Chapter 11 What?!! Pregnant??!!!!

SHE just my baby’s MOTHER!!!

Howon carried Jieun into the emergency room at which the nurse stopped him from entering.

“Sorry, please cooperate and wait outside…” Howon followed her instruction and sat on the chair outside. Grandma who rushed there and saw him sitting on the chair.

“Howon, is she okay?” She asked with a worried look.

“Still inside the emergency room.”

“huh,” she sighed. “why I didn’t notice the board. If not, she wouldn’t be inside there now…”

“grandma, it’s not your fault” said Howon tried to console her. Then, grandma looked at Howon and said, “Howon, I want you to be honest to me…. Do you know Jieun ssi before?” Howon didn’t answered and kept himself silent….

“I found this ring in her bag” Grandma took out the ring that makes Howon didn’t know what to say.

“Grandma, it’s not like what you think now…. We’re not that type of relationship….”

“Then, how come she have this with her?” Howon sighed and started to answer grandma’s question. “That day I was supposed to propose to Hyeri but she choose to chase her dream and left me…. Then I go to a pub and saw a guy tried to harass Jieun. I saved her and later we talked to each other. I cried when I recall the moment Hyeri left me. She consoled me and then…we ….. slept together…”

“Howon……” Grandma looked at him.

At the same time, the doctor came out from the emergency room.

“who’s Kim Jieun’s family?”

“Is she okay?” Grandma asked the doctor.

“ She’s okay, just a small bruise on her head… If possible, let her rest more and make sure that she takes enough nutrient. That’s not good for her and her baby.”

“Sorry, can you repeat what you say?” Howon grabbed on doctor’s arm.

“You must be her husband. Congratulations, you are going to be a father.” Howon’s hand slipped down from the doctor’s arm. He felt miserable with this breaking new.

“Doctor, can I talk to her?” said grandma.

“Yes, but remember to let her rest more.” Grandma nodded her head and glared at Howon before she entered the room.

 

(In the room)

You awake when the doctor told you the breaking new.

“No…It’s can’t be…How can I……” You closed your eyes, didn’t want to believe what you have heard.

“Jieun ssi?” You turned around and saw Mrs Lee.

“Can I talk to you?” You nodded.

“I heard that you are pregnant.” You kept yourself silent…..

“ Is it Howon’s baby?” You looked at her and lower your head.

“I guess I’m right… so what are you going to do with the baby?”

“I can’t have this baby….”

“Jieun ssi, are u thinking of abort you baby? No, you can’t do it!"

“ I don’t know….This happened too suddenly…..” You cried…

“My dear, don’t kill the baby… he is innocent… he still haven’t seen this beautiful world… so…. Please give birth to this baby… okay?” She hugged you and you kept on crying until you fall asleep.

 

(Outside the room)

“Howon, I want to talk to you” Howon who heard his grandma, followed her to the garden.

“Howon, I have asked her and it’s your baby….”

“I know…”

“so what are you going to do?”

“Grandma, I…..”

“Howon, can you marry her?” Howon looked at his grandma surprisingly but didn’t say anything.

“I know you want to take the responsibility but you know you’re not loving her… However, Howon, it’s not easy for a girl like her to take care of the baby herself…Besides, how people will look at her when they know she pregnant before married?”

“I….”

“Howon… grandma is getting older now so grandma wouldn’t know when am I gonna die…. I’m just want to see you formed your own family before I go and met your parents…”she said with tears in her eyes.

“Okay….I’ll marry her” He said…