53

I'm Byun Baekhyun's wife!

Chapter 53 - After (EXO - Angel (Into Your World) (piano)


           Questions whirled in my mind as I felt my heart twisting sourly. It felt bad. It felt so damn bad, no. Bad is an understatement and nothing can explain what I feel.

           I feel as though I lost a part of me. A part that can never be replaced.

           My hands then gently placed on my stomach as I continued to cry. I wonder how I was suppose to raise this kid myself. I wonder what will my answer be, when this kid of mine asks me, "Umma, where is appa?"

           I burst into tears, bawling loudly upon that thought. And to think I've not told anything about keeping this child to him yet, and yet, he's leaving me.

           My legs felt wobbly and before I knew it, I collapsed, but surprising, not on the floor, but rather held midway by someone.

 

 

 

           I sighed as I opened my eyes, staring at myself in the mirror. I had put on my black fitting clothes, getting ready for later. I checked my wristwatch and it was time. I looked at myself in the mirror again, letting out a puff of air. Today is the day.

           Grabbing the car keys, I jogged to my car and started the engine.

           I stopped outside the school as I rested my head against the seat as I looked around at all those families, fetching their children too. 

           "Umma." Her voice snapped me back as I turned to her who was smiling brightly at me. 

           I smiled and took her bags from her, "Chae Eun." I called out in acknowledgement, "How was school today?"

           She smiled, "It was fine."

           I nodded, "Okay then. Let's go." I sighed as I started my engine, stopping by by the flower shop before heading to the cemetry.

           I grabbed the flowers as we both stepped out of the car. The hot sun shone on us, but Chae Eun's smile never left as her eyes looked towards the cemetry.

           Because it's not an everyday thing that we come and visit him.

 

 

 

           I knocked gently on Lee S.M's office waiting to enter, before I heard a soft, "Come in."

           I entered and sat on the seat before he finally looked up, "You were looking for me?" He asked as he closed a file. I nodded, "You're quitting." He stated while I nodded.

           He sighed and nodded, "Send in your resign letter then. But I'm sad to have to lose such a great coordinator for the artists, and be strong." He said.

           I nodded, "Thank you." I smiled, "But I also wanted to report on something I saw previously." I said while he nodded, urging me to continue, "Lee Yoonji kissed Baekhyun before." 

           He frowned and nodded before grabbing the phone on the desk, "Get Lee Yoonji into my office now." He said while I nodded, standing up to take my leave.

 

 

 

           Tears blurred my vision. I couldn't see anything clearly as I continued to cry, someone was shaking me, but I ignored the person. My thoughts were in a whirl as I whispered in agony, "Why. Why now? Why him?" I asked.

           "Heeyoung!" A frustrated yet familiar sounding voice called for me. "Heeyoung!" I saw someone kneeling down in front of me. 

           I started hiccupping as I felt his familiar touches, and smelled him again. His fingers gently wiped my tears away, "Heeyoung, you okay?" His worried eyes stared into mine.

           I couldn't move. He was back. He was real. He is mine. He wasn't dead. 

           I only cried harder as he engulfed me in a hug, telling me he was okay and he was fine.

 

 

 

           "Appa." Chae Eun called out, "Umma isn't free to come again today. She will only be able to come this Saturday." She said as she gently caressed the picture of her father, "However, I did bring my second umma along." She said as she looked up to me, smiling.

           I gave her a small nod, as I then said a few words to her father, before leaving the place, to let her have some time alone. And to also, let me selfishly thank god, for that day, it wasn't Baekhyun, but rather her father who-

           It was while I was still mad at Baekhyun, he had made friends with Chae Eun's father and learnt that his daughter was a fan of his. Baekhyun had nothing to give him then and he requested for the beanie. 

           As much as Baekhyun didn't want to, he still did it because the father was dying and all he wanted to do was just to finish his last duties as a good father and husband.

 

 


 

Almightybling: Okay, you guys may now dislike me for holding on to such a short update for such a long time. OTL LOL. Anyway, I am not going to reply to the comments because it started piling up and I realised I would have a lot to reply and no, I'm not being some ungrateful idiot. LOL. I just feel tired to reply, I hope you guys understand though. But I promised I read each and everyone of them and I'm grateful for it. :)

okay, now about the story. I hope it wasn't confusing. If it is, i'll explain in the next chapter. ;)

Oh! And thank you to everyone who have tried or even just thought about it for a second to help me with the babies names. Thank you so much! ;) ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥