma’s arm. “And I’ll be doing my routines like usual. I’ll go to the company with you together everyday, so stop worrying.” I said.

As I walked to the garage to take my car, I think how all this thing, all these feelings, will end in two weeks.

Two weeks.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

CHO KYUHYUN’S POV

“Here, sandwiches.” Shin handed me a lunch box.

I received it. “Don’t you usually make breakfast here?” I opened the lunch box and see 2 egg sandwiches inside.

“Hmmm. But this one is not prepared by me, nae eomma did.” Shin put her bag on the sofa and hang her coat on the hanger.

“Woah, tell her I say thank you.” I replied. “But why…?”

“Ah, that’s my breakfast actually. But I don’t have any appetite.” Shin shrugged off. “By the way, I’ll start cleaning up now.” She got up and was gonna walk away but I grabbed her hand quickly to stop her.

“Skipping breakfast is not good, I learnt it from you.” I said. “At least try to eat a little bit.”

Shin sighed, and sits beside me.

“Here, have a bite.” I take one sandwich from the lunch box and offered it to her. Right at that time I just got to look at her face properly, and I noticed that she looked so tired, pale, and thin.

“Is there something wrong?” Shin lifted her hand and touched her cheeks, as what she always do if someone stares at her.

“You looked tired. You don’t have enough sleep?”

“I can’t sleep.” Shin sighed. She took the sandwich from my hand and starts eating it.

“Why?”

“Insomnia.” She replied and took another bite.

I got up from my seat and walked towards the dispenser to get Shin water. “How long have you had insomnia?”

Shin doesn’t reply until I come back. “It’s been like this for some months…”

“Have you go to the doctor?” I handed her a glass of water and she mumbled thanks. “I did.”

“Then what did the doctor said?”

Shin looked like she’s thinking for a second, then she answered, “He said… well, it’s just a normal insomnia that lots of people are experiencing, due to stress…”

“The doctor didn’t give you any medicine?”

“Well, he did…”

”It didn't work?”

Shin shook her head quietly.

“But last time… several months ago… when you cooked dinner for me, and after that I played Super Junior CD for you to listen… you fell asleep so fast. And you slept so tight I even hesitate whether I should wake you up or not.*”

“But you woke me up, anyway.” Shin said.

“Because I can’t let you sleep in a man’s apartment… what will people think of me? Moreover, we are not that close yet.”

“So you’re saying that we’re close now?” Shin raised her eyebrow.

“Back to topic.” I finally said, noticing that she was about to turned the conversation. “So… what are you planning to do with your insomnia?”

“Nothing.” She simply replied. “I’m already used to it, anyway.”

“Shin, you can’t use to it.” I rolled my eyes. This woman can be really stubborn sometimes. “Well, on second thought, maybe you can sleep in my apartment, if it helps you to sleep.”

“Shireo! Your fans will burn me alive.”

“Ya! They’re not that scary, you know…” I argued. “But really, how many hours do you sleep yesterday?”

“Around three hours.”

“Three?” I asked in disbelief. “Do you want to try to sleep now?”

“No, thanks.” She shook her head. “Off topic, do you need me to do something for you today?”

“Nope. You don’t need to clean the apartment today.” I replied.

She quipped, “Really? I thought my status here is an apartment cleaner?”

“Shin… You know I don’t consider you as my apartment cleaner.” A glimpse of guilty feeling sneaks into my heart. Cho Kyuhyun, you are so mean. Why did you call her an apartment cleaner in the first place?

“I know, I was just kidding.” She laughed. “So, can I leave now?”

“Why? Where are you going?”

“Well…. I need to go to work. And I have ballet practice in the eve-” “If I ask you to stay here longer, will you? I cut off.

“Well… yeah, if you want me to do something for you, then-“ “Good. Let’s go to the hospital.” I cut off once again.

“Hospital? Why?”

“I need to go to the doctor. To check my hand.” I replied. And to let you stay longer with me… Because I’m worried about what will happen to you when I’m not with you.

I got up and stride towards the bedroom to take my coat and wallet. “Oh, and one more thing, Shin…”

“Hmm?” I heard her voice.

“Finish your breakfast if you don’t want to look like a walking skeleton.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SHIN MIN JUNG’S POV

Even though I already lost count of how many times I’ve been to a hospital, I still hate going to one.

The smell, the white plain colour, the monotone sound that comes out from the monitor, sick patients everywhere…

“Shin…” I feel Cho’s hand on my shoulder. “Are you okay?”

“Hmm.” I nodded.

“You don’t have hospital phobia, right?” He looked... worried?

“Nah, I just hate going to the hospital.”

“No one likes to be here.” Cho said. He looked left and right, and asked, “Where is the vending machine?”

“Walk straight to the canteen. There are two vending machines inside.” I replied.

“How did you know?”

“Well, I just know… Eh, don’t you want to buy some drinks? Go now. “ I turned the conversation before he asks anything further.

“Alright, you wait here.” I nodded and he left.

I looked at my watch, 8:41AM. Still to early to be in a hospital, huh?

“Min Jung-ssi?” I lifted my head hearing the familiar husky voice.

“Dr. Bryan?” I got up and bowed a bit. “Annyeonghaseyo~ how have you been?”

“I’m good…” He smiled. “Oh, and why are you here?”

“I’m accompanying a friend.” I said.

“Ah…” He nodded. “Anyway, how’s your heart? Everything’s good?”

“Yeah.” I smiled. “Ah, talking about it, I need to buy some pills. There’s no more stock at home.”

“Which one? Daily pills?”

“Ne, that one.”

“Alright. How about the blue-brown pills? I’m sure you still have those at home?”

“Ah, I think I should buy that one too. There’s only half a bottle left.”

“Oh? Do you recently have some symptoms?” He frowned. “I think you need to get some check-ups.”

“I’ll come again tonight.” I said. “Because my friend is here, and if I get check-up now, he’ll be asking…”

“I understand…. Then, I’ll be going now. See you, Min Jung-ssi.”

I sit back and just remembered that Cho hasn’t come back yet. “Why does it take so long for him to go to the canteen and come back…”

“I’m here.” Cho suddenly appeared and offered me a cup of hot chocolate.

“Oh? Gomawo.” I held the cup with both hands and feel the warmth spreading to my entire body.

”But why did you bought hot chocolate from the canteen? I thought you're going to bought cola or coffee from the vending machine?”

“Tsk. This girl, you really want to know everything.”

”Mwo? You called me 'this girl'?”

“I was about to buy drinks from the vending machine, but it only sell soft drinks and coffee. It's still morning and both of us don't like coffee, so I decided to buy hot chocolate from the canteen.” Cho explained.

I was silent for some seconds. “Hmm... I didn't know you're that thoughtful.”

Cho ignored what I said and asked, “By the way… I saw you talking with a doctor. Who is he?”

“Oh?” Did Cho heard what were Dr. Bryan and I talking about? “Nothing, he’s just…. Eh… a doctor that I know.”

“I see…”

A nurse come out from the doctor’s room and called, “Cho Kyuhyun-ssi?”

“It’s my turn.” Cho got up again. “I’m sorry, but you have to wait again.”

“It’s okay.” Since when Cho became so polite?

“I’ll be right back.” Cho said and give me a quick smile before walking into the doctor’s room.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

*Min Jung listened to 'Bittersweet' in Kyuhyun's apartment and fell asleep. This was in Chapter 42.