Date

When destiny brings me back to you.

“Ahjussi! It’s me, Min Jung-ie!” I lowered the car’s window and greeted the man in the security post.

“Oh, agassi! It’s been a long time since I see you~” Mr.Kim, my family’s driver come out and greeted me happily. He gestured to the two securities inside the security post to open the house’s gate.

“Ne~ Ahjussi, jaljinaeseoyo*?” I smiled.

“Jaljinaetji*~ Agassi, jaljinaetjyo*? Are you coming here with your boyfriend?”

I stole at glance at Cho to see his expression, but he seems like he didn’t hear what Mr.Kim said. “Aniyeyo, namja chingu museun*… Geunyang chingu-eyo*.” I replied.

Cho parked his car inside the house, right beside Donghae’s car.

I get out of the car first and asked Mr.Kim, “Eomma is here, right?”

“Ne.” He nodded.

“Oh, geuraeyo. Sugohaesseoyo*, ahjussi.” I bowed a bit.

Right at that time, Cho approached us with two hands busy holding parcel and grocery bag. He bowed and introduced himself to Mr.Kim.

Mr.Kim wanted to help him with the parcel and grocery but Cho softly reject saying he is okay.

“Tsk.” I walked towards him and grabbed the grocery bag from his hand. “Kaja~”

“I can do it myse-“ “Aish, kaja~” I linked our arms together and dragged him inside.

I took off my shoes and put it on the shoe rack. I can see eomma, Yoon Hee and Donghae sitting face to face in the living room already.

“Eomma!” I called out, excitedly ran towards her. I put the grocery bag on the table and hugged her tight. “Aigoo~ nae dal*.” Eomma gave me a warm hug and patted my back repeatedly.

“Min Jung-ah, jaljinaeseo?” Eomma asked, still hugging me.

“Geureom~ Jaljinaetji~ Eomma neun?” I pulled away, looking at her in the eyes. “Eomma, you look so tired.”

“Eomma jaljinaeseo~” She patted my arms, assuring me.

“Yah! Nae chingu, Min Jung-ah!”Yoon Hee who’s sitting beside eomma puts on a sulky face. “How about me?” She is holding a pack of potato chips and her other hand keep on stuffing chips into .

“Aigoo~ aigoo~” I hugged her tight, really really tight. “I really miss you~”

Yoon Hee hit my arm. “Yah! Yah!” She coughed. “I can’t breathe-“

“Annyeonghaseyo, ahjummeoni.” I heard Cho’s voice, which makes me let go of my hug and turned towards him.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo. Kyuhyun-ssi is here too?” I noticed eomma’s face has turned bright. “Take a seat.”

“Eommoni~ You look really happy to see Kyuhyun’s here. Your expression was not like that when I came.” Donghae whined like a kid.

Eomma laughed, and she choose to talk to Cho instead of replying Donghae. “Kyuhyun-ssi, thank you for taking care of Min Jung. It must be really hard on you.” Eomma puts on a pitiful face and patted him on the back.

“Ah, eomma~ why are you saying like that~”

“Ah, ahjummeoni. So you know that I am having a hard time too.” He took eomma’s joke well and played along.

“Yah! Since when I am giving you a hard time~ Eomma, wae?”

“She can be really stubborn sometimes. It’s frustrating, right?” Eomma keep on teasing me.

“But Kyuhyun’s okay with that. He’s happy being with her even though she gives him a hard time.” Donghae butts in. “I think Kyuhyunnie likes-“ Yoon Hee stuffed his mouth with potato chips at the right time.

“Kyuhyun-ssi likes…?” Eomma repeated Donghae’s words, waiting for him to continue.

I see Yoon Hee moving silently. I don’t get what she said, but I think Donghae gets her because Donghae chewed his food silently and shook his head.

“Aniya, forget what he just said. He’s a babo, you know, he can’t speak well.” Yoon Hee grinned awkwardly.

Eomma looked confused, but she said, “Arasseo. Let’s have dinner then~ Kyuhyun-ssi, you haven’t eaten yet, right?”

____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Aish, Donghae oppa is such a babo. He almost told eommoni that Kyuhyun oppa likes you. Good thing I stopped him at the right time.” Yoon Hee whispered as she take five sets of chopsticks and spoons from the rack.

The guys are grilling the meat at the back yard, while eomma, Yoon Hee, and I are in charge of setting the table and making the sauces.

I took three pieces of large tea cloth from the kitchen cupboard. “Museun suriya~ He doesn’t like me.” I whispered back because eomma is around us.

Yoon Hee rolled her eyes and shook her head in an exaggerated way. “Ugh, come on. Everyone can see it. I bet eommoni knows it too. We pretend not to know- that’s why I shut Donghae oppa up- just to give chance to Kyuhyun oppa so he can confess it to you nicely.”

“What are you girls doing there?” Eomma called. “I thought you are going to set the table?”

“Oh, we are going now.” I said as I piled up a few plates on the table and pick them up all at once. “Yoon Hee-ah, kaja.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I was spreading the tea cloth on the table when Yoon Hee said she is going to talk to Donghae for a while. Aish, lovebirds…

Unexpectedly, Yoon Hee came back in no time.

“Why are you coming back so fast?” I asked while arranging the plates on the table.

“Wae? Do you want to do this alone?” She asked back.

“Ani…”

I was setting up the table but the corner of my eyes caught Yoon Hee who’s keep on making gestures towards Donghae.

“Min Jung-ah.” Yoon Hee nudges my elbow.

“Wae?”

“I’m going to help eommoni to make the sauces in the kitchen. Donghae oppa will set the table. You can go to help Kyuhyun oppa.”

I chuckled. Park Yoon Hee, you are being too obvious.

“Shireo. I don’t want to grill. I’ll just set the table.” I replied.

“Aigo, my eyes feel sore.” Lee babo Donghae rubbed his eyes constantly as he walked towards us. “Aigo, Min Jung-ah, can you help me to grill the meat? I’ll set the table instead.” He blinked several times while Yoon Hee pretends to blow his eyes.

”Tsk. How did they cast you to become an actor? Your acting is so unnatural.” I commented.

“Arasseo. I’ll grill the meat, because you two have worked hard in making a scenario just for me.” I quipped and hand Donghae the chopsticks and the spoons.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Every now and then, I catch him looking at me.

“Is there something on my face, Kyuhyun-ssi?” I asked while keeping my focus on the meats I grilled.

“Ani~ I just thought, how long is it since the last I have time to enjoy myself like this. No schedule, hanging out with friends, grilling meat outdoor~ we should have do this earlier.”

I coughed because of the smoke coming out from the grill. “We can do this often actually…” I lift my head to look at him. “But you are a celebrity…”

“Hmmm…” He tilted his head, thinking. “Then there’s only one way.”

“How?”

“Date me. Let’s date publicly, so we can hang out often.”

I raised my eyebrows. “Shireo.”

“Wae?” He looked at me as if he just saw an alien.

“What do you mean wae? Why would I date you?” I asked while flicking the smoke with my hand.

Cho helped me to fan the smoke away. “Tell me why you wouldn’t?”

“Because you are a celebrity.” I simply replied. “We are in two different worlds.”

I coughed again because of the smoke. I wait for him to reply, but he didn’t say a word.

“Cho.” I nudged him. “Are you mad?”

“Aniyo~ I am just heartbroken.” His lower lip protruded in a sulky pout.

“Ah~ because I just rejected you?” I .

He nodded, still sulking. “There are a lot of girls out there who want to be with me so badly, but I only want you, and you rejected me. Ah~ my heart hurts.” He put his hand on his chest, acting hurt.

“Tsk. Cho, I think you are out of your mind.” I slapped his stomach with my free hand.

“Ouch! It hurts!” He protested, but I laughed and ignored him.

Cho Kyuhyun, don’t like me. Just don’t.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

*Jaljinaeseoyo, Jaljinaetjyo = how are you / how have you been. *Jaljinaetji = I’m doing well. *Namja chingu museun = boyfriend what boyfriend (it’s an expression that says like ‘you are saying he is my boyfriend?!’) *Geunyang chingu-eyo = just a friend. *Sugohaesseoyo = you’ve worked hard. *Nae dal = my daughter. *Museun suriya = what are you talking about.