O1

I'm Byun Baekhyun's wife!

 

  Chapter 1  

- the first meeting

 


 

Heeyoung's Point Of View

"I want this, this, and this." I mumbled to myself as I picked out the clothes and dresses on the racks.

"Heeyoung! You have such a great taste in fashion, I'm baffled why you aren't in fashion design course or something like that!" One of my 'friends' I was shopping with exclaimed. I just smiled fakely and smugly at her. Whatever.

They continued to look around while I went over to the counter to place the mountain of clothes I've chosen because they were starting to hurt my hands and I was almost done with the entire shop.

"Will you be paying by cash or card?" The cashier girl asked me, smiling.

"Card." I answered as I fished out my card to her before walking to the side I haven't quite yet explored while waiting for her to pack for my clothes and do the transaction for the bill.

"Woah" I was cut off as I felt and saw someone else's hands on the dress that I saw first. Which ?

I turned and was completely caught off guard because I didn't expect a guy, not to mention, a really hot guy holding on to that dress, "I saw it first." He said.

I squinted my eyes at him as I glared slightly, who cares if you're hot. This dress is mine.

"You're not a girl, why are you getting this?" I asked as I tugged on it slightly, demanding he let go.

"I want it." His eyes turned into slits as he tugged it too.

"Let go." I said in a threatening manner as I tugged on it again, harder.

He was about to reply me when we both turned over at a loud obvious throat clearing, "Um miss" The cashier girl addresses me, "Sorry about it, but do you have another card? It seems to be that the card is canceled or has problems."

"What?" I frowned, "No way! Try it again!" I demanded.

She looked apologetic as she answers, "Sorry miss but we've tried it 3 times but it still doesn't work. Do you perhaps have another card?" She questioned.

And before I could answer her, a rough tug caused to me release the dress in my hands as the guy took it away, leaving. But not before leaning in to whisper in my ears, "Seems like someone doesn't have the money."

I felt anger rise in me as he said it. How dare he? I have all the money in the world, all that he doesn't. How dare he?

I glared at his back view as I uttered curse words before I left to the cashier to allow the girl to try my other cards.

"I'm sorry miss, but I'm afraid this is canceled as well." The girl said as she apologetically returned me my card again.

I breathed in and out, controlling my anger as I tried not to lash it out on this girl, she probably doesn't know how to use the ing machine or this is ing April's fool.

"Someone's still stuck on the money issues?" I snapped over to the counter beside me as the guy grinned as he paid his clothes.

I gritted my teeth in anger but said nothing as I stormed out of the shop in anger. That was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me ever since I learnt to think. God, I would bring hell to home if they don't solve this ing problem.

***

"What?!" I yelled as I heard the news.

"Your cards are indeed all canceled." My dad repeated, confirming with me.

"What the is going on?" I screamed and suddenly my mother started crying.

She ran towards me, hugging me as she cried onto my shoulder, "I'm sorry sweetie, but daddy's company is having a crisis and there is a big chance that we might have to close it down and declare bankrupt."

"Bankrupt?!" I yelled in disbelief. "Are you kidding right now?" I screamed as I felt myself getting giddy.

My dad shook his head and I held onto my head, it felt like it was spinning. What the hell was going on?

How am I going to get out of poverty? Am I going to be penniless and sell my branded to survive? I can't, I just can't!

And the very first idea that came to my head was to marry someone rich.

 

Baekhyun's Point Of View

It was day off from training today, I've just debuted recently under the boy band in SM, EXO. Life is good, the start of the career is good and today everyone was off to do something off their own and I just decided to wander off to do some shopping and take my mind off training for a brief moment.

Before I even noticed, I was inching closer to a girl and kept a close watch of her as I looked around aimlessly in a ladies' side of the shop

Pretty was the only word in my head as I stared, and as I realized she was about to pay, I realized I had to do something to get a closer look of her, to hear her voice, anything. 

I walked over quickly and as she reached out for a pretty dress, my hands stretched forward as I held it tightly. 

"I saw it first." I found myself uttering as I mentally kicked myself. Way to go, Baekhyun.

I expected her to let it go, smile sweetly and tell me 'it's alright' because that would match her sweet looks, but no. She glared at me and demanded that I release it. 

In that very moment, I lost pretty much all interest in her. I didn't like rude girls. Not a single bit. 

I left her and got to get my clothes, hurriedly, wanting to get out of this place now. But just as I was about to pay, I realized she was still stuck on her money issues, and I decided to mock her one last time. Since she's isn't sweet and nice, why should I be?

***

I sat on my bed, reading a book I recently found somewhere in Jongin's room when I was suddenly interrupted by Chanyeol's loud entrance into my room, panting slightly, he screamed my name. 

I winced slightly at his voice, "What happened?" I asked calmly, as I looked back to my book, trying to find where I left off. It wasn't that I was that interested in the book, but Chanyeol was someone who would make even the smallest things seem like they needed the entire world's population interest. 

But the following sentences he said had caught me off guard as I snapped right back up to meet his eyes, wondering if he was kidding.

"We're rumored to be gay?" I repeated after him as I mentally gagged while my brain tried to entertain the thought. No, just never. I could never view him that way. 

He swallowed his saliva hurriedly as he motioned for me to get up, "And you better hurry! I heard Lee SooMan is off to your house to visit your parents regarding this matter!"

I called back home to reconfirm this before mindlessly rushing back and I silently cursed as my mother requested to be home as soon as possible. 

The ride home had been long and full of questions and doubts running through my head, and at last I dreadfully reached home. 

"Mum? Dad? I'm home." I greeted as I kicked off my shoes.

The chatters seemingly from the kitchen table stopped momentarily as my mother called me over. "Mo" My breath caught in my throat as I noticed Lee Sooman sitting with my parents and I gulped fearfully before bowing. 

I silently took a seat as I watched my parents grin from ear to ear as they watched me. I silently hoped this wasn't the end of my career. I barely started.

I gulped as I met my mother's eyes as she smiled, holding onto my hands, "Baekhyun-ah." I gulped again. Please, this can't be the end.

"We've discussed some things over with Mr. Lee and we've come to an agreement." My heart hammered against my ribcage as I nervously held my hands together.

"You're getting married."

My eyes widened as I almost choked on my saliva. This was all too sudden and too unexpected. And was there really a need for such a exaggerated resolve?

"Mum, no!" I tried to keep calm, "I mean, I heard that there were rumors out there that Chanyeol and I are gay but we're not! We know that very well and I'm sure time will prove it! It's not like they have any prove that we're gay anyway!" I rambled on and on, in fear and especially with the fact that I couldn't handle this new information very well. 

I looked over at SooMan and he gave me a small reassuring smile, "I'm sure it will be okay. We only made this decision after much thought too. So don't worry."

I frowned. How was this okay? How is this 'after much thought'? This is simply a reckless decision made by my parents while SooMan barely thought over and agreed! This isn't okay! This could be the downfall to my career! And I'm not even attached right now why would I even marry!? 

I kept my cool and remained expressionless until SooMan had left before I screamed, "What is this?! Mum please, tell me this is just a joke." I begged. My mother however only gave me a small hug as she smiled.

"It's alright Baekhyun," My father spoke and I wanted to tear my scalp apart. Of course it was okay for them! They aren't the ones going through this!

"We've shortlisted a few girls for you." My father spoke and my head snapped over. Already!? "I know you like sweet, filial girls. I'll try to find those alright?"

"Dad! No!" I screamed. I didn't want this.

"That's all that we're asking from you." He said firmly and I froze in guilt.

And simply with that, I resigned to whatever they had planned for me. 

***

2 weeks passed by fairly quickly without me noticing and without much news from my parents, I almost forgot all about it until the call last night. My parents had 7 candidates lined up one after another for the entire day today. I groaned from the thought. 

 

Heeyoung's Point Of View

I sighed as I checked myself in the mirror again. "Pretty face.. Check." I muttered silently to myself as I smiled in satisfaction before I kept my mini mirror away. 

I looked around for my next 'date' to come and I frowned as I realized he was late. I looked back to the empty table as my thoughts flew back to my mother's words requesting me not to do this and to find my true love. I sighed as I realized as much as I don't want to, I don't have a choice, and money is important to me. I'm spoilt pampered princess. I just can't imagine myself in some old small dusty house. And after all, mum and dad was in an arranged marriage too, and it worked out fine didn't it?

"I'm sorry, are you Park Heeyoung?" An old man asked as he smiled politely.

My eyes glittered at the sight. Firstly, he is old. He'll probably die in a few years and I'll inherit everything! Secondly, he looks pretty kind and he isn't lustful like a few that I had already met. I just wanted to kick them in their face so hard when they stare.

"Heeyoung?" He asked as I snapped out of my trance.

"Sorry?" I apologized sweetly as I smiled fakely. He probably like sweet little heads right? 

"It's okay." He smiled, "So, as I was saying, if you're so young, why are you out here doing this? You're pretty and sweet, I bet you have plenty of suitors out there."

Suitors? I mentally scoffed. Those losers went to the ing sweet JiEun.

"Truth to be told, of course if I didn't have to do this I wouldn't." I sighed sadly, mustering up the saddest look I could, "But because there's some crisis in my parent's company now and this is the least I could do to help my parents. A merge or some loan would definitely help and in turn I would marry the person."

The old fogey frowned slightly, "But don't you despise this kind of relationship or marriage? Aren't you afraid of the looks people would give?" He asked as he straightened up slightly. "And, what if I'm already old and dying, and I need you to be by my side constantly to help me with even the simplest chores?" He asked.

I blinked at the sudden wave of questions and silently I answered, "Well then that's my ing luck."

"Sorry?" He asked.

"Oh!" I straightened up as I forced a smile, "I said, that would be terrible but it can't be helped." I said, smiling a smile that obviously looks forceful.

He nodded, and I silently stared at him, annoyed. When was he going to be finished with the questions? We're already halfway through and he hasn't said anything about how he felt about the entire thing, I don't even know if he wants me.

"Well," He said, looking up and I hurriedly straightened up and smiled, waiting for him to continue, "You've been one of the best candidates and I'm sure my master will love you." He said and I blinked.

"Eh?" I blurted out, "I was a candidate?" I blinked, wondering who the this was then.

"Well, you must be wondering, but our master can't just meet anyone, you see... it's complicated but I'm sure you'll get it once you meet him." He smiled. 

"When will I get to meet him then?" I asked, trying not to let my annoyance show on my face or my voice. I can't believed I just spent my entire time trying so hard on a nobody.

"Tomorrow evening, at Sea-a-dine." He said, "Will you be free?"

My eyes glistened at the name of the restaurant. It is my favorite restaurant with the best seafood and scenery. Oh god, I can't wait.

"Yes!" I said, a little too enthusiastic.

***

I stuttered up to the restaurant as I glanced at the empty restaurant before a girl hurried over, "Sorry miss, the whole restaurant has been fully booked. Please come again tomorrow." 

"I'm Park Heeyoung. Back off." I rolled my eyes at her as I walked past her, ignoring her stupid dumb face. "Sorry Miss!" She apologized as she swiftly caught up, "Let me bring you to your seat." 

I nodded slightly as she walked past me, leading the way. I nodded to her once again as she bowed once she led to the table and I adjusted my dress once more before I carefully took my seat. This better be worth it. 

But once I gazed out, my mood was instantly better. Sure the wind was rather chilly at night, but it was definitely worth it. It was just so calming and nice. I smiled as I watched and listened to the waves crash ashore. 

"Well," I heard someone mutter under his breath as he cleared his throat, catching my attention as I turn over, "Hello, I'm Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you." He said.

And the moment our eyes met, we both shrieked, "It's you?!"

 


 

Author's Note;
            Hope you guys liked it so far. :-)

 

//edited