Rival

When destiny brings me back to you.

November 29th 2012.

LEE SUNGMIN’S POV

We finally arrived here in Hongkong! Min Jung will arrive in 2 hours; she took another plane because that’s the only plane that has flight to Hongkong today.

I asked our manager hyung to fetch her later since we have to do some rehearsal for MAMA tomorrow.

Ah, I’m feeling good~~~

-------------------------------------------------The next day, before MAMA -------------------------------------------------

I walked out from my room and go to the lobby.

I told Min Jung that we’ll meet there.

“Oppa, annyeonghaseyo!” Min Jung greeted. She looks so beautiful in a simple white dress.

“Oh, annyeong.” I greeted her back.

“Did you change your hairstyle?” Min Jung asked, glancing at my hair.

“Ne. what do you think?”

“Handsome!” Min Jung said, giving a thumb up.

The other members and manager hyung arrived a minute later. We’ll be going to the Hongkong Convention & Exhibition Centre by 2 cars, and Min Jung will be going in the first car, with me.

“The driver will be dropping you guys off first, and Min Jung-ssi will be going inside with me after we park the car.” Manager hyung said, and we agreed because that’s the only way to keep Min Jung safe from the reporters.

------------------------------------------------------------Shin Min Jung’s pov ------------------------------------------------------------

Me and manager oppa went inside the venue after driver parked the car.

“Min Jung-yah, it’s been quite a long time.”

“Oh, ahjummeoni, annyeonghaseyo.” I bowed. Sungmin oppa’s eomma is here!

“Ne, annyeonghaseyo. Sungmin’s halmeonni is here too.” She introduced.

I bow and exchange formal greeting with halmeonni.

Manager oppa told us that there is a special seat for the celebrities’ family or friends that attend MAMA today, and he asked me to sit there with ahjummeoni and halmeonni since it’ll be a little hard to watch the show in the fans’ seat because they bring banners, lightsticks, and stuffs that will block the view. Manager oppa will be sitting there too with us.

Sungmin’s eommoni is friendly, as always. She said she is so glad that Sungmin oppa and I can get close.

“Uri Sungminnie~ he always got a lot of girl friends but seems like there are none of them who is special to him, that’s why I’m worried.” says ahjummeoni.

I nodded and smiled.

I want to tell her that I don’t have a special relationship with Sungmin oppa too, but she looks so happy and I don’t know why but I just don’t want to disappoint her.

------------------------------------------------------------ Cho Kyuhyun’s pov ------------------------------------------------------------

“Chukkahaeyo, kids~” said manager hyung as he hugs us.

“Kamsahamnida, hyung!”

“Hyung, we won’t able to win these awards without you. Gomawo!” said Ryeowook hyung.

Sungmin’s eommoni and halmeonni also come after that and congratulate us.

Weird, I feel like something is missing.

“By the way, eomma, wasn’t Min Jung with you?” asked Sungmin.

Ah! Min Jung. That girl, where is she?

“She said she wants to go to the toilet just now. omona! But why is it so long?” Sungmin’s eomma looks like she just realized something.

“But usually girls like to look in the mirror and stuff, Nari also took quite a long time in the toilet.” Said Shindong hyung.

Nari, Jung Nari is Shindong hyung’s girlfriend.

“But it’s been around……10 minutes?” Manager hyung said, looking at his watch.

“Maybe she doesn’t know the way back here? This convention centre is big, though.”

Donghae hitted his monkey friend. “Lee Hyukjae. Do you think a director of a big company is that dumb? She probably has been here before.”

All of us ignored the fighting couple.

“I’m going to find her.” Sungmin said.

“Wait.” Manager hyung hold his arm. “We have press-conference to attend in 15 minutes!”

“Hyung, I’m going to find her, it won’t be long. If I don’t come back in 15 minutes you can just start the press-conference without me.”

“Wait. Sungmin-ah, I’m going with you. If 2 people looking together it'll be faster.” I said.

All members are looking at me like, are you crazy? This press-conference is so freaking important.

“Dwaesseo. You both go find her, and PLEASE come back in 15 minutes.” Said manager hyung.

We both scattered.

Sungmin is searching at the place and rooms around toilet, while I’m searching at the other direction.

There’s a park behind the convention centre. The park is so silent and calm, no one might be there right now but I just want to check.

I walked down the stairs.

This park is beautiful though, but the night that gripped makes it a little bit unnerving.

Brakkk! A voice suddenly went.

I walked towards the voice and saw a woman sitting on a bench. She looked down and moaned in pain.

“Agassi.... Are you okay? Agass- Min Jung-ssi?!! Gwaenchanaseyo?!”

Min Jung nodded but her face is all pale.

I take off my coat and put it on her. Her things are all scattered beside her handbag. I tidy up all the things and put it back in. Min Jung can't walk by herself now, so I put her handbag on her lap and tries to carry her.

“Here. Let me bring you to the hospital.” I put my right hand behind neck, left hand behind her legs and try to carry her, but Min Jung shook her head.

“I.....want.....to go back....to.....the hotel.”

“Back to hotel? With your condition like this?”

“I'll be okay. I'm just.....too tired. Please.”

I nodded, carry her and walked as fast as I could to the road to call a taxi.

Luckily all the reporters are now on the press-conference's venue, so no one spotted us here.

I am asking the taxi driver to drive us back to the hotel when my phone rang. Manager hyung called.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Kyuhyun-yah! Have you found her? Our press-conference is about to start! We only have 5 minutes left.”

“I found her. I know. But the situation is a bit hard to explain now, so... just start the press-conference without me.”

Min Jung pulled my right arm. I looked at her and she shook her head.

“You...need to go.” She said in a low voice.

“Yah Cho Kyuhyun!”

“Hyung, arasseo. Wait for me. I'll be there as fast as I can.” Click. I hang up.

I asked the taxi driver to drive us to the hospital since that's the only place where I can leave Min Jung without worry. I can't leave Min Jung alone like this in the hotel!

“I.....want.....to go back to......the hotel.” Min Jung said stubbornly.

Her face is still so pale and she looked so hurt. I didn't reply her and just hug her tight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After press-conference

LEE SUNGMIN'S POV

“Hyung, you guys go back to the hotel first. I'm going to the hospital.” I said to our manager hyung.

“Hyung, it's almost 12AM.” Ryeowookie said. “and we have a morning flight to catch tomorrow.” Yesung hyung continued.

“Keokjeongma.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Min Jungie~” I called.

“Oppa? Why are you here?” Min Jung asked.

“I want to make sure that you're okay. What did the doctor said?”

“Nothing. He said I'm just tired. I forgot to take my vitamins today, that's why.”

“Ah~ jeongmal? I'm so worried.”

“Mian. Hehehe.”

“Hm~ eotteohkaji? We're going back to Korea tomorrow. gwaenchanhi?”

“Na gwaenchanha. The doctor said I can go home by tomorrow.”

“Jeongmal?”

“Hmmm.” Min Jung nodded. “Oppa, you should go back to the hotel. It's late, go get some sleep.”

“I'll go after you sleep.”

“Oppa, don't be like this. I will be angry if you don't go back now.” Min Jung pouted.

“Arasseo, arasseo.”

“Oppa, I'm sorry for making you worry. Mianhaeyo.”

I nodded. “That's okay. Now go rest. Jaljja~~”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 2nd 2012.

SHIN MIN JUNG'S POV

 

“Yeoboseyo? Sungmin oppa!”

“Oh, Min Jungie?”

“Oppa! Are the members there in the dorm?”

“Ne. Only Siwon is not here, wae?”

“Ah~ do you guys have schedules today?”

“Aniyo.”

“Please tell Ryeowook oppa not to cook today. I'll be the one who cook the lunch~”

“Oh?”

“Gidaryeojusipsio*~”

“Ne~~”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I entered the apartment with two hands full of lunch boxes. I'm just gonna stepped into the lift when two security guards intercepted.

“Jwesonghamnida*, where are you going?” the security guards asked.

I said the apartment level where the members live and one of them said, “Jwesonghamnida, but fans are not allowed to get in.”

“Mworago*?” I'm not their fan!

“Jwesonghamnida.” The security guards bow a bit and pull me!

“Excuse me.”

Oh! It's Sungmin oppa!

“She's my guest.” Sungmin oppa said.

“Ah, jwesonghamnida.” The security guards let go of my arms and walk away.

“Gwaenchani?” Sungmin oppa asked as he help me with the lunch boxes.

“Mmm.” I nodded.

We both get into the lift. “I knew it will be like this that's why I get down.” He said and laughed a bit.

“Ah, so embarassing!” I replied. “Luckily you came on the right time oppa, or else they would have dragged me outside the apartment. Do I even look like a stalker?” I continued.

Sungmin oppa laughed again. “You look a lot like ahjumma if you're nagging like that.”

“Oppa!” I pouted.

The lift stopped at the level where we are going, and as soon as the lift's door is opened......

“TADAAAAAAAAAA! WELCOMEEEE!” The members form a row in front of the lift greeting us. Well, they literally shouted.

“Yeah, yeah, welcome. The whole apartment can hear us now. Ah, molla, I'm going in first before the security guards come to find us thinking there's something happened.” Kyuhyun-ssi nagged and walked away with annoyed look.

“Why is that kid angry?” Yesung-ssi mumbled. All of them looked at each other.

“Ehm, excuse me. Can you guys let us get out of the lift first?” Sungmin oppa said.

“Oh, oh~” The members moved and give us way.

Shindong-ssi helped me with the rest lunch boxes in my hand and we get in to the dorm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ah, I'm so full~~” Shindong-ssi sighed happily.

“It'll be good if Min Jung-ssi can cook for us often. We are bored with Ryeowook's same menu.” Eunhyuk-ssi said.

“Yah! Hyung, I won't cook for you anymore!” Ryeowook-ssi threaten and we all laughed because we know, Eunhyuk-ssi eats the most among all.

“First, I want to tell you that I'm here because I'm sorry to make you guys worry about me in Hongkong. And thanks for Kyuhyun-ssi, for taking me to the hospital.” I said.

“If you're sorry then you should cook for us often~” Eunhyuk-ssi replied.

“tsk. You don't even helped anything.” Yesung-ssi quipped.

“Anyway, you should thank Sungmin too. He even visited you after the press-conference because he's so worried.” said Kangin-ssi.

“I know.” I replied. “I owe Sungmin oppa a lot.”

“Eyyyyy~~” The members smirked.

“Min Jung-ssi even called Sungmin 'oppa' but she's calling us with 'ssi'.” Shindong continued.

“Aniyo, it's not like that. I can call you guys with oppa too.” I said.

“Geuraeyo! Don't be too formal, you can just call us oppa~” Ryeowook-ssi said.

“Ne~”

After lunch, Ryeowook oppa and I wash the dishes while Eunhyuk oppa and Donghae clean the table and tidy up the dining room.

“Oppadeul, I have to go now since I have something to do. I had a great time today, kamsahamnida.” I said. The members are in the living room, some are playing with their phone while some are watching tv.

“Oh? Min Jungie, you're leaving? So fast?” Ryeowook oppa asked as he puts a plate of fruits on the table.

“Ne. I have something to do, I'm a bit late already actually.” I replied.

“Geuraeyo? Then let me drive for you. Chamkkan*~” Sungmin oppa stood up and goes inside his room.

“Aigo~ I'm so jealous of you guys.” Eunhyuk oppa pouted and he pretends to sobs while hugging Donghae who's sitting beside him.

“Aigo~” Donghae pretends to sobs too and hugged his monkey friend back.

Aish, these silly kids.

“Min Jungie~ let's go.” Sungmin oppa get out from his room with the car's key in his left hand.

“Oppadeul, annyeonghijumuseyo*~~~”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What are you going to do here? You will have a meeting?” Sungmin oppa asked as soon as we arrived at the place where I have my ballet practice.

“Ani~ Come with me if you want to know.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, I don't like telling people about my personal life, that's why only a few people knew that I can dance ballet.

But ever since I'm close to Sungmin oppa, I start to tell him things. He's like, a really good oppa that I can depend on and I trust him a lot now, that's why I think it's good to tell him about my ballet so I can have him supporting me.

“You're going to watch a concert?” Sungmin oppa guessed while looking at the dancers.

“Aniya. I'm the dancer too, and I'm here to do some practice.”

“Oh jinjjayo? I never know you can dance ballet?”

“You never know because you never asked.” I replied.

“Min Jung-yah!” Someone tapped on my back and from the voice I know it's Dong Wook oppa.

“Oh, oppa! annyeonghaseyo~”

“Annyeong. You're late.” Dong Wook oppa pinched my nose softly. “I thought you wouldn't come.”

I smiled. “Oh, let me introduce you. Sungmin oppa, this is Dong Wook oppa and Dong Wook oppa, this is Sungmin oppa.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Sungmin imnida. Bangapseumnida.”

“Ne, annyeonghaseyo. Kim Dong Wook imnida, bangapseumnida.”

Both Sungmin oppa and Dong Wook oppa didn't say anything after that and only standing there awkwardly, so I grinned and was just gonna tell them I'm going to change my clothes first when they both suddenly said, “So you're Min Jung's boyfriend?” At the same time.

and I was like, eh? Boyfriend?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*gidaryoejusipsio = please wait.

*jwesonghamnida = I'm sorry

*mworago = what did you say

*chamkkan = wait a minute

*annyeonghijumuseyo = see you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted a longer chapter for my apology for taking so long time to update. I know it's getting boring but thanks for staying with me :'D <3