Chapter 20 Is This my baby?

SHE just my baby’s MOTHER!!!

After half an hour, you reached the hospital and met the doctor.

You were asked to lie on a bed while the doctor tried to examine you.

“Miss, do you still have severe morning sickness?” She asked you.

“Yes. This morning I vomit for 4 times and felt really dizzy after it.”

“Miss, your body are really weak and it become worse after you carried this baby. You must consume enough nutrients and also control your emotion as it may affect your baby and lead to miscarriage.” She said.

“Doctor, I can’t lose this baby….” You plead her.

“Miss, don't worry. I just give you some advices so that you beware of this. Remember, you can’t let yourself too emotional like just now, okay?” She told you patiently.

“Now, do you want to see your baby through ultrasound screening?”

“Can I?” You asked her with a bit excited tone.

“Yes, of course.” She answered you back with a mother-like smile.

She exposed your belly and rubbed something on it.

“Are you ready?” She asked you softly.

“yes.”

Then, she switched on a small screen in front of you and ran the device over your stomach.

A weird, disorientated screen popped up. Mostly consisting of black but as she moved the device up and down on your stomach, you could see the inside of the uterus and a small lump inside of it.

“Is this my baby?” You asked.

“Yes.” Then she pointed at the screen and showed your something. You later found out it’s the heartbeat of your baby. At that moment, you were surprised and shocked where you don’t know how to describe your happiness about this miraculous incident.

This is my baby’s heartbeat….. I saw it… You were so touched and happy that tears were slightly formed on your eyes, but you tried to control your emotion when you recall the doctor’s advice.

"Is the baby ok?" You asked.

The doctor nodded. "Yes it seems to be just fine. The heartbeat is active and steady, so need not to worry too much. Remember to come again for the following checkup." The doctor informed you.

“Thank you, doctor.” You said and went out to meet Misook.

“Ajumma!”

“Miss, how was your checkup?” Misook looked at you worrily because you had entered the room more than 1 hour.

“The baby is okay and doctor advised me to control my emotion and take enough nutrients.”

“what’s a relief! Madam must be really happy to hear it.” Misook sighed.

“Ajumma.” You called.

“Yes, miss?”

“Don’t call me miss. Just call me Jieun like grandma did,” You said to her.

“How can I do so….It’s rude to you..” She said lower her head.

“Ajumma, you had worked for grandma for 30 years. So, for me you are just like one part of my family. I would be happy if you call me Jieun.”

“This…….but….” She hesitated.

“Please~!Ajumma…..ermm………..” You “aegyo” to Misook.

She fall for your cuteness and finally surrendered.

“Okay, Jieun ssi.”

“ajumma, take away the “ssi”” You pretended you are angry.

She laughed when she saw it and said, “ Yes, our Jieun. So, where do you want to go now?”

“I’m hungry so can I fill up my stomach before going home?” You pouted your mouth.

“Haha, such a cutie. No wonder madam was happy to have you as her granddaughter-in-law.”

“Isn’t it? How about you, ajumma? Do you “fall” for me?”

“Yes, my lady! Let’s go! The baby must be hungry.” She said while touching your belly.

You two then slipped in the car.

On the way to a restaurant, you saw a stall that sells deokbeokki(Korean Spicy Rice Cakes) and ordered the driver to stop by the roadside.

“Jieun, where are you going? ….Jieun, beware!!” Misook who saw you opened the door and just rushed out without noticed the car almost having heart attack.

You didn’t noticed at all because your mind was only concerned about the rice cakes.

“Ahjussi, deokbeokki please!” You said with your eyes glued on the food.

“Jieun, do you know you rushed out like that is danger…” She said but stopped when she saw you ate the rice cakes happily. You must be very hungry…..

“Do you want some?!” You said , trying to share some with her but found that your plate is already empty. “sorry, ajumma, I had finished it already….but it’s not me who finished it…it’s the baby who always complain that he is hungry.” You said and scratched your head cutely as you felt embarrassing. Misook shook her head and finally get to know the reason why grandma likes you so much… It’s because you are like a happy virus, managed to make people can’t stop themselves to smile and laugh when they saw your cuteness.

After spending a nice moment with Misook, you went back home as Misook wants you to rest more.

 

(At your room)

You took out a diary you just bought. You opened it and started to fill the pages.

“Dear baby, I’m your mommy, Jieun. Nice to meet you. Today, mommy is really happy to see you through ultrasound screening. Do you know how excited and touched I am when I feel your presence inside mommy’s stomach?  My dear, even though mommy unable to know how you look and how you would be in the future, but mommy knows that at this moment, when I think about you, I feel that you are the best in the world. So, please grow up healthily. Mommy loves you.”

You wrote and attached the ultrasound photo at the side of the page.

Then, you touched your stomach and said sweetly to your baby, “Good night…”

 

Ah, my brain started to traffic jam again... haha.. How's today episode? Please leave some comments.

Tomorrow i wouldn't be able to update the chapter becoz I having a picnic with my family~! So, listen to this song when you are waiting for the chapters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvJNmWQiX8I&feature=related

This song is sung by Lee Yeon Hee (one of the actress i love and her angelic voice captivated my heart. Please watch her new drama "Ghost" too)

Name: Slow Motion by Karina Pasian

 

 Here a teaser for you.

 

 Teaser: God, what have you done to my grandma until she forgot who is her real grandchild!!!