Fragile

When destiny brings me back to you.

“So when are you guys going to get married?” Eomma said as she looks at Yoon Hee who is pouring a glass of water for Donghae.

“Aigo, it’s not happening anytime soon, eommoni, don’t worry.” Yoon Hee replied. I can see her eyeing at Donghae. Aish, this girl. Is she saying that on purpose to see Donghae’s reaction?

“Yah, Park Yoon Hee. Say it to the point. Your babo namja chingu won’t understand.” I butted in.

Yoon Hee gave me a death glare as she said, “Musun suriya~”

“Min Jung is right.” Eomma smiled. “Since the two of you have known each other well, then why don’t you guys just get married?”

“Well…” Donghae scratched his head.

All of us waited for him to continue talking, but he just grinned and continue eating. Aish…

The conversation went well after that, but just when the dinner is coming to an end, I feel like suffocating. Man, I remember taking my pills already. But why…

I looked down as I try to resist the pain. Breathe in, breathe out.

Just when I think I was going to collapse, someone holds my hand and squeezed it gently. It doesn’t take me too long to notice that it was his hand. Cho’s.

I threw him a thankful smile and finally let go of his hand after a second thought. Right at that time, I curse myself for having a regret feeling after letting go of his hand. Andwae, Shin Min Jung. You don’t like him.

You cannot.

You may not.

After calming myself down, I forced a quick smile and tell eomma, “I think I left my phone in the car. I’ll go and take it.”

“Ah! Let’s take some selcas later.” Yoon Hee said.

“Geurae.” I agreed. I stood up, pushed the chair and was about to go when Cho holds my wrist.

I looked at him in confusion.

“The car’s key with me.” He wriggled the key he’s holding on his right hand. “I’ll go with you.”

Both Donghae and Yoon Hee gave us suspicious gazes but I pretend not to notice and walk away faster.

He seemed to have known that I lied about the phone thing, because when I walked into the kitchen, he is just following me behind and not asking me anything.

I opened the refrigerator and took a bottle of cold water. “Do you want some?” I offered.

He walked two steps nearer and grabbed the bottle from my hand. “Shin, you should be drinking warm water. You look so ill just now.” He put the bottle back in and closed the refrigerator.

“But I need something to make me refreshed. I feel so stuffed.” I told him.

He ignored me and start looking for something in the upper cupboards. Then, he grabbed a green cup and put it on the dispenser for some hot water.

“I don’t want it to be too hot.” I requested.

Cho is standing with his back facing me so I couldn’t see what he is doing but I think he’s doing his best to make the water warm enough.

“Here.” He handed me the cup. I took the cup and feel the warmth spreads throughout my entire body. I drink the whole cup in one shot.

“You’re drinking as if you’ve never drink a mineral water before.” He commented.

I smiled. Usually I will back or hit him, but I’m feeling weak and has no mood so I just smiled.

“Do you want to sit? Are you alright?”

“Hmm.” I nodded, putting the cup on the “It’s fine; I’m just going to stand up.”

 He looks at me. “Do you want to go home to rest?”

My chest is hurting as I took a deep breath. God, out of all days, why is this happening today?

“No, I’m really fine.” I replied calmly – I tried to stay calm. “I’m just exhausted as usual.” I replied, but my body betrayed me because as soon as I said it, my head feels so heavy and I am out of breath again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

CHO KYUHYUN’S POV

I didn’t take my eyes off her, not even a second. She looks so weak and fragile like she’s going to collapse anytime soon.

“Do you want to go home to rest?” I asked her.

“No, I’m really fine.” She waved off. “I’m just exhausted as usual.” She continued.

Definitely a lie, because she collapsed right after that and I have to carry her all the way to the car before driving hurriedly to the hospital.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Dr.Bryan rushed to the room to check on Shin as soon as we arrived. A couple of nurses with medical equipments are following him at the back. I walked with them but a nurse told me immediately that I am not allowed to get in, so all I can do is just to wait…

I’m sitting on the long, white bench near the door.

Hospital always gives off a hectic, panic, and sad vibes which I really dislike.

Like a film, I could hear the voices of the nurses who are answering the phone, the sounds of the wheels of the patient beds passed by… The sounds of family crying…

I shut my eyes and start praying.

God, please…

Right at that time, I heard the sound of a door getting opened. I stood up at once and saw Dr.Bryan coming out from the patient room.

“Seonsaengnim… Is she okay?”

“She’s fine. She was just having symptoms.” Dr.Bryan replied. “I suppose she has been working hard lately. She just needs to take some rest, that’s all.” He continued.

I bowed a couple of times as I thanked him, “Ah, kamsahamnida seonsaengim. Kamsahamnida.” I swear I have never felt this relieved before.

“But anyway, you are…?”

“Cho Kyuhyun imnida. I’m her… friend.” I introduced myself.

“Oh, I see. I’m Dr.Bryan.” I shook his hands. “I’m Min Jung’s doctor for these two years… it’s going to third year now. I know her condition very well, don’t you be too worry.” He smiled. “She’s still unconscious now, but she’ll be awake soon.”

“Ne, seonsaengnim. Kamsahamnida.”

After Dr.Bryan walked away, I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. Right at that time I just realized I haven’t contacted Shin’s eomma nor Donghae hyung about what’s happening!

My phone screen showed 15 missed calls, 12 kakao talks and 9 texts. Most are from Donghae, but some are from Shin’s eomma. I must be too panic to not even aware of my phone notifications…

I picked up the call, which is from Donghae hyung. “Yeoboseyo?”

“YAH! Cho Kyuhyun! Neo eodiya*?! Is Min Jungie with you? Why are you both disappearing suddenly? It’s been more than an hour now.”

“Hyung, I’m at the hospital. Shi- Min Jung-ie, she…”

“Hospital? Wae? Did something happen to her?”

“She fainted. Hyung, she…” Should I tell Donghae hyung that Shin is suffering from a heart disease?

“Kyuhyun-ah, I know everything already. So don’t hesitate and tell me everything.”

Shin’s eomma, Donghae hyung and Yoon Hee-ssi arrived at the hospital 15 minutes later. I told them briefly what happened, and Shin’s eomma also met Dr.Bryan to talk to him.

Shin has only woken up two hours later. Because it’s already late, I decided to stay in the hospital to take care of Shin. Her eomma stayed too. Donghae hyung and Yoon Hee-ssi went home, and they make sure they will come back tomorrow.

I shifted my body on the sofa as I look at Shin. It’s 1AM now, and she is back to sleep. Everything is fine now, but I couldn’t shut my eyes and stop worrying about her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

*Neo eodiya = where are you

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! Sorry for not updating for weeks~ January has been a really busy month, and I believe the upcoming months will be busier since I’m graduating on June~ However, I will try my best to update whenever I have time (read: writing every chapters in the middle of a night) hehe thank you for reading and have a nice weekend! ^^

(P.S. The story is coming to an end in 5+ chapters! Please look forward to it!)