Chapter 27 Kim Jieun, where are you? Please come out now!

SHE just my baby’s MOTHER!!!

The surrounding was really cold and you started to regain your consciousness. You opened your eyes slowly and found that someone was next to you. It’s Howon.

He sat and slept next to you. He looked extremely exhausted and you can feel that he was shivering. You saw a jacket placed on the sofa and decided to take it. You lifted up the blanket and get out of the bed slowly and carefully as you still felt the pain coming from your stomach. You took up the jacket and slowly walked toward Howon, covered him with the jacket.

 

Feeling stuffy, you decided to go out for a walk at late night.

You saw a nurse at the counter and wanted to ask her for the direction to the garden.

“excuse me.” You said shyly.

“Oh, Miss Kim. You finally woke up. You have been unconscious for 2 days and your family really worried about you.”

“Isn’t it?”

“Yes, especially your husband. He had looked after you throughout the day. He didn’t even eat much and insisted to take care of you until you woke up. Miss, you’re really lucky to have him as your husband.”

“Thank you..” You said. Actually you didn’t focus on what the nurse said. Your mind kept thinking about Howon. He must be hungry now.

“Excuse me, can you tell me where the canteen is?”

“Yes, of course.” Then she showed you the direction. You thanked her and walked slowly to the canteen.

 

(at the canteen)

“Miss, what would you like to order?” asked an ahjussi to you.

You looked at the menu and started to select some food.

“Jajangmyeon? NO! Howon hate it!  Prawn noodle? Can’t! Howon is allergy to seafood! Aigo~ what should I choose for him?”

“Is there any problem, miss?”

“My husband is a bit picky so I didn’t know what he likes to eat.” You said with an upset voice.

“How about porridge?” He said, trying to give you a suggestion.

“That sounds great. Okay, please give me 2 set and also a bottle of milk.”

“Okay, here you are.” He said and handed the packed food to you.

“Thank you.” You greeted to ahjussi before you leave.

On the way back to the room, you saw a little boy sitting outside a room and he was crying. You walked in front of him and gave him a tissue. He looked at you and you smiled back to him.

“Don’t cry, my dear. Is there anything happened?” he nodded his head and you started to console him.

“Do you mind to tell me?” The little boy looked at you and started to tell you the truth. It happened to be that the boy’s mother needs to operate in order to survive, but as his father has passed away, nobody is affordable to pay for the fee. He felt sad because he was unable to help his mother. You looked at him and started to think of your mother. She also died like this as no one was able to pay the fee.

“Jieun, you need to help him.” Your mind kept on persuading you. You handed over a bottle of milk to him and said, “drink this. You will feel better then.” You asked for his name and told him not to worry as you decided to help him. Glanced at the clock on the wall, you told the boy that you need to go back. The boy thanked you and gave you a cute handmade keychain before you left.

“I made this keychain and please take it. Thank you for your consolation, noona. I gained some strength from you. Hope to see you soon.” You smiled and took over the keychain.

 

(at the room)

Howon woke up and found that you weren’t lying on the bed. He looked around the room but you were nowhere found! He started to worry and looked for you crazily in the hospital. He searched for you at every single unit in the hospital and even in the garden, but he still can’t find you.

Kim Jieun, where are you? Please come out now!